Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

+28
tinge1990
Lo
Evil Monkey
geraghtyvl
MorWeb
RubyRuby
ReginaPhalange
the beaver1965
crzy4bones
mereva
MI_Bonesgirl
tinkrella
Chocolate Chip
future_anthro
bones fan 99
joybrennan
katharine
anthropologystudent
StephyJ_83
MoonlightGardenias
jjrobinson73
DoctorB
jro54
jhi1005
bugaboo628
dreamerktm411
treble21
bailey
32 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep" - Page 8 Empty Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by DoctorB Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:22 pm

jro54 wrote:

I really want Booth to dump the RagHag...but I'm not sure if that's going to happen. If Brennan realizes that she's in love with him, she's not going to pursue him or even tell him how she feels. She will most likely play the "supportive" best friend. If she sees that he is so happy and in love with the Raghag, she won't pursue him because she wouldn't want to put a burden on his new relationship. She loves him so much that she wants him to be happy...Meanwhile, once he's back in DC, seeing Brennan in a regular basis, Booth will realize that Brennan is the ONE...but why would he dump the RagHag? Yes, he loves Brennan, but he's still think that she doesn't want him...and she's not going to tell him how she feels. He better be dam* sure that Brennan is the ONE.

I look at like this: Booth/Hannah will fizzle out. He will realize that he's not "in love" with Hannah, that he still loves Brennan. After she leaves, B&B will have both realize that they are in love, but they won't talk about it...because they each think that each other doesn't want them (Brennan won't think that Booth loves her because of Hannah; he still won't think that she loves him) Then Angela or Cam will say something to Booth about Brennan being in love with him and he'll confront her. She won't trust his feelings, so he'll have to prove to her his love to her...and she probably won't start trusting his feelings until towards the end of the series. I think the least we can hope for is that B&B are on the same page with their feelings by the end of this season...and then will get a cliff hanger. I don't think is the season, unless they don't get picked up for another season.

Totally agree... I even mentioned in another thread here the other day that I don't think this is the season, but I do think (hope) that BB will be on the same page about their feelings by the season finale and that will be part of the cliff hanger.

But honestly this season will have to be spectacular for the show to turn around for me. They've dug themselves in a hole and I can't see the Hannah storyline doing any good for the show, even if it is a catalyst for BB (which IMO is the only reason they are doing it). The whole thing is really just shitting me. I wish I could get out of this negative headspace I'm in about Bones atm, but I am just dreading this season. Ugh.

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep" - Page 8 Empty Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by jro54 Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:44 pm

DoctorB wrote:
jro54 wrote:

I really want Booth to dump the RagHag...but I'm not sure if that's going to happen. If Brennan realizes that she's in love with him, she's not going to pursue him or even tell him how she feels. She will most likely play the "supportive" best friend. If she sees that he is so happy and in love with the Raghag, she won't pursue him because she wouldn't want to put a burden on his new relationship. She loves him so much that she wants him to be happy...Meanwhile, once he's back in DC, seeing Brennan in a regular basis, Booth will realize that Brennan is the ONE...but why would he dump the RagHag? Yes, he loves Brennan, but he's still think that she doesn't want him...and she's not going to tell him how she feels. He better be dam* sure that Brennan is the ONE.

I look at like this: Booth/Hannah will fizzle out. He will realize that he's not "in love" with Hannah, that he still loves Brennan. After she leaves, B&B will have both realize that they are in love, but they won't talk about it...because they each think that each other doesn't want them (Brennan won't think that Booth loves her because of Hannah; he still won't think that she loves him) Then Angela or Cam will say something to Booth about Brennan being in love with him and he'll confront her. She won't trust his feelings, so he'll have to prove to her his love to her...and she probably won't start trusting his feelings until towards the end of the series. I think the least we can hope for is that B&B are on the same page with their feelings by the end of this season...and then will get a cliff hanger. I don't think is the season, unless they don't get picked up for another season.

Totally agree... I even mentioned in another thread here the other day that I don't think this is the season, but I do think (hope) that BB will be on the same page about their feelings by the season finale and that will be part of the cliff hanger.

But honestly this season will have to be spectacular for the show to turn around for me. They've dug themselves in a hole and I can't see the Hannah storyline doing any good for the show, even if it is a catalyst for BB (which IMO is the only reason they are doing it). The whole thing is really just shitting me. I wish I could get out of this negative headspace I'm in about Bones atm, but I am just dreading this season. Ugh.

Booth/Hannah will be like a bitter pill that you swallowed, but we will start to see cracks in the relationship...and in Booth. Honestly, I would be suprised if she lasts for the whole season. Wink
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:49 pm

DoctorB wrote:I've said this before and I'll say it again: if I was Brennan I would seriously doubt Booth's feelings for me.
I could sign your every single word. If I was Brennan, I wouldn't believe in his feelings for me, not after SOB.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:38 pm

mereva wrote:
DoctorB wrote:I've said this before and I'll say it again: if I was Brennan I would seriously doubt Booth's feelings for me.
I could sign your every single word. If I was Brennan, I wouldn't believe in his feelings for me, not after SOB.

Ditto!
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:11 pm

treble21 wrote:I'm still pulling for a coffee cart scene in 5 months were they both lay it all on the line, ( or rather I'm fervently hoping)
YES! The meeting that should have taken place in Season 6 Premiere!!! Brilliant

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:48 pm

Who says that Booth is going to go running back to Brennan after Hannah is gone? Even if he dumps Hannah because he realizes that he can't move on from Brennan, unless Brennan has made some sort of declaration, he isn't going to want to go down that road with her again and get his heart trampled again. And who's to say that even if she did say something to him, that he doesn't think it's just a case of "I don't want you, but I don't want anyone else to have you either" simply because a SO takes away from Booth being at her beck and call. Maybe she just misses having him as her emotional punching bag. He's gambled on her once, he's going to need better odds before he does it again..and that's only going to come from her putting herself out there...and not just someone else telling him that she has these feelings.

And yes, I do think Booth has been chasing her in his own tiny little covert way. I don't think he ever planned on labeling it as such, because that would totally freak her out, until the coma dream and then until Sweets basically dared him to...but he had slowly been trying to teach her about loving someone.....but to him, in the end, it didn't all seem to matter because his "I want to give this a shot" led to "but the FBI won't let us work together" and his brain told him that all he was to her was a work buddy and he was nothing more than her way of getting out of the lab and it was only enforced when she says "Please don't be sad....can we still work together". Remember Hodgins comments to Ang about Brennan seeing Ang living a Big life and her wanting to do it, and Booth giving Bren the opportunity to leave the lab and live the Big Life...and then later on Ang telling Booth that the reason why Bren went after Sully instead of him was because Sully lived "wide" and Booth was "narrow". Sometimes I doubt Angela's Shipperness...not always, but sometimes...

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:53 pm

crzy4bones wrote:Who says that Booth is going to go running back to Brennan after Hannah is gone? Even if he dumps Hannah because he realizes that he can't move on from Brennan, unless Brennan has made some sort of declaration, he isn't going to want to go down that road with her again and get his heart trampled again. And who's to say that even if she did say something to him, that he doesn't think it's just a case of "I don't want you, but I don't want anyone else to have you either" simply because a SO takes away from Booth being at her beck and call. Maybe she just misses having him as her emotional punching bag. He's gambled on her once, he's going to need better odds before he does it again..and that's only going to come from her putting herself out there...and not just someone else telling him that she has these feelings.

And yes, I do think Booth has been chasing her in his own tiny little covert way. I don't think he ever planned on labeling it as such, because that would totally freak her out, until the coma dream and then until Sweets basically dared him to...but he had slowly been trying to teach her about loving someone.....but to him, in the end, it didn't all seem to matter because his "I want to give this a shot" led to "but the FBI won't let us work together" and his brain told him that all he was to her was a work buddy and he was nothing more than her way of getting out of the lab and it was only enforced when she says "Please don't be sad....can we still work together". Remember Hodgins comments to Ang about Brennan seeing Ang living a Big life and her wanting to do it, and Booth giving Bren the opportunity to leave the lab and live the Big Life...and then later on Ang telling Booth that the reason why Bren went after Sully instead of him was because Sully lived "wide" and Booth was "narrow". Sometimes I doubt Angela's Shipperness...not always, but sometimes...

That was an...interesting opinion to read. I especially loved the "covert little ways" Booth has been chasing Brennan - because she's so good at emotional/social subtleties. Shocked Of course, they must have been REALLY SUBTLE - microscopic even. Funny, since it seems to me people were thrilled that Booth FINALLY made a move. As for the FBI won't let us" comment. Booth's been telling her that for years! Why wouldn't she believe him?

The other interesting thing is "he'll need better odds." Isn't that the gambling thing that got him in this mess in the first place? As Yoda says "Do or do not. There is no try." IMO, when a man knows what he wants he goes after it with a single minded determination. For instance most women who go shopping for a white shirt browse through many other things besides shirts. Most guys will walk into a store, find the shirt section, find the white shirt in therr size and leave.

Anyway it was interesting reading such vastly different viewpoint from my own. Thanks for sharing it. Smile
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:01 am

So many people (especially the Booth fans) want to see Brennan be jealous and watch her go over to Booth’s apartment, wearing nothing but a trench coat…But that’s NOT going to happen. From looking at it in Brennan’s perspective: She’s going to see that he’s apparently so happy and in love with Hannah, so she’s not going to think that he’s in love her, that he wants her, but that he clearly wants Hannah…So why would she go after Booth if she thinks that he’s so happy and in love with someone else? If she truly loves him-she wouldn’t want to put a burden on his new relationship. She would want him to be happy, even if he’s with someone else. She’s NOT going to pursue him or even tell him. She’s going to play the “supportive” best friend. She won't trust his feelings anymore, so Booth is going to gave to some pursuing too and prove to his love to her.

I never expected Brennan to show any jealousy. I think she might be a little envious because Hannah wants what she has, but I'm not expecting any catfight or hair pulling. If she truly loves Booth- she will put his happiness in front her OWN. She has to accept Hannah, but she doesn't have like her. I'm sure Booth will genuinely like Hannah. I'm sure Booth will genuinely like Hannah (maybe even have feelings for her just like Brennan did for Sully) But part of loving him is accepting her and their relationship.

jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by geraghtyvl Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:16 am

I don't think I can portray my feelings as eloquently as above posters but here goes.... I don't know when Hannah will be gone, but hopefully sooner than later. Being the romantic that I am, I find it difficult to believe Booth's love for Brennan after the whole Hannah relationship. IMO Booth gave up too quickly during the 100th when he "wanted to give this a shot". Then to come back with a SO... well I won't even go there. Maybe I will feel differently after watching whole episodes rather than small edited snip-its? Maybe, but I doubt it. I think that there will be a big focus on Booth's history and abusive childhood with his dad, and perhaps his issues with his sniper past later on in season 6. Especially when this "villain" arc begins. Brennan will support Booth, as he did when her whole family history came to light in earlier seasons. Booth will see Brennan's unwavering support. He'll realize the depth of their relationship and his love for Brennan. That she will always be "the one". Brennan already knows she loves Booth, but she will see that he has his human frailties and insecurities, but she can be there for him also. Maybe these revelations will open up the door to them discussing their love for each other and a possible future together as a couple. I do think they could have followed a path like this without the SO storyline..which I hate, hate, hate. And I will never understand the reluctance to put B&B together as a couple. Their chemistry is amazing and I am so missing that wonderful chemistry, which has been gone since the 100th. That being said, I will never give up on Bones and will continue to watch it, but not with the same excitement and anticipation as in the past.

geraghtyvl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jhi1005 Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:32 am

treble21 wrote:I'm still pulling for a coffee cart scene in 5 months were they both lay it all on the line, ( or rather I'm fervently hoping)

I still have a tiny amount of hope for that too happen too....although from the promos and spoilers, that hope has gotten a bit smaller.

After considering all the evidence so far from sides, spoilers, interviews etc. (Brennan would be so proud of me), I feel that this is NOT the year they get together, because after moving the storyline with Booth and Hannah forward in such a serious way, it would seem a little odd to wrap up the relationship in one episode and start a B/B one in the next.

Disclaimer: Any of the following speculation is the product of my own half-baked guessing. If it turns out to be accurate, I will claim I'm psychic, and if it turns out that I can't guess worth a damn, I'll blame my malfunctioning crystal ball Wink

With breaks for baseball and holidays, and taking the info that KW is in a minimum of 6 episodes, I think I've given up on the "gone by Christmas" hope I was originally hanging on to. So I predict a February sweeps break up for Booth and Hannah, followed by tons of looks, moments, scenes that give us hope for B&B, followed by a somewhat cliffy ending that has us thinking that S7 will be THE season.

jhi1005
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by the beaver1965 Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:37 am

I think some fans are missing something here. BOOTH DID NOT COME BACK WITH AN SO!!! She followed him here. Going by the promo, even he was surprised she was here. JMO, but I think he never expected this to go any further. What he had was a fling in a worn torn country under dangerous conditions. At least to me, it seems that it is Hannah who wants to continue this relationship.

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:55 am

I don't think Booth is "in love" with Hannah. After he was portrayed as totally clueless about love and relationships in the 100th, I don't see how he could possible be "in love" with Hannah. I just think he's so desperate to find someone who will love him for 50 years...so he tries to convince himself and everyone around him that it's serious and that he's so happy...but after he's around Brennan again, he'll realize that great sexual chemistry doesn't equal love...and that Hannah fulfills everything on a paper, but she doesn't fulfill him-ONLY Temperance Brennan. Very Happy
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by geraghtyvl Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:02 am

Wrong choice of words beaver...he didn't come back with a SO. But he has no problem discussing Hannah with Brennan, showing her Hannah's picture on his cell phone, and saying he misses her "like a heart attack".

jro..Your take on the relationship gave me a different perspective and made me feel a little better! Very Happy

geraghtyvl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:50 am

I apologize, I'm nitpicky sooo.... he didn't say he missed her like a heart attack, Brennan asked if it was serious ( "it" being his relationship with Hannah) and he said " as serious as a heart attack"
That being said yeah I agree with your post geraghtyvl, with all of the spoilers I just kinda assumed she was a "while he was away fling" for Booth which he would soon forget but then she just showed up. However now having seen that scene, that doesn't really seem to be the case.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:20 am

^That's what I thought too. I just assumed Hannah would be just a fling for Booth, until saw that clip. The only way I can make sense of this is Booth is just so desperate to "move on" or find someone to love him for 50 years...so he convinces himself that he's love in with Hannah and that he's so happy, but when get back to DC and sees Brennan on a regular basis, he'll realize that he's not in with Hannah...and great sexual chemistry doesn't equal love.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:25 am

bailey wrote:
treble21 wrote:Ok I'm gonna try my hand at verbalizing what I'm thinking, I apologize if it comes of all "caveman"

Here's the deal, this is episode 6, that means that there is 5 episodes of character development and storylines leading up to this. The sides represent a very very small portion of the character development as they mostly contain the case story. Basically what I'm getting at is that we don't know what's going on in the scene with Brennan and the "boytoy". We have no idea what has transpired between B/B at that point, we can make logical assumptions based on comments in the sides and spoilers, but those only go so far and then you know what they say about "assume-ing". I really think speculating on an episode this far in advance is pointless as there is probably about 100 minutes of air time that we know nothing about ( just a ballpark figuring that sides represent approx 15 minutes of episode out of a possible 40 minutes, and also figuring that there's not much about episode 1 we don't know, that's 25 minutes per episode for #2,3,4,5....don't quibble about the math, it's not exact, it's just there to make a point)

About Booth "loving" Hannah. Being genuinely happy does not mean that you have to be IN love with the person you are with, it doesn't mean that he is madly in love with Hannah and not in love with Brennan. That being said Booth is not the type of guy to lead someone on, so yeah I think he's serious about Hannah but sometimes happiness is a choice, you can be miserable about your circumstances or you can try to make the best of it. I firmly believe that Booth is making the best of a situation he'd rather not be in, and choosing to be as happy as he can about it.

cheers

Not caveman at all. Great post, I agree ... Booth can't make Brennan love him, but he can choose to be happy with someone else. And that doesn't mean that he isn't in love with Brennan.

As far as the speculating on an episode this far out, thanks for pointing that out because this conversation has gotten so circular for me that I had forgotten what the hell we were actually talking about to start with. LOL.

i COULDN'T AGREE WITH THIS MORE!!!

wHILE i will be the first to admit..I vented like crazy about what I had already seen,..there's no point in over reacting to what we assume might happen in advance and making broad statements about never watching again, or never believing Booth loved Brennan at all,...etc.

It's not realistic...life doesn't work that way. You fall in love...you hope they love you back..if they don't...you move on..and you find a new happiness. To do anything else would be extremely unhealthy...that doesn't mean that you don't love the person...first love..or grand love...grand passion, what have you... you still feel that a lifetime later...I think of my first love...and even occassionally talk to him...life has moved forward...I love my husband of 33 years...but that first love admiration is still there somewhere burried deep. That's the way life works...thrown into a situation where you are facing life and death, and there's a warm body who's interested in you...who'd experiencing the same things you are..can feel like love....but it may burn out as fast as it flamed... I think Booth genuinely might hope and think based on their situation, that he's falling in love...
(and I doubt we will hear Booth say that, those sound like Brennan's assesment rather that Booth's) but when held up in direct comparison with his feelings toward Brennan, and after seeing Hannah in the light of normal life...I think that flash flame of attraction will fade...His love for Brennan...I doubt will ever burn out.

And bottom line is....We don't know a friggen thing! So why have this hissy fit tantrums? lol

We are in need of something real to talk about around here!!! [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:33 am

jro54 wrote:^That's what I thought too. I just assumed Hannah would be just a fling for Booth, until saw that clip. The only way I can make sense of this is Booth is just so desperate to "move on" or find someone to love him for 50 years...so he convinces himself that he's love in with Hannah and that he's so happy, but when get back to DC and sees Brennan on a regular basis, he'll realize that he's not in with Hannah...and great sexual chemistry doesn't equal love.

Cough cough...what sexual chemistry? Hehe jro, I'm just mucking around. After seeing Hannah suck Booth's face off, I thought my de-sexed male puppies had more chemistry that that.
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:37 am

mommahurley wrote:
bailey wrote:
treble21 wrote:Ok I'm gonna try my hand at verbalizing what I'm thinking, I apologize if it comes of all "caveman"

Here's the deal, this is episode 6, that means that there is 5 episodes of character development and storylines leading up to this. The sides represent a very very small portion of the character development as they mostly contain the case story. Basically what I'm getting at is that we don't know what's going on in the scene with Brennan and the "boytoy". We have no idea what has transpired between B/B at that point, we can make logical assumptions based on comments in the sides and spoilers, but those only go so far and then you know what they say about "assume-ing". I really think speculating on an episode this far in advance is pointless as there is probably about 100 minutes of air time that we know nothing about ( just a ballpark figuring that sides represent approx 15 minutes of episode out of a possible 40 minutes, and also figuring that there's not much about episode 1 we don't know, that's 25 minutes per episode for #2,3,4,5....don't quibble about the math, it's not exact, it's just there to make a point)

About Booth "loving" Hannah. Being genuinely happy does not mean that you have to be IN love with the person you are with, it doesn't mean that he is madly in love with Hannah and not in love with Brennan. That being said Booth is not the type of guy to lead someone on, so yeah I think he's serious about Hannah but sometimes happiness is a choice, you can be miserable about your circumstances or you can try to make the best of it. [b]I firmly believe that Booth is making the best of a situation he'd rather not be in, and choosing to be as happy as he can about it.[/b]

cheers

Not caveman at all. Great post, I agree ... Booth can't make Brennan love him, but he can choose to be happy with someone else. And that doesn't mean that he isn't in love with Brennan.

As far as the speculating on an episode this far out, thanks for pointing that out because this conversation has gotten so circular for me that I had forgotten what the hell we were actually talking about to start with. LOL.

wHILE i will be the first to admit..I vented like crazy about what I had already seen,..there's no point in over reacting to what we assume might happen in advance and making broad statements about never watching again, or never believing Booth loved Brennan at all,...etc.

It's not realistic...life doesn't work that way. You fall in love...you hope they love you back..if they don't...you move on..and you find a new happiness. To do anything else would be extremely unhealthy...that doesn't mean that you don't love the person...first love..or grand love...grand passion, what have you... you still feel that a lifetime later...I think of my first love...and even occassionally talk to him...life has moved forward...I love my husband of 33 years...but that first love admiration is still there somewhere burried deep. That's the way life works...thrown into a situation where you are facing life and death, and there's a warm body who's interested in you...who'd experiencing the same things you are..can feel like love....but it may burn out as fast as it flamed... I think Booth genuinely might hope and think based on their situation, that he's falling in love...
(and I doubt we will hear Booth say that, those sound like Brennan's assesment rather that Booth's) but when held up in direct comparison with his feelings toward Brennan, and after seeing Hannah in the light of normal life...I think that flash flame of attraction will fade...His love for Brennan...I doubt will ever burn out.

And bottom line is....We don't know a friggen thing! So why have this hissy fit tantrums? lol

We are in need of something real to talk about around here!!! [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Booth is NOT in love with Hannah. He just thinks he is...because he is so desperate to move on or find someone to love him for 50 years, so he tries to convince himself that he's in love and that he's so happy, but in reality, he's NOT.

I may not have a lot experience in relationships...and this is a fictional TV show, not real life, but from the way I look at it: people may meet people that they are sexually attracted to, that they are smitten with, that you believe that this what it feels like to fall in love, but you will only have one great love in your lifetime. You will only have one love of your life. Booth may have feelings for Hannah, he may care about her, but whatever he feels for her will NEVER surpasses what he feels for Brennan..because Temperance Brennan is the only love of his life.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:39 am

jro54 wrote:
mommahurley wrote:
bailey wrote:

About Booth "loving" Hannah. Being genuinely happy does not mean that you have to be IN love with the person you are with, it doesn't mean that he is madly in love with Hannah and not in love with Brennan. That being said Booth is not the type of guy to lead someone on, so yeah I think he's serious about Hannah but sometimes happiness is a choice, you can be miserable about your circumstances or you can try to make the best of it. [b]I firmly believe that Booth is making the best of a situation he'd rather not be in, and choosing to be as happy as he can about it.[/b]

cheers

Booth is NOT in love with Hannah. He just thinks he is...because he is so desperate to move on or find someone to love him for 50 years, so he tries to convince himself that he's in love and that he's so happy, but in reality, he's NOT.

I may not have a lot experience in relationships...and this is a fictional TV show, not real life, but from the way I look at it: people may meet people that they are sexually attracted to, that they are smitten with, that you believe that this what it feels like to fall in love, but you will only have one great love in your lifetime. You will only have one love of your life. Booth may have feelings for Hannah, he may care about her, but whatever he feels for her will NEVER surpasses what he feels for Brennan..because Temperance Brennan is the only love of his life.

Well said jro!! Now someone remind HH & Co.
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:26 am

RubyRuby wrote:
jro54 wrote:
mommahurley wrote:
bailey wrote:

cheers

Well said jro!! Now someone remind HH & Co.
I agree with mommahurley about being able to have great love for mor than one person. 8n the case of this tv show however, that fact isn't too helpful for me. I already feel like the story is watered down and tained. I'm already in the "whatever" stage. It's been said a lot by many people - it feels like B&B missed their moment. I know they'll get together eventually, but if all I was interested in was seeing them kiss and make love, I could have just stayed with the season four finale. Now, yeah, sure the actor's have amazing chemistry so it will look hot and loving, etc, but it will just be that - for me. It's no longer a great love story for me, it's another chapter of Days of our Lives or some other soap. Maybe that's why I'm not watching. It's not just about RagHag, it just feels like they've killed the entire show.

It's raining and dreary in NYC - maybe it's affecting my mood,
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:34 am

^Ya know, when I first heard about this SO storyline, I thought that it would just be a fling..and I would be okay with that, but apparently it doesn't seem like that. Everytime I hear the words "fallen in love" and "genuinely happy" to describe Booth/Hannah's relationship, I want to pull my hair out and brake something...because I just HATE SO storylines and the idea of Booth possibly attempting to love someone else jut makes me wan to puke

I many not have a lot of experiences with relationships as people who have been married for 50 years...because I have only lived on this Earth for 19 years. I look at my parents relationship. My mom dated many guys before she met and married my dad. She was even married before..and I'm sure there were times where she thought she was falling in love because of the sexual attraction and infatuation, but she has only had one great love-my dad. That's how I look at love and relationships. You may meet people that you are sexually attracted to, that you are smitten with...that makes you feel like you are falling in love, but you will ONLY have one love of your life.

Of course, Bones is fictional TV show, not real-life...but that's how I see it. Booth think he's in love with Hannah...because of the great sex and the sexual attraction and honestly, I think that's what Booth's definition of love is. He understands the idea of love and how to love, but he doesn't understand what it really means to be in love...that and he just desperately really wants to move on or find someone to love him for 50 years. He has forged himself emotionally in this new relationship and tries to convince himself that he's in love and that he's so happy, but when he gets back to DC and sees Brennan on a regular basis again, he'll realize what love really is. He'll realize that he's not "in love" with Hannah...like not a "love-of-a-lifetime" type of love. He may have feelings for her and he may care about her, but whatever he feels for Hannah will NEVER surpass what he feels for Brennan...because Temperance Brennan is the ONLY love of his life...but Hart has f**ked up this show so much, that I don't possibly see how it can ever get back to the way it was before.

Last edited by jro54 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:47 am

@jro54

Yeah, my mother broke two engagements before meeting and marrying my Dad. If my Dad hadn't gone after her and instead gave up when she said no, I wouldn't be here now. Razz - 40+ year they've been together. Smile Hence my current issues with Booth and this storyline. Rolling Eyes
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:10 am

To: joyBrennan and @jro54

Coonsider, with an open mind..and open heart this:

So even though your mom thought she was in love enough with 2 other guys to get engaged to them.....she still loved your dad, and ended up coming back to him....Do you think those 2 engagements diminshed her love for your Dad?

To everyone: No one in particular...it's a lesson from one who'd lived a long time and learned a lot, and continues to learn a lot everyday....

There's nothing wrong with being 19 and having a 19 year old perspective...it's important...you're supposed to be idealistic and have steadfast beliefs at that age...it's just that time, has a way of teaching lessons, that can never be understood...until they are experienced. And there's nothing wrong with that either.

You will probably love many people in your life...and the "one great love" may happen...and for your sake, I hope it happens....but I think you will find...that there are many great loves...the "One great love" is the one you decide to stick it out with, and work through the problems with, and the one who gives back to you as much as you give back to them... It is not... sticking with a situation no matter how much it doesn't give back to you. Refusing to go out and see if you might find happiness with someone who wants to give back to you...It is not deciding that you must love only one person in your life or it meants that you never really did love the one that came before...and It is not being afraid to come back and realize that you've made a mistake... Sometimes in order to love something,..you have to let it go...if it comes back to you... or you come back to it...you will have lived more and learned more and you just might be more committed to making it work.

There's an old saying... "When I was a teenager..my mother was sooooo stupid....then I became a mother...and SHE got a whole lot smarter" same goes for age...with age comes experience and wisdom..don't be afraid of it...because with youth, comes idealism, energy and innovation...both are very important. Don't shun either. We can learn from you...I do everyday from my daughters, and all the young people I attend college with and study with....and you can learn from us... (I'm noto so sure, my daughters are quite ready to admit that one...lol)...but what's important is to never get so sure that your way is the only way...that you miss information along the way that might teach you somehting...or that might actually make you happier.

I know... a little off subject...but worthy information non the less.

And I'm gettin a little tired or rehashing this subject anyway...ha ha.

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:35 am

mommahurley wrote:To: joyBrennan and @jro54

So even though your mom thought she was in love enough with 2 other guys to get engaged to them.....she still loved your dad, and ended up coming back to him....Do you think those 2 engagements diminshed her love for your Dad?

To everyone: No one in particular...it's a lesson from one who'd lived a long time and learned a lot, and continues to learn a lot everyday....

There's nothing wrong with being 19 and having a 19 year old perspective...it's important...you're supposed to be idealistic and have steadfast beliefs at that age...it's just that time, has a way of teaching lessons, that can never be understood...until they are experienced. And there's nothing wrong with that either.

You will probably love many people in your life...and the "one great love" may happen...and for your sake, I hope it happens....but I think you will find...that there are many great loves...the "One great love" is the one you decide to stick it out with, and work through the problems with, and the one who gives back to you as much as you give back to them... It is not... sticking with a situation no matter how much it doesn't give back to you. Refusing to go out and see if you might find happiness with someone who wants to give back to you...It is not deciding that you must love only one person in your life or it meants that you never really did love the one that came before...and It is not being afraid to come back and realize that you've made a mistake... Sometimes in order to love something,..you have to let it go...if it comes back to you... or you come back to it...you will have lived more and learned more and you just might be more committed to making it work.

There's an old saying... "When I was a teenager..my mother was sooooo stupid....then I became a mother...and SHE got a whole lot smarter" same goes for age...with age comes experience and wisdom..don't be afraid of it...because with youth, comes idealism, energy and innovation...both are very important. Don't shun either. We can learn from you...I do everyday from my daughters, and all the young people I attend college with and study with....and you can learn from us... (I'm noto so sure, my daughters are quite ready to admit that one...lol)...but what's important is to never get so sure that your way is the only way...that you miss information along the way that might teach you somehting...or that might actually make you happier.

I get it. People may have many loves in their lifetime...and the storyline with Booth. He may love Hannah and care about her...but we have to remember that his love for Hannah is the "in the moment" type thing. They meet in a war zone where everything is so exciting and intense, they have great sex and they are sexually attracted to each other...which can make you think that you are falling in love...but once they get back to DC, it will fizzle out.

I just don't think Booth can ever love anyone like he loves Brennan...because then (and this is just how I feel) I don't know if I would want B&B to get together. I wouldn't think Booth is good enough for her...because we wouldn't know if he in fact really loved Hannah and he's only with Brennan because Hannah didn't work out. He has to realize that Brennan is the ONLY one for him. He can't just realize that he loves Hannah and then when that doesn't work out, go back to Brennan, HE has to come to the conclusion that Brennan is the ONLY one. He may have feelings for Hannah, but HE has to realize that she will always be second best.

This whole storyline just makes me sick...because I think of Brennan and how she will feel. She won't believe that he's in love with her after seeing him with Hannah, so HE will have to prove to her that she is the ONLY one despite how he may have felt about Hannah.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:52 am

mommahurley wrote:To: joyBrennan and @jro54

@ mommahurley - love what you wrote jro54. I love you as for my mom's story - she'd never MET my dad - she met him out of country. Mom has always said she broke the other engagements because a part of her my dad was out there. As per your question, assuming she knew my dad and got engaged tp someone else, I would have to go with she hadn't fallen for my dad yet. Probably why the Raghag thing makes me feel Booth wasn't really in love with Brennan.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next