Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Guide-Booth has moved on, but is it for good?

+15
gordongordonfan
anthropologystudent
joybrennan
clair82
RubyRuby
tinkrella
jhi1005
katharine
jro54
recoveringbonesaddict
TinkonBrink
elyon
mereva
treble21
MI_Bonesgirl
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

TV Guide-Booth has moved on, but is it for good? Empty TV Guide-Booth has moved on, but is it for good?

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:48 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Nathan would not say how long Hannah will be an issue for Booth and Brennan, but he says that the show's writers aren't just thinking of ways to keep the couple apart.

This whole article had me Rolling Eyes Mad Suspect Suspect Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

TV Guide-Booth has moved on, but is it for good? Empty Re: TV Guide-Booth has moved on, but is it for good?

Post by treble21 Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:57 am

ok seriously why do the writers keep saying that Booth professed his love last season... The viewers know that's what Booth was getting at when he asked Brennan to give them a shot... but did Brennan know that?

We want to make this relationship unfold in a very real way," he says. "We don't want to force it, and we don't want to keep them apart in a very contrived way. The situations that keep them apart are going to be very real and will be circumstances that would keep any couple apart, even if they were in love. It's not going to be arbitrary.

Ummm I have no words for this. just a whole lot of WTF? First he says that they aren't actively looking for ways to keep B/B apart and then he says that B/B would be kept apart by "real" situations. Ummm no. I think most people would agree that the third party situation as a whole is contrived, so to say that anything to results from that will be real is just doubletalking.

They can get closer to each other, and they will get closer to each other," Nathan continues. "What the end result of that will be is still unknown, because we as writers have to follow that relationship as it naturally and organically unfolds. These are obviously two people that everyone feels should be together, and that's not lost on us."

This part made me feel a little less angry at SN..... a little.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

TV Guide-Booth has moved on, but is it for good? Empty Re: TV Guide-Booth has moved on, but is it for good?

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:02 am

IMO if they weren't just thinking of ways to keep B&B apart, they would have been together in S4-or at the very latest by the end of last season. I call BS on that entire article.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:16 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:IMO if they weren't just thinking of ways to keep B&B apart, they would have been together in S4-or at the very latest by the end of last season.
Exactly!
MI_Bonesgirl wrote:I call BS on that entire article.
Yup. It is.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:16 am

I call it BS too. The whole going off to Afghanistan thing was completely contrived and totally unbelievable. Does he really think that we believe some power beyond the writers is controlling the show and the writers are just taking dictation? Oh please. They have dragged this whole thing out so long that their time to pull it back together is getting shorter and shorter. This is an especially silly statement given that Hart has said he knows how they do get together and has even written a rough draft. So for SN to say they don't know where the road is leading is pretty disingenuous.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:22 am

This is another favorite of mine

"These are obviously two people that everyone feels should be together"
EVERYONE?? Hmmm isn't that what Hart has been arguing against all summer?

"and that's not lost on us"
Wouldn't that fall under "pandering to the audience"

MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:36 am

"We want to make this relationship unfold in a very real way," he says. "We don't want to force it, and we don't want to keep them apart in a very contrived way. The situations that keep them apart are going to be very real and will be circumstances that would keep any couple apart, even if they were in love. It's not going to be arbitrary."

OK if he really means that this season is going to be one contrived situation after another just to keep B&B apart, they've run out of ideas and the show has run out of time. My opinion, obviously.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkonBrink Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:40 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:This is another favorite of mine

"These are obviously two people that everyone feels should be together"
EVERYONE?? Hmmm isn't that what Hart has been arguing against all summer?

"and that's not lost on us"
Wouldn't that fall under "pandering to the audience"

Exactly! Mad

Also, it makes me wonder...HH has said that they don't really like doing the serial killer arcs through the season/s. The Gormogon plot never really excited me...and we lost Zach out of it (Thanx for that one!) Diggy is one exception. Yet here we go again with another serial killer type this season EvilBooth the Sneaky Sniper! Razz Coz the network says that the audience love serial killer arcs!...Which begs the question...Do the network know that most of us want Booth & Brennan together? I'm assuming that they do (unless they live in a cave) So they are quite prepared to stall on two people getting together and havin' a little love...but go right ahead with the maiming and the killing and the random acts of violence!!! loco Whatever happend to make love not war?
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 652
Say What You Want : A Reporter sat under a Fig Tree one night,
"Where art thou Booth?" She said.
The lightning went Flash!
The tree went Crash!
And squashed the Reporter quite dead.
*Sigh* Isn't poetry lovely?
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://twitter.com/TinkonBrink/

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:42 am

treble21 wrote:

They can get closer to each other, and they will get closer to each other," Nathan continues. "What the end result of that will be is still unknown, because we as writers have to follow that relationship as it naturally and organically unfolds. These are obviously two people that everyone feels should be together, and that's not lost on us."

This part made me feel a little less angry at SN..... a little.

Nathan is fooling himself. The writers will respond to the overnights (ratings).

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:42 am

elyon wrote:"We want to make this relationship unfold in a very real way," he says. "We don't want to force it, and we don't want to keep them apart in a very contrived way. The situations that keep them apart are going to be very real and will be circumstances that would keep any couple apart, even if they were in love. It's not going to be arbitrary."

OK if he really means that this season is going to be one contrived situation after another just to keep B&B apart, they've run out of ideas and the show has run out of time. My opinion, obviously.

That's because they are still banking on will they/won't they. They think they can hold onto that until the series comes to an end. They will mark their place in TV history all right-the BONES curse-drag a stroyline out to the point that is unbelievable and pound your show into the ground in the process.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:26 am

Yeah...I agree with other people have said. This article is so full of BS. First, SN says,"...but he says that the show's writers aren't just thinking of ways to keep the couple apart."...and then he says, "We want to make this relationship unfold in a very real way," he says. "We don't want to force it, and we don't want to keep them apart in a very contrived way. The situations that keep them apart are going to be very real and will be circumstances that would keep any couple apart, even if they were in love. It's not going to be arbitrary."

I really don't what to think right now.

jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:50 am

I haven't read the article just you guys posts and I can already tell that the article is a last ditch attempt at PR for the upcoming season.

They are probably a teeeeeeeeny bit worried about their ratings and hoping they have pissed off too many fans, so they put out this little bit of PR to reign us all in.

I love this show and I don't want to knock people I don't know (writing staff) , but it just seems like they need an influx of new writers with some guts to stand up to the TV curses and give it a try. I loved the angst and tension and longing that they have built up for about 4 years, then poof.......we hit staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall tactics.
They are sitting in a corner saying help us get out.
I could be wrong and after I watch this season I could be saying - yeah this has helped them both out of their shells and they will be better in the long run for it. That is what I am hoping.
I will save absolute judgement till around November or December.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:16 am

katharine wrote:I haven't read the article just you guys posts and I can already tell that the article is a last ditch attempt at PR for the upcoming season.

They are probably a teeeeeeeeny bit worried about their ratings and hoping they have pissed off too many fans, so they put out this little bit of PR to reign us all in.

I love this show and I don't want to knock people I don't know (writing staff) , but it just seems like they need an influx of new writers with some guts to stand up to the TV curses and give it a try. I loved the angst and tension and longing that they have built up for about 4 years, then poof.......we hit staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall tactics.
They are sitting in a corner saying help us get out.
I could be wrong and after I watch this season I could be saying - yeah this has helped them both out of their shells and they will be better in the long run for it. That is what I am hoping.
I will save absolute judgement till around November or December.

I agree. After watching an interview with Hart, I started thinking that maybe Hannah was just part of their plot to bring B&B closer together...because he actually said that B&B belong together..but after reading this article, I really don't know what to think anymore. I still think that B&B will end up together, I'm just wondering WTF are the writers thinking. Are just going to keep putting roablocks in the way until this show is so unrecognizable...but we can never really know what the writers are thinking. Hart could be thinking about getting B&B together right now or he could be thinking of more fun ways to keep them apart...so I'll think I will save my judgement.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by jhi1005 Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:25 am

ITA with the corner analogy, and I hope TPTB realize that they're teetering on the edge with this season-so far most fans have accepted the roadblocks that have been put up (even if they've disliked them). But, with each successive roadblock, they're stretching every viewer's credibility a little bit more, and there is a point where it will snap for most people.

This season could be brilliant and reaffirm the loyalty that fans have had for the show for so long, or it could make viewers give up-all depends on how they play it out, and I agree that I don't want to make a judgement before it airs.

I just want HH & SN to understand that even the most loyal of fans can lose patience and they should avoid pushing people to make that decision by dragging out a storyline.

So fingers crossed!

jhi1005
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:55 am

I really don't what to say about this article except WTF? I do think it's interesting that SN says, ""What the end result of that will be is still unknown, because we as writers have to follow that relationship as it naturally and organically unfolds"...but HH tweeted: "We aren't afraid. We have a plan and we're sticking to it. We are telling our story our way. We don't emulate anyone" and he also supposedly said that he knows how B&B get together. Now, I would be the first one to say that HH is covering his ass...but ever since I saw an excerpt of him saying that B&B belong together, I'm not as mad at him anymore...but could SN really just be talking in circles just to make fans confused? confused...because first he says that the shows writer's aren't actively looking to keep B&B apart...and then he says, "we don't want to keep them apart in a very contrived way."
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:17 am

What I honestly think is Hart has the last half of the series planned out. I believe he has every intention of putting them together, and has the support of both David and Emily with having them together-at the end. The problem is he doesn't know when the end is, and is afraid of the pressure of trying to make B&B work. There is a huge disconnect with where we are right now, and what his vision of the end of the show is. This is why I believe Hannah will be around all season. He will milk this storyline as long as he can. The problem with that is by the time the milk cow is dry, the cash cow (audience) will have left for greener pastures.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:24 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:What I honestly think is Hart has the last half of the series planned out. I believe he has every intention of putting them together, and has the support of both David and Emily with having them together-at the end. The problem is he doesn't know when the end is, and is afraid of the pressure of trying to make B&B work. There is a huge disconnect with where we are right now, and what his vision of the end of the show is. This is why I believe Hannah will be around all season. He will milk this storyline as long as he can. The problem with that is by the time the milk cow is dry, the cash cow (audience) will have left for greener pastures.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. Although, I'm still not sure if Hannah will be around all season just because maybe it's just me, but GD and the sniper is going to be emotionally traumatizing for the team and Booth, especially the sniper...so I just can't see all that happening all while little miss bubbly, wonderful Hannah is bouncing around and writing a story about GD or the sniper. Probably 1/2-2/3 of the season.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:32 am

I still don't think she will be around all season. There will be no place for her after awhile. I'm thinking winter sweeps at the latest. but ah well. that issues been argued to death. I guess we'll see how it plays out.

This article is a classic example of why we should take everything with a grain of salt. He basically contradicted everything Hart has said. To be honest, the only things I believe from show runners is stuff they say after the fact. Like...explaining an episode after it's aired.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:36 am

What really irks me is we will probably get more
episodes of Booth/Hannah then we will ever get with B&B as a couple.

I had the thouht thatthe sniper arc might be where Miss Hannah goes bye-bye. Emily keeps saying Brennan might be the one killed (as if) but what if her life is seriously in danger? That would cause Booth to really dig into his true feelings about Brennan.
Bingo bango Brenna loves Booth and Booth loves Brennan but they still haven't told each other. Oh look it's the end of yet another season with no resolution and really no forward movement
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:42 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:What really irks me is we will probably get more

I had the thouht thatthe sniper arc might be where Miss Hannah goes bye-bye. Emily keeps saying Brennan might be the one killed (as if) but what if her life is seriously in danger? That would cause Booth to really dig into his true feelings about Brennan.
Bingo bango Brenna loves Booth and Booth loves Brennan but they still haven't told each other. Oh look it's the end of yet another season with no resolution and really no forward movement

Nope. And I'm really getting tired of hearing that they will be together eventually. They can't dangle that in front of people and just expect them to long for it forever. Another recent article said that the relationship we will see is going to be quite platonic. Sniggers...yeah becasue I was watching for five years for this very moment of platonicity.
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:44 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:What really irks me is we will probably get more

That's some movement. I don't think that this the season, unless they don't get renewed...but at least B&B will know that they love each other, even though they won't tell each other Rolling Eyes. Still, it's better than nothing. There one step closer to becoming a couple as they were last year...when Brennan wasn't willing to risk their relationship and personally, I don't think Booth really knew she was the one.

...and I could see the sniper as being the end of Hannah. I don't mean she's going to be the victim, but perhaps because Brennan is in danger, which cause Booth to realize that he hasn't completely moved on and he will "torpedo" the relationship cheers...or maybe she'll leave even before that, if were lucky. Rolling Eyes
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:06 am

Actually it's the same amount of movement as the S4 finale. And they reeled that back in, so as long as the words "I love you" are never spoken directly between B&B to each other TPTB can continue to play the will they/won't they card with no real forward progress. Then all of a sudden 1 day in the last 6 episodes of the final season they will run to each other and say it at the same time.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by clair82 Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:14 am

We want to make this relationship unfold in a very real way," he says. "We don't want to force it, and we don't want to keep them apart in a very contrived way. The situations that keep them apart are going to be very real and will be circumstances that would keep any couple apart, even if they were in love. It's not going to be arbitrary.

Ummm I have no words for this. just a whole lot of WTF? First he says that they aren't actively looking for ways to keep B/B apart and then he says that B/B would be kept apart by "real" situations. Ummm no. I think most people would agree that the third party situation as a whole is contrived, so to say that anything to results from that will be real is just doubletalking.

I think at this point in the interview, he is talking about Booth and Hannah, not Booth and Brennan. Which I think puts a different spin on the article
Very Happy

clair82
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 38
Say What You Want : Everybody poops. They even wrote a book about it...
Registration date : 2010-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:20 am

Brennan always had feelings for Booth, but she has been in a coma of denial for the past 6 years, so she finally going to wake up and possibly be able to admit that she loves Booth and actually think about possibly taking that risk in their relationship. To me, that's a big leap from last year. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by jro54 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:27 am

clair82 wrote:

I think at this point in the interview, he is talking about Booth and Hannah, not Booth and Brennan. Which I think puts a different spin on the article
Very Happy

Ummm...he was definitely talking about Booth and Brennan loco...because it wouldn't make sense if he was talking about Booth and Hannah. The show is all about their relationship, how they have emphasis their relationship so much and how they can keep them apart for as long as possible. Hannah is just the roadblock between B&B.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next