Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S6E07 "The Babe in the Bar" sides

+15
Evil Monkey
DoctorB
RubyRuby
boneslover2
mommahurley
mereva
Beliskner
SouthunLady
Lorna Doone
joybrennan
tinkrella
treble21
bailey
jro54
elyon
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

S6E07 "The Babe in the Bar" sides - Page 3 Empty Re: S6E07 "The Babe in the Bar" sides

Post by Evil Monkey Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:09 pm

mommahurley wrote:So then this thread gets highjacked again by the same ole same ole...

Insults and threats and the same statements over and over again! ugh..it's just getting so old as to be totally boring.

We really need some new shows so we can actually talk about something other than crossing arms over chest stomping feet and pouting!

I've had enough of that raising kids! lol.

This is EXACTLY how I feel a lot about these types of side threads.
Evil Monkey
Evil Monkey
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

S6E07 "The Babe in the Bar" sides - Page 3 Empty Re: S6E07 "The Babe in the Bar" sides

Post by bailey Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:29 pm

joybrennan wrote:I hope that whole, "he killed her because he loved her thing" gets explained as NOT being love. That is about obsession, power, and control. I can't imagine that's what Booth thinks love is. No THAT, would be VERY disturbing. If it is was he thinks...maybe this journey isn't about Brennan's realizations - kind of like year was said to be all about Booth. After his initial ephiphany, Brennan's the one with all the realizations - while Booth moped and looked puppy-eyed. Rolling Eyes So now it's BRENNAN whose ephiphany will open the season ( and not tell Booth to Booth - like he didn't tell her last year.) and BOOTH who will have all the realizations about what love is and isn't.

Then - after he breaks it off with raghag, because he realizes he never actually loved her - he was infatuated, and that the only TRUE love he's ever had is for Brennan. Raghag then tries to kill Booth (she "loved" him so she had to kill him Twisted Evil ) and in the processes kills Cam or Wendall. Brennan takes Raghag out. Leaving us with B&B grieving the loss of one of their own and Booth filled with self-loathing, anger and self-doubt. How could he not see behind the sweetness that the woman was a psychopath? Worse, of course is probably the only one whom eventually realized something was off will have been Brennan. Who now thinks Booth hates her because she killed his psycho girlfriend. As penance for his "sins" Booth informs everyone he is quitting the FBI to become a monk. Brennan finds out they may have the bones of a Yeti and is heading for the Himalayas. She promises Booth that this time she'll write. End season six. Laughing

Oh, Joy, I know we disagree on a lot of things ... even this post (I'm sure there'll be a lot more to that line in the sides). But this made me laugh out loud. And I needed that after the bad day I've had. Thank you. hug

bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:55 pm

@ evilmonkey - you know, that line in the sides just REALLY disturbed me. So I went silly instead of serious for a change. So, here's the serious version. The idea of promoting the idea that you would kill the one you love is NOT a good idea. Worse they have BOOTH saying it? THAT'S supposed to be teaching Brennan about love? I'm hoping he'll be refuting it right after but apparently you can't tell from the sides.

If that line stands as is, then clearly Booth's as clueless as Brennan was about love and has things to learn. I can't imagine HH would be irresponsible enough to have Booth say that without some kind of payoff down the line about just how wrong that idea is: hence the scenario. As for the Yeti, well...they always send Brennan someplace warm, thought it would be a nice change...Ok, ok, I just threw that in because the idea of Brennan chasing after a Yeti just cracks me up. Laughing Very Happy
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:13 pm

I don't think the "He killed her because he loved her" line in the sides is any reference to Hannah or Brennan...but I could be wrong. We'll just have to wait and see how it's delievered...but I think the line has to do with Brennan's education about love. That seems to be an ongoing theme season.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:36 pm

jro54 wrote:I don't think the "He killed her because he loved her" line in the sides is any reference to Hannah or Brennan...but I could be wrong. We'll just have to wait and see how it's delievered...but I think the line has to do with Brennan's education about love. That seems to be an ongoing theme season.

I didn't say it it referenced either of them. scratch In fact, it's the idea of that line BEING USED TO EDUCATE BRENNAN ABOUT LOVE that is so disturbing. Stalkers, men who end up killing their wivies in domestic violence incidents - that's the kind of reasoning they use. It's not romantic, and it's certainly NOTHING to do with love. That is is EDUCATING Brennan is loco - I'm gonna go with Bailey on this one (don't faint Very Happy). There has to be something after that line that counters or explains why those words are coming out of Booth's mouth. Neutral
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:39 pm

joybrennan wrote:
jro54 wrote:I don't think the "He killed her because he loved her" line in the sides is any reference to Hannah or Brennan...but I could be wrong. We'll just have to wait and see how it's delievered...but I think the line has to do with Brennan's education about love. That seems to be an ongoing theme season.

I didn't say it it referenced either of them. scratch In fact, it's the idea of that line BEING USED TO EDUCATE BRENNAN ABOUT LOVE that is so disturbing. Stalkers, men who end up killing their wivies in domestic violence incidents - that's the kind of reasoning they use. It's not romantic, and it's certainly NOTHING to do with love. That is is EDUCATING Brennan is loco - I'm gonna go with Bailey on this one (don't faint Very Happy). There has to be something after that line that counters or explains why those words are coming out of Booth's mouth. Neutral

yeah it's disturbing and IF that is the line I'm with you in the anger department, but I agree with bailey I think there is more to that scene than just that line, I can't imagine Booth thinking that was love.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:55 pm

joybrennan wrote:

My post wan't directed to you. IDK...but I agree with you, Bailey, and Treble. I'm sure there is something more to this...because I can't see Booth using that to explain love.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:37 pm

elyon wrote:
jro54 wrote:@Elyon I don't know. Do you mean like what SN says is true or they are jusy leading us on?

Sorry, Jro, just being snarky about the whole thing. I know that the only ones who know the Bones future are the inner circle who apparently believe hardcore fans aren't 'normal'. It is pretty short-sighted to slight the people whose watching habits keep their show on t.v. in the first place. This whole argument about the writers don't have to listen to the fans isn't quite accurate. No fans = no show. Just sounding off.

To be fair..HH never said that the really vocal fans aren't normal...or aren't important...or aren't considered ...rather, he said, they don't necessarily represent the opinion of the majority of fans...and that they do take into account the opinions of fans, They do extensive investigation and fact finding , through many means, not just online forums, to find out what the overall impression is of "the majority" of the fandom.

And I do get that you're feeling snarky...I get like that sometimes too. At the beginning of summer,,,I was really annoyed and feeling snarky!!!

I think it works kind of like the stages of greif. First disbelief/denial...We just refuse to believe things are what we fear they might be... Then comes bargaining...where we try to come up with alternate theories that something might mean...and we talk ourselves off the edge..we write the showrunners and plead and beg for them to listen to us... Next comes Anger... We're mad and we're gonna hurt you cause you disappointed us. We're gonna take our stuff and leave. We hope you fail cause then you'll see we were right! Next comes sadness... where we really deal with what we now realize has happened...things really arent' going to happen our way. We're sad and depressed, or bored, or just don't care. Then comes acceptance... we realize that we still love the show, and just cause it's not what we hoped, were gonna wait and see and make the best of it...and after all, maybe they will surprise us and please us after all. Finally we are ready to try again...we risk the disappointment and actually begin to get excited and anticipate what the future may bring, becuase we just never know what's around the next bend int he road...We've healed.

I'm at the final stage...I've accepted it, I've given over the reins of control, I'm open and anticipatory of the new season. Others may still be at different varying stages... but overall I think that anyone who comes on here and spends as much times as we all do talking about it...is going to stick with it until they no longer care. And that will be a quiet leave taking...just forgetting to come back here...moving on to other things... As long as people are still greiving, regardless of the stage..they are still engaged. And that's painful...but it's a good thing for the show...so it's good!

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:14 pm

mommahurley wrote:
elyon wrote:
jro54 wrote:@Elyon I don't know. Do you mean like what SN says is true or they are jusy leading us on?

Sorry, Jro, just being snarky about the whole thing. I know that the only ones who know the Bones future are the inner circle who apparently believe hardcore fans aren't 'normal'. It is pretty short-sighted to slight the people whose watching habits keep their show on t.v. in the first place. This whole argument about the writers don't have to listen to the fans isn't quite accurate. No fans = no show. Just sounding off.

To be fair..HH never said that the really vocal fans aren't normal...or aren't important...or aren't considered ...rather, he said, they don't necessarily represent the opinion of the majority of fans...and that they do take into account the opinions of fans, They do extensive investigation and fact finding , through many means, not just online forums, to find out what the overall impression is of "the majority" of the fandom.

And I do get that you're feeling snarky...I get like that sometimes too. At the beginning of summer,,,I was really annoyed and feeling snarky!!!

I think it works kind of like the stages of greif. First disbelief/denial...We just refuse to believe things are what we fear they might be... Then comes bargaining...where we try to come up with alternate theories that something might mean...and we talk ourselves off the edge..we write the showrunners and plead and beg for them to listen to us... Next comes Anger... We're mad and we're gonna hurt you cause you disappointed us. We're gonna take our stuff and leave. We hope you fail cause then you'll see we were right! Next comes sadness... where we really deal with what we now realize has happened...things really arent' going to happen our way. We're sad and depressed, or bored, or just don't care. Then comes acceptance... we realize that we still love the show, and just cause it's not what we hoped, were gonna wait and see and make the best of it...and after all, maybe they will surprise us and please us after all. Finally we are ready to try again...we risk the disappointment and actually begin to get excited and anticipate what the future may bring, becuase we just never know what's around the next bend int he road...We've healed.

I'm at the final stage...I've accepted it, I've given over the reins of control, I'm open and anticipatory of the new season. Others may still be at different varying stages... but overall I think that anyone who comes on here and spends as much times as we all do talking about it...is goiMong to stick with it until they no longer care. And that will be a quiet leave taking...just forgetting to come back here...moving on to other things... As long as people are still greiving, regardless of the stage..they are still engaged. And that's painful...but it's a good thing for the show...so it's good!
MODERATOR MOMENT

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Folks, let's try not to derail here. Laughing
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by kat0505 Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:09 pm

jro54 wrote:They are going to keep Hannah around for along as possible to accumulate the storyline. She is perfect. She’s wonderful. She’s warm. She’s open with her emotions. She’s someone that Booth could be with for 30, 40 or 50 years…but Booth and Brennan belong together. This whole show is about their relationship, their bond…and no other character is going to break that. I don’t think they will go running into each other’s arms after she leaves, but I’m sure Hannah will somehow bring B&B closer together. Booth is going to realize that Hannah is perfect for him and that she’s someone that he could see being with 30, 40, or 50 years, but what he feels for her doesn’t surpass what he feels for his Bones…and Brennan will come to terms with her feelings for him. (yep, I have no doubt that this will happen) SN said that Booth will "torpedoe" his relationship with Hannah. I don't always believe everything SN says and I really don't believe that we are going to "love" Hannah, but what he says does make sense..so I'm thinking that Booth will do or not do something that makes Hannah will realize the type of relationship B&B have and that she’s the third party and leave him (because we are going to “love” her) I’m sure things will be little awkward after she leaves. I’m not expecting for them to just run into each other’s arms. I don’t think they will even tell her how they feel.

I was thinking about all of this and if I was Brennan I think B&H would let me start to think that I also could have had that with Booth.
And the more she watches them together and being happy and all, she will be regretting her "no" more day by day. To me that's why HH and SN are saying that we will like Hannah. Who knows it's indeed Hannah who will tell Booth that Brennan is in love with him?? I also would notice if some other woman that I know would be having a crush on my own husband.
I just saw some premiere clips, longer versions of the promos we already saw and I'm really excited for the premiere now. I think it's gonna be quite funny at times and I've already seen the look on Brennan's face when he tells her about Hannah and that it's very serious to him. So, I think a lot will happen this season.
kat0505
kat0505
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by a_rangergrl2 Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:58 am

treble21 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:

yeah it's disturbing and IF that is the line I'm with you in the anger department, but I agree with bailey I think there is more to that scene than just that line, I can't imagine Booth thinking that was love.

The lines are:
Brennan: He killed her because he loved her?
Booth: He fell in love with a fake. When he found out, he couldn’t handle it.

He killed her because she deceived him.
a_rangergrl2
a_rangergrl2
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:45 am

a_rangergrl2 wrote:
treble21 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:

The lines are:

OK, this^ is not helping. Like, REALLY? If someone isn't what you thought you have the right to KILL them? Shocked

There BETTER be more. pale Even if HH is using it to foreshadow the fate of Hannah - that better not stand as being a choice out of having been in love. You fight, you break up, sure. You KILL them? Evil or Very Mad
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:53 am

^ I haven't read the sides Joy, but does Booth imply somehow that it's OK that someone was murdered for being deceitful, or is it just that line? cause if that's all it is, I can see Booth just saying that was the killers motivation ( he usually always talks about the killers motivation) , not that he thinks it's ok.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:27 am

treble21 wrote:^ I haven't read the sides Joy, but does Booth imply somehow that it's OK that someone was murdered for being deceitful, or is it just that line? cause if that's all it is, I can see Booth just saying that was the killers motivation ( he usually always talks about the killers motivation) , not that he thinks it's ok.

I think that is exactly what it is Treble...Booth explaining to Brennan the killers motivation, not that he approves it....we know Booth is always big into the "why" of things. I think it's just another case of blowing a tiny little tidbit way out of proportion...

And treble, we don't know if there is anything more to it because that was the end of the sides...but it was the first lines of a conversation that Booth and Brennan were having while walking to FF, I'm assuming for their post case drink...

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by a_rangergrl2 Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:46 am

joybrennan wrote:
a_rangergrl2 wrote:
treble21 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:

The lines are:

OK, this^ is not helping. Like, REALLY? If someone isn't what you thought you have the right to KILL them? Shocked

There BETTER be more. pale Even if HH is using it to foreshadow the fate of Hannah - that better not stand as being a choice out of having been in love. You fight, you break up, sure. You KILL them? Evil or Very Mad

Well she also was a spy for a rival candy maker and took his recipes - so she also destroyed his business. How are you reading this as someone saying that it's ok to kill someone because of deceit? Booth is simply clarifying motivation for the killer - not endorsing it. Understanding why someone does something isn't the same as excusing it.
a_rangergrl2
a_rangergrl2
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by a_rangergrl2 Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:53 am

I see some possible projecting by Brennan in these sides as her maybe seeing herself as Geneva, Booth as Lawrence and Hannah as Harriett. But if that's true then it looks more like the first indication of jealousy on Brennan's part that we have seen, not a foreshadowing of what happens to Hannah. I don't see any reason to believe Hannah's anything other than the real deal, although maybe there is a point where Brennan doesn't believe that.
a_rangergrl2
a_rangergrl2
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Evil Monkey Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:41 am

joybrennan wrote:
a_rangergrl2 wrote:
treble21 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:

The lines are:

He's explaining why the guy did it. He's not saying he approves of it. There's a difference.
Evil Monkey
Evil Monkey
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:38 am

treble21 wrote:^ I haven't read the sides Joy, but does Booth imply somehow that it's OK that someone was murdered for being deceitful, or is it just that line? cause if that's all it is, I can see Booth just saying that was the killers motivation ( he usually always talks about the killers motivation) , not that he thinks it's ok.

Thanks treble21. I know I have sensitivity in this area. When I saw then promoting the ep as Booth teaches Brennan about love and then hit that line, the juxtaposition of ideas probably set me off. I'm sure Booth. will go on to say that his explanation was how the perp was thinking - and that his behavior shows it wasn't love at all. He'll probably go on about trust, honesty - you know normal Booth. I love you I guess because IMO they've screwed around with his character so much in the last year, anything seems possible. Rolling Eyes
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:49 am

a_rangergrl2 wrote:

I see some possible projecting by Brennan in these sides as her maybe seeing herself as Geneva, Booth as Lawrence and Hannah as Harriett. But if that's true then it looks more like the first indication of jealousy on Brennan's part that we have seen, not a foreshadowing of what happens to Hannah. I don't see any reason to believe Hannah's anything other than the real deal, although maybe there is a point where Brennan doesn't believe that.

The RagHag later turning out not to be what she seems have been spoiler tidbits from HH and David - of course, I should probably discount David. Razz Whether it's true - [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:12 am

joybrennan wrote:

Thanks treble21. I know I have sensitivity in this area. When I saw then promoting the ep as Booth teaches Brennan about love and then hit that line, the juxtaposition of ideas probably set me off. I'm sure Booth. will go on to say that his explanation was how the perp was thinking - and that his behavior shows it wasn't love at all. He'll probably go on about trust, honesty - you know normal Booth. I love you I guess because IMO they've screwed around with his character so much in the last year, anything seems possible. Rolling Eyes

You know I'm the one that first said this was part of Brennan's education on love but I didn't neccesarily mean it the way it was taken. I'm not saying Booth was promoting that this was all right, or that this was what love was actually about ... but perhaps he is trying to explain that sometimes people do things like this when they think they're in love, when in reality it's obsession (as you said earlier Joy).

Because I can see the wheels in Brennan's head going, "Wait, but he loved her, why'd he kill her?"

And Booth explaining, "Yea, he loved her Bones, but he wasn't a good person, he snapped, he had mental issues and that is not what normally happens when you love someone. It doesn't mean you shouldn't give someone a chance, in most cases they aren't actually going to kill you."

Does that make sense???
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ReginaPhalange Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:17 am

I think the line is simply trying to indicate the nature of deception in love (not endorsing murder in any way).

I see it as Booth indicating to the audience that on some level he's deceiving himself that he can be happy with Hannah when we know Bones is the only one for him.

I wouldn't take it any farther than that. [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Last edited by ReginaPhalange on Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total
ReginaPhalange
ReginaPhalange
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:11 am

ReginaPhalange wrote:I think the line is simply trying to indicate the nature of deception in love (not endorsing murder in any way).

I see it as Booth indicating to the audience that on some level he's deceiving himself that he can be happy with Catherine when we know Bones is the only one for him.

I wouldn't take it any farther than that. [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

who is Catherine? did you mean Hannah?
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ReginaPhalange Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:02 am

Whoops! Yep - I meant Hannah. Can't keep all of Booth's women straight. [Only admins are allowed to see this image] I fixed the post!
ReginaPhalange
ReginaPhalange
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3