Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Letters from home...by flyersfan35 BB flangst,rated M Posted 15/09/2007

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Letters from home...by flyersfan35 BB flangst,rated M  Posted 15/09/2007 Empty Letters from home...by flyersfan35 BB flangst,rated M Posted 15/09/2007

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:28 am

Flyersfan35

Okay, so I've had this story rattling around in my puny brain for awhile now. I feel like Bones, I have post it notes and little pieces of paper with snippets scribbled on them all over the place! Now the challenge is to put them all together! Usually I have an idea, then I sit down and write it, but this time..... Anywhoo, I hope you enjoy it!

BBB

Present

Brennan stood outside the door, waiting to get up the courage to knock. She didn't even know what she was doing here, they had said their goodbyes earlier, she only knew that something had compelled her to come.

She just knew she couldn't let him go without letting him know what he meant to her. The last week felt as if it were a dream, and right now, all she felt was emptiness, an emptiness only he could fill. She took a deep breath, and raised her hand to knock......

One week earlier

The quiet knock on the door roused Brennan from her writing. Throwing a quick glance at the clock, she was surprised to find that it was 11:30 pm. She had been so engrossed, she hadn't noticed the passage of time.

Smiling to herself, she stood and made her way to the door. She knew it would be Booth, he was the only one who would show up here this late. She hoped he had brought food, she was starving.

Pulling open the door, she braced herself for the inevitable admonition of checking to see who was there before opening the door, but to her surprise, it never came. "Hey, Booth." She looked down at his hands, which were surprisingly empty. "What, no food?" Her eyes finally came to rest on his face, and her heart skipped a beat. "Booth? What's wrong?"

He stared at her for a moment, and the look in his eyes scared her. "Can....can I come in?" His voice was low, thick with emotion.

Wordlessly, she moved aside and he walked inside. She shut the door behind him, then turned. He was standing in the middle of the room, looking at her, shoulders slumped, his eyes empty, and it chilled her to the bone. "What happened? Is it...Parker?" She didn't know what else would make him look so distressed, so haunted.

Booth shook his head. "I..." He stopped. How could he tell her? He knew what it would do to her, how she would feel, but he had to do it. Putting it off wouldn't make it any easier. He took a deep breath. "I'm going to Iraq."

All the blood drained from her face. She had envisoned all kinds of horrors, Parker being hurt, his family....but nothing had prepared her for these words. "What? No..." Her voice was a whisper. He was leaving her? This couldn't be happening.

Booth's heart ached at the look in her eyes. "Look, Bones..."

"No." She shook her head. This couldn't be. He wouldn't leave her, he had promised her....and she trusted him. "I....I don't understand."

"Listen to me." He reached for her hand and took it between his. He was desperate to make her understand. "It's...complicated, but just trust me, okay? They need me."

*I need you.* The words almost came unbidden to her lips, but she stopped them. She shook her head again. "Tell them no." Her emotions were spinning out of control. "Tell them you can't go, that I...that you're needed here."

He caught the slip, and he felt his heart break. "Temperance....I can't."

She pulled her hand from his grasp. "Why?" She hated her voice, her words. She sounded weak, but she couldn't help it. It felt as if a piece of her was being ripped away, and she was helpless to stop it.

Booth raked a hand through his hair. "I told you. I don't have a choice." He looked at her, his eyes pleading with her to understand. "Please, you know I would never leave you if I could help it."

Brennan closed her eyes, fighting the panic that was now welling up inside her. She would be okay, she didn't need him. She didn't need anyone. Opening her eyes, she steeled herself. "How long?"

"Nine months."

She forced her voice to stay calm. "When?"

Booth sighed. "In a week."

"You...you're leaving in a week?"

"Yes, but..."

"I get it." She turned and walked away.

"No, you don't." Booth caught up to her and pulled her back around to face him. "Temperance, I need you to understand. This isn't goodbye. I'm not walking out on you, I promise." He lifted her chin with his finger, forcing her eyes to meet his. "I'm coming back."

She heard the conviction in his voice, but she also saw the fear in his eyes. Fear he tried to hide, but she saw it anyway. He knew as well as she did that he may not be able to keep that promise, but she also knew that she needed to be strong. Because as much as she was hurting right now, his pain had to be ten times worse.

She took a deep breath. "Okay." She forced a smile, though all she wanted to do was cry. "But don't expect me to like my temporary partner."

Booth smiled at her and dropped his hands to his sides. "Hey, you didn't like me at first, either."

"And who says I like you now?"

"Very funny, Bones." He was happy she was able to joke with him, but he knew she was still hurting. He wanted to pull her into his arms, to never let her go, but he knew that was impossible. "Well...I should go."

"Yeah, okay." She watched as he walked across the room toward the door, glancing over his shoulder once he got there, his eyes sad once more.

"I'll be by the lab tomorrow, okay? I still need your report on the Fisher death." She nodded. "Everything's gonna be okay, Temperance. I promise." With that, he was gone.

The door closed softly, and Brennan fell onto the sofa, blinking back the tears that had been threatening to spill over. She was not going to cry, it solved nothing. Besides, he would be back. She had had faith in him to find her when she had been buried alive, and she had to have faith in him that he would find his way back to her.

BBB

Okay, like it? Hate it? Let me know! I hope it's not too confusing with the flashbacks, there are more to come, but it's just the way musie wanted to write it.
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11652
Say What You Want : Leader of the puritan party...pimp is my right hand man!!!
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Letters from home...by flyersfan35 BB flangst,rated M  Posted 15/09/2007 Empty Re: Letters from home...by flyersfan35 BB flangst,rated M Posted 15/09/2007

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:29 am

Kasper

Posted 15/09/2007 01:17:38 PM

Flyers, if you kill Booth, harm him, or make him appear dead I will find you. I will track you down and make fun of you to no end.

Awesome beginning, just don't do anything stupid.
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Letters from home...by flyersfan35 BB flangst,rated M  Posted 15/09/2007 Empty Re: Letters from home...by flyersfan35 BB flangst,rated M Posted 15/09/2007

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:30 am

sarcastress

Posted 15/09/2007 01:34:44 PM

Interesting idea and a great start to the story. I was wondering where he was going to go, but this is a plausible scenario. About the only plausible one, IMO. There have been some convincing stories where Booth or Bones left for other reasons, but at this point I can't see either of them leaving unless they had to - especially Booth, considering how close he is to his son. So great job, and I can't wait to read more!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:30 am

willgirl

Posted 15/09/2007 01:37:07 PM

Go Flyers! I love it! Can't wait to see what happens next.
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:31 am

redrider6612
Posted 15/09/2007 11:26:07 PM

Hey, kas, don't worry, this is flyer you're talkin' to! She would never kill our Boothy-Boo. Hurt him, put him in danger, maybe make him disappear so Brennan has to go find him, but never kill him. She LOOOOVES him too much for that.

Great story, flyer, can't wait for the next installment. *settles in to wait* Is it done yet? Hmmm? Why not? Whacha doin', chatting? Get busy writing!!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:32 am

luli27
Posted 16/09/2007 01:44:52 AM

Great beginning grandma!! I don't know why but I started reading with the idea that this would be a one shot, which it clearly isn't, damn it!!! now, I have to wait for the little lady to talk to her muse and her arthritic fingers to type what she remembers of what the muse told her!! I just hope red is right and you don't kill Booth. Though i don't like the other alternatives either. You know me an angst grandma!!! Please don't make it too angsty, please for me???
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:32 am

CheeseBK

Posted 16/09/2007 03:57:47 PM

AWESOME! I am dying to get to read the next part..... PPS
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:33 am

CaRiNeSs

Posted 16/09/2007 09:07:23 PM

Yeah...you need to post the next chapter now flyers...can't just leave it like that!!! Please post more soon
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:34 am

flyersfan35

Posted 17/09/2007 08:37:29 PM

Thanks to all who have reviewed! Just a note, this chapter follows immediately after the first chapter. Once again, I hope it is not too confusing.

BBB

Present

Booth wandered around the apartment, haphazardly throwing clothes in his duffle bag. He felt tired, drained. The last week had been a nightmare. Telling Parker had been the worst. His son had clung to him, begging him to stay, tears rolling down both their cheeks.

And Bones....he could still see the look in her eyes when he told her. She was always so strong, so in control, but he knew it had hurt her. She looked at it as a betrayal. It didn't matter why, he was leaving her. To her, it was just that simple.

For the rest of the week, she had hidden her feelings, locked them away just as she always did. Until tonight...

He was so caught up in his thoughts, he didn't hear the soft knock at the door....

Earlier that evening

He made his way across the room to her. She was sitting in a booth, alone, her chin propped on her hand, staring out into the night. "Hey, Bones."

She turned and looked up at him, and he saw the flicker of sadness in her eyes.

"Mind if I join you?"

She shook her head, and moved over in silent invitation. "Rebecca and Parker left?"

Booth nodded as he sat down beside her, his stomach twisting at the sound of his son's name. Saying goodbye to Parker had nearly broken his heart. Watching as Rebecca had led him away, looking back over his shoulder, tears streaming down his face. It had been one of the worst moments of his life.

Brennan saw the pain and anquish in his eyes, and she reached over and took his hand. She had never been very good at knowing what to do or say in these types of situations, but she sensed that her touch was enough when he smiled sadly at her.

Booth closed his eyes briefly, letting the comfort of her touch wash over him. She didn't know just how much she meant to him, how much she soothed his pain by just being there for him. Opening his eyes, he glanced at her. "Thanks," he whispered.

She smiled at him, but inside, her heart felt as if it were breaking. Coming here had been one of the hardest things she'd ever done. Just a small gathering at Sid's, to see him off, to say their goodbyes, but it was just so damned hard.

Looking in her eyes, Booth knew what she was feeling. The same pain that he was. Taking a deep breath, he tried for a lighter subject.

"Agent Roberts is a good guy, Bones." He smiled. "Try not to give him a hard time, okay?"

A ghost of a smile crossed her face. "I can't promise anything." Her expression sobered, and he absently rubbed her hand, sensing her distress. "Temperance..."

"I'm gonna go." She stood abruptly, cutting off his words.

Sighing, he stood beside her. "Listen, Bones... I won't be able to call often, but if you need anything, anything at all, Cullen will be able to get a message to me, and I'll call as soon as I can."

"Okay." She paused. "I...goodbye."

Booth was about to reply when suddenly, she was in his arms, holding him as if she would never let him go. He held her, his hands comfortingly rubbing her back, trying to fight back his tears. Pulling her closer, he tried to commit to memory the scent of her, the feel of her in his arms.

Brennan closed her eyes, fighting back tears. She wanted to be strong, had to be strong, for her and for him, but it was so hard. Since she was 15 years old, the only place she had ever felt truly safe and comforted was in his arms. She needed him, more than she had ever wanted to admit, and all she wanted to do was stay here, in his arms, forever. Instead, gathering all her courage, she pulled away. Turning quickly, hiding the tears that were now spilling down her cheeks, she made her way quickly across the room and out the door, never looking back.

Booth watched her go, feeling the same despair he had felt when he had watched Parker leave, and he knew that somehow, someway, he had to find a way to make it back. They both needed him, just as much as he needed them, and he couldn't let them down.

Present

The persistant knock finally penetrated his thoughts, and he looked up, startled. Making his way over to the door, he pulled it open, his surprise evident as he saw her standing there. "Bones?" She just stood there, staring at him, and as he looked into her eyes, he saw the sadness that he had glimpsed earlier, but behind that, he saw longing, a need that he knew was mirrored in his own. "Temperance?"

Shaking her head, she stepped hesitantly into the apartment and shut the door behind her, her eyes never leaving his. Wordlessly she lifted her arm, her fingers lightly tracing his jawbone. "Booth," she whispered.

Booth's skin burned at her touch. Unconciously he moved closer, and her eyes closed as his head lowered and he lightly pressed his lips to hers. His hands came up to cup her face, his thumbs gently stroking her temples as he deepened the kiss.

Brennan moaned slightly and wrapped her arms around him as his tongue teased her lips, seeking entrance. She opened her mouth to him, their tongues meeting, and she shivered at the sensations.

He pulled her to him, his body pressing against hers, as his passion grew. In the back of his mind he knew he should stop, but he also knew that it was too late. They both needed this. The passion that had been building for two years had finally broken free, and there was no turning back now.

Still, he pulled back as he felt her hands fumbling with the button of his jeans. Taking her small hands in his, he searched her face, looking for any sign of indecision, any indication that she didn't want this, but he found none.

She seemed to know what he was silently asking, and she shook her head. Pulling her hands from his, she reached up and slid her arms around his neck, pulling his face down to hers, capturing his lips in a fierce kiss.

All his reservations left him. He knew that whatever happened tonight, there would be no regrets in the morning. His arms snaked around her, his hands moving up her back and tangling in her hair, kissing her until they were both breathless. His lips left hers to trail kisses down her jawbone, until he reached the curve of her neck. He kissed and licked the tender flesh, and her head fell back to give him better access.

Her hands were moving over his body, reaching under his t-shirt, stroking the hard flesh, and he inhaled sharply at her touch. He pulled back, and in one quick motion, she had his shirt over his head. His mouth again found hers as his fingers worked deftly at the buttons of her blouse. She moaned as he undid the last button, pulling open the folds of fabric and running his fingers lightly over her skin.

Pulling back, he gazed at her for a moment, the lacy black bra covering her milky white breasts, then slowly reached around and unfastened it. "Beautiful," he whispered. He pulled her to him, their bodies touching, skin to skin. Heat flooded through him, and it felt as if his body was on fire. His lips captured hers once again as they made their way to the bedroom, scattering the remainder of their clothes on the way.

Dropping to the bed, he ran his hands over her body, gently kneading her breasts, before moving down to slip his fingers inside her. She cried out, her body jerking as pleasure shot through her. His lips continued to caress her skin, kissing and licking everywhere until her body was screaming for release. "Seeley," she whispered.

The sound of his name on her lips almost drove him over the edge. Positioning himself above her, he entered her, groaning at the feel of her, tight, hot and wet, ready for him. He paused for a moment, fighting for control, then started moving inside her.

She clutched his back, meeting him thrust for thrust, her lips kissing his neck, nibbling his ear. She felt the pleasure building, and she let out a low moan, then cried out as the orgasm ripped through her.

Booth felt her body tighten around him, and he couldn't hold back any longer. His body exploded in pleasure. Spent, he collapsed on the bed and pulled her to him, holding her and stroking her back until their breathing returned to normal.

Sighing, Brennan curled up beside him, content. She laid her head on his chest and closed her eyes, feeling the warmth of his body beside her, until sleep finally claimed her.

If the first time had been fierce and passionate, the second was slow and tender, and afterword he held her, kissing away the tears that had finally escaped. The next time she woke, he was gone and she was alone in the bed, her only companion the St. Christopher medal lying on his pillow.

BBB

OMG! I hate writing smut, I suck at it, but anywhoo...there u go! Geez, one of these days I'm gonna learn!

Anywhooo.....let me know what u think! Musie loves reviews! Oh, and yeah, she loves cookies, too, specially sac cookies!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:35 am

willgirl

Posted 17/09/2007 08:52:43 PM

You underestimate yourself! That was hot! And sad at the end!!!! I have my suspicions about what's going to happen, but we will wait and see what you do! Excellent!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:36 am

BGWGscienceteacher

Posted 17/09/2007 08:53:04 PM

You definitely need to continue writing smut. You are very good at it; so, don't be so hard on yourself. We definitely need more, MUCH more smut. PPS
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:37 am

polygirl

Posted 17/09/2007 09:18:21 PM

Grandma that was great how could anything you write be bad?
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:38 am

bandbi

Posted 17/09/2007 10:11:34 PM

Great job.... I'm loving this story... I kinda have an idea where it might go, but i'm just gonna sit back, enjoy and wait to see... so don't keep me waiting too long.. okay?
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:39 am

fanofbones

Posted 17/09/2007 10:12:37 PM

grandma...it was hot as hell...well written...wonderfully sexy..
exciting...sweet...and sad all rolled into one perfect fic...
and did I mention........................................
hot as hell.....
well done girl....well done....
I also see where this is going and I'm sitting on the edge of my seat....
get the boy home safe please and don't mess with his ass or charm smile...or his eyes...or his torso...or his shoulders...or for god's sake...don't touch his hands....

fab
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:41 am

Bella Loony

Posted 17/09/2007 10:51:07 PM

OMFUCKINGGAWD Canuckle!! Oh that was brilliant and he left her his St. Christopher medal. Ahh, be still my beating heart!! MORE SMUTT WOMAN!! You rock at it, but that was so tender and beautiful too, great, fantastic, wonderawesome!! Rock it girl! I truly loved it!! Beautifully done, but I do want more!!

S.A.B.L
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:42 am

CaRiNeSs

Posted 17/09/2007 11:32:26 PM

flyers....that was freakin great! and so sad at the same time....he just left her but I understand why he did it.... I can't wait to see what happens next so please post more soon!!! Great job of course!!! Please Please post more soon!!!!!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:45 am

flyersfan35

Posted 17/09/2007 11:45:32 PM

Thanks everyone, u really r sweet! I'm so glad u liked it, but I don't have anymore. Sorry, that's it. I'm done. It was nice talking to u.

LOL, jk, I will try to have the next chap up in a day or two!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:46 am

BonBon

Posted 18/09/2007 00:02:26 AM

flyer... that was awesome... very hoy and not at all smutty... verry, verry sexy... but not smutty!!! there is a difference.. don't ya know... damn... can't find an icon that winks... totally screws up the line... heeehheee... love this story... please stick to the light.. stay away from the darkness images/icones/icon15.gif
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:47 am

A2BOREANAZ

Posted 18/09/2007 00:18:28 AM

you hate writing smut.....can i ask why.....flyers..i will give you 10 (sacs) of cookies if you continue writing smut...that rocked.....omg.....how come i never saw this one before???
it was perfect......and oh so sad.....why does everyone make booth go away......and i am surprised at you....you of all people letting your man go away.......bring him back....make it better......if you are continuing with this...as i hope you are..because when he comes home...i want more smut...and you said its bad....whatever woman.....you rocked it out...
a2b
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:50 am

redrider6612

Posted 18/09/2007 00:25:19 AM

OMG, flyer! What are you whining about? That was wondersome! You really are MUCH too hard on yourself, honey. I just loved that, it was sweet and sexy and romantic as hell. Terrific job! And don't give up on the smut, darlin', 'cuz you have such a lovely softly romantic touch when you write it, just the way I like it. Truly a work of art.
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:50 am

CheeseBK

Posted 18/09/2007 02:37:04 AM

this was great, really great!!!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:51 am

flyersfan35

Posted 18/09/2007 06:50:45 AM

Oh, DDC, you're so silly, of course I'm continuing! I can't let my little Boothy Boo out there too long, now can I?

And more smut....hmmm, idk, I will think about it, just for u and red, since she said it's a 'work of art'!

Red, I really think you're sucking up a bit too much, but it is all good!

Thanks everyone, you're all too sweet!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:52 am

kiki

Posted 18/09/2007 04:09:55 PM

Grandma! Oh my golly gosh! Six Booths for you!.....dunno why I'm awarding you with Booths....just go with it, it was just that good!

Ooh, it was so sad....but SO hot (grandma, you HAVE to write smut more often! Amazing!) and just overall wonderfully written.

I think I have an idea of where you're going with it...but...never count your chickens or something.....why would I want to count chickens? They'd move an awful lot and be most tiresome...Anyway, SLIGHTLY off topic there, loved it grandma and can't wait for more!

I don't appreciate you "ordering" me to read this. Bossy Boots! Sheesh. Coz it's not like I woulda tripped up over my own fingers anyway in my rush to read it! Coz I adore your stories!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:53 am

kiki

Posted 18/09/2007 04:16:13 PM

Grandma! Oh my golly gosh! Six Booths for you!.....dunno why I'm awarding you with Booths....just go with it, it was just that good!

Ooh, it was so sad....but SO hot (grandma, you HAVE to write smut more often! Amazing!) and just overall wonderfully written.

I think I have an idea of where you're going with it...but...never count your chickens or something.....why would I want to count chickens? They'd move an awful lot and be most tiresome...Anyway, SLIGHTLY off topic there, loved it grandma and can't wait for more!

I don't appreciate you "ordering" me to read this. Bossy Boots! Sheesh. Coz it's not like I woulda tripped up over my own fingers anyway in my rush to read it! Coz I adore your stories!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:54 am

kiki

Posted 18/09/2007 04:26:15 PM

What the heck is with my posts coming up twice??? Ok, well, I'm gonna work with this and just say that I really REALLY liked it. Hence, the two posts.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next