Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Beginning of the End for 'Bones'?

+9
dreamerktm411
Murphs93
jro54
MI_Bonesgirl
joybrennan
future_anthro
Meegs82
Brain&Heart
bugaboo628
13 posters

:: News

Go down

The Beginning of the End for 'Bones'? Empty The Beginning of the End for 'Bones'?

Post by bugaboo628 Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:42 pm

I actually totally agree with this article.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

EDIT: I don't agree that putting B&B together would tank the show.

Last edited by bugaboo628 on Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

The Beginning of the End for 'Bones'? Empty Re: The Beginning of the End for 'Bones'?

Post by Brain&Heart Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:00 pm

Sad i found this article sad to read... i dont know if thats because i couldnt imagine the end of Bones, or because it was actually true...

i was watching some episodes from season one and two the other day,and i actually do miss the way Bones used to be. it was fun and original but now it seems to be lacking in that, or something.

but i still do love and enjoy watching every episode, i had never really found it to be too forced... except for Booth going off to the war... but after reading this article i can understand how alot of people do feel this way... but i dunno, i seem to still thoroughly enjoy every episode for what it is, and with Angela and Hodgins getting married so quickly, i didnt find this a shock at all, i thought the timing of it was right and almost natural, it was in their characters.
Brain&Heart
Brain&Heart
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2010-05-10

Back to top Go down

The Beginning of the End for 'Bones'? Empty Re: The Beginning of the End for 'Bones'?

Post by Meegs82 Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:06 pm

This was painful to read, that's for sure. And I do NOT agree that putting B&B together will ruin the show. But what I DO agree with is that the upcoming season should be the last. Tie it all up in a pretty pink bow and deliver us diehard fans the present we've been waiting for for years...B&B kissing and loving each other. And then move on. Yes, I do want to see them in a relationship for a while, not just declare their love in the last minute of the show. But, it all needs to be wrapped up this coming season. I don't have a clue how they'd go about doing it, but then again, I don't work for the show. "They" do...and they need to fix all of this and fix it NOW.

Make this next season SO flipping good that we forget about all of those times you let us down, writers. You can only milk the cow for so long before the utters get sore.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:26 pm

That was definitely hard to read, and i definitely agree with parts of it. I think the writing obviously suffered this season and there could be many reasons for that.

I'm really hoping that the writing will recover this season.
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:39 pm

I read it, left a comment. No WAY could I let the it's the getting them together that's tanking the show idea stand out on its own. Mad
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:02 am

I read it, and I agree with most of it. I, however, vehemently disagree with the thinking that putting B&B together will tank the show. However they are setting it up for that. If ratings tank in S6 they will rush putting B&B together and the show will be over. Then they can say the relationship was the demise of the show. Rolling Eyes
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:27 am

Really
bugaboo628 wrote:I actually totally agree with this article.

Some of it, yeah. But the idea that the romance between the characters is where the problem stems from is bogus. It's the same idea always trotted out when shows with romantic leads tank. The show is tanking because the producers have the writers twisting themselves into pretzels so that the characters' relationship development doesn't go where it naturally wants to go. If they had, then they could concentrate on interesting well-written cases that challenge the team as well as B&B's personal lives. However, the B&B stuff wouldn't have to be front and center all the time.

The "will they/won't they stuff has become a big pink elephant in the room. Everyone sees the characters are at a point where they logically should be together while the producers have the writers dancing around the thing going "there's nothing here. What pink elephant?" Makes really bad television, and on network tv, seems to happen all the time. Take a look at " The Closer" (which has won at least an emmy a year since it's been in on.) Or "Burn Notice." Like, HH and Co., take a page the book they're using. "House" obviously did, and no one is writing articles about it being THEIR last season. Instead there is new curiosity, interest, POSSIBILITY! Mad
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:29 am

It's a shame that people feel this way. Sad I do not agree that putting B&B together will ruin the show and I don't think Angela and Hodgin's union was rushed. It was completely in their characters to be spontaneous. But I do agree that the writing isn't like what it used to be.

I'm so excited for S6, but I'm also a little nervous because we never know what kind of crap HH is going to pull on us Rolling Eyes
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:30 am

I should have said that I do not agree putting B&B together would tank the show. I agree with pretty much the rest of the article. I do think this should be the last season of the show.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Murphs93 Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:51 am

As someone who's only been watching Bones for 6/7 months, I don't really have the same frustration as most people here. I didn't have to go through the disappointment of the S4 finale for example. For me I could last a while longer for them to get together and I am slightly wary of what putting them together would do to ratings. BUT what HH is doing now ain't gonna help with ratings either. Not just cos of B&B but also the cases.

I wish there were more episodes like the early ones and the gravedigger episodes. At least he's said that they're bringing in a continuing arc this season which is always good. Just make it more old school Bones!

But I agree with most people that at this rate S6 should be the last. I just can't see it going for another 2+ seasons. That sounds depressing but a 6/7 year run is good and ending with high ratings and a good ending for B&B is what we and HH want right?

Murphs93
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 133
Say What You Want : Me: It's the 100th episode tomorrow.
Mum: What is it a special murder or something?
Me: I don't watch it for the cases mother!

I am secretly Naomi from paleontology.
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:14 am

I think S6 should be the last too because I would rather have a strong final season with high ratings and happy B&B ending than watching it drag out for 5 more years.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:33 pm

I want AT LEAST a S7. For selfish reasons more than anything. The way I look at it, if S6 is the end, we are left with 23 episodes. In order for a realistic B&B story to play out, they wouldn't be together romantically til at least halfway through S6. If S6 is the end, that would leave us with roughly only 10-probably more like 8 episodes if you factor in winter hiatus-for a B&B storyline to wrap up. Sorry-but after 6 years that isn't enough for me.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Brain&Heart Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:48 pm

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:I want AT LEAST a S7. For selfish reasons more than anything. The way I look at it, if S6 is the end, we are left with 23 episodes. In order for a realistic B&B story to play out, they wouldn't be together romantically til at least halfway through S6. If S6 is the end, that would leave us with roughly only 10-probably more like 8 episodes if you factor in winter hiatus-for a B&B storyline to wrap up. Sorry-but after 6 years that isn't enough for me.

its not enough for me either!
Brain&Heart
Brain&Heart
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2010-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamerktm411 Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:34 am

I want exactly seven seasons! less would not have adequate time to tie up loose ends, and more I think would be too long (there is such thing as too much of a good thing.) I would love it if Brennan and Booth got together officially in the season 6 finale. Smile
dreamerktm411
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1255
Say What You Want : "I hope you find something that just changes the entire notion of what it means to be human."
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:49 am

If we could return to pre-coma dream B&B, then the show could stand to go at least through S7. Back to when the cases were actually the main focus and B&B's flirtation was just an added bonus. While I enjoyed most episodes this season I got sick of the puppy dog mooning over Brennan version of Booth. Please let Booth come back from Afghanistan with the chip on his shoulder and the murderer ass kicking/man on a mission attitude from before he went all mushy and weepy on us. I want my hot alpha male FBI criminal butt kicker back.

I liked the S4 finale, but it back fired on HH & Co. Not to be crass, but it was like offering a beer to someone with a drinking problem. Giving the super diehard shippers who only watch the show for the sole purpose of seeing B&B get it on even one little taste of what could be, was a mistake because now, it doesn't matter how good the cases are, how great the acting is....if B&B aren't mating like bunnies they aren't going to be happy.

I'm a shipper...but I don't need to see them setting up house, picking out china patterns and all that...I want good strong cases, and the "fun" of B&B back...and at the end a baby Booth...just because I think a Booth freaking out when Brennan goes into labor scene would be HYSTERICAL!

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by bones_fanatic19 Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:00 am

I want it to go to at least season seven, but whenever it does come to an end I hope that HH & CO either decide that or are given enough warning so they can end the show on a high note and we aren't left dissapointed. But, I do know that you never know what is coming in this business.
bones_fanatic19
bones_fanatic19
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1112
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by himbeer29 Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:07 am

I agree with this article... but I'm a bit bias, because I'm a firm believer that ANY show can't really last (or produce) more than about 6 good, quality seasons. Well, any show with the same cast/characters. Change the cast, you get more time. See Doctor Who. There's just only so much character development you can do... after a certain point, it just gets ridiculous. So, knowing that, shows do a lot better when they focus on an end... and just work towards that, instead of trying to draw it out. So I dunno... I guess I'd be fine (maybe) with a season 7... but it really depends on what they do with season 6.

On the other hand, I do believe that they could put B&B together and write good episodes without the "setting up house" part. For me, a lot of the fun is just watching them interact (especially in the earlier seasons) and had something to do with the tension, but mostly because it was enjoyable watching the two bicker. That part of the relationship could easily carry over into B&B together storylines. So like what crzy4bones said... focus on good cases, and let us just watch the characters interact. Plus, if they clear the air of the "will they won't they stuff", then they could actually go back to having a fun, bickering relationship again. (Or maybe I'm just coming off of the last several episodes... which were just so... sad.) And I'm probably being overly optimistic and just hoping they'll give me what I, personally, want, but hey, it could happen. (McWoooooorld!)

And I'm totally with crzy4bones... I miss kick ass Booth. I mean... it was just so much more fun watching him threaten gang leaders and (well, I could go on forever).
himbeer29
himbeer29
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 10638
Say What You Want : Chicks Against Energy Drinks = C.A.E.D ♫♪Because they are bad for you♪♫ (Thanks to Turi!)
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:16 am

I agree with those of you who are saying you don't want to watch them play house. I don't want that either. And I can't see the show going down that road. I want the dynamics of seasons 1-3 back, where there was most definitely attraction and sexual tension between B&B. I know we can't go back to that, but David and Emily have more than enough chemistry that I feel HH can put those 2 characters together romantically and bring back the bickering and fun.
UST and will they/won't they is GONE so what do they have to lose at this point? I liked S5 for the fact that we got to really see how Booth felt, but at the same time, he really was sad. Sad for that life that he wanted with Brennan but couldn't have. Enough with the angst and torturing of the characters, put them together and make them happy. If they are happy-we are happy. THEN we can take the B&B relationship off the front burner and bring back the solid cases and solid writing.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:30 am

I think there should be exactly 7 seasons, but ultimately, I want Bones to end with a strong final season, high ratings, and a happy B&B ending instead watching it go on for 5 more years and then get canceled.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:33 am

jro54 wrote:I think there should be exactly 7 seasons, but ultimately, I want Bones to end with a strong final season, high ratings, and a happy B&B ending instead watching it go on for 5 more years and then get canceled.

I agree. Season 6 is just not enough time IMO to wrap everything up.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:13 am

crzy4bones wrote:If we could return to pre-coma dream B&B, then the show could stand to go at least through S7. Back to when the cases were actually the main focus and B&B's flirtation was just an added bonus. While I enjoyed most episodes this season I got sick of the puppy dog mooning over Brennan version of Booth. Please let Booth come back from Afghanistan with the chip on his shoulder and the murderer ass kicking/man on a mission attitude from before he went all mushy and weepy on us. I want my hot alpha male FBI criminal butt kicker back.

I liked the S4 finale, but it back fired on HH & Co. Not to be crass, but it was like offering a beer to someone with a drinking problem. Giving the super diehard shippers who only watch the show for the sole purpose of seeing B&B get it on even one little taste of what could be, was a mistake because now, it doesn't matter how good the cases are, how great the acting is....if B&B aren't mating like bunnies they aren't going to be happy.

I can't speak for shippers in general, but for me "mating like bunnies" is NOT the point. A BIG love isn't just sex. However, it's the now WAY drawn out "will they /won't they" crap that's tying the show's energy up. Let them acknowledge they love each other, agree to take it slow, and GET BACK to work! Stolen kisses here and there,while dealing with a serial killer. Talks dealing with Booth past. I'll tell you one thing - the thing with Rebecca not marrying him when she got pregnant, even though he thought they were in love, and him knowing how skittish Brennan can be, I think Booth would WANT to take it slow. Brennan's not the only one with concerns about getting hurt.

My point is, if the show would "go with the flow" instead of trying to dam up UST energy, we could get back to really great cases, kick-ass protective Booth, and playful flirtatious banter. Right now, it's stupid and boring. They replay issues that have been dealt with before, the characters' developmental progress is all over the map. All because they think getting them together will tank the show. Enough already! Mad

I'm a shipper...but I don't need to see them setting up house, picking out china patterns and all that...I want good strong cases, and the "fun" of B&B back...and at the end a baby Booth...just because I think a Booth freaking out when Brennan goes into labor scene would be HYSTERICAL!
lol! Hadn't thought of that, but OMG, yes! Laughing
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankuuh Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:46 am

I just read this article...and I agree with what is said. Only not that brining them together will kill the show...but other than that. Yes Im with the writer.
Ankuuh
Ankuuh
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:43 pm

crzy4bones wrote:If we could return to pre-coma dream B&B, then the show could stand to go at least through S7. Back to when the cases were actually the main focus and B&B's flirtation was just an added bonus. While I enjoyed most episodes this season I got sick of the puppy dog mooning over Brennan version of Booth. Please let Booth come back from Afghanistan with the chip on his shoulder and the murderer ass kicking/man on a mission attitude from before he went all mushy and weepy on us. I want my hot alpha male FBI criminal butt kicker back.

Hell yes on all accounts!!
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down