Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Guide-Booth has moved on, but is it for good?

+15
gordongordonfan
anthropologystudent
joybrennan
clair82
RubyRuby
tinkrella
jhi1005
katharine
jro54
recoveringbonesaddict
TinkonBrink
elyon
mereva
treble21
MI_Bonesgirl
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

TV Guide-Booth has moved on, but is it for good? - Page 3 Empty Re: TV Guide-Booth has moved on, but is it for good?

Post by jro54 Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:48 pm

RubyRuby wrote:
gordongordonfan wrote:With Booth and Caroline it's not really subtle, it's kinda obvious and BAM, in your face! LOL When Booth tells her about Hannah, he ALL ON HIS OWN mentions how Hannah doesn't have issues (obviously comparing to Brennan). I don't remember exact words, have to watch again. But it's clear that a man who's "over" 1 woman wouldn't be bringing up 'her issues' when talking about another, huh! :-) Caroline acts all "that's good" about it, but we all know she's pretty savvy and I think she sees through it. She later in the epi makes a comment about how they all came back for Cam, and she says to Booth and Bones "that IS why you came back, right?" Seems like she knows what's "going on" to me! [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Ouch.

I guess was can at least we can take this as a hint that Booth is apparently not so happy with Hannah...because I wouldn't expect a man who has "moved on" from a woman to bring up her issues when talking about another woman. I haven't seen the premiere, but I really want to now!!!
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

TV Guide-Booth has moved on, but is it for good? - Page 3 Empty Re: TV Guide-Booth has moved on, but is it for good?

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:41 pm

gordongordonfan wrote:With Booth and Caroline it's not really subtle, it's kinda obvious and BAM, in your face! LOL When Booth tells her about Hannah, he ALL ON HIS OWN mentions how Hannah doesn't have issues (obviously comparing to Brennan). [/img]

Caroline asks Booth if he is staying. Booth responds that he is, but he believes that Brennan will go back to Maluku to continue with her search for the missing link. Caroline then tells Booth that we would like her to find that. Booth looks once again at Hannah's picture and states "No missing link there though, right." Caroline looking at Hannah's picture says there ain't nothing missing with her.

So there was no mention of Brennan having issues...

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:49 pm

recoveringbonesaddict wrote:
gordongordonfan wrote:With Booth and Caroline it's not really subtle, it's kinda obvious and BAM, in your face! LOL When Booth tells her about Hannah, he ALL ON HIS OWN mentions how Hannah doesn't have issues (obviously comparing to Brennan). [/img]

Caroline asks Booth if he is staying. Booth responds that he is, but he believes that Brennan will go back to Maluku to continue with her search for the missing link. Caroline then tells Booth that we would like her to find that. Booth looks once again at Hannah's picture and states "No missing link there though, right." Caroline looking at Hannah's picture says there ain't nothing missing with her.

So there was no mention of Brennan having issues...

Thanks for clarifying.
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:17 pm

I took the conversation between Booth and Caroline as also metaphorical...when Booth first mentions Brennan going back to find the "missing link" he meant it literally...but when Caroline says "we'd all like her to find that" we know that Caroline really means her coming to grips with her emotions. Interesting that Booth replies "right? me, too" but then he pulls out the pic of Hannah again and says "no missing link there though..."

That Booth...he is just as screwed up as he was when he left...LOL! But bless his big sexy FBI heart for trying...

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankuuh Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:24 pm

Its so obvious that Booth is trying to move on but that it really is not working. I mean, if you have to shove that picture of Hannah into everyones face and keep telling people that they have to move on to be happy because he is so happy...yeah...to me that screams. Im sooooo over it...NOT.
Ankuuh
Ankuuh
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:38 pm

Hmmm, I though the 'no missing link there' line was a bit mean coming from Booth. Yeah Booth, we all know Brennan pales in comparison to and can't possibly compete with your super awesome barbie girlfriend Rolling Eyes why didn't he just tell Brennan to jump back on the plane to Maluku, it didn't seem like he wanted to work with her again at all.

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:44 pm

I didn't get a kick ass Booth vibe either. I thought the chemistry between Booth and Brennan was totally missing... it felt completely one sided, Brennan seemed pleased to see him, like she wanted to see him, Booth was acting like Brennan was an acquaintance rather than his best friend. It's obvious he's distancing himself from her. I really hope that as the season progresses we get to see that side of Booth that obviously cares for and you know... likes Brennan emerge again. I have no desire to watch a season of Booth fawning over his perfect girlfriend and going on about how she's so much better than Bones, while treating Bones like some painful co-worker he's gotten stuck with puke

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:46 pm

Ankuuh...exactly. It made me think back to the episode "The Man in the Cell" where Booth said that if you had to keep explaining how you were a hero, then you're not a hero. If he has to keep telling everyone how "happy" he is, then he's not "happy"

Doctor B..it did come off a bit mean, but he's obviously still hurting from her rejection. He's back to being early S1 disconnected Booth, at least where Brennan is concerned. But I didn't get the impression that he didn't want to work with her. He's just living within the parameters that Brennan set and...work partners only...and protecting himself from being hurt again. I think as the season goes on, and it becomes obvious that he can't move on, then we will see that side of Booth again...

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:51 pm

crzy4bones wrote:
Doctor B..it did come off a bit mean, but he's obviously still hurting from her rejection. He's back to being early S1 disconnected Booth, at least where Brennan is concerned. But I didn't get the impression that he didn't want to work with her. He's just living within the parameters that Brennan set and...work partners only...and protecting himself from being hurt again. I think as the season goes on, and it becomes obvious that he can't move on, then we will see that side of Booth again...

Brennan's parameters IMO weren't just about being work partners only but best friends. It's not just losing him as a work partner she's scared about, but losing his friendship. I just got this reluctance from Booth in his scenes with Bones, like it was easier/better for him not having her in his life, kind of like if she went back to Maluku he wouldn't really care because he'd moved on and doesn't need her anymore... and why does he need her?? His GF has "nothing missing" (unlike Brennan).

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:52 pm

I so agree with all of you. Booth's happiness definitely seems force...because he's really unhappy. It's almost like he's trying too hard make it seem like he's happy...because if you keep having to explain that your "happy," he's not "happy."
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:25 am

Hmmm... for me, he didn't look "forced happy" in the clips from the next episode: he was smiling at SOB like he's genuinely happy and kissing her many times... I don't know, it's not for me to discuss.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by anthropologystudent Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:17 am

I did notice something last night in the beginning of season 3 its Brennan who backs away sorta from there friendship and she keeps saying its because of trying to find a Zack Replacement and she only keeps it to a professional thing...
This time Season 6 it's Booth who is doing it for his own reasons he is sorta acting like he is distancing himself from her a little bit and in a lot of scenes that are normally just B&B there was someone in between them. I know we only see so much but it was like he didn't go out of his way to really be "best friends" again...Brennan on the other hand did in her own way she had a million questions and she wanted to know what it was like and he jumped straight in to Hannah.

My hope is that over the next couple of episodes Booth comes out of this shell, None of us are sure how long Hannah is going to be around but I can only hope that while she is Booth stops being the way he is because as much as we all want Brennan to come to terms with her feelings and say them out loud, I don't think it would be possible unless Booth was a little bit more himself..the guy she loves you know the one she would do anything for
anthropologystudent
anthropologystudent
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144
Say What You Want : "Plus que ma propre vie''
Registration date : 2010-08-19

https://www.facebook.com/ashley.m.simpson

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:26 am

mereva wrote:Hmmm... for me, he didn't look "forced happy" in the clips from the next episode: he was smiling at SOB like he's genuinely happy and kissing her many times... I don't know, it's not for me to discuss.

I think we are basing our opinions on the episode that has aired, because he did seem like he was forcing it a few times, it came out quite clear during his conversation with Sweets, In the promo it does sort of look like he's happy there, but the promo's aren't the best indicators for things like that as you are only getting a snippet of a scene.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankuuh Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:36 am

treble21 wrote:
mereva wrote:Hmmm... for me, he didn't look "forced happy" in the clips from the next episode: he was smiling at SOB like he's genuinely happy and kissing her many times... I don't know, it's not for me to discuss.

I think we are basing our opinions on the episode that has aired, because he did seem like he was forcing it a few times, it came out quite clear during his conversation with Sweets, In the promo it does sort of look like he's happy there, but the promo's aren't the best indicators for things like that as you are only getting a snippet of a scene.

Yes indeed, my opinion was based on what Ive seen this episode not the promo Smile.
Ankuuh
Ankuuh
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:12 am

Thanks. Smile I hope you're right and it's only pseudo bliss, so to speak.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:13 am

treble21 wrote:

I agree.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by bella Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:46 am

crzy4bones wrote:I took the conversation between Booth and Caroline as also metaphorical...when Booth first mentions Brennan going back to find the "missing link" he meant it literally...but when Caroline says "we'd all like her to find that" we know that Caroline really means her coming to grips with her emotions. Interesting that Booth replies "right? me, too" but then he pulls out the pic of Hannah again and says "no missing link there though..."

That Booth...he is just as screwed up as he was when he left...LOL! But bless his big sexy FBI heart for trying...

That's how I read that scene aswell.

I think Caroline wants Booth to be happy, she has great affection for him, she sees that he is trying desparately to be happy with Hannah so she goes along with it in that scene like "yes Booth, she looks great Booth, you've got a real catch there " kind of thing but if you look at the scene at the end when Caroline and Bones are sitting at the bar when Bones tries to hug her I sense when Caroline is staring at her she's thinking "honey I know you love Booth and he's crazy about you I'm gonna smash some sense into the two of you if it kills me!".

I felt Emily played Brennan so well in this opener of signalling a more open and pained Brennan. David is playing Booth well, it's a difficult line to draw between showing the character apparently moving on happily with no qualms but at the same time giving the audience glimpses beneath the surface now and again that things are really not okay, especially now he's face to face with Bones again. Being in her orbit is not going to do his equilibrium any good after 7 months of telling himself he's cured of his almost lovesick devotion to Bones.

The writers have to be careful how they play this though, too many episodes of seeming awkwardness or fans assuming Booth is being distant even cold or mean to Bones would be a disaster in my opinion. The whole core of the show revolves around B&B and their strong relationship and warm friendship and banter be it with sexual overtones or not. Make Booth the remote and unreachable one and couple that with Bones already being closed off emotionally because that's her character and you've got a disaster on your hands.

One has to be the emotional outlet the other the more contained one, that's how it's always worked and the reason they fit so perfectly together, a few episodes like this is just about manageable but no more. Obviously with Hannah turning up there will be more tension but hopefully B&B will relax as time moves on and the gang get back into the swing of things investigating cases which is what they do best. I agree with a previous poster who said Booth has to get his warm working mojo back with her otherwise he is not the guy she fell in love with from the start and she would have no reason to want to try and do anything about it with the Booth we are seeing right now.

bella
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:06 pm

@bella. Well said Smile
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:40 pm

bella wrote:
crzy4bones wrote:I took the conversation between Booth and Caroline as also metaphorical...when Booth first mentions Brennan going back to find the "missing link" he meant it literally...but when Caroline says "we'd all like her to find that" we know that Caroline really means her coming to grips with her emotions. Interesting that Booth replies "right? me, too" but then he pulls out the pic of Hannah again and says "no missing link there though..."

That's how I read that scene aswell.

I think Caroline wants Booth to be happy, she has great affection for him, she sees that he is trying desparately to be happy with Hannah so she goes along with it in that scene like "yes Booth, she looks great Booth, you've got a real catch there " kind of thing but if you look at the scene at the end when Caroline and Bones are sitting at the bar when Bones tries to hug her I sense when Caroline is staring at her she's thinking "honey I know you love Booth and he's crazy about you I'm gonna smash some sense into the two of you if it kills me!".

I felt Emily played Brennan so well in this opener of signalling a more open and pained Brennan. David is playing Booth well, it's a difficult line to draw between showing the character apparently moving on happily with no qualms but at the same time giving the audience glimpses beneath the surface now and again that things are really not okay, especially now he's face to face with Bones again. Being in her orbit is not going to do his equilibrium any good after 7 months of telling himself he's cured of his almost lovesick devotion to Bones.

The writers have to be careful how they play this though, too many episodes of seeming awkwardness or fans assuming Booth is being distant even cold or mean to Bones would be a disaster in my opinion. The whole core of the show revolves around B&B and their strong relationship and warm friendship and banter be it with sexual overtones or not. Make Booth the remote and unreachable one and couple that with Bones already being closed off emotionally because that's her character and you've got a disaster on your hands.

One has to be the emotional outlet the other the more contained one, that's how it's always worked and the reason they fit so perfectly together, a few episodes like this is just about manageable but no more. Obviously with Hannah turning up there will be more tension but hopefully B&B will relax as time moves on and the gang get back into the swing of things investigating cases which is what they do best. I agree with a previous poster who said Booth has to get his warm working mojo back with her otherwise he is not the guy she fell in love with from the start and she would have no reason to want to try and do anything about it with the Booth we are seeing right now.

I agree. too much booth closing off and it wont even be fun to watch anymore. There needs to be a good balance. We, the audience, need to be able to see that booth IS trying to move on....but perhaps....can't at the same time. We need to see his internal struggle and know that he still loves her and generally wants to be around her and be her best friend. I'll be honest, he barely looks like he wants to be near her at all in the first episode (b/c he's purposefully keeping himself away) I just hope we don't get TOO much of that. It'll ruin it.

Remember what Emily said awhile ago about the brennan centric episode? She said something like...."brennan will try and deal with this all on her on (solving her own murder) and Booth wont like that and will try to figure out what is going on with her" that gave me hope. I think when push comes to shove, both wont like at all that he isn't involved with her life and they aren't as close as they once were. of course, she said that awhile ago and that episode hasn't even come up yet....so who knows. things could change. They must have told her the general direction of it though.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:56 pm

tinkrella wrote:

I agree. too much booth closing off and it wont even be fun to watch anymore. There needs to be a good balance. We, the audience, need to be able to see that booth IS trying to move on....but perhaps....can't at the same time. We need to see his internal struggle and know that he still loves her and generally wants to be around her and be her best friend. I'll be honest, he barely looks like he wants to be near her at all in the first episode (b/c he's purposefully keeping himself away) I just hope we don't get TOO much of that. It'll ruin it.

Totally agree with the above. I found the opener painful to watch in parts because Booth clearly did not want to be around Brennan... romantic feelings he had/has aside, she is still supposed to be his best friend, and I can't imagine I am alone in finding it uncomfortable and depressing to watch. I really hope it doesn't last too long because I was left feeling a bit heart-crushed after the premiere.

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by bella Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:56 am

tinkrella wrote:

Remember what Emily said awhile ago about the brennan centric episode? She said something like...."brennan will try and deal with this all on her on (solving her own murder) and Booth wont like that and will try to figure out what is going on with her" that gave me hope. I think when push comes to shove, both wont like at all that he isn't involved with her life and they aren't as close as they once were. of course, she said that awhile ago and that episode hasn't even come up yet....so who knows. things could change. They must have told her the general direction of it though.

I totally agree, DB needs to be careful how he acts this new look Booth that's come back harder and more distant from Afghanistan. At times there are glimpses of the old B&B magic but the recent spoiler clips don't reassure me so much but they are just clips not an entire episode so I'll wait and see. DB usually does well with emotional tells but I think he needs to get Booth to show that he's still close to Bones and wants to continue working with her! The audience need to see that, he's the emotive one they don't expect Bones to be doing this kind of stuff.

I really do hope that something big comes out of that Brennan centric episode, it sounds really interesting and I hope that the writers and actors pull it off. Oh but please don't make it all dream based! That's my one hope that in this episode (may be the 6th or 7th one?) that due to the repercussions of it Booth finally "comes back" to her so to speak, whether he's with Hannah still or not at that point. It would be one way for the writers to make Booth's character do an about turn and make it plausible enough so they can then move on and develop things further between them.
Right now I've got a better relationship with my tax advisor than Booth has with Bones in some of these clips.

bella
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:14 am

bella wrote:
tinkrella wrote:

I totally agree, DB needs to be careful how he acts this new look Booth that's come back harder and more distant from Afghanistan. At times there are glimpses of the old B&B magic but the recent spoiler clips don't reassure me so much but they are just clips not an entire episode so I'll wait and see. DB usually does well with emotional tells but I think he needs to get Booth to show that he's still close to Bones and wants to continue working with her! The audience need to see that, he's the emotive one they don't expect Bones to be doing this kind of stuff.

I really do hope that something big comes out of that Brennan centric episode, it sounds really interesting and I hope that the writers and actors pull it off. Oh but please don't make it all dream based! That's my one hope that in this episode (may be the 6th or 7th one?) that due to the repercussions of it Booth finally "comes back" to her so to speak, whether he's with Hannah still or not at that point. It would be one way for the writers to make Booth's character do an about turn and make it plausible enough so they can then move on and develop things further between them.
Right now I've got a better relationship with my tax advisor than Booth has with Bones in some of these clips.

I agree. (again lol)

If booth keeps this up, it will be hard to like or even relate to him. A good way to get him kind of....on the right path again would be if during the brennan centric one....he sort of realizes he's harming her by keeping a distance. Or, realizes, he honestly wants to be around her and wants to know and now she's pulling away. Booth could never stand to have her pulling away. It's the typical guy scenario. When she's around him all the time, he is like 'eh' But the second she pulls away, he has to reel her back in.

I'm hoping that once the fun and intensity of Hannah being back wears off, which it will, because DC is NOT a war zone and their normal lives are much more mundane than the relationship they started in Afghanistan. I'm hoping, that it starts to sink in for him. I just hope, that it's not too late. Hart and co. are walking a really fine line here that is starting to make me nervous. sweatin Too many episodes of this Booth and I can see people losing interest all together. Now, if they explain the demons he is facing and really show that he is struggling and maybe had some issues while he was away, that would be different.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3