Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

+28
tinge1990
Lo
Evil Monkey
geraghtyvl
MorWeb
RubyRuby
ReginaPhalange
the beaver1965
crzy4bones
mereva
MI_Bonesgirl
tinkrella
Chocolate Chip
future_anthro
bones fan 99
joybrennan
katharine
anthropologystudent
StephyJ_83
MoonlightGardenias
jjrobinson73
DoctorB
jro54
jhi1005
bugaboo628
dreamerktm411
treble21
bailey
32 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep" - Page 2 Empty Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by treble21 Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:04 pm

^ Not to get anyone's hopes up but maybe he doesn't have a girlfriend in this episode.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep" - Page 2 Empty Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by jjrobinson73 Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:05 pm

Looks like we have a jealous Booth and Brennan is flaunting it for a boy toy. LOL!! The sides are good. Nothing scary in them...unless you count a bitchy Cam and a pissy Daisy...oh, and a DRUNK sweets! LOL!!

Jenn
jjrobinson73
jjrobinson73
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2010-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:07 pm

treble21 wrote:^ Not to get anyone's hopes up but maybe he doesn't have a girlfriend in this episode.

Maybe, but the way HH, SN and ED talked about it, it seemed like Brennan would comes to terms with her feelings and have "her change of heart" about Booth, while he still with Hannah...because they always talk about how she has to accept that she loves him even he's with someone else. scratch
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:09 pm

bailey wrote:
jro54 wrote:
DoctorB wrote:If Booth is still with Hannah in this ep his protective/jealous act with Brennan is so not ok with me. Dude, you have a girlfriend, and it's not Bones, you have no right to be jealous and have no right to say "this is not ok with me". Seriously?

I agree. I think it's perfectly fine for Brennan to check out some guy...and Booth has no right to be jealous because he has a girlfriend.

Well with any luck he won't have a girlfriend by this point. Lol

To be fair to Booth, he is mostly commenting on the whole age difference thing. He also is uncomfortable with the women that are flirting with Sweets.

These are just sides, I think we gotta be careful jumping to strong conculsions with only a fraction of the story.

Yeah true... but what fun are spoilers without some speculation?? Wink

IMO, Booth has zero claim or right to give an opinion on who Brennan flirts with, seeing as he is the one making out with his GF right in front of her Rolling Eyes Who does he think he is? He doesn't own her, that much he has made clear by moving on with someone else.

But then obviously it does depend on how the scene plays out on screen. Still, I don't think Booth has any right to comment when he is in a relationship. Unless of course he and Barbie have broken up, which IMO I think is doubtful by ep five.

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:17 pm

Like you guys I remain hopeful but not too overly optimistic. I mean, Hannah *might* be gone at this point (because wasn't there some reference in the sides an episode or two ago about how she wasn't there/she had her story to work on?). Something. Anyway, it's perfectly normal even if he WAS dating someone else for him to be protective of Brennan because well, she's his Bones. Nothing can change that. But for him to actually voice those thoughts? Yeah. You can't do that unless you know, he's actually free to do so.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:29 pm

Well, we'll see how it goes. We won't eveything until we see the episode. If Booth is still with Hannah...And he's just jealous because Brennan is flirting with the boy toy, than he has no right to get jealous, especially if he makes out with his GF in front of her (but from the promos, it looks like Hannah made the move to kiss him and he kind of hesitates a little bit) B&B are not in a committed relationship, so they can date and flirt with whoever they want...but to be honest, I kind a like that he's still being a little protective/jealous over Brennan because that means he still cares.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:31 pm

MoonlightGardenias wrote:Like you guys I remain hopeful but not too overly optimistic. I mean, Hannah *might* be gone at this point (because wasn't there some reference in the sides an episode or two ago about how she wasn't there/she had her story to work on?). Something. Anyway, it's perfectly normal even if he WAS dating someone else for him to be protective of Brennan because well, she's his Bones. Nothing can change that. But for him to actually voice those thoughts? Yeah. You can't do that unless you know, he's actually free to do so.

IMO, he has a GF, he shouldn't be having those thoughts and he certainly has no right to say them out loud. Of course, like you said, he will always be jealous when it comes to Bones, but that's only further proof that this SOB storyline is ridiculous loco

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:32 pm

jro54 wrote:But to be honest, I kind a like that he's still being a little protective/jealous over Brennan because that means he still cares.

Me too Very Happy Although I am torn between still being cranky with Booth and being happy that he still cares about Brennan in one way or the other.

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by StephyJ_83 Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:32 pm

I like the sides on this one - sounds like it will be a funny one.

Is it bad of me to say, though, that I'm kinda disappointed that this isn't the Brennan Murder ep? scratch
StephyJ_83
StephyJ_83

Number of posts : 10
Say What You Want : I'm a geek like that...
Registration date : 2010-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:34 pm

StephyJ_83 wrote:I like the sides on this one - sounds like it will be a funny one.

Is it bad of me to say, though, that I'm kinda disappointed that this isn't the Brennan Murder ep? scratch

nope. we are all anxiously awaiting that episode
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:34 pm

StephyJ_83 wrote:I like the sides on this one - sounds like it will be a funny one.

No, it's not. I'm a little dissapointed too. "The Brennan centric" episode and the sniper arch are the two highlights of this season for me.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamerktm411 Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:39 pm

Though this ep seems funny and everything, I kind of miss the intensity and more serious atmosphere of the episodes in season 1. Sad Sometimes the funnier episodes are a little too cheesy for me- not to mention, they contain awkward Brennan moments that literally make me cringe.
dreamerktm411
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1255
Say What You Want : "I hope you find something that just changes the entire notion of what it means to be human."
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by StephyJ_83 Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:56 pm

dreamerktm411 wrote:Though this ep seems funny and everything, I kind of miss the intensity and more serious atmosphere of the episodes in season 1. Sad Sometimes the funnier episodes are a little too cheesy for me- not to mention, they contain awkward Brennan moments that literally make me cringe.
Yeah, I do like the heavier episodes too. I like when there is a nice balance. Heavy one week, then the next week kind of light to give a break.
What surprises me is that Sweets is doing all the talking about being in the foster system, but Brennan was in the system too. That doesn't really get addressed anymore, and I'd like to have that come up more.

[side note that is off topic: is my signature showing up to any of you, cause it's not showing up for me...]
StephyJ_83
StephyJ_83

Number of posts : 10
Say What You Want : I'm a geek like that...
Registration date : 2010-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by jjrobinson73 Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:16 pm

Jro, I totally agree with you!! The only thing keeping me going for S6, and not flaking out is that HH has tweeted, and it sounds so good, about the Brennan centric epi, and then the sniper arc with someone getting killed. I like the fact that the SP is angst free too!!! So, there are something to look forward too.

StephyJ...I thought the same thing too..why is Sweets all of a sudden talking about his time in the Foster system. He was adopted. To me it seems like they are using this story line of the foster system WAY to much with their chacaters. Find some other flaw in Sweets. B/c we went down the whole commiserating with the Foster Kids with Brenann and the shoe from the Boy in the Shroud.

Btw...from the sides, this episode seems to center a lot on Sweets. I can't wait to see the whole drunk scene. LOL!!

Jenn
jjrobinson73
jjrobinson73
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2010-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by anthropologystudent Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:42 pm

I actually really liked that he said "He wasn't ok with that"
It was cute the way I read it Smile this Ep sounds like a really fun one I wonder why Cam is soo bitchy!
anthropologystudent
anthropologystudent
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144
Say What You Want : "Plus que ma propre vie''
Registration date : 2010-08-19

https://www.facebook.com/ashley.m.simpson

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:54 pm

I thought it seemed like it might be an interesting story -

Death on a Cougar Cruise.

Sweets gets drunk and we find out he was a foster kid. We knew he was adopted but don't think we knew about the foster system for him.

Booth gets pissed because a boy toy is flirting with Brennan and she is flirting, well in her way, back at him.

Daisy wants to ask Hodgins a personal question, his response is that he has a pregnant wife and some other stuff... so they must have let the cat out of the bag by then.

Besides that I didn't learn too much.

And yes, no mention of Hanah.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:17 pm

I may actually watch this. sunny This is the best thing I've seen about B&B thus far. It's funny, light, and looks like it balances out the score from the Raghag stuff a bit. Balance is a good thing. At least we don't have a pinning Brennan. Laughing - shallow yes, but also deep...great title. Yeah, this might be my first ep of the season. Smile
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by bones fan 99 Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:36 pm

anthropologystudent wrote:I actually really liked that he said "He wasn't ok with that"
It was cute the way I read it Smile this Ep sounds like a really fun one I wonder why Cam is soo bitchy!

I agree but then I don't give a tosss about Booth being in a realtionship with Hannah as long as his heart still pines for Brennan... and yes waiting for Brennan to sort for shite out and go after booth pisses me off too before you all comment

Last edited by bones fan 99 on Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
bones fan 99
bones fan 99
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:39 pm

Interesting... Booth seems rather cranky to me.
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by bones fan 99 Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:44 pm

Maybe the crankyness is Bones and Heart related.. then again might be too early to be wishing for or saying that!
bones fan 99
bones fan 99
Doctor
Doctor

Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:13 pm

bones fan 99 wrote:Maybe the crankyness is Bones and Heart related.. then again might be too early to be wishing for or saying that!
That's what i'm thinking! (Okay, maybe hoping.)
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Chocolate Chip Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:01 pm

Just my take, for the tipbits of spoilers....

Yep Booth is kinda of cranky, it is like he is the only one trying to keep a level head on the boat..... I honestly didn't really get a jealousy vibe of him. More of an ANNOYED one - Annoyed that 19/20 somethings are being objectified.

That is were "I am not alright with" statement comes in with relation to that, he say it essentially twice once with Brennan/Sweets and then with Brennan. He is *equally annoyed* that Sweets is surrounded by a lot of woman, who surround and zoom in on him, which is the reverse of Brennan zooming in on the boytoy anthropology study of sorts. Smile Also there is drink on the boat, both indicated with Sweets and Brennan, I don't know how much that will factor in with their judgement.

Seems like a fun epi, Sweets heavy?? and a little Cougar Town perhaps. Smile
Chocolate Chip
Chocolate Chip
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:19 pm

I am sure he is jealous because it's booth and it's brennan. But at the same time I don't wanna get too excited on that train because he could also be annoyed because it's a case they are working on and brennan shouldn't be flirting unless they are undercover. And sweets is being hounded by the same women who are possibly suspects and killed a man.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Chocolate Chip Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:26 pm

tinkrella wrote:I am sure he is jealous because it's booth and it's brennan. But at the same time I don't wanna get too excited on that train because he could also be annoyed because it's a case they are working on and brennan shouldn't be flirting unless they are undercover. And sweets is being hounded by the same women who are possibly suspects and killed a man.

Yep, things play differently from the page to the screen. I can sorta see David playing Booth more as annoyed and "unbelievable" mutterings under his breath, kinda thing at all the goings on. I kinda noticed that too it was played a little too light hearted and jokey on the boat for an murder investigation.
Chocolate Chip
Chocolate Chip
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:34 pm

Chocolate Chip wrote:
tinkrella wrote:I am sure he is jealous because it's booth and it's brennan. But at the same time I don't wanna get too excited on that train because he could also be annoyed because it's a case they are working on and brennan shouldn't be flirting unless they are undercover. And sweets is being hounded by the same women who are possibly suspects and killed a man.

Yep, things play differently from the page to the screen. I can sorta see David playing Booth more as annoyed and "unbelievable" mutterings under his breath, kinda thing at all the goings on. I kinda noticed that too it was played a little too light hearted and jokey on the boat for an murder investigation.

Yeah. There are a few episodes like that where david plays booth as more annoyed/'i can't believe this' rather than 'omg...i'm going to die of jealousy.' Although, I'm sure he is jealous. Whenever guys hit on brennan he seems to go with the more 'protective' vibe like 'get away from my partner or I'll shoot you.' Who knows, that could be his way of showing his jealousy.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next