Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twisted idea but I wanna put it out there

+7
bailey
joybrennan
HermioneGirl101
jsgemini
SnoopGirl
treble21
keerz14
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Twisted idea but I wanna put it out there - Page 2 Empty Re: Twisted idea but I wanna put it out there

Post by MorWeb Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:11 am

treble21 Regarding the song...Neither does it label the man the abuser either, but everyone is declaring him the abuser in this thread. Neutral Song doesn't need to label him an abuser because it's clear that he's an abuser, but it doesn't make her the victim. Evil or Very Mad She's an abuser too. Mad In an abusive relationship it's always going to go bad. Most often there is an innocent (non-abuser) in the relationship, but in this song neither is an innocent & while he takes it to the next notch, and we know it because the song is from his point of view, we don't know her point-of-view which might be "If you raise your hand at me again I'm going to light this joint up" ala The Burning Bed. Shocked

After review of the lyrics I'll concede that it is an anti-abuse song, but not only because it shows women that an abuser is a liar. It's an anti-abuse song in that it shows that anger and violence escalates no matter the perpetrator. Cool The lies are also the same no matter the gender saying them. Sad The majority of Eminem's audience is men, and his message speaks to them two fold...don't be a perpetrator, and maybe a man can be a victim too. Shocked Women as abusers are often discounted / overlooked, and this song shows a female abuser & that neither one of them is right. Perhaps male victims of abuse will hear this & stand up for themselves by getting out of the relationship just as we hope for women who hear the song. cheers cheers cheers

Perhaps I have a different viewpoint because I am a survivor of a female abuser. I wasn't in a sexual relationship with her ever. She is a family member by blood. Only time, space, and counseling made it possible to feel comfortable & of my own strength in her presence. She is family so I cannot eliminate her from my life completely, but now if she raises her voice even an octave I separate myself from the situation. I also see that she's not the same person she was 20 years ago, but I will never take down my defensive wall completely in her presence.

Regarding Bones...I could still get behind this twisted idea if it is a case B/B are working on as I laid out in my last post. Laughing Perhaps the B/B moment could be that one or both of them share more about the abuse they survived. Sad Maybe it will be the time for Bones to reveal to Booth what Hank revealed to her about Booth's father. Sad Sad Sad Then maybe she could hold him as she promised Hank. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Not a bad s/l idea - public service type episode with a domestic violence case, and progression of the B/B relationship. May not be such a twisted idea. Wink
MorWeb
MorWeb
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 43
Say What You Want : "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility."~Uncle Ben Parker...May HH be forever reminded of this when he thinks of the B/B Shippers!
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Twisted idea but I wanna put it out there - Page 2 Empty Re: Twisted idea but I wanna put it out there

Post by treble21 Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:03 am

I totally agree that lies are the same from abusers regardless of gender, if you look at my previous posts I have already gone over the fact that there is defintely abusers that are either gender, I've experienced both in my life . That is not in dispute at all, but is also not really the case in this song either. Looking at the lyrics completely separate from the video, the "woman" is portrayed as having a temper and actively participating in the fights, but she's also portrayed as wanting it to end. The man clearly doesn't want it to end, because in his mind he's already planning ways to stop her if she leaves him again, That's what makes him the "abuser" in this situation
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by MorWeb Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:52 pm

treble21 I've enjoyed our exchange. Very Happy I think it's nice when two adults can have an amicable, respectful discussion where their viewpoints differ. Laughing That isn't always the case on some message boards. Sad

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on our view of the characters within Eminem's story (and I think all of his songs are just stories with music in the background). In my view once an abuser always an abuser, and even if the woman - who has been an abuser- intimates that she wants the violence to end there is a point of no return because as we have already agreed abusers are liars so how is he - or we - to know that in her protests she's not lying.

From what you've shared I know you are aware of the fear that a person suffering abuse has of when the next assault will come, when the shoe will drop. In this story both are abusers & the abused so they have the rage of the abuser & the fear of the abused at the same time...which will only equal nasty violence leading to mutual destruction at some point. Mutual destruction is especially assured because the normal dynamic of having an abuser who wants to beat down the person they're abusing & a person who is being abused who only seeks escape from the abuse is bastardized because instead you have two people who's basic attitude is to beat the other person down coming at each other repeatedly without end. Again she may intimate that she wants the violence to end, but by her history she would likely give as good as she gets should he come at her.

Entirely off topic, but something I've been meaning to touch on with you...I FLOVE your tagline!!!! Wink Smile Very Happy Laughing Just to be clear...I continue to appreciate HH's brilliance, sunny I think Season 6 is going to cumulatively make me VERY happy, cheers and should it progress as outlined by SN & HH elsewhere I cannot fathom how it could not continue at least through Season 7 (but personally would love to see Seasons 8-9-10 I love you ). Now please join me in a very irreverent, entirely irresponsible happy dance! cheers thumbsup toast
MorWeb
MorWeb
Squint
Squint

Say What You Want : "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility."~Uncle Ben Parker...May HH be forever reminded of this when he thinks of the B/B Shippers!

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:10 am

We can definitely agree to disagree on this because really it just comes down to perception.
Now moving on... Thank you, and yes I will join you in celebratory happy dance cheers I'll even break out my Happy Balls LOL

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by MorWeb Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:24 pm

I FLOVE YOUR HAPPY BALLS!!!! They do indeed make me feel very happy!!! See you around the board! Wink Very Happy Laughing cheers hug I love you I love you I love you
MorWeb
MorWeb
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2