Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I just wanna ask... please don't jump on me.

+11
A2BOREANAZ
ToZiKa
redrider
the beaver1965
bones206
Meegs82
DBCrazy
dawnsfire
queen bess
CanadianBones
RGPageantqueen
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I just wanna ask... please don't jump on me. Empty I just wanna ask... please don't jump on me.

Post by RGPageantqueen Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:41 am

Ok so I've been searching around different websites and googling Emily and stuff and came across a bunch of people who seem to think that in the last few episodes of Bones she looks like she's in the early stages of pregnancy. Now, I've never been pregnant but I have three little sisters and know people who have had babies and I don't think she looks like she's pregnant, but I know some of you guys have been pregnant some more recent than others, and was wondering if you guys think that maybe or if it's just a little weight gain? I think it's weight gain which isn't bad, cause she's not fat or anything and she's really pretty but I was just wondering what the more experienced woman on here think about it?

DISCLAIMER: I'm not here to spread a rumor or gossip about her being pregnant or not or even to discuss her private life, but to just see if others who have a firsthand knowledge on this have anything to say or if anyone else has noticed anything. So please don't come here to chew me out for gossiping or spreading rumors because thats not what I'm doing, so don't even hit the send button if you are just going to give me your point of view on rumors and gossip. Thank you.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

I just wanna ask... please don't jump on me. Empty Re: I just wanna ask... please don't jump on me.

Post by CanadianBones Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:49 am

Well, I would say no. I was told last season that for whatever reason this rumour seems to come up each season (when this rumour went around then). She doesn't look any different to me. She's tall, got a curvy figure, she's not a tiny girl (no I'm not calling her fat by any means, she looks completely healthy given her height). Women, we get bloated, retain water, you know how it goes. We've also seen pictures of her at recent events and she looks normal. These Bones episodes we are watching were filmed weeks (maybe even months) ago, so even if she was pregnant I would say it would be more obvious in any public appearance picture we would have seen. That's my logic anyway.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

I just wanna ask... please don't jump on me. Empty Re: I just wanna ask... please don't jump on me.

Post by queen bess Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:08 pm

i seriously think the hair people are doing her no favours.....
queen bess
queen bess
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 17725
Say What You Want : demoted to countess...
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:46 pm

I've seen that, too, and they're so convinced of the truth of their own rumors!

Her face looks a little fuller, which I noted some time last season and wondered about at the time. But she's been in public enough, not to mention on screen, that we would have actually seen if she was pregnant. Not like she's hiding behind things, after all.

queen

someone did that, come to think of it; an older show. The actress was pregnant and they didn't write it into the show, so they cut back some of her screen time, and whenever we saw her, she was sitting or we just saw her arms and shoulders and head. Anyone else remember that?
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:08 pm

dawnsfire wrote:I've seen that, too, and they're so convinced of the truth of their own rumors!

Her face looks a little fuller, which I noted some time last season and wondered about at the time. But she's been in public enough, not to mention on screen, that we would have actually seen if she was pregnant. Not like she's hiding behind things, after all.

queen

someone did that, come to think of it; an older show. The actress was pregnant and they didn't write it into the show, so they cut back some of her screen time, and whenever we saw her, she was sitting or we just saw her arms and shoulders and head. Anyone else remember that?

If I remember correctly it was one of these two shows: The King Of Queens OR Everybody Loves Raymond. But I remember someone talking about it. They also did that in SVU when Mariska was pregnant but Olivia wasn't. They had her on screen from the shoulders up.

But yeah CanadianBones, I agree, I think people are just so used to seeing toothpick skinny women on screen that when someone with a body comes out or someone who might begin to gain a little weight they're automatically pregnant. I don't understand why people are so antsy for her to get pregnant. I remember reading something where she said that the whole getting married thing and having kids was never her first priority in life not that she won't accept a baby if she does get pregnant, but that she's not out there hoping to get pregnant cause it's not something that she really really wants. But i get that she should have at least one kid to pass along her beautiful eyes too, and her boyfriend is blue eyed too which means it will be a dominant gene and the baby will almost be gauranteed Blue eyed. but other than that I don't know why people are so antsy for her to get pregnant.

It's kinda sick how America has put such an enormous stance on hollywood pregnancies, ya know? America is so obsessed with women in Hollywood having babies and Hollywood children and stuff, it's kinda sickening, having a baby or having your pregnancy publicized for all of the world to follow is not part of their job description, I get that you should expect it when you get into that field of work but at the same time they're still people. Nobody wants their pregnancy pictures plastered all over the tabloids.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:47 pm

Maybe Bones took Booth up on his donation and never mentioned it to anyone!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:30 pm

Dawn, it happened with Gillian Anderson on "The X-Files" and just recently with Chyler Leigh and Ellen Pompeo on "Grey's Anatomy." Those are the shows I know of. If you're thinking of an older show, then maybe it's "The X-Files." It was kind of a big deal at the time, Gillian getting pregnant and I *think* they came pretty close to recasting Scully because it was pretty early on (I wanna say end of 1st season or beginning of the 2nd). SO glad they didn't, but they DID make her sign a clause that stated she wouldn't get pregnant again for the remainder of the show.

Last edited by Meegs82 on Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:31 pm

DBCrazy wrote:Maybe Bones took Booth up on his donation and never mentioned it to anyone!

LMAO Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:45 pm

Pretty funny, Sherry! Laughing Though I did wonder after the finale if they were going to go that route for this season...

And apparently, they've done that trick on a lot of shows, because I never really watched any of the ones mentioned.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by bones206 Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:29 pm

dawnsfire wrote:

It happened on Will & Grace also!
bones206
bones206
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2057
Say What You Want : I want to go ride my horse. I love my horse. I want to watch the new episodes of Bones. I want to talk to my friends about Bones. But, most of friends don't watch Bones. Sad
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:59 pm

Guess it happens a lot. I mean, where they don't write it into the character. I seem to remember some actress on some soap-opera-y show getting fired for getting pregnant. It was back in the late '90s, I think. It really isn't that difficult, or so I've read, for the directors to disguise it.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:57 pm

It happened on 90210, when Jennie Garth was pregnant with her first. They had her hiding behind bags and counters. It happens all the time, unless the writers can find a good way to write the pregnancy in - like in Friends, with Lisa Kudrow, when Phoebe was having Frank's babies ("MY SISTER'S GOING TO HAVE MY BABY!!!!" Wink ).

Ella I agree with you about the Hollywood pregnancy thing. It always seems like there's a 'bump watch' going on. Like when your baby pictures get sold for millions of dollars, how on Earth are you supposed to have a normal life?

Just chalk it up to people who claim to be Emily's fans but yet start these rumours.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by the beaver1965 Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:12 am

If she is pregnant good for her. I just hope the baby looks like HER and not HIM!!!!

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by redrider Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:01 am

RGPageantqueen wrote:I'm not here to spread a rumor or gossip about her being pregnant or not or even to discuss her private life, but to just see if others who have a firsthand knowledge on this have anything to say or if anyone else has noticed anything. So please don't come here to chew me out for gossiping or spreading rumors because thats not what I'm doing, so don't even hit the send button if you are just going to give me your point of view on rumors and gossip. Thank you.

Maybe you don't intend to spread rumors, but asking the question put the idea in people's heads, so it happened anyway. How would anyone here have firsthand knowledge? Do any of us know Emily personally?

I have just 3 things to say:

If she was pregnant in any of the eps we are currently seeing, which were filmed quite awhile ago, the news of her pregnancy would already be out. The fact that it hasn't been announced should put to rest any question about the possibility.

And second, having someone ask if you're pregnant when you're not has to be one of the most mortifying things to happen to a woman. It must be especially bad when a group of total strangers examine pictures of you and debate amongst themselves about whether you look pregnant.

Last, it's none of our business. If and when she becomes pregnant, it is completely her choice as to when and how the announcement is made. Until she makes the announcement, I say everyone needs to just leave the subject alone. She is a healthy woman with curves and I applaud her for not pursuing the waif-thin ideal that the entertainment industry pushes.
redrider
redrider
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://fanstory.com/mypage.jsp

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:21 am

redrider wrote:
RGPageantqueen wrote:I'm not here to spread a rumor or gossip about her being pregnant or not or even to discuss her private life, but to just see if others who have a firsthand knowledge on this have anything to say or if anyone else has noticed anything. So please don't come here to chew me out for gossiping or spreading rumors because thats not what I'm doing, so don't even hit the send button if you are just going to give me your point of view on rumors and gossip. Thank you.

Maybe you don't intend to spread rumors, but asking the question put the idea in people's heads, so it happened anyway. How would anyone here have firsthand knowledge? Do any of us know Emily personally?

If she was pregnant in any of the eps we are currently seeing, which were filmed quite awhile ago, the news of her pregnancy would already be out. The fact that it hasn't been announced should put to rest any question about the possibility.

And second, having someone ask if you're pregnant when you're not has to be one of the most mortifying things to happen to a woman. It must be especially bad when a group of total strangers examine pictures of you and debate amongst themselves about whether you look pregnant.

Last, it's none of our business. If and when she becomes pregnant, it is completely her choice as to when and how the announcement is made. Until she makes the announcement, I say everyone needs to just leave the subject alone. She is a healthy woman with curves and I applaud her for not pursuing the waif-thin ideal that the entertainment industry pushes.
I totally agree with your last paragraph, red

you are right about the first two as well, but I think what Ella was talking about was someone with 'experience' in being pregnant

but I think we should just let this topic go now
there were rumors, we know that it can't be true, so why talk about it anymore, right?

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:37 am

redrider wrote:

I see we missed the part where I said to not chew me out for spreading rumors. And um, whether or not it's mortifying to be asked if you're pregnant, it does happen and people make mistakes, but yeah sensibility should be used but hey at least you weren't called an anorexic by an evil clown in front of about 50 something people. So yeah.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by redrider Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:58 am

Emily obviously prefers to keep her private life private, and IMO, true fans would respect her wishes. IMO, true fans wouldn't even post stuff like this, whether they intend to spread rumors or not. It only takes a tiny thing like this to start a rumor.

Just stating my opinion.

P.S. I have NO idea what the last part of your post has to do with anything.
redrider
redrider
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:45 am

then according to YOUR opinion I'm not a true fan... oh well. =[ The last part actually happened to me, I'd rather someone ask me if I was pregnant than call me out for not eating and being under weight given the fact that my little sister IS anorexic and it's not funny to call that out to anybody in front of 50 people.

Thanks for your opinion. Now here's mine. I don't think talking in a group of people who have the same interests in you about that interest. In this case it's the show, it's the actress, it's the character. Whether or not you want it, someone IS going to be talking about you when you get in this business. HOWEVER, No one here is trash talking her, putting her down, calling her out or saying ANYTHING that is rude or unkind. It's natural to have wonders. I had wonders when my teacher was pregnant three years ago. I ended up asking her and she never took offense to my questioning. I understand if our manner and our tone was in a negative manner towards her and her life, but we aren't. We aren't throwing out magazine articles saying she's pregnant, we aren't going on ET and talking about her baby bump. It's just casual conversation. AND THATS MY OPINION. Take it or leave it, but don't argue with me, I hate people who argue pointless stuff. If you wanna argue, go argue about the Health Care plan or something thats actually relevant to life than someone's possible pregnancy.

It sounds to me like you've been in a situation where someone's called you out or asked you if you were pregnant when you weren't, and if thats true than I'm very sorry. Thats seriously shitty. Trust me, I've been in a boat similar to that. But you're taking this a little too personal. Just breathe, everything will be ok. I promise. If she wants to get mad for talking about her being pregnant than she can come yell at me. I won't mind.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by redrider Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:10 am

How nice. I stated my opinion, you stated yours and everybody's happy, right? If you think I'm upset, you're wrong. If you think I'm taking it personal, you're wrong. I like discussing all sorts of things, and I enjoy expressing my opinion. You may think the subject is unimportant, but I don't.

Your assumption about me is incorrect. Nobody has ever assumed I am pregnant when I wasn't. I don't have to experience something to be able to sympathize. I am very good at putting myself in the other person's shoes.
redrider
redrider
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:25 am

Than take a chill pill or a nap or down a bottle of grey goose or something. But seriously, get over it. If it makes you happy let's say you won and drop it, k? This is seriously pathetic and I'm above that.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by redrider Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:31 am

Who said anything about "winning"? Why do some people think every discussion is an argument that someone has to "win"? What is there to "get over"? Ithink you may be projecting your own upset on me. Maybe you should take your own advice and take a chill pill.
redrider
redrider
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:37 am

Maybe it's in the way you word your opinions and the tone in which you use to express them. Sounds hostile and negative, even if that wasn't your intentions, it's how it came off. Maybe you should watch the tone you use and the words you use to express your opinion. My original post was written to avoid this exact issue and yet it still arises. So, willgirl if you read this can you delete this to avoid further pointless arguments. Thank you.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by redrider Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:58 am

FYI: willgirl doesn't delete posts or threads

regardless,
sorry my opinion upset you
it wasn't my intent
I read every post several times to make sure I'm saying exactly what I mean
I can't help if you misread or misunderstood.
redrider
redrider
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:04 am

I'm not upset. I just think you're a bit emotional over this topic. I get it's out run it's course but still it's barely relevant to your life or mine or Emilys and as far as I know noones died because of this. FYI I know she lock it if she wants and I'm asking if she will not telling. I don't care if she does or not. You can argue with yourself now cause this is pointless and stupid. I'm out.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by redrider Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:07 am

ok, bye, have a good night
but I'm so NOT emotional
and you're not upset
so it's all good
redrider
redrider
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next