Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th episode will "blow your mind."

+29
andreana22
mommahurley
SnoopGirl
Pat
AmandaFriend
the beaver1965
MI_Bonesgirl
bones fan 99
adbyadby
crzy4bones
Lorna Doone
RubyRuby
ReginaPhalange
bonesfan158
SouthunLady
anthropologystudent
sanasus
kat0505
elyon
katharine
TRUSSELL33
treble21
bonesparticulat
bailey
HermioneGirl101
joybrennan
tinkrella
mereva
jro54
33 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The 8th episode will "blow your mind." - Page 5 Empty Re: The 8th episode will "blow your mind."

Post by adbyadby Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:02 am

joybrennan wrote:
adbyadby wrote:
treble21 wrote:
adbyadby wrote:
elyon wrote:

I think Booth was trying to signal to Brennan not to blurt out how that was factually incorrect given his sniper background. Interesting that Brennan refrained from being her usual truthful self.

Lorna

Really Why should Brennan do anything for him when he is treating her like something he has just stepped on? And yes i know the Booth lovers are going to have a fun day at that one. All i can say is have fun and try not to get too over excited. I wouldnt want you all to have a stroke and not be able to watch lover boy in the newly named Hannah and Booth show, once known as Bones.

Please do not attack other fans for their opinions, it is fine that you have your own, but it is not ok to belittle others for theirs. . The post comes off as antagonistic like you are trying to start a Booth vs. Brennan war, which will be kinda hard to do as most of the posters here are fans of BOTH Booth and Brennan.

While i agree with what you are saying it seem that people that attack people regarding Brennan seem to go unnoticed it is only people that seem to have go at Booth that get noticed, we have had plan of this in this thread and this was not seen

Rolling Eyes There's a difference between disagreement, dicussion, debate, and a personal attack. Goodness knows I disagree, discuss, dissect and debate pretty heavily on this board. A personal attack. doesn't deal with what a person says, it comments on their character and, as treble21 said, belittles them. No one is required to agree on what they like or don't on this board, but the respect of fellow fans is, in fact, a rule of the Aby. Dividing people into Booth and Brennan lovers and talking about either of them being liked only for their physical physical merits is personal and inappropriate. Incidently, I AM someone who is usually defending Brennan. Some of my best friends on this board completely disagree with me, but we respect each other. Different opinions does not make a person "the enemy."

If you feel passionate about your point of view then stick to the topic and explain and defend why you like or dislike what is happening on the show that pertains to the thread topic.

For instance - in the eighth episode, I hope Booth is concerned enough to seek out why Brennan is upset because his not noticing the changes in her by ep. eight would be completely annoying.

Smile

Well said Joy Smile thank you i just get very defensive of Brennan sometimes and i guess it was making a personal attack at all the Booth lovers but not just one of them, those that cant see both sides of the story and just thing he is god

adbyadby
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

The 8th episode will "blow your mind." - Page 5 Empty Re: The 8th episode will "blow your mind."

Post by AmandaFriend Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:13 am

I think the conjecture about Brennan undergoing some sort of hallucination is a good one. I think the idea is to push her well past her complacency possibly to the brink of her sanity or objectivity into the land of emotional insights, but how it is done without turning it into another hallucination like Booth's Parker is going to be interesting.

Since it's going to be a look inside her mind, I wonder if some of the people she encounters will be representative of those compartments she has established over time? I thought that after reading the sides that the security guard might actually be one aspect of her mind, but without the entire script (better, the entire episode) it's hard to say. Of course, that would take it into the territory of hallucination, but how else would one explain that she sees herself in the photo of the victim unless it's all meant to be metaphorical? Or does she see so many similarities that she can't help but see herself mirrored in the victim?

Certainly I find it interesting that one of the stage directions suggests that she sees Booth as her white knight. Given how things are playing out, Booth, who took several episodes before he seemed to have forgiven Brennan for rejecting him (The Witch in the Wardrobe) and had thawed a bit toward her, now seems hellbent on pushing on, divorcing himself personally from Brennan. If, even after all his cool reserve, she still thinks of him as her white knight, it will say a great deal about how much she reveres him and might be willing to move closer to him despite what might appear to be a betrayal of his "love."

I also wonder if she sees any of the other characters as icons in her life? I'm curious as to whether she sees Angela as more than just friend and sister? Or Hodgins as more than just one of the lab rats she works with or Cam as more than just her boss/associate/rival?

Brennan is such a wonderfully complex character who is so far removed from the spheres of experiences and expectations as the other characters. She is going to be battered and bruised a bit as she comes to her epiphany, but keep in mind that Booth also needs to see his own light. Irregardless of what has happened in the past, both of them need to understand their feelings and be sure of the other's response before either will move past pride or stubbornness. In many ways, that is a tall order.

And then there's Hannah. She might be the disposable girlfriend, but she still needs to be disposed of in some nonlethal way. (Although the squint squad knows more about death and destruction than most and Hodgins, having gone through something similar last season, might be amenable in helping Brennan hide the body. Or not. Ahh well.)

AmandaFriend
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:16 pm

I'm telling you, the journalist is the serial killer and the doctor is her first kill. NOT Kidding.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:31 pm

AmandaFriend wrote:I If, even after all his cool reserve, she still thinks of him as her white knight, it will say a great deal about how much she reveres him and might be willing to move closer to him despite what might appear to be a betrayal of his "love."
It's called faith, Baby. Just faith.

Pat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 160
Say What You Want : Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.
Registration date : 2010-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:13 pm

joybrennan wrote:I'm telling you, the journalist is the serial killer and the doctor is her first kill. NOT Kidding.

Keep repeating that mantra as necessary Wink
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:11 pm

treble21 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:I'm telling you, the journalist is the serial killer and the doctor is her first kill. NOT Kidding.

LoL! What do win if it manifests? Laughing Besides, it's better than pushing her off a cliff, that wouldn't fit at all. Razz Clingy, super-perfect, career-driven woman who expresses scorn that while the victim was top of her field she had no life? There is definitely some Fatal Attraction serial killer potential there! The whole woman scorned theme. Yeah, it's an idea that keeps me sane (sort of) but it also would work and make sense. Say it with me now - Booth's new girl is a serial killer, nah, nah, nah-nah, na! tongue drunken (obviously!)
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by AmandaFriend Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:25 pm

treble21 wrote:

Which would be highly ironic-- Booth, too, is as crappy at picking out woman as is Brennan at picking out men. (And if you think about it objectively, it's fairly true even if that scenario doesn't pan out.)

AmandaFriend
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:00 pm

joybrennan wrote:Say it with me now - Booth's new girl is a serial killer, nah, nah, nah-nah, na! tongue drunken (obviously!)
Booth's new girl is a serial killer!
(What?!... I like it! [Only admins are allowed to see this image])
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:08 pm

mereva wrote:
joybrennan wrote:Say it with me now - Booth's new girl is a serial killer, nah, nah, nah-nah, na! tongue drunken (obviously!)

Na-na-na-na-na-NA! bounce bounce
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by AmandaFriend Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:09 pm

RubyRuby wrote:
mereva wrote:

Brennan: People would not have noticed another body among the many dead in Afghanistan or Iraq. She learned her skills care of the Army, the Army Rangers to be precise. Befriend a soldier and entice him into her bed so that she could learn the skills of the most highly trained snipers. . . .

Booth: (looking sick) I know, I know, Bones. (He turns to her, his emotions raw) I should have believed you.

Brennan: (her own emotions raw given the revelations that day, but they only glimmer for a moment before she masks them) It's understandable that you would question my veracity. . . .

Booth: You don't lie. Not when you know the truth of the thing.

Brennan: I didn't know my feelings, Booth. . . .

Booth: I know. People hide those things that they fear. You feared how leaving your heart open might leave you open to a great deal of pain. I understand that.

Brennan: You know, this means that she's still going to be in our lives until we catch her.

Booth: (he only nods grimly)

Brennan: And you know, this whole incident supports my theory that while the evidence suggests I am incredibly bad at picking out men, you excluded, and Sully, if we're being entirely fair and objective. . . .

Booth: Let's not go there, Bones.

Brennan: I never actually slept with a murderer or serial killer.

Booth: Why'd you have to go there, Bones?

Brennan: (like a dog with a juicy bone, she's not letting this go) So objectively speaking, I would have to say that my taste in men has improved over time while your taste in women, except for me, of course, has grown questionable.

Booth: You went there.

Brennan: Objectively speaking, Booth.

Booth: (he sighs) I knew I hated figs.

AmandaFriend
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:15 pm

AmandaFriend wrote:
RubyRuby wrote:
mereva wrote:

Brennan: People would not have noticed another body among the many dead in Afghanistan or Iraq. She learned her skills care of the Army, the Army Rangers to be precise. Befriend a soldier and entice him into her bed so that she could learn the skills of the most highly trained snipers. . . .

Booth: (looking sick) I know, I know, Bones. (He turns to her, his emotions raw) I should have believed you.

Brennan: (her own emotions raw given the revelations that day, but they only glimmer for a moment before she masks them) It's understandable that you would question my veracity. . . .

Booth: I know. People hide those things that they fear. You feared how leaving your heart open might leave you open to a great deal of pain. I understand that.

Brennan: You know, this means that she's still going to be in our lives until we catch her.

Brennan: And you know, this whole incident supports my theory that while the evidence suggests I am incredibly bad at picking out men, you excluded, and Sully, if we're being entirely fair and objective. . . .

Brennan: (like a dog with a juicy bone, she's not letting this go) So objectively speaking, I would have to say that my taste in men has improved over time while your taste in women, except for me, of course, has grown questionable.

HAHAHAHAHAHA [Only admins are allowed to see this link]. OMG! BRILLIANT!
You just TOTALLY made my day! Very Happy

bowdown bowdown bowdown
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:15 am

Why? Is Booth jogging in his underwear Razz

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:25 am

SnoopGirl wrote:Why? Is Booth jogging in his underwear Razz
Okay, that is just so wrong and off topic Shocked ...PLEASE, GOD, LET IT BE SO!!! [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:13 am

ha ha Not be an I told you so....kind of person...but isn't this my original theory from this summer?

ha ha

Remember when I said that Raghag was going to be the new Big Bad or at least the Big Bad's accomplice? Not that I still believe it, but hey...let's give credit where credit is due!!! lol...... I still think it would make her much more believeable and the whole plot so much easier to swallow!

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by andreana22 Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:58 am

While it would be satisfying for Hannah to be the sniper, I don't think she has those skills. I can see her contracting a sniper to kill Brennan. But even that...I don't think she has a long term plan with Booth so I don't see her as having a strong motive. Maybe a sniper Booth trained who was jealous of his relationship with Hannah. He wouldn't want to hurt Hannah, but from watching Booth would quickly figure out that Bones means a lot to him and killing her would destroy him. Just a theory.

Either way, Booth's need to protect Bones would cause a rift with Hannah and bring him closer to Bones. Smile

andreana22
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2010-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:47 am

Ya I'm not really on board with my own previous theory.... Doesn't seem to fit anymore given what's happened so far.

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:51 am

i'm not either. hannah being the serial killer is way too contrived. I think hannah/booth's demise comes from good old fashioned "the girl is in love with a guy......who loves her back....but, is IN love with another girl....."

Hannah being the serial killer would only add too much drama and angst for booth. We don't need emo booth blaming himself for putting the others in danger (because you know the first person she'd go after would be bren)

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:46 am

I don't see Hannah being a serial killer. I am hoping that her and Booth's relationship fizzles out and she gets bored and moves on (after Booth realises he doesn't want to be with her).

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:57 am

I'm hoping for a mature, adult "parting of the ways" as well. And for Hannah to be gone before the sniper storyline starts. Still can't shake that niggling feeling she is the victim at the back of my head... I really don't think it can be, but will only feel 100% secure in that after her exit. :-) Also, anyone kept track from shows and sides, etc. how many episodes Hannah has actually physically appeared/will appear in yet? I know the 5-6 episode thing isn't confirmed, but I'm just checkin what # we're on now.. LOL
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:06 pm

The new fun theory about the eight ep is that the entire opening of season six is a "coma dream" that Brennan will wake up from in eight. The sniper thing was last week. Very Happy
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by bonesparticulat Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:25 pm

AmandaFriend wrote:
RubyRuby wrote:
mereva wrote:

cheers I love you bounce sunny thumbsup toast bowdown lol!
bonesparticulat
bonesparticulat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-12-10

http://bonesparticulat.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bonesparticulat Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:27 pm

joybrennan wrote:
SnoopGirl wrote:Why? Is Booth jogging in his underwear Razz
Okay, that is just so wrong and off topic Shocked ...PLEASE, GOD, LET IT BE SO!!! [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

No, no! Please let it be Brennan jogging in her underwear, OK, maybe short shorts and a sports bra [ Embarassed ]...
bonesparticulat
bonesparticulat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by bonesparticulat Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:30 pm

joybrennan wrote:The new fun theory about the eight ep is that the entire opening of season six is a "coma dream" that Brennan will wake up from in eight. The sniper thing was last week. Very Happy

Talk about soap opera territory... although strangely it would almost make sense, explain the staraneg behavior of some characters...
drunken
bonesparticulat
bonesparticulat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by bonesparticulat Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:31 pm

"staraneg"—oops, I thought I fixed that, should be "strange" obviously Embarassed
bonesparticulat
bonesparticulat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorna Doone Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:44 am

joybrennan wrote:The new fun theory about the eight ep is that the entire opening of season six is a "coma dream" that Brennan will wake up from in eight. The sniper thing was last week. Very Happy

That would make the "I can't believe Hart went there" plausible as the Brennan having a coma/dream of her own generally raises so much hostility.

Somewhere I read: "when we emerge from a dream, we look at the world with new eyes." That's what is going to happen to Brennan.

Lorna

Lorna Doone
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 149

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next