Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Relationship Ain't Big Enough for the Two of Us - Wink Production Authors: I hart Booth-Willgirl

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

This Relationship Ain't Big Enough for the Two of Us - Wink Production Authors: I hart Booth-Willgirl - Page 2 Empty Re: This Relationship Ain't Big Enough for the Two of Us - Wink Production Authors: I hart Booth-Willgirl

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:00 pm

wow bella. um...you seem really into the torture. i'm not sure what that says about you, but i guess as long as you enjoy it.

*lol*

jerseybones
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 35708
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

This Relationship Ain't Big Enough for the Two of Us - Wink Production Authors: I hart Booth-Willgirl - Page 2 Empty Re: This Relationship Ain't Big Enough for the Two of Us - Wink Production Authors: I hart Booth-Willgirl

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:01 pm

No, I DON'T ENJOY IT, they do!!! They LOVE making people cry, and want to rip their hair out!! THEY will rip your heart out, it's an awful mess, so sad!!

Bella
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:02 pm

Aww, I really like this story! I felt like I was watching a split screen kind of thing with the two conversations.... Can't wait for more!

miller0259
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:02 pm

another 48 hours and my angst is the wait. i can live with that type of angst cause i can distract myself with booth.

jerseybones
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:03 pm

Waiting.... not so paitently. Where's the next chap?? PLEASEEEEEE

beagleluvr93
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:04 pm

working on it I promise. Sorry, i've been sick!

willi
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:05 pm

So...here it is January 17th and I found this just now!!! It's been up almost ten days!! What do I live under a rock?! At least I found it...

Well Wink Productions...as much as I love this reading everyone else's comments *cough* loony's *cough*...I am pretty nervous to see where this goes. I love the Brennan/Angela and Booth/Travis dialog...how do you spell dialog? Did I do it correctly? Anyway...great start, cant wait to read more! Even though I'm worried about what may possibly come out of both of your minds....

gimmeagun
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:05 pm

*tapping foot impatiently*
Willi, I know you've been sick... and I love you... but holy jeez, the wait is killin' me! I hope you will post soon!

space
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:06 pm

Writing it right now!

willi
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:06 pm

yeah will is up to writing. that's a double bonus, 1) she's feeling better and 2) she's writing.

jerseybones
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:07 pm

[g]I hope you can all forgive me for the lateness, I was stricken ill with the flu! Wink Productions thanks you very much for all the reviews and hopes you enjoy![/g]

[s][g]Spontaneous Combustion[/g][/s]

Booth heard the shower running and smiled to himself. He pulled back the covers and swung his legs around until he was sitting up. He had decided to take Travis’s advice. Perhaps they were just missing a little spontaneity in their life. It happens to the best of couples.

He got up and crept towards the bathroom, being as quiet as possible on the squeaky wood floors. Peeling off his undershirt and boxers, he left them in a lump by the door and pushed it open as silently as possible. The glass doors of the shower were fogged up, as was the mirror. ‘Perfect.’ He thought to himself. He could partially see her voluptuous figure through the glass and when she stepped under the water, he saw his chance. Pulling open the door, he stepped inside in one quick motion, hoping to surprise her.

“Hey Ba……Ow!” Booth said, as a hand came flying at him and smacked him in the nose.

“Booth! What are you…? Oh, I’m sorry, I thought you were…”Brennan started, trying to see through the warm water as it ran down her face..

“Thought I was what? An intruder getting in the shower to have sex with you?” Booth replied, clutching his nose and trying to stem the flow of blood.

“Have sex with? What?” she said, incredulously, turning off the water and stepping out of the shower. “Here, sit and let me take a look.”

Booth sat on the toilet seat feeling slightly uncomfortable now that he was naked and cold. Brennan, who had grabbed herself a fluffy red towel, lifted his head up and examined his nose.

“It’s not broken. Just hold some Kleenex under it and keep it up in the air. The blood should stop in a few minutes.”

“Thanks Bones.”

“Booth, what the hell were you doing? I thought you were asleep.” Her caring tone turned to chastisement as she stood up straight, her hands on her hips.

“I was just trying to be…” he stopped, seeing the quizzical yet frustrated look on her face. “You know what? Never mind.”

“I’m getting dressed. Stay there.” She said, grabbing her towel. “Why would you….oomph!” Booth looked over and saw her sprawled on the ground.

“Bones, are you okay?” he said, pulling the Kleenex away from his face and reaching to help her.

“I’m fine.” She said, huffily. “I just tripped on these….Booth what are your clothes doing here? Why would you leave them in the middle of the floor?”

“Because I was sneaking into the bathroom.” He explained, feeling sillier and more frustrated by the moment.

“Yeah, you can explain that to me as well. Actually don’t. Let’s just go to work.” She stalked out of the bathroom.

“Great.” He muttered. “Just great.”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Booth rolled his eyes and waited for the laughter to stop. As if his morning hadn’t been bad enough already, he really needed his best friend to laugh in his face about it.

“Travis…” he said, trying to intercede.

“No wait. Tell me the part again where your lass hit you in the nose.” Travis replied, trying hard to talk through laughter, which was now catching the attention of other agents nearby.

“It’s not that funny.” He grumbled fixing himself a cup of the clumpy black FBI regulation coffee.

“Yes it is.” Travis said, wiping the tears from his eyes. Seeing the look on his friend’s face, he took a deep breath to calm down. “What possessed you to do that Seeley-boy?”

“You!” Booth replied, pointing an accusatory finger. “I was trying to be spontaneous.”

“So the shower thing didn’t work. Try whisking her away. Although be careful about how you whisk! You might end up with a broken leg!” Travis replied, restarting his chuckling again.

“Yeah, yeah.” Booth said, leaving the break room and not-so-accidentally letting the door hit Travis as he followed behind.

“So was she mad?” Travis caught up quickly, deciding that he had probably deserved the door-in-face treatment.

“More than mad, she barely talked to me. I mean I didn’t intend for her to trip on those clothes.”

“Are you sure she’s not a redhead?” Travis asked, now making himself comfortable in one of the chairs in Booth’s office. “Cuz she’s got a fine temper.”

“Tell me about it.” Booth replied, settling behind his desk and sipped his coffee carefully. “And now I have to fix it. Whisk her away, huh? I could do that, although I don’t know why I’m still listening to advice from a nitwit like you.”

“I’m gonna let that one slide since you obviously have had a rough mornin’.” Travis commented, rising from the chair. “Listen Seeley, just don’t sneak up behind her and you should be able to keep all your appendages in tact.” Travis was unable to keep from laughing again as he ducked out the door.

Booth just glared at Travis as he left, refraining from throwing one of his tennis balls at his back. That would come later, right now, he needed a plan.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

“Bren, are you okay?” Angela said, poking her head into Brennan’s office, where the anthropologist had been hiding all morning.

“Yeah, I’m fine Ange, why do you ask?”

“It’s just, you seem a little off today and…wow, that’s a big bump you have on your forehead, what happened?”

“Nothing, Ange. I’d rather not talk about it.” She jerked her head out of Angela’s reach.

“Come on. Something’s bothering you and there’s definitely a story to go with that bruise. Spill.” Angela said, sitting on the couch and patting the seat beside her.

“Fine.” Brennan sighed, reluctantly dropping into the seat next to her. “Booth tried to surprise me in the shower today.”

“Oooh, did you two go at it against the shower walls and that’s why you have a big bruise?”

“No, Angela, it wasn’t anything like that. I was surprised so I sort of….well I hit him.”

“Hit him? I’m guessing you don’t mean in the ‘spanking’ sense.”

“No. On the nose. It’s not broken or anything although he did bleed for a few minutes. I got out of the shower and went into the bedroom, but ended up tripping on the clothes he left by the door and I smacked my head on the floor.”

“Wow.” Angela winced, taking a closer look at the rather prominent bump on Brennan’s forehead. “You two really like the adventure.”

“I don’t know what’s wrong with him.” Brennan said, crossing her arms.

Angela was silent for a moment. “You know Bren, maybe he was trying to be spontaneous.”

“Spontaneous? He said that too…why would he do that?” Brennan shifted I her seat, that word had been showing up in her life far too often for her liking.

“Well, because you two have been in this little rut lately. Maybe he’s just trying to mix up your routine.” Angela saw the look of distaste on Brennan’s face. “It’s a good thing, you know.”

“I like my routine, remember? We already talked about this. ”

Angela sighed. “I know we talked about this, but apparently you didn’t listen. Doing the same thing all the time will get boring. You need to be a little spontaneous. Loosen up. And might I add, let him do things for you.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean you, Brennan, you won’t let Booth do nice things for you. You’ve vetoed flowers and chocolate, and when was the last time the two of you were on an actual date?”

“We live together, why would I have to date him?”

“Because its what couples do.” Angela said pointedly.

“Look, Ange, I tried your suggestion already. Clearly it’s not working.”

“And that suggestion would be?”

“The sex thing.” Brennan replied. “We’ve had sex several times this week and while Booth is a skilled and adept lover, it hasn’t helped anything.”

“What about the other part of my suggestion?” Angela asked. “You know, the talking part?”

“Well, I…we haven’t had time.”

“So you’ve had time for sex but not for talking. C’mon sweetie.” Angela rebuked, nudging her lightly in the shoulder. “Sex doesn’t solve problems, talking does. You should really sit him down and talk to him about this. And try this spontaneous thing. It could be fun.”

“What could be fun?” Booth asked, striding into the office.

“Nothing.” Angela said secretively, getting up and moving towards the door. “Just girl stuff. Think about what I said Brennan.”

She rolled her eyes and then turned her attention to Booth.

“I was wondering if you’d be up for some lunch.”

“Oh, well…” she said, glancing down at her watch. “I suppose I could do that.”

He smiled. “Great, let’s go, I’m starving.”

They walked out of the Jeffersonian, his hand on her back as usual.

“So, the diner?” she asked.

“Actually, I have a better place in mind.” He said, still smiling.

They got in the car and were soon on their way. It wasn’t until about 15 minutes had past that Brennan realized they were driving out of the city.

“Booth, where are we going?”

“I thought we could go for a picnic.” He replied. “You know, good food, some sunshine…”

“I don’t have time for a picnic, I have work to do.”

“Oh come on, you can take a few hours off.” He cajoled.

“A few hours !?! What do you mean a few hours? Booth, stop the car.” She said suddenly.

Sighing loudly, he pulled over to the side of the road.

“What are you doing? You’ve been acting strange all day.” She said, sounding at the end of her patience.

“I haven’t been…” He started, and then realized that he probably had. “Look, I just thought we could use the break. We’ve both been working really hard. There aren’t any new cases, so we don’t have to worry about that…”

“I have other work to do, you know that right? I don’t just work for the FBI, I’m actually an employee of the Jeffersonian.” She snapped.

“Yes, Temperance, I know that. I was just trying to be a little…”

“A little what? Spontaneous?” she said, waving her hands around. “Booth this is more than a little. I don’t have time for this. Why didn’t you check with me first?”

“That sort of defeats the purpose Bones.” He .

“Are you not happy?” she blurted out.

“What, Bones, of course I’m happy.” He protested.

“Then why are you trying to change things?” she asked. “I don’t like change.”

“I know you don’t. Look, let’s forget it, I’ll take you back to work.”

She saw a slight dejected look on his face and regretted having put it there. “Booth, I didn’t mean…”

“It’s okay, Bones. I said forget it.”

The drove back to the lab in silence. When he pulled up in front, they quietly said goodbye and she got out of the car. There was a time, she remembered, when they would kiss passionately whenever he dropped her off, barely wanting to let go of each other. She felt a sinking feeling in her stomach. Maybe she should have forgotten work for a while and gone with him. He pulled away from the curb before she could even convince herself to suggest it, so she sighed and made her way into the Jeffersonian.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

She made a conscious effort to be home on time, after the disaster that was today. She had to deal with Angela questioning her all afternoon about what happened, so much so that she practically barricaded herself in her office.

Turning the key in the lock, she opened the door to find Booth sitting on the couch. It seemed unusual, because the television wasn’t on and he wasn’t reading either. With the sinking feeling even more prominent now than before, she slowly approached him.

“Hi.” She said quietly, putting down her bag and purse and heading towards the couch.

“Hi.” He replied, watching her sink down next to him. “Listen, Temperance, we need to talk.”
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:08 pm

wow.........the flu must have gotten to your brain......this was kinda funny........him getting a bloody nose and her tripping...oh yes.......i could just see that.......roflmao......nniiice job willi........but then he tries to do something nice.......and of course you wont let it happen.......they dont even kiss each other when he drops her off.......see i told you there wouldnt be any fluff.......oh the end......we need to talk.......and now its harts turn to write a chap......well.......goodbye to the happy couple....they wont be in the same living quarters for long..i already know that.......i love travis and angela.......maybe they could stage some kind of intervention with the two.......but that wont happen until they have been through the ringer a couple of times......maybe they will be dating other people by the time you guys get through with them.......i am sensing dread coming soon.......but of course....cant stop reading.....why are you two so damn good at this........brilliant once again.......and i have my helmet strapped on even tighter for the next chap.......again...you guys rock.........
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:09 pm

Dunh dunh dunnnnnn......
OK, now you've done it... you've officially started to worry me... and it's only the second chapter... and it's all Willi's fault! JK
Seriously, yeah, the first part was hilarious with the shower thing... LMAO! But these two so need to talk this out... can't wait to see how much anguish you put them through, not that I especially enjoy that sort of thing, but there is still a glimmer of hope in me that the dischord will lead to some comfort and a wonderfully, joyful and fluffy resolution... please?!?

space
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:13 pm

okay you two...that was fantastic....i was thrilled beyond words to hear that wink productions is back in business...dusted off the econo-size box of kleenex and buckled the seatbelt for the rollercoaster ride I knew had to be coming...and then opened to read...expecting a huge angst cloud to descend...and what do I find...hilarity...not only this wonderful girl talk..but guy talk too....and the two of them trying to coexist...was roflmao...fan-freaking-tastic...you rocked the socks with those chappies....

...but know that I'm holding on tight to the kleenex...and the helmet....cause the Princesses Angstia and Tormentia are there aren't they...lurking in the shadows waiting to pounce on us....no way are the two of you gonna stay away from the angst... this is how you do it...lure us in with the light and fluffy and the BAM...not that i don't understand how addicting the angst can be...but just pretty please with little chocolate booths on top...be gentle with your loyal devoted readers....

*sighs and shakes head*

that's not gonna happen is it?

AnaG
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:14 pm

okay...review...what to write...what to write...

first off...im scared as hell to see where this is going. i mean the first half of this chapter had me laughing and grinning like an idiot. trying to surprise your girlfriend in the shower but instead getting a bloody nose...pretty funny. the second half however left me a little sad. booth tried to do something romantic but was turned down...my heart broke for the guy.

but really im concerned where this is going. should i stock up on a year supply of tissues? should i make sure to have a crash cart next to me at all times? should i consider employing a hospital staff in my house? lets face it...the only one i can afford is tissues and even then i dont want to make that kind of investment. be gentle with us...cant you see the handle with care labels stamped across out foreheads ? Wink

well ladies...great job so far. i do love the guy/girl talk and the not so fluffy but comedic approach you've taken this so far Smile

gimmeagun
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:15 pm

alrighty, here i am again... *not* phoning in a review Wink

great contrast in this chapter! the comedy at the beginning is great.. HA, bleeding nose, then brennan tripping. "Booth what are your clothes doing here? Why would you leave them in the middle of the floor?” well duh! ha ha ha... and i can easily imagine that brennan would have her clothes neatly put away while she was showering, while booth is a "drop 'em where you stand" kind of guy. great imagery!

so the contrast... instead of laughing at how completely absurd the situation is, brennan gets mad and doesn't understand. i had a feeling that she was almost trying not to understand what he was doing... which is frustrating for me (your reader), but frustrating in a good way!

oh and THANK YOU ANGELA for pointing out that sex doesn't solve problems!

so willi, the part where brennan freaks out about the picnic and says that booth should have asked first because she had work to do... you know that sounds familiar, right? think back to october and the damage control that you did for me - - - because i hate surprises....

ahem Smile

anyway. another excellent chapter! now, write the next one!

ehbee
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:15 pm

oh, this is soooo great!! love it!

cheesebk
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:16 pm

ack....more soon

dbangelfan
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:17 pm

i'm becoming increasingly disturbed how brennan is backtracking and resorting to not compromising and not understanding booth.

jerseybones
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:17 pm

ok so my review, while honest, wasn't very positive and supporting, and I would like to amend that part now. You (both of you) should know (from all of your fans) that the writing is stellar, with good dialogue, progression of events and visual components that allow the reader to "see" the story. The overall construction is well thought out and paced appropriately so the reader can enjoy the ride fully.

ok so that was the analytical review and the first one was strictly emotional.

jerseybones
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:18 pm

I can't believe I'm so far behind. Anyway, review for the first chapter:

Loved it, loved it, loved it! This line was my favorite, hands down: >>“First, you don’t kill him. I mean, he’s a cop, so you would definitely go down for it, and he’s just too damn sexy for me to ever forgive you if you did.” <<

Awesome job! Now I'm off to read the next chapter.

redrider6612
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:24 pm

Willi, great job! Love how you portrayed the shower scene--it made me laugh out loud! You two are really rockin' this fic! And you guys have totally nailed how little things can drive you nuts when you're learning to live with someone. No matter how much you love them, I guarantee you'll get irritated by at least a dozen things. I'm looking forward to the talk.

redrider
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:25 pm

i love how the older members of the boneyard are all like.....okay..got my box of tissues and helmet strapped on...waiting for the big bam of heartbreak to come down and hit us like a freaking sledge hammer........lol........how funny i love it.........ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you are so leading us........baiting us........until we get too close.....and then..............we get caught in a huge bear trap of angst and heartbreak.........well you cant hurt me........i have my armor on.....ready for you two.........ha.......bring it on cruella twins......angst princesses..........
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:25 pm

Ok...started reading this downstairs and too many good lines to remember...I'll have to start taking a pen for notes...jeesh...

1. lmao at the bloody nose and her fall...hilarious...
2. Although be careful about how you whisk! You might end up with a broken leg! - OMG so funny..
3. Listen Seeley, just don't sneak up behind her and you should be able to keep all your appendages in tact. - dying here
4. Oooh, did you two go at it against the shower walls - wow, my mind ran with that scene for a moment...hahaha
5. I guess you don't mean in the 'spanking' sense....lol

OMG and the last line....damn....scared and nervous here...

Loved it all...a beaut...

hugs
fab
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:26 pm

[g]Hart: Well, Willie, we're at it again.
willgirl4: YEA!
Hart: Well, I'm glad to see your enthusiasm on the subject. I too, am so freakin stoked!
willgirl4: The word stoked makes me laugh!
willgirl4: But yea I'm excited too
Hart: what's wrong with the word stoked? I am stoked.
willgirl4: Can we tell them what happens with the big explosion?
Hart: Willie!! Shhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! makes zipped lip motion
willgirl4: Ummm...I mean...there's no explosion... and definately no angst...Willi looks wide-eyed and innocentHart: hart rolls eyes and turns to address readers Pay no attention to the girl behind the login...just read the chap! Enjoy![/g]
For some reason, as was often the case with the pair, the talking had not lasted long. It had begun well enough in a controlled, well thought out, very un-Booth and Brennan-like volley back and forth of complaints and rationalizations. They didn’t interrupt, didn’t raise their voices, didn’t even roll their eyes at one another for the better part of ten minutes. But the tension, not finding a relief with these usual outlets, began to build, and with it, came hostility. Then all it took was one well-timed sarcastic comment and an annoyed sigh for everything to go to hell.

“You are the most infuriating, stubborn, pain-in-the-ass, condescending, irrational woman I’ve ever met!” Booth thrust his finger toward her, one hand on his hip as they paced opposite sides of the coffee table.

Brennan’s jaw dropped. “And you’re the most pompous, pig-headed, overbearing, inconsiderate, un-evolved man I’ve ever met!”

“Well I’m sorry life with me has been such hell for you.”

“And I’m sorry I speak in sentences with more than two syllable words since that makes it hard for you to understand. Of course, except when it involves strange mythical teachings about an all-powerful super being or the existence of an imaginary fat man who brings children presents. What are you going to tell Parker when he discovers you’ve been lying to him for his entire life?”

“Hey, at least I care enough to lie to him, we all know it would kill you to show a little compassion once in a while so why don’t you just bite me, huh?” Booth shook his head, gritting his teeth hard as his temper flared and burned his blood.

“I’d rather hit you.” Brennan retorted quickly, fully swept away by a rather hot temper of her own.

“Yeah, well, that makes two of us!”

“Then why don’t you do it? Hit me Booth.” Brennan challenged, jutting out her chin.

“Oh, you’d like that wouldn’t you? Then you’d have proof that I’m just one more brainless male looking to assert my dominance just like you always said I was.”

“What the hell are you talking about? I could incapacitate you in three seconds flat, just take a shot at me and I’ll show you.” She raised her voice, more irritated at his sudden silence than his counterarguments. “You would do it if I was a man.”

“If you were a man we wouldn’t be having this conversation.” Booth muttered.

“That’s because two men can’t hold a conversation for more than two minutes without it turning into a grunting match and an alcohol-induced brawl over whose penis is longer.” Brennan crossed her arms defiantly.

“Why don’t you just go menstruate?” Booth snapped, momentarily stunned that he’d managed to come up with the word on the fly like that. Brennan, however, didn’t miss a beat.

“Why don’t you go masturbate to a Playboy, because that the only “action” your going to see for quite some time.”

“Oh, oh sure. How’d I know that was coming?” He threw his hands into the air and turned, stalking off to the bedroom.

Brennan was right behind. “What? How’d you know what was coming?”

“Nothing, Temperance. I just always knew you were more fond of dead people bones than a real live boner. Nothing a man can do for you that you can’t do for yourself, right?”

“No, nothing you can’t do for me that I can’t do for myself. And no one said anything about you being the man.”

He pursed his lips as they twisted into a bitter smile, shaking his head and moving to his own side of the bed. “Wouldn’t want to make that assumption would we?”

“What are you doing?”

“Going to bed Bones, contrary to popular opinion, we cavemen do prefer soft mattresses to hard rocks every once in a while.” He huffed, pulling off his pants and shirt.

“No, you’re taking the couch.” Brennan responded vehemently.

“Like hell I am. This bed is just as much mine as it is yours.” He flopped down onto it to illustrate his point, turning to his side and facing the wall. “Either deal with it or feel free to make yourself comfortable on the couch. I’m sure you and Mr. Lay-Z-Boy will be very happy together since he doesn’t have a mouth or a penis.”

Brennan pursed her lips, about to respond when she realized it was probably pointless and, while she still felt she could take him in a fight, she didn’t really want to try it right then.

“Fine.” She yanked off her clothes, glaring a hole into his back the whole time. She dropped down onto the bed, clicked off the lamp and jerked the covers up to her chin, turning to face the window, trying to pull as much covers away from his side of the bed as she could. It was a long time before either slept, determined not to touch the whole night through.

---

Booth woke earlier than normal the next morning; fights with Bones usually did that to him. She was still in the shower, but wouldn’t be there for long. He knew part of her precious routine was to be out of the shower and getting dressed by 6:35. He rolled out of the bed and rubbed his eyes before deciding to get ready himself, using the spare bathroom down the hall.

He was knotting his tie when she emerged from the bathroom, a little startled to see he was already up and dressed, but didn’t comment.

They didn’t speak at all at first and studiously avoided one another’s eyes, refusing even to touch if their routines required that they cross paths in the bedroom they shared. After he put on his socks and shoes she saw him slip quietly from the room and noticedthat it was barely seven. Quirking an eyebrow, she followed him to the kitchen, half dressed in only a pink lace bra and black dress pants.

“Do you have an early meeting or something?” She asked, knowing her tone was more demanding than it really needed to be.

“Nope.” Was his simple answer as he fixed his coffee, apparently not caring to divulge his reason for his hasty pace. He could tell by her tone that she had her hands on her hips and turned around to see if he was right. When he looked at her for the first time that morning, he was hardly surprised to see not only her hands on her hips, but that she’d chosen to wear his favorite bra the day after she swore he wasn’t going to be allowed to touch her for quite some time.

His apathetic expression put her more on the defensive than a snappy retort most likely would have and she crossed her arms stiffly, her frown deepening.

Booth saw her breasts being pushed up and together until they were nearly overflowing from that damn bra and he was convinced she was doing it just to torture him. Finding the mix of boiling anger and intense arousal flowing freely through both his heads a bit disturbing, he broke eye contact to pick up his coffee cup. He pushed his gun into his holster, shoved his badge into his waistband and picked up his suit jacket, all while being fully aware of her watchful blue eyes following his every move.

“Coffee’s ready if you want some.” His voice fell flat and hard against her ears as the front door shut behind him. She held her defensive stance for a moment longer and then sighed, dropping her arms to her sides. She was aware of the anger thinly veiling the hurt she felt as she realized this was the first time he’d left for work in the morning without a ‘goodbye’ kiss. Even as she did she felt silly for feeling that way, but couldn’t seem to quell it.

With a deep breath, she threw back her shoulders and marched back to the bedroom to finish getting ready. If nothing else, she would use this pent up anger to fuel her in what would undoubtedly be a productive but very long day.

Booth stood outside the apartment door for five minutes, arguing with himself about whether or not to go back in. The rational part of him told him he didn’t want to go to work for the first time without a ‘goodbye’ kiss, and he didn’t want to leave home angry. But the emotional part of him said he was still upset, and wasn’t quite ready to forgive her or himself for the things said the night before.

In the end, the emotional side won out, and he left the building, heart heavy, head hung low.

Remember, Willie and I love you guys, so if you love us too, drop us a line! (even a very short, one word, emoticon line...) :-)
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next