Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Guide-Booth has moved on, but is it for good?

+15
gordongordonfan
anthropologystudent
joybrennan
clair82
RubyRuby
tinkrella
jhi1005
katharine
jro54
recoveringbonesaddict
TinkonBrink
elyon
mereva
treble21
MI_Bonesgirl
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

TV Guide-Booth has moved on, but is it for good? - Page 2 Empty Re: TV Guide-Booth has moved on, but is it for good?

Post by joybrennan Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:30 am

OMG, they are WORRIED! And, they STILL don't have a clue. At least they acknowledge that it is ANOTHER reset. Rolling Eyes I love this one:

"..but he says that the show's writers aren't just thinking of ways to keep the couple apart."

"We want to make this relationship unfold in a very real way," he says. "We don't want to force it, and we don't want to keep them apart in a very contrived way." [Only admins are allowed to see this link] TOO LATE, SN! SN is like, "we want this to develop organically." [Only admins are allowed to see this link] They've been using so many chemicals the show is almost a toxic waste dump. Rolling Eyes This is in DIRECT response to the thing that came out on buddy tv. Plus, they must have called someone over there, too, because now THEY have an article talking up the premire! Twisted Evil Frankly, they should be worried. They are maybe getting that perhaps the audience is smarter than they thought. Watching the numbers over the next few weeks will be interesting. It may very well be that a bunch of new viewers who enjoy melodrama will tune in, even if regular viewers drop out. After all, "Jersey Shore" is a popular show. Of course, if that does happen, we can expect the show to become even MORE contrived than it is now - and the show I fell in love with will be completely gone. Sad
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

TV Guide-Booth has moved on, but is it for good? - Page 2 Empty Re: TV Guide-Booth has moved on, but is it for good?

Post by joybrennan Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:32 am

PS - what's REALLY stupid? There isn't a person that watches the show that doesn't know that Booth hasn't moved on for good. That's what makes the storyline - and that headline - so Rolling Eyes.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:43 am

^Yeah, SN and HH are just covering their *sses...because their just a tiny bit worried...and they should be. Twisted Evil It does make me feel sad...because in season five, when they moved B&B's relationship into the center of the show, I was so excited because I thought they get together, but then when they added the SO, they turned it into a freakin' soap opera...the only reason why I watch it now is because of B&B. Rolling Eyes..but it's not a total loss. Brennan is finally going to wake up from her six year coma of denial, so maybe she can be able to admit her feelings for Booth and possibly think about taking that risk in their relationship. To me, that's something. That's a huge leap from last year.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:51 am

jro54 wrote:^Yeah, SN and HH are just covering their *sses...because their just a tiny bit worried...and they should be. Twisted Evil It does make me feel sad...because in season five, when they moved B&B's relationship into the center of the show, I was so excited because I thought they get together, but then when they added the SO, they turned it into a freakin' soap opera...the only reason why I watch it now is because of B&B. Rolling Eyes..but it's not a total loss. Brennan is finally going to wake up from her six year coma of denial, so maybe she can be able to admit her feelings for Booth and possibly think about taking that risk in their relationship. To me, that's something. That's a huge leap from last year.

Considering where they were at episode 98, it's a small step forward from the BACKWARDS LONG JUMP of the 100th. Razz
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:56 am

When Brennan actually admits that she loves Booth and actually says she regrets turning him down, then I will look at it as a huge leap. Looking back she was absolutely smitten with him. All the little looks, the touches, the kisses, the coma dream-book that She wrote about them being in love, and married with a baby on the way. Come On. Maybe she didn't realize what those feelings were but they were there. The huge leap for me was when she made the toast to Jred and Padme. Because of Booth she believes in love. That was HUGE. Then we hitt hat clusterfuck-the last 2 min of the 100th... THAT was not the Booth Na Brennan we had known for 5 years. It was a shell of S1 Brennan and whoever that guy was that was trying to comvice her of a lifetime relationship. But oh no, they aren't purposely trying to keep them apart Rolling Eyes
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:00 am

joybrennan wrote:
jro54 wrote:^Yeah, SN and HH are just covering their *sses...because their just a tiny bit worried...and they should be. Twisted Evil It does make me feel sad...because in season five, when they moved B&B's relationship into the center of the show, I was so excited because I thought they get together, but then when they added the SO, they turned it into a freakin' soap opera...the only reason why I watch it now is because of B&B. Rolling Eyes..but it's not a total loss. Brennan is finally going to wake up from her six year coma of denial, so maybe she can be able to admit her feelings for Booth and possibly think about taking that risk in their relationship. To me, that's something. That's a huge leap from last year.

Considering where they were at episode 98, it's a small step forward from the BACKWARDS LONG JUMP of the 100th. Razz

Yes, a very small step...but I'm always a "glass half-full" kind of girl, so I look at this as one very small step to be coming a couple...because I've always thought Brennan had feelings for Booth, but she just didn't understand what they meant...and she has to understand what they mean and be able to verbally admit her feelings before they can ever get together. This does kind of make feel better in regard to the 100th because I sort of think that B&B haven't miss their moment...because Brennan simply wasn't ready.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:09 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:When Brennan actually admits that she loves Booth and actually says she regrets turning him down, then I will look at it as a huge leap. Looking back she was absolutely smitten with him. All the little looks, the touches, the kisses, the coma dream-book that She wrote about them being in love, and married with a baby on the way. Come On. Maybe she didn't realize what those feelings were but they were there. The huge leap for me was when she made the toast to Jred and Padme. Because of Booth she believes in love. That was HUGE. Then we hitt hat clusterfuck-the last 2 min of the 100th... THAT was not the Booth Na Brennan we had known for 5 years. It was a shell of S1 Brennan and whoever that guy was that was trying to comvice her of a lifetime relationship. But oh no, they aren't purposely trying to keep them apart Rolling Eyes

No one is arguing with you that Brennan doesn't have feelings for Booth. Hell yeah, she does. Personally, I think Brennan knew she had feelings for Booth when she gave that toast about love, but after four years and then suddently, he just makes a move, she freaks...because she's too afraid to risk their relationship and possibly lose him, so should rather have him as just a friend/partner...which makes think that perhaps they haven't missed their moment..becasue Brennan simply wasn't ready....BUT when she is able to admit her feelings for Booth and that she regets her decesion, that's PROGRESSION!!!! That's one tiny step to becoming a couple.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:10 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:When Brennan actually admits that she loves Booth and actually says she regrets turning him down, then I will look at it as a huge leap. Looking back she was absolutely smitten with him. All the little looks, the touches, the kisses, the coma dream-book that She wrote about them being in love, and married with a baby on the way. Come On. Maybe she didn't realize what those feelings were but they were there. The huge leap for me was when she made the toast to Jred and Padme. Because of Booth she believes in love. That was HUGE. Then we hitt hat clusterfuck-the last 2 min of the 100th... THAT was not the Booth Na Brennan we had known for 5 years. It was a shell of S1 Brennan and whoever that guy was that was trying to comvice her of a lifetime relationship. But oh no, they aren't purposely trying to keep them apart Rolling Eyes

I could sign your every word!! hug
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:17 am

@jro- I'm not arguing with you either. Just frustrated and blowing off steam. This storyline makes me want to bang my head against the nearest brick wall. It is what it is, and just went I get used to it, and decide I'm ok with the whole thing, a dumbass interview like this comes along and throws me back into a "mood"
I know, I know I should quit reading spoilers, but it's taken me almost 4 months to even start to be ok with it. Let's just say my family and my TV should be very glad I've had plenty of time to let it sink in. I think they would seriously have me committed. Suspect
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:20 am

@Bonesgirl I understand. I can't even bring enough emotion anymore to even care about anything anymore ever since I had a my huge freak out after watching the clip of Booth describing his relationship "as serious as a heart attack." I still want B&B to get together and I want Hannah to leave, but just nothing can make me upset anymore. I really don't know what to think of this article...because he contradicts everything that Hart said. I guess we should take everything theys ay with a grain of salt. Rolling Eyes

I should add that the only problem is that even though Brennan will realize her feelings for Booth...and he will realize that he can't move on, they won't tell each other...because she won't pursue him after seeing him with the Ragahg and thinking about everything he's said about love and relationships and he still won't think she's loves him because she stayed his supportive best friend...because it's going to lead to B&B getting together, which isn't gonna happen this season, unless they don't get renewed. Rolling Eyes
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by anthropologystudent Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:44 am

while I really want them to be "together" I don't really want them to get together this season we already know that at some point they will get be a couple and I kinda agree with some of the articles where they have said that this is a natural progression she "rejected" him because she felt she couldn't change for him to be what she thought he wanted her to be. So Booth moved on with Hannah sure it was kinda quick but sometimes it works that way in the situation they are in. I know that something will happen that will bring Booth & Brennan closer together I also believe that Hannah will be not the whole cause but one of the variables that bring them together.
And I know this is a ways a way maybe but I am kinda hoping Brennan is hurt by the new killer because it always brings out the "protective" Booth and that is sexy Smile

I am all in jumbles cause its now 15 minutes to go!!!!
anthropologystudent
anthropologystudent
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144
Say What You Want : "Plus que ma propre vie''
Registration date : 2010-08-19

https://www.facebook.com/ashley.m.simpson

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:57 am

RubyRuby wrote:

DITTO - and good luck tonite. I tell ya, that actually was a dumb article to run today. All it did was piss people off all over again.

Twisted Evil
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:00 am

joybrennan wrote:
RubyRuby wrote:

DITTO - and good luck tonite. I tell ya, that actually was a dumb article to run today. All it did was piss people off all over again.

Twisted Evil

Freaky. I didn't write that bit. Very Happy even though I do agree.
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:21 am

Good luck, tonight guys!!! Give me all the details. Unfortunately, I won't be watching it tonight...because I don't have a TV (I know, right? Rolling Eyes) so I have to wait to watch it on HULU, but I probably won't watch it until Monday...because I'm going out down tomorrow...and Ooh, tell me about Brennan's admission to Angela. No, don't tell me that.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:51 am

Jro all I will say was it was awkward, a bit painful and it's going to be really hard for me not to hate Booth through this Hannah arc. Seriously I can't tell you how many times I facepalmed through the ep. BUT it was good to have the team back, I didn't hate the episode, but obviosly last seasons premiere was better.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:10 pm

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:Jro all I will say was it was awkward, a bit painful and it's going to be really hard for me not to hate Booth through this Hannah arc. Seriously I can't tell you how many times I facepalmed through the ep. BUT it was good to have the team back, I didn't hate the episode, but obviosly last seasons premiere was better.

Thanks, Bonesgirl. I've been reading about everything in the "show discussion" forum. Personally, I don't think I could ever hate Booth, but I'm sure I'll have to skip a couple episodes...because just even hearing Booth parade about how good his life is would make want to throw something at my computer screen. IDK. I'm sort of torn between wanting Booth to be happy (because I would much rather see him be happy, than sad, mopey Booth) but also just hearing him talk about Hannah is going to make squirm...but I've heard that it an all around good episode.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:42 pm

Yeah it was a pretty good episode. IMO the B&B dynamic is similar to S1, which is why it was a little painful for me, because now there is estblished history and feelings between these characters. Booth is back, which is a good thing, but he was a little too "proud" of Hannah. I don't really hate him per say, but ouch. If Brennan really does have feelings for him, this is going to suck for her big time. And anytime an of these characters are hurting, I get mad at the source of the pain. End of last season I was pretty ticked at Brennan. Brennan, although she has progressed with her feelings, she has also regressed. like she was trying too hard with the hugging and being almost over the top with it. Just awkward. The diner scene where Hodgela talked about the pregnancy was adorable and I felt really happy for them.
So yeah. I'm not feelin the ship, but that's the way it is supposed to be. It is going to take an aweful lot of convincing for me to believe they sti have a chance. Because it's an uphill battle to even get close to where they were.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:55 pm

I was kinda of annoyed with Booth too. But, I'm trying to see it from his view too. Brennan didn't contact him at all and it sort of seemed like he felt it was personal until she said she hadn't spoken to anyone. I can see why David said "he's trying to make her jealous" it certainly seemed like he was trying to hurt her for hurting him a little bit. That's how I read it, anyway. Except, I don't think Booth even realizes brennan has feelings.

I actually liked that he was bragging about Hannah. It was a bit too "hey, look at my trophy I won" rather than "hey, this is the love of my life." To me, he is trying to convince himself as much as everyone else.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:29 pm

That's good. I'm glad to hear that Booth is back...because I didn't like seeing him all sad and mopey last season. At least Hannah might give him some of his confidence and mojo back. I think we all kind of expected him to be act like this. He tries to convince himeslf that he's so in love and happy, but he'll realize that he can't move on/Brennan is the on/whatever. I also think that Brennan will come to terms with her feelings for him...but also think that once she realizes her feelings, she'll start to pull away from him because she's just know understanding what love is and she'll see that Booth and Hannah are so happy and in love, that they are so perfect for each other and she'll think about everything he's asaid about loev and relationships which will lead her brilliant, subconscious brain to calculate that "he obviously doesn't want me, he wants Hannah, so why should I pursue him?"...and even after Hannah leaves, I still don't think it will be easy for her to admit her feelings, but I also understand the counter argument. I still think Booth is hurt because Brennan rejected him...so I don't think he'll want to put his heart on the line again, even though he'll realize that she's the one. Just from all the posts that I've read, it seems as though Booth is kind of showing off Hannah to everyone and he's being kind of reserved and I haven't seen the episode yet, but I think it's more of him just trying to convince himself and everyone else that he's moved on and that he's purposely to distance himself from Brennan.

From everything that I've read, it seems like this was a good episode, the team was back together, but B&B's whole dynamic was just off. I understand that it has to be this way because of the sort of situation that the characters are in, but I really hope this doesn't last all season. I'm preparing myself for Hannah to be around all season (hope for the best, expect the worst)
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by anthropologystudent Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:34 pm

I love Booth but tonight he came across to me as kinda of a D-BAG like he was alittle on edge and I guess I can understand and see that but something was off. I am happy to have Booth back but I am just hoping that come the next couple of ep's he stops being on edge it seems to me like he is trying to hard.
anthropologystudent
anthropologystudent
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144
Say What You Want : "Plus que ma propre vie''
Registration date : 2010-08-19

https://www.facebook.com/ashley.m.simpson

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:47 pm

See, for me... I didn't get a "Booth's back" vibe... not yet. I hope they do take him there, but to say he was remotely close to kick *ss Booth yet... Naw, not for me. I still saw shadows of the puppy peaking out at me! [Only admins are allowed to see this image] I hope it's coming though, there was a glimpse or two of the tough guy, so fingers crossed.
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:49 pm

I haven't seen the premiere yet (and reading about what other posters think is really helpin me Wink) but what are all the subtle hints between Booth and Caroline and Booth and Sweets?
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:07 pm

With Booth and Caroline it's not really subtle, it's kinda obvious and BAM, in your face! LOL When Booth tells her about Hannah, he ALL ON HIS OWN mentions how Hannah doesn't have issues (obviously comparing to Brennan). I don't remember exact words, have to watch again. But it's clear that a man who's "over" 1 woman wouldn't be bringing up 'her issues' when talking about another, huh! :-) Caroline acts all "that's good" about it, but we all know she's pretty savvy and I think she sees through it. She later in the epi makes a comment about how they all came back for Cam, and she says to Booth and Bones "that IS why you came back, right?" Seems like she knows what's "going on" to me! [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:19 pm

gordongordonfan wrote:With Booth and Caroline it's not really subtle, it's kinda obvious and BAM, in your face! LOL When Booth tells her about Hannah, he ALL ON HIS OWN mentions how Hannah doesn't have issues (obviously comparing to Brennan). I don't remember exact words, have to watch again. But it's clear that a man who's "over" 1 woman wouldn't be bringing up 'her issues' when talking about another, huh! :-) Caroline acts all "that's good" about it, but we all know she's pretty savvy and I think she sees through it. She later in the epi makes a comment about how they all came back for Cam, and she says to Booth and Bones "that IS why you came back, right?" Seems like she knows what's "going on" to me! [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Thanks, gordongordon fan. I should wait and see it for myself, but just reading everyone's posts makes me feel a lot better. Wink hug I think I can survive this "Hannah" arch.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:38 pm

gordongordonfan wrote:With Booth and Caroline it's not really subtle, it's kinda obvious and BAM, in your face! LOL When Booth tells her about Hannah, he ALL ON HIS OWN mentions how Hannah doesn't have issues (obviously comparing to Brennan). I don't remember exact words, have to watch again. But it's clear that a man who's "over" 1 woman wouldn't be bringing up 'her issues' when talking about another, huh! :-) Caroline acts all "that's good" about it, but we all know she's pretty savvy and I think she sees through it. She later in the epi makes a comment about how they all came back for Cam, and she says to Booth and Bones "that IS why you came back, right?" Seems like she knows what's "going on" to me! [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Ouch.
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next