Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hypothermic - B&B (w/some Ang) - Flangst - M – By Meegs Posted 17/12/2007 01:16:26 AM

+2
ForensicMama
Turi ray of sunshine
6 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Hypothermic - B&B (w/some Ang) - Flangst - M – By Meegs Posted 17/12/2007 01:16:26 AM - Page 2 Empty Re: Hypothermic - B&B (w/some Ang) - Flangst - M – By Meegs Posted 17/12/2007 01:16:26 AM

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:38 am

Meegs82

Posted 21/12/2007 00:51:15 AM

You crack me up, fan! Hey, I'd love to do it full time...work for the show, you say? Sounds spectacular! Of course, if I did work for the show, I'd have to be striking right now. So...bah! Nevermind!
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 39283
Say What You Want : Just another cashew in a town of mixed nuts
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Hypothermic - B&B (w/some Ang) - Flangst - M – By Meegs Posted 17/12/2007 01:16:26 AM - Page 2 Empty Re: Hypothermic - B&B (w/some Ang) - Flangst - M – By Meegs Posted 17/12/2007 01:16:26 AM

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:38 am

ashangel45-boothsbaby07

Posted 21/12/2007 01:18:39 AM

OMG!!! this is so amazing meegs.....wonderful...i love it when bones gets to rescue booth...sleeping bag, what a wonderful idea..lol....you heard angela, slap her already!! haha...cant wait for more!
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:39 am

CheeseBK

Posted 21/12/2007 03:08:15 AM

oh, this was great, just absoluteley great
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Posted 21/12/2007 10:54:05 PM

Y'all rock! Here is your next little treat!
CHAPTER 6

“Thanks for picking me up, Bones,” Booth said as he slid into the passenger seat of his SUV.

“Of course,” Brennan replied. “Oh, I wanted to let you know that they caught Johansson,” she added.

“Dammit! I should have been the one to get the bastard,” Booth exclaimed, clearly distraught.

“I thought you’d be relieved. He’s behind bars and he’s probably going away for life,” Brennan replied as she pulled out of the hospital parking lot.

“Yeah, I am. Just wanted to get him myself, that’s all. Instead, I nearly froze to death and I have 10 stitches in my head,” Booth replied, sub-consciously touching the back of his head.

Brennan glanced over at him as if to check and make sure he still really didn’t remember anything.

“So, are you hungry? Did you eat anything?” Brennan asked, glancing back at the road.

“Starving. Hospital food is not my idea of a meal. They didn’t have pudding! What hospital doesn’t give you pudding?” Booth replied, nearly whining.

Brennan chuckled.

“I’m guessing you didn’t eat all day,” Booth said.

“What makes you think that?” Brennan inquired.

“You never eat when you’re worried,” Booth replied.

“What makes you think I was worried?” Brennan replied, a little defensively.

“Oh, I don’t know…my near-death experience perhaps,” Booth replied, making severe facial expressions as he spoke.

“I wasn’t…worried. I knew you’d be fine,” Brennan responded, a catch in her voice as she glanced sideways at him.

“Then why’d you take me to the hospital?” Booth asked.

“Just in case there were…other complications from…just because!” Brennan sputtered.

“You were worried about me,” Booth stated, smirking and pointing his finger at her.

“I…was not! I monitored you through the night and when you got to the hospital, I knew your vitals were stable and that you would be perfectly fine,” Brennan replied, grasping onto the wheel tightly.

“Then why didn’t you eat today?” Booth prodded.

“I never said I didn’t eat! YOU said that!” Brennan exclaimed.

Booth paused for a moment as the next words formed in his brain. He smiled before he spoke.

“Maybe you were just PRETENDING that you weren’t worried,” Booth suggested, emphasizing the key word of the sentence.

Brennan’s eyes widened and her grip tightened around the wheel. Her brow furrowed and her jaw clenched, but she kept herself from looking at him.

“I-I wasn’t…pretending anything,” she replied, a little shakily. *Does he remember?* she thought.

“Okay, Bones. Whatever you say,” Booth conceded, smiling at her and acting as though nothing had happened.

Perhaps it was just a slip of the tongue. *Bad metaphor, Temperance* she thought, closing her eyes for a moment as the memories of the previous night flooded her head.

“Do you want to get some food or do you want to go home?” Brennan asked, bringing the conversation back to the point at hand.

“Why don’t we go home…and then get food,” Booth replied, smiling playfully at her.

Brennan’s brow furrowed. “How would we do that? And…what ‘home’?” Brennan asked, confused.

“Well, either your home or my home and we order delivery. I could go for some Mee Krob and Kung Pao Chicken right about now,” Booth replied, glancing at her for a reaction.

Brennan’s jaw clenched again. She didn’t know if she could be alone with him right now. It was all still too awkward. *Feel. Angela told you to feel.* she thought.

Brennan sighed. “Okay, fine. We should go to your apartment though, so I can just leave when we’re done with dinner,” Brennan replied, giving in at least partially to her “feelings.”

“Great, so when do I get my car back?” Booth asked, mocking annoyance.

“I’ll pick you up in the morning and take you to the Jeffersonian and you can have it then,” Brennan replied.

“Yeah, okay,” Booth replied as he pulled his cell phone out of his pocket. “So, what do you want from Wong Foo’s? The regular?” he asked, flashing a half charm smile.

She looked back over at him and smiled. “Sure. Sounds good,” she replied, convinced that he truly didn’t remember anything and that the “pretending” comment had been a coincidence.
I hope my fans are happy! Smile
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

phoebsfan

Posted 21/12/2007 11:05:40 PM

you do understand that we will never be completely satisfied until we read the whole thing right? That said however, THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE!! LOVED IT!
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:43 am

SquirtandMilo

Posted 21/12/2007 11:29:04 PM

Loved it! Update soon. Please?
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:44 am

A2BOREANAZ

Posted 22/12/2007 00:22:35 AM

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is absolutely wonderful woman.....cant wait for more.......you so rock m-dawg........woot woot...m-dawg in the houuuuuus

booth and brennan
keep each other warm
oh how the ladies of the ihbfc
would swarm

to keep their agent alive
and bring him back to life
knowing in reality he is married
to a very beautiful wife

but that means nothing
cause its all just a dream
but we still can fantasize
that he would make us scream....
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:44 am

ashangel45-boothsbaby07

Posted 22/12/2007 00:23:18 AM

yes yes....what everyone else said....LOVED IT! more? hehe
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:45 am

fanofbones

Posted 22/12/2007 00:26:54 AM

I'm very happy at this precise moment...
loved the chapter...loved their banter...
and he is adorable...you write Booth nicely..

OK the happiness has passed and I am now waiting for the next glorious chapter from you...you really make all of us very happy...
could you work in alittle smut or implied smut for the next one.....

thanks sweetie

fab
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:45 am

Posted 22/12/2007 00:44:07 AM

You all are my girls! THANK YOU!!! Oh, I think you all will be happy by the time this lil fic is over...and since you are all so sweet and wonderful, I will grace you with another chapter! ENJOY!!!
CHAPTER 7

7 traditional Asian takeout cartons littered the coffee table. Booth was leaning back into the sofa, attempting to evade Brennan’s arm as she swiped at him.

“Can I see it, Booth?” she whined.

“Uh-uh. I wanna read it to you,” Booth replied as he jerked his arm away.

“You laughed. Why did you laugh?” Brennan asked, giving up the pursuit for a moment.

“You’ll see,” Booth replied as he cautiously lowered his arm.

Brennan pursed her lips and then suddenly lurched forward, missing his hand yet again.

Booth laughed. “Will you just let me read it?” he asked, still chuckling.

Brennan rolled her eyes, but dropped her arm in defeat. “Fine.”

Booth smiled as he opened the small piece of paper. “Ready?” he teased, a child-like smile on his face.

Brennan glared at him. “Yes,” she replied, her eyes widening in a defiant stare.

Booth glanced at her one more time before beginning to read, “You show your many talents through your outlandish opinions and confident logic,” Booth read, looking to Brennan when he was finished.

“It does NOT say that!” Brennan exclaimed, clawing at his hand and succeeding in grabbing the paper.

Booth watched as her eyes flew across the paper and he couldn’t help but laugh. Brennan’s expression changed to one of disbelief with a hint of embarrassment. She threw the fortune on the table as her eyes darted around.

Booth was still snickering. He could see that she was embarrassed, but he prodded nonetheless. “Aw, come on, Bones. It’s a fortune cookie. Surely you, a rational, empirical, and LOGICAL scientist don’t believe in fortune cookies,” Booth said as he leaned forward to get a better look at her face.

Brennan rolled her eyes and clenched her jaw as she turned her gaze on Booth.

“That’s not nice,” she informed him, her eyes wide in her typical Brennan glare.

“Aw, Bones, don’t get all worked up. Look, it says ‘confident’…and that’s a good thing,” Booth replied as he took the piece of paper and attempted to show it to Brennan, all the while snickering.

Brennan placed her elbows on her knees and clasped her hands together as she widened her eyes even more, her right eyebrow rising ever so slightly.

“You’re mean,” she replied, her eyes glancing away.

Booth looked at her and within a few moments, he stopped snickering and his face grew gentle.

“Lighten up, Bones. It was supposed to be a joke,” Booth said as he smiled, leaning in closer so Brennan would have to meet his gaze.

Brennan looked to him and noticed a mischievous grin on his face and a gleam in his eye. Her brow furrowed.

“What do you mean, ‘a joke?’” she asked, skeptical now.

“A joke…you know, a statement that is communicated from one person to another with the intent of being…humorous,” Booth explained, his face contorting into severe facial expressions.

“Can you quit with the sarcasm?” Brennan requested. “Your facial expression and your explanation suggest that you knew about the ‘joke’ ahead of time,” she added.

Booth smiled smugly at her.

Brennan watched him and grew annoyed that he wasn’t responding. That gleam returned to his eye and she knew he had planned this.

“What did you do? How do you fake a fortune cookie?” she inquired.

“Oh, Sid has this fun machine that lets you print anything you want,” Booth replied, his smile softening.

Brennan rolled her eyes again. “I’m glad you could have fun at my expense,” she replied, grabbing hold of the piece of paper and reading it again.

“Why thank you,” he replied, his eyes still gleaming. “But seriously, Bones, it was just supposed to be a joke. Funny ha-ha? You know?” Booth added, scooching down and elbowing Brennan in the ribs.

She flinched at his touch and turned to meet his eyes again. Her lips parted into a smile.

“Yeah, okay. It was funny, Booth,” she reassured him as she smiled, shaking her head as she leaned back into the couch and closed her eyes.

When she opened her eyes after 5 or 6 seconds, she was surprised to see him staring at her.

“What?” she asked.

“Nothing. I was just thinking,” he replied, leaving it open-ended on purpose.

“About what?” she inquired, truly curious.

“I don’t know…last night, I guess,” Booth replied, pausing as he waited for her reaction.

Brennan glanced away and froze, an awkward expression forming on her face.

“Oh…really? Well, it’s over now, so…” Brennan spoke as she stood and bent to the table, gathering a couple of the cartons of food.

“Bones,” Booth said softly as he reached for her arm.

She stopped at his touch and set the cartons down, standing upright and pushing the hair out of her face.

“Yes, Booth?” Brennan said as she sighed and closed her eyes momentarily. She couldn’t look at him.

He regarded her for a moment before speaking. “Thank you,” he said, staring at her intently, willing her to look at him.

After another few seconds, she did. “For what?” she asked, mocking confusion.

He gazed up at her, a soft smile on his face. “Saving my life,” he said, simply, his gaze unwavering.

“Oh…well, I did what was necessary to-“

“Thank you, Temperance,” Booth said, his face soft.

She couldn’t help but look down into his eyes. She almost felt drawn to them…to him. She stood staring at him and he gazed back. His eyes were so warm and she didn’t want to look away. She found herself falling into his gaze and she desperately wanted to kiss him. She wanted to feel his lips again and this time, they would be warm. But she refrained from doing so and brought herself back to reality and rationale. She folded her arms and felt tears behind her eyes.

“You’re welcome, Booth,” she responded, glancing away finally as a tear threatened to escape. She broke his grasp on her arm as she picked up 2 of the cartons.

“You don’t have to clean, Bones,” he told her, hoping that she would just stop and sit with him.

“Okay, well then, I should probably…get going. Pick you up around 7:30?” Brennan replied, stepping away from the couch and grabbing her coat.

Booth’s spirit was broken. He had hoped she would at least stay for a little while. He had been too intense and he had given her a way out…she could leave. He was upset, but he knew he still had some time and he would make sure she couldn’t leave the next time.

“Uh…yeah, sure. That’s fine,” Booth replied, rising from the couch.

“Okay. Good night, Booth. Thanks for dinner,” Brennan said, glancing quickly in his direction as she reached the door.

“Yeah, g’night Bones,” Booth replied as he closed the door behind her.

*Tomorrow* he thought and he smiled his way to the table to clean up.
You like? M-dawg loves to see reviews! Smile
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:48 am

phoebsfan

Posted 22/12/2007 04:13:11 AM

right on. I decided to swing by and read some fic and what do I see... another update so soon. I love you for that. Thank you.

The fortune cookie thing was cute...

(in bed)Wonder if Brennan knows that game... hehehehehe.
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:53 am

nane

Posted 22/12/2007 10:59:31 AM

You are a busy girl, keeping us busy with reading your lovely story.

Ok, enough small talk

I NEED MORE!!! SOON!!!
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:53 am

TemperTemper

Posted 22/12/2007 01:34:35 PM

*waves* Still loving this! Loved the cookie. More more!
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:54 am

SquirtandMilo

Posted 22/12/2007 09:29:21 PM

Busy little bumble bee. This is brilliant, keep on writing.
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:54 am

piratesmiley

Posted 23/12/2007 02:36:15 PM

*EEP!* Update on the quick side, your wonderful-ness, I need some lovely fluff!!!
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:56 am

BoothnBones9

Posted 23/12/2007 05:36:34 PM

Mwee hee! Tomorrow is gonna be the bomb!!
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

magicstar

Posted 23/12/2007 07:15:45 PM

this fic is amazing... the fortune cookie was so cute. you updated so quickly did you take fabs advice and give up work , not that im complaining...keep going, this is great!!
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

fanofbones

Posted 23/12/2007 09:50:31 PM

Uh....M-Dawg? You little vixen.....
that was just a tease....you....you....teaser....
Cookies were cute....him putting her on the spot again was cute....but I want real fluff/smut....
hugs sweetie.....must simply have more...
I know....I'll hold my breathe....no....I'm brilliant.....
LET'S MOB HER..........
quick....everyone get your torches and your 7-day old tuna casseroles and the crazy rat snakes and flying monkeys....
***FAB CHANTING.....WE NEED A CHAPTER...WE NEED A CHAPTER...WE NEED A CHAPTER****

but no pressure........
hugs
fab
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:57 am

willgirl

Posted 24/12/2007 00:54:27 AM

Meegs! I just got caught up on this whole story. It's cute! I love it! Despite my angsty soul, I do have a soft spot for the fluff.

I can't wait to find out what happens next! Excellent job!
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:57 am

Posted 24/12/2007 02:17:33 AM

No MOB yet! I am here with my next 2, THAT'S RIGHT I SAID 2, chapters. Well, 1 was really short, so I combined them into 1. I will have more tomorrow, I promise! You all are the best reviewers EVER, btw! And while there may not be smutterfluff in this chap...it just keeps you hanging on for more, right? Smile Heehee. Here ya go:
CHAPTER 8

“Good morning, Bones,” Booth said cheerily as he got into the passenger seat and handed her a paper cup of coffee.

Brennan took the cup and smiled. “Thanks, Booth,” she said, indicating the coffee.

“I thought you could use a little warming up. It’s freezing out here and…ooohhh,” Booth said as he squinted his eyes at her, leaning in to get a closer look at something on her face.

Brennan’s brow furrowed and she tilted her head backwards as his face came closer.

“What?” she asked, thoroughly confused.

“Your lips look cold. Here…drink,” he replied as he lifted her hand and the cup to her mouth.

She took a sip as she attempted to comprehend what Booth had just said and why. Her lips looked cold? What? She lowered the cup after another moment.

“I’m…fine. How can my lips ‘look’ cold? Are they blue?” Brennan asked, a hint of sarcasm in her voice.

“Just an observation. Thought they might need to, you know…rewarm. Hence, the coffee,” Booth replied, turning from her and buckling his seatbelt.

Brennan’s face turned quickly to a bright shade of red and she froze, her eyes fixated on Booth’s profile as he wasn’t looking at her. He wore a faint smile that Brennan couldn’t quite figure out. *Rewarm. Does he…no, he said he didn’t* she thought to herself.

“Okay then,” she replied as she put the car into drive and pulled onto the street.

Booth simply sat and smiled, thinking of all he had in store.
“It’s snowing!” Angela belted as she strode into Brennan’s office around 1 o’clock that afternoon.

Brennan looked up from her computer.

“Really? I didn’t think it was cold enough to snow,” Brennan replied.

“It’s dropped like 10 degrees in the past hour. There’s a blizzard brewing,” Angela said as she leaned against Brennan’s desk. “It’s absolutely gorgeous outside. It’s like THE perfect snow. So romantic,” Angela continued to rant as she beamed.

Brennan wrinkled her brow.

“Why are you so…cheery?” she inquired of her best friend.

“What? A girl can’t be joyful just because?” Angela asked, the goofy grin still plastered to her face.

Brennan continued to gaze at her, her curiosity peaked.

“Alright, fine. Hodgins and I just did it on Cleopatra’s bed. I’m high as a kite,” Angela spit out as she radiated warmth and sensuality.

“You know those are priceless artifacts-“

“Oh, spare me your speech. You want to go get a bite to eat?” Angela asked.

Brennan held up an organic granola bar.

“That does not count as food. Let’s go to the diner, come on,” Angela said as she vacated her spot against Brennan’s desk and moved to get Brennan up and out of her chair.

“Ang, I’m not hungry. And if you think that I am going to give you any more details about being naked with Booth, you’re wrong,” Brennan replied. “And I have already told you that I haven’t ‘felt’ anything,” she added when Angela opened her mouth to protest.

Angela’s smile turned to a frown and she pursed her lips.

“You are a piece of work…do you know that? Of course, I wouldn’t love you if you weren’t. Will you just go with me to eat? I want to have girl time with my best friend,” Angela said, sincerely.

Brennan eyed her, looking for any hint of a hidden agenda. She didn’t see one.

“Fine. But only if you promise to not talk about Booth,” Brennan replied, her eyes piercing.

“Yes, yes. I promise,” Angela said as she rolled her eyes and took hold of Brennan’s arm, lifting her out of her chair. “Grab your coat, it’s-“

“It is a winter wonderland out there!” Booth exclaimed as he strutted into Brennan’s office, brushing his gloved hands together.

Angela’s face lit up as she had not seen the two partners together since the hypothermic incident. Her day was just getting better and better.

“Hey, Booth. We were just heading out to get some lunch. Care to join us?” Angela asked, her eyes wide with mischief.

“I thought you wanted to have girl time,” Brennan inquired, a whine in her voice as she attempted to edge Booth out of the equation while also wanting girl time herself.

“Is anyone going to ask why I’m here?” Booth asked.

“Do we have a case?” Brennan asked, her interest suddenly rising.

“Nope. Just thought I’d see if you wanted to get lunch,” Booth replied, a glowing smile playing across his face.

“Sounds great. We’ll do girl time later, Bren. So, the diner then?” Angela butted in, beaming and batting her eyelashes.

“Yeah, that’s fine,” Brennan gave in. Both of them seemed so…giddy and she didn’t quite know what to make of it.

“You can see how gorgeous the snow is. It’s like THE perfect snow,” Booth exclaimed as he helped Brennan with her coat.

“That’s exactly what Angela said. It’s just snow, you know. It’s happened before and guess what? It will happen again,” Brennan said slowly, a sarcastic smile on her face.

“You sure know how to ruin a moment, you know that?” Booth informed her as he brushed past her and out of the office, closely behind Angela.

Brennan wrinkled her brow again. “I…do not,” was all she could whine before she picked up the pace and fastwalked to catch up with them.
“How did you fall? Did you just slip?” Angela asked, her ears pricked to hear the answer.

“I was running and didn’t think about it being slippery. It was snowy, so I shoulda thought that there would be ice,” Booth replied as he took a sip of his coffee.

“And where were you when he fell?” Angela asked as she turned her head to Brennan.

Brennan glanced at Booth quickly before looking back at Angela.

“I was probably 10 yards from him. It was really dark and I didn’t see him…fall,” she replied, her eyes darting away from both of theirs as she raised her own coffee mug to her mouth.

“Freaky. And you really don’t remember anything?” Angela asked, a small smile hiding beneath her concerned face.

Brennan glanced immediately over at Booth.

His eyes darted between Brennan and his coffee mug. It took him a few seconds to answer.

“Uh…no, not really,” he replied, taking another sip.

“How is that possible? I mean, you guys were there for over 5 hours and you can’t remember a single thing about the entire night?” Angela inquired, taking her time in speaking the words “single” and “entire.”

Her eyes were dancing playfully and Booth had noticed. While Brennan continued to stare at her coffee mug, Booth looked to Angela and then opened his mouth to speak.

“I do remember something…” he said, his voice trailing off as he waited for Brennan’s reaction.

Her eyes steeled and she looked to him.

“Really? Wh-what might that be?” she asked, attempting normalcy and failing.

“Well, I kinda remember feeling something really soft. You know, like against my skin. I remember it smelling really good, but I-I don’t really know WHAT it was…or wh-“

“Blanket,” Brennan replied quickly. “I…wrapped you in a-a blanket. It probably smelled like the pine from the cabin,” she continued as she rubbed her lips together, tucking her top lip under her bottom.

“No…it wasn’t pine. It was more of a fruity smell,” he replied, furrowing his brow as he pretended to think really hard.

“Had to have been the blanket,” Brennan said, nodding her head as if it would convince Booth.

Angela watched the interaction between the two of them and she mustered everything she could to keep from smiling giddily. This was priceless.

“Do you remember anything else?” Angela prodded.

“He already said that he didn’t,” Brennan cut in.

“I believe she was talking to me,” Booth said to Brennan. “Yeah, yeah. I kinda remember…talking. I was…yeah, I was talking. Something about…I can’t quite…nope, I lost it,” he continued. Then he suddenly realized something. “Hey, wait a second. Did you slap me?” Booth asked Brennan, his brow deeply wrinkled and this time, he was completely serious.

Brennan’s eyes grew wide.

“I-I had to. You needed to get up and get dry, so…I slapped you,” Brennan replied, sighing as she looked for his reaction.

“Thanks,” he replied.

“You’re welcome,” she replied, nodding.

“So…that’s it? Nothing else?” Angela continued, hoping to get at least one more little moment between the two of them.

Booth’s demeanor changed and suddenly, he no longer wanted to mess with her. He had truly not remembered the slapping as it had happened right after the initial trauma. Now he remembered how he had felt…that everything was slipping away and then she had slapped him and quite literally knocked the sense back into him. Angela had said that she needed a smack upside the head and he had needed it then because he had been ready to give up. But she saved him. And that fact came back to his mind and he was eternally grateful all over again.

“No. That’s it,” he replied, looking to Angela and then back to Brennan.

Angela noticed the change and she decided not to push it. Whatever this thing was between them…it was fragile. It had to be handled delicately, now she finally understood. And she had no doubt that Booth knew how to be delicate.

“Well, I need to get back to work. Hodgins has some…stuff for me…Gormagon. Anyway, I’ll see you two later,” Angela sputtered as she hurried out of the diner.

“Sorry if I intruded on your ‘girl time,’” Booth said, making air quotes.

Brennan smiled softly. “It’s okay, Booth. You’re not intruding,” she replied, gazing at him.

He looked into her eyes for a good 8 seconds and he saw what he had seen after they had kissed under the mistletoe…and he wanted to see it again and again. It was a look of contentment that she had and the simple fact that she was content made him happy.

“So, guess I better get back to the bureau…see if there’s anything going on that’s…interesting,” Booth said as he pulled his wallet out.

Brennan placed a hand over his. “My treat. You got dinner last night,” Brennan said as she reached for her own wallet.

Booth paused. “Okay, fine. You win,” he replied.

Brennan left the money and the two of them made their way out into the snowstorm. It had picked up over the 45 minutes they had been in the diner and about 4 inches had accumulated on the streets with huge snowflakes falling rapidly.

Brennan crossed her arms and snuggled into her scarf as Booth shoved his hands into his pockets.

“It’s getting bad,” Brennan observed as the wind kicked up.

“Yeah,” Booth replied.

They reached the Jeffersonian and Booth turned to Brennan.

“Well, I’ll talk to you later then,” Booth said as he turned to head to the parking garage.

“Yeah, okay,” she replied as she shook the snow from her scarf.

She made her way to her office and turned back to watch Booth disappear in the elevator. *Something soft and fruity* she thought and she was pretty sure that it was her skin and her peaberry shampoo he had been remembering. As long as he didn’t know, it was fine.

She reached her office and dropped to her chair with a thunk. She just sat and pondered what she could do. With no case to work on, she thought she might head back to limbo. As she got up to leave the office, Booth came striding in.

“Do you have jumper cables? My car’s dead,” he said.

“Uh, yeah…in my car. I’ll give you a jump,” she replied, heading back out of the office.

Booth smiled as he followed closely behind her.
Hope you liked! Lemme know! And Merry Christmas Eve to those of you who celebrate it!
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:58 am

piratesmiley

Posted 24/12/2007 06:58:16 PM

"Give you a jump?" that sounded soooo dirty in my mind...

loved it sweet pea, so update quick!!!

Merry Christmas!
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:58 am

nane

Posted 24/12/2007 06:58:45 PM

Still lovely to read, and that soft and fruity thingy...priceless. She so should jump him, sorry give him a jump..after her knock on the head.
Merry Christmas to us and anybody else...
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:59 am

fanofbones

Posted 24/12/2007 11:35:57 PM

M-Dawg...you posted...thank you so much
I know its Christmas and all and you're probably busy busy busy...blah blah blah..
That was awesome girl....loved it...maybe just a touch too much for me.....
I know they want to have fun but.........
enough is enough I say...fragile? Hell yes....

And a big hell yeah....I want to jump him too..
whoooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooo
Merry Christmas girl....that was a grand present....

hugs sweetie...I mean Dawg...
fab
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

mrsdavidboreanaz

Posted 25/12/2007 02:04:17 AM

Hehe read it all.. loved it!! I'll give u a jump.. haha that was pretty dirty in my mind =s haha well i love it!! more soon please!! =]
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Posted 25/12/2007 02:18:01 AM

It is officially Christmas for me! 12:16am, so MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! And here is an Xmas gift for you all: the next chapter. Hope you enjoy!
CHAPTER 10

“I don’t understand why it won’t start,” Brennan exclaimed as she released the jumper cable to Booth.

“I don’t know, Bones. And what a great day for it to die. There’s a blizzard outside,” Booth exclaimed.

“Can’t the FBI give you another car?” Brennan inquired.

“Well, usually, I suppose. But not in this weather,” he replied as he slammed the hood of the SUV.

Brennan watched him as he paced.

“Mind if I hang around for a little while? Maybe get a ride home?” Booth asked, grinning sheepishly.

“Sure, Booth. What are friends for, right?” Brennan replied, smiling.

“Great. Can I take a nap on your couch? I’m exhausted,” Booth asked.

“Uh…sure,” Brennan replied as she followed Booth back into the building.
“The National Weather Service has issued a blizzard warning. It’s getting bad out there, so we’re letting everyone go early,” Cam informed Brennan as she popped her head into her office.

“It’s not even 4 o’clock,” Brennan replied, looking up from her computer.

“I know, but the whole city is shutting down. We need to get out and get home while we still can,” Cam replied.

A loud snort erupted from the sofa.

Cam looked over to the sofa with a look of sheer confusion and bewilderment on her face.

“Why is Booth asleep on your sofa?” Cam asked, the bewilderment never leaving her face.

“He said he was exhausted. And his car battery died,” Brennan explained, pointing to him with her pen.

“Okay then. Wake him up and make sure he gets home. I’ll give you a call and let you know if we’ll be open tomorrow,” Cam said as she turned to leave.

“Why wouldn’t we be open?” Brennan asked, thoroughly confused.

“Blizzard…snow…ice…city shutting down. I’ll call you,” Cam reiterated before disappearing.

Brennan sighed. “Booth,” she spoke loudly. He didn’t move. “Booth!” she tried again and still nothing. She got up from her chair, walked to the sofa and bent down. “Booth!”

He sprang up. “Bones? What? Are you okay?” he asked, clearly quite worried.

Brennan snickered. “I’m fine. You have to get up. Cam says there’s a blizzard warning and we all have to leave before it gets worse. I’ll take you home,” Brennan informed him.

Booth got up groggily and yawned. “What time is it?” he asked.

“Almost 4,” she replied as she grabbed his coat and handed it to him.

“So, it’s still snowing?” Booth asked, rhetorically.

“I assume so, yes,” Brennan replied as she flipped the lights off.

As they left the office, Angela and Hodgins walked by.

“Get home safe, sweetie,” Angela said.

“We-I will,” Brennan sputtered.

Angela found this quite cute but Booth seemed to have been oblivious to the doctor’s comment.

“Dude, you look like you just got out of bed,” Hodgins informed Booth.

“He was taking a nap…on my sofa,” Brennan explained.

“Right,” Hodgins said, a smug look on his face.

“Call me later, k?” Angela asked as they walked towards the elevators.

“Yeah. I have to, uh, take Booth home first. His battery died,” Brennan explained.

“Lucky day for THAT to happen. Just be careful. You don’t exactly have the best winter car,” Angela told Brennan. “YOU make sure she gets home safe,” she added, pointing at Booth.

“Yes, ma’am,” Booth replied as he raised his eyebrows.

“In fact, you should really just stay at Booth’s. I mean, you might not be able to make it home and-“

“Thanks, Ang, I think we can figure it out,” Brennan cut in as the 4 of them stepped into the elevator.

“Just trying to help…” Angela said, smiling smugly at Hodgins, who grinned knowingly.

The doors opened to the parking garage and they went their separate ways.

As Brennan slipped in behind the wheel, she said, “Why do I have to do all the driving lately?” she asked, slightly irritated.

“You usually complain that you don’t get to drive enough,” Booth reminded her.

“Yeah, well…I take it back,” she replied.

“Do you want me to drive?” Booth offered.

“No. It’s fine. Just…fine,” Brennan said as she turned the ignition and pulled out of the parking space.

She found her way out of the garage and a blustery shower of large white flakes met them outside. She turned the wipers on as she squinted out of the windshield.

“Look at this…isn’t it gorgeous?” Booth exclaimed as he gazed out of the window and out at the blanket of white.

“I can’t tell, I’m trying to focus on driving,” Brennan responded.

Booth continued to gaze out of the window and Brennan kept her eyes glued to the road as she made her way to Booth’s apartment. It took an extra 10 minutes because of the roads and by the time they got to the apartment, another 2 inches had fallen.

Brennan pulled up to the building and put the car in park.

“Thanks again, Bones. You’ve been doing a lot for me lately,” Booth said, smiling softly.

“It’s not a problem, Booth. Now get out so I can get home,” Brennan said in a jovial tone as she smiled.

Booth paused for a few moments before speaking. “You know, you actually should just stay here. It’s another 20 minutes to your place on a good day. In a half an hour, there’ll be 10 inches on the ground,” Booth suggested, rationally.

“I’ll be fine, Booth,” Brennan replied.

“Well, I know you think you’ll be fine. But…the thing is…I’ll worry and I don’t want to worry. Plus, I was going to ask you if you wanted dinner, anyway,” Booth said, shrugging and flashing a half-charm smile.

Brennan looked into his eyes and she found that warmth again…and she didn’t want to look away. She knew that she should go because this was a little too close for comfort. Angela’s word returned to her: feel. The warmth in his eyes was a feeling…a feeling that she wasn’t ignoring. Rationally, it did make more sense to stay with him, seeing as how the weather was getting worse by the minute.

After a good 20 seconds of mulling it over, she gave in.

“Okay, Booth. I’ll stay,” she finally replied as she put the car back into gear and headed for the garage.

“I have a couch, so, you know…no problems with the sleeping arrangements. I’ve also got some old t-shirts and sweats that you can wear to sleep in…I mean, if you want,” he said, clearly having already thought this out. Of course, that wasn’t very clear to Brennan.

“Right, I know. I mean, thanks,” she replied, shaking her head at her ineptitude. “So, what are we going to eat? I don’t think Wong Foo’s will be delivering.”

Booth smiled. “Oh, you have yet to discover my many talents in the kitchen,” he replied, snickering as he smiled.

Brennan smiled back, thinking of just how she was going to get through this night without reliving the night of the incident.
Have a wonderful Holiday to everyone who celebrates!
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next