Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

+28
tinge1990
Lo
Evil Monkey
geraghtyvl
MorWeb
RubyRuby
ReginaPhalange
the beaver1965
crzy4bones
mereva
MI_Bonesgirl
tinkrella
Chocolate Chip
future_anthro
bones fan 99
joybrennan
katharine
anthropologystudent
StephyJ_83
MoonlightGardenias
jjrobinson73
DoctorB
jro54
jhi1005
bugaboo628
dreamerktm411
treble21
bailey
32 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep" - Page 5 Empty Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by joybrennan Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:16 am

jro54 wrote:
crzy4bones wrote:
Evil Monkey wrote:
the beaver1965 wrote:I don't see anybody commenting on the fact that Brennan says Booth is past his Prime. Oh I forgot, she doesn't mean it that way. She would never be mean to him on purpose. YEAH RIGHT!!!

Again, did you actually READ the frakkin' sides and look at the CONTEXT or are you just making ASSUMPTIONS based on hearsay?

All the sides, by their very nature, are out of context so everyone is reading them that way. We don't know what the conversation Booth and Brennan were having was before she made the comment. So all of the discussions on any of the sides are made using ASSUMPTIONS based on hearsay and open to everyone's interpretation. Heck, even if we had the WHOLE script it would still be that way because as you have seen on other threads, there are differences of opinion about meanings of scenes and lines in already seen episodes.

And back to Brennan's comments....maybe if she had stopped at the "past the prime" thing when Booth protested I could buy the whole "it's not directed directly at Booth"...but NOOOOO....she added the "your discs are degenerating" comment...just dig that knife right in there Brennan and twist. For someone with a supposedly steep learning curve, she certainly is slow to learn....you'd think after all these years of "blurting" out crap like that and seeing how it hurts Booth, she'd learn not to do that...she doesn't even go back to qualify her statement with the whole "anthropologically, men are in their prime between 18-25" stuff, nope, she just takes the jab about his discs, never even apologizes, and then moves on to flirt with the Boy Toy...

As for the FBI job description, agents are required to be in top physical condition and I read somewhere that field agents are taken out of the field when they turn 57. I'm not sure where they got that number from, seems random to me, but whatever...it's the Federal Govt so who knows.

I don't see how this comment could be insulting. I don't think it's polite to verbalize something like that, but I don't think Brennan meant it like that.

...and Booth's discs are degenerating. He has back problems, which as already been established on the show.

@ crzy4bones - you do realize that you are doing exactly what you said should be done, right?
First you remind folks that we are takkng things out of context and making assumptions - then you do exactly that when discussing Brennan's comments to Booth. Laughing It's a funny juxtaposition. Very Happy
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep" - Page 5 Empty Re: S6E06 "The Shallow in the Deep"

Post by bones fan 99 Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:22 am

Lo wrote:I took Brennan's "past your prime" comment to simply be her comparing Booth to a young guy on the cruise..(simple comparison). She's a scientist, she tends to do that kind of thing. It's not meant to be a nasty cut at Booth, least not in her mind.

or maybe she's trying to convince herself she hasn't missed out on the hottie beside her (booth) but that he was..... past it.
Just saying if the dude i was in love with but thought i couldn't be with for fear of screwing it up (so i remained friends with instead) suddenly had a special someone I'd feel a little ill. Perhaps she trying to rationalise out a positive???

Agree with all the comments about sides on paper not being a good indicator of how it'll play out on screen, just trying to look at that comment from a different angle Very Happy

Last edited by bones fan 99 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total
bones fan 99
bones fan 99
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:50 am

bones fan 99 wrote:
Lo wrote:I took Brennan's "past your prime" comment to simply be her comparing Booth to a young guy on the cruise..(simple comparison). She's a scientist, she tends to do that kind of thing. It's not meant to be a nasty cut at Booth, least not in her mind.

or maybe she's trying to convince herself she hasn't missed out on the hottie beside her but that he was..... past it.
Just saying if the dude i was in love with but thought i couldn't be with for fear of screwing it up (so i remained friends with instead) suddenly had a special someone I'd feel a little ill. Perhaps she trying to rationalise out a positive???

Agree with all the comments about sides on paper not being a good indicator of how it'll play out on screen, just trying to look at that comment from a different angle Very Happy
Interesting thought...especially since she didn't HAVE sex until she was 23 - and that was with her former professor. Maybe she wants a shot at the young hot stuff she missed out on. Very Happy (relax DB people, I'm joking.)
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:54 am

jro54 wrote:I don't see how this comment could be insulting. I don't think it's polite to verbalize something like that, but I don't think Brennan meant it like that.

...and Booth's discs are degenerating. He has back problems, which as already been established on the show.

Well I'd be terribly insulted if a friend of mine told me I was past my prime and that my discs were degenerating, which pretty much implies "you are old". Especially since Booth's "back problems" were never diagnosed as being related to disc generation. I believe the first episode it was a pulled ligament and the 2nd episode, where they THOUGHT he had a herniated disc was actual just a misalignment. I've actually had both...and thanks to a chiropractor, my back is perfectly fine and my discs are as healthy as can be.

@joybrennan my reply was directed towards a specific comment from EvilMonkey where she was chastising another poster saying her opinion didn't count because she was taking things out of context. I was just pointing out that it was the nature of the beast, I never said it shouldn't be done, I never claimed that I didn't do it...it's all that can be done when dealing with sides and promo clips. It's pretty much an assumed that every opinion in the "spoiler" section is based on something taken out of context...and if you and EvilMonkey and all the Brennan fans are allowed to have their opinions based on those snippets taken out of context then so is Beaver and whoever else who might not look so favorably on Brennan's comments...who knows...maybe they will change their minds once the episode airs...

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:40 am

crzy4bones wrote:
jro54 wrote:I don't see how this comment could be insulting. I don't think it's polite to verbalize something like that, but I don't think Brennan meant it like that.

Well I'd be terribly insulted if a friend of mine told me I was past my prime and that my discs were degenerating, which pretty much implies "you are old". Especially since Booth's "back problems" were never diagnosed as being related to disc generation. I believe the first episode it was a pulled ligament and the 2nd episode, where they THOUGHT he had a herniated disc was actual just a misalignment. I've actually had both...and thanks to a chiropractor, my back is perfectly fine and my discs are as healthy as can be.

@joybrennan my reply was directed towards a specific comment from EvilMonkey where she was chastising another poster saying her opinion didn't count because she was taking things out of context. I was just pointing out that it was the nature of the beast, I never said it shouldn't be done, I never claimed that I didn't do it...it's all that can be done when dealing with sides and promo clips. It's pretty much an assumed that every opinion in the "spoiler" section is based on something taken out of context...and if you and EvilMonkey and all the Brennan fans are allowed to have their opinions based on those snippets taken out of context then so is Beaver and whoever else who might not look so favorably on Brennan's comments...who knows...maybe they will change their minds once the episode airs...

@ cry4bones - Didn't realize it was a direct reply to someone. Anyway, I wasn't so much commenting on the context. It's just funny having those paragraphs being back to back in general. Smile I'm not concerned about the Brennan haters - nor do I expect them to change their minds. Razz It's difficult being a minority under any circumstance, so I try not bust chops too much. Wink
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Evil Monkey Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:00 am

crzy4bones wrote:

Ummmm.... I'm not a she, just fyi.

And just to clarify, all I was doing is asking the other person if you he/she had read actually the sides themselves or was just basing their claim off of what people who claimed to have read the sides were saying. I mean, have you yourself read the sides? A simple yes or no would suffice. I haven't yet.

Last edited by Evil Monkey on Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Evil Monkey
Evil Monkey
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:02 am

There is a link to the sides at the beginning of this thread, and also in the home of the spoilers thread.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by tinge1990 Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:34 pm

joybrennan wrote:
bones fan 99 wrote:

or maybe she's trying to convince herself she hasn't missed out on the hottie beside her but that he was..... past it.

Interesting thought...especially since she didn't HAVE sex until she was 23 - and that was with her former professor. Maybe she wants a shot at the young hot stuff she missed out on. Very Happy (relax DB people, I'm joking.)
HAHAHA SERIOUSLY?! I must have been not paying attention during that episode.

Hahaha, 23 and she can be so, 'oh, i am so open about sex blah blah blah' to booth? Did not expect that. loco

tinge1990
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:20 pm

First let me say that I respect your right to feel any way you want to feel, but I personally find it puzzling that you resent the words of Brennan, when she's overly literal, completely obtuse, unintentionally critical, and oblivious to social graces and what might be considered rude to most people/ This is the essense of what makes Brennan who she is. And it is what Booth loves the most about her! He loves that he can correct her, argue with her, tease her, cajole her or even get mad at her...and she takes no offense, becuase she doens't live by other people's ideas of manners.

Why do these people get so pushed out of shape by Brennan's comments, yet they don't seem to mind Booth's comments to her? They both give as good as they get when arguing, or analyzing a situation. She see's things analitically, and he sees things emotionally...it's what makes the yin and yang of their relationship work. It's the essense of the show...

If you don't like what is essentially the essence of what makes them tick, I kind of can't understand what it is that draws you to the show. I'm not criticising but I'm puzzled. Is it that you enjoy the show one dimensionally...or as zack would say 2 dimensionally since 1 dimension doesn't actually exist... Do you watch for only one aspect? Becuase I believe...once again my opinion, that you will enjoy the show much better if you actually get to know, pay attention to, and learn to appreciate the very special give and take that their personalities have in forming their solid bond.

I mean seriously...what woman wouldn't want a guy who saves her life...protects her...comforts her...and takes her insensitive remarks with humor and affection, corrects her gaffes without ever getting mad or resenting her for it?

What guy wouldn't love a woman who can take care of herself, backs him up no matter how silly she thinks his ideas are, takes no offense when she is constantly corrected in front of everyone, and loves sex.

It doesn't matter if someone wouldn't pick each of them as their own partner...the point is...Two damaged human beings, haunted by painful pasts, limited in their emotional development along kind of narrow lines, with a strong sense of wanting to make right out of wrong...find eachother and together each fills the holes in the other to make one complete person! Their love is perfect whether they ever have sex or not...

Of course I do hope they get busy...and soon...but it doesn't change the fact that they get eachother and love eachother unselfishly and completely, whether they're together sexually or not!

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:23 pm

T
tinge1990 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
bones fan 99 wrote:

Hahaha, 23 and she can be so, 'oh, i am so open about sex blah blah blah' to booth? Did not expect that. loco
What's really funny is she's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. Like, really? loco
Actually, maybe it makes total sense, because if a person can't get the signifigance of Brennan losing her virginity to her former professor - especially in the context of everything else we k ow about her - then I think it's pretty safe to assume they're missing a big chunk of what the show is about. I mean, Brennan isn't supposed to be your average everyday woman and getting mad at her because she's not...you're missing a big point about the story being told. It's like expecting the cast of Glee to be normal - when the show is about being an outcast or misfit.

Last edited by joybrennan on Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:47 pm

crzy4bones wrote:

Booth's back problems have been established in more than those two episodes.They've come up many many times...Cam even diagnosed him with degenerative disks in order for him to get that silly chair..it's well established...but it's silly to argue about that.

The point is... That comment is "completely Brennan" and Booth completely accepts and loves her for it. It's one of the things he enjoys most about her; that she says stuff like that and she's not afraid of anyone arguing with her, and he corrects her in front of everyone...she doesn't take offense or get her feelings hurt...she just considers it fact like the shape of size of the lateral upper condial... and when she find his corrections have merit she tries to do better. She tries all the time to learn the things that she knows Booth considers cool, or nice. She doesn't always get it right, but she tries.

Why do people keep trying to assign guilt and a moral compass to her comments...she makes them with no judgement..only fact! That is who she is.... Booth doesn't take offense so why should you?

There are plenty of things that Booth does that a normal person would hate too. Personally someone constantly trying to make be believe in imaginary beings...and magic (tongue in cheek reference to religion here..lol) would drive me batty. I'd probably say...cut the religous stuff ok? Keep it to yourself...believe what you want but don't force it on me.... but she doesn't...she understands the anthropological signifigance of all different religions, knows scientifically that they're based on misinformation and made up explanations for things that people at that time had insufficient scientific knowledge to explain ...and she respects the fact that he believes in it, and doesn't try to talk him out of it. She's not going to say it's correct, but she's going defend his right to believe in it and use the knowledge that he believes in it to help her understand his actions. A perfectly rational response. That's the essense of B&B...they're different, but they respect eachother's differences. And they don't expect eachother to change for them.

So why should we, the viewer!?

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:19 pm

mommahurley wrote:First let me say that I respect your right to feel any way you want to feel, but I personally find it puzzling that you resent the words of Brennan, when she's overly literal, completely obtuse, unintentionally critical, and oblivious to social graces and what might be considered rude to most people/ This is the essense of what makes Brennan who she is. And it is what Booth loves the most about her! He loves that he can correct her, argue with her, tease her, cajole her or even get mad at her...and she takes no offense, becuase she doens't live by other people's ideas of manners.

Why do these people get so pushed out of shape by Brennan's comments, yet they don't seem to mind Booth's comments to her? They both give as good as they get when arguing, or analyzing a situation. She see's things analitically, and he sees things emotionally...it's what makes the yin and yang of their relationship work. It's the essense of the show...

If you don't like what is essentially the essence of what makes them tick, I kind of can't understand what it is that draws you to the show. I'm not criticising but I'm puzzled. Is it that you enjoy the show one dimensionally...or as zack would say 2 dimensionally since 1 dimension doesn't actually exist... Do you watch for only one aspect? Becuase I believe...once again my opinion, that you will enjoy the show much better if you actually get to know, pay attention to, and learn to appreciate the very special give and take that their personalities have in forming their solid bond.

I mean seriously...what woman wouldn't want a guy who saves her life...protects her...comforts her...and takes her insensitive remarks with humor and affection, corrects her gaffes without ever getting mad or resenting her for it?

What guy wouldn't love a woman who can take care of herself, backs him up no matter how silly she thinks his ideas are, takes no offense when she is constantly corrected in front of everyone, and loves sex.

It doesn't matter if someone wouldn't pick each of them as their own partner...the point is...Two damaged human beings, haunted by painful pasts, limited in their emotional development along kind of narrow lines, with a strong sense of wanting to make right out of wrong...find eachother and together each fills the holes in the other to make one complete person! Their love is perfect whether they ever have sex or not...

Of course I do hope they get busy...and soon...but it doesn't change the fact that they get eachother and love eachother unselfishly and completely, whether they're together sexually or not!

I completely agree.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:48 pm

mommahurley wrote:First let me say that I respect your right to feel any way you want to feel, but I personally find it puzzling that you resent the words of Brennan, when she's overly literal, completely obtuse, unintentionally critical, and oblivious to social graces and what might be considered rude to most people/ This is the essense of what makes Brennan who she is. And it is what Booth loves the most about her! He loves that he can correct her, argue with her, tease her, cajole her or even get mad at her...and she takes no offense, becuase she doens't live by other people's ideas of manners.

Yeah, what she said....

Although I will say that Brennan pisses me off a lot when she gets analytically rude, but I have come to know that is her, I try to accept and go on. My head says she doesn't mean it, she doesn't know or understand she's even doing it, it's my ears that have a hard time with it. But I think this year we will see how much she is trying to "be down with it" as she says......and change her persona.

I really think this is "Brennan's year". I just hope it's thrown in with a little bit of back drop on Booth's past. I really say that because in both the promos we have had she has offered similarities between her and Hanah. In the promo at the table when Booth tells her he misses Hanah, she asks if there is anything she can do, he quickly changes the subject. Also, before that, when they are talking on the steps, he talks about arresting Hanah and she references when he arrested her.
I'm hoping all this will make it a fun season.
Maybe HH will see if they make it to S7 and then concentrate on Booth's past for that.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by tinge1990 Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:55 am

erm, i am sorry but are you referring to me?

joybrennan wrote:T
tinge1990 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
bones fan 99 wrote:

What's really funny is she's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. Like, really? loco
Actually, maybe it makes total sense, because if a person can't get the signifigance of Brennan losing her virginity to her former professor - especially in the context of everything else we k ow about her - then I think it's pretty safe to assume they're missing a big chunk of what the show is about. I mean, Brennan isn't supposed to be your average everyday woman and getting mad at her because she's not...you're missing a big point about the story being told. It's like expecting the cast of Glee to be normal - when the show is about being an outcast or misfit.
sigh, okay, obviously things do not can translated well on the internet. if you actually knew me as a person, i dont think the reply will come out the way you actually interpreted it.

I am not mad at Brennan. In fact, I love her and she is the only character I truly love on the show. I think you probably took my comment in terms of the sarcastic vibe that have been surrounding such comments. What I meant was, you would think that someone who is so sexually open would lose her virginity earlier. And yes, I do think 23 is late even for Brennan. I always knew and expected she wouldn't lose it in HighSchool but 23 is when most people have already started working. And she makes it sound like she has had tons of sleeping partners. So maybe it's the generation and the context I grew up in but to me, 23 seems a bit too late for someone who prides herself on being so sexually open. Shrugs.

And also, I am a very casual watcher but a huge BB shipper. I do not have the same interest as you guys to mentally dissect each episode and character. I am on this forum because I do enjoy reading such dissections (and I respect them) and reading spoilers.

This also means that I comment casually. I take things regarding this show at face value. Yes, I know that that is not your style of doing things here and you may occasionally be puzzled as to why people cannot get the big picture of things. Meaning, why can't I get the significance of her losing her virginity to her professor while factoring in her character. Sorry but TV to me is a very casual and just facevalue kinda thing. I hope that you will still respect my posts here as a casual viewer.

Lastly, I am 15. And I drop 'like', 'totally', 'HAHAHA', 'SERIOUSLY?!' a lot. I get from communicating with different people that many people do not actually write like that online. But yes, you will find, like most teenagers my age, I greatly exaggerate all my comments online and I do understand that these may come off wrongly as being sarcastic (because, who seems so overly happy online right? lol). Case in point, in ALL messages to my friends, I MUST have 1 'haha' or 'lol'. Otherwise, I think my comments sound wayyy too harsh.

So, I guess what I am trying to say is...
- Respect that I comment and watch casually. Both tone wise and content wise. I feel that you guys think I have much worse intentions that I have because your posts come from a different place from mine. Thank you (:

tinge1990
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:14 am

[ feequote="tinge1990"]

tinge1990 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
bones fan 99 wrote:

sigh, okay, obviously things do not can translated well on the internet. if you actually knew me as a person, i dont think the reply will come out the way you actually interpreted it.

I am not mad at Brennan. In fact, I love her and she is the only character I truly love on the show. I think you probably took my comment in terms of the sarcastic vibe that have been surrounding such comments. What I meant was, you would think that someone who is so sexually open would lose her virginity earlier. And yes, I do think 23 is late even for Brennan. I always knew and expected she wouldn't lose it in HighSchool but 23 is when most people have already started working. And she makes it sound like she has had tons of sleeping partners. So maybe it's the generation and the context I grew up in but to me, 23 seems a bit too late for someone who prides herself on being so sexually open. Shrugs.

And also, I am a very casual watcher but a huge BB shipper. I do not have the same interest as you guys to mentally dissect each episode and character. I am on this forum because I do enjoy reading such dissections (and I respect them) and reading spoilers.

This also means that I comment casually. I take things regarding this show at face value. Yes, I know that that is not your style of doing things here and you may occasionally be puzzled as to why people cannot get the big picture of things. Meaning, why can't I get the significance of her losing her virginity to her professor while factoring in her character. Sorry but TV to me is a very casual and just facevalue kinda thing. I hope that you will still respect my posts here as a casual viewer.

Lastly, I am 15. And I drop 'like', 'totally', 'HAHAHA', 'SERIOUSLY?!' a lot. I get from communicating with different people that many people do not actually write like that online. But yes, you will find, like most teenagers my age, I greatly exaggerate all my comments online and I do understand that these may come off wrongly as being sarcastic (because, who seems so overly happy online right? lol). Case in point, in ALL messages to my friends, I MUST have 1 'haha' or 'lol'. Otherwise, I think my comments sound wayyy too harsh.

- Respect that I comment and watch casually. Both tone wise and content wise. I feel that you guys think I have much worse intentions that I have because your posts come from a different place from mine. Thank you (:[/quote]

LOL! It definitely helps to know that you're 15. Smile You write very well. 23 IS late - just not for her. She never was able to relate to her peers. She would have entire days when she didn't talk to anyone. Think of her being like socially 15-16 when she was 23 - that might help. Likewise imagine that the only people who seem to like and understand you are your teachers - and one of them is really hot, and once you aren't taking his class anymore he asks you out. Still kind of weird, right? Her first time experience help to explain some of her "unconventional views about sex - her introduction was unconventional.
Thanks for letting me know your age, it helps to know the perspective a person is writing from. As you said, your use of things like lol or "seriously" often come from a different place than someone older. I will definitely keep it in mind. I love you
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:19 am

Brennan was 22 and never said it was a professor she had sex with , that was something that the fans have deduced based on timing, since it was already established that she had an affair with Michael Stires her former professor when she was around the same age, I however prefer to think we are wrong and that Michael wasn't her first, cause that dude was a douchebag.

Here's the transcript of the scene (stolen from somewhere on the net)

BRENNAN: Would you advise Parker that sexual intercourse at age 16 is a wise decision?

BOOTH: What? How did you know that? Wait, what are we talking about?

BRENNAN: Michelle. Cam is afraid Michelle is having sex.

BOOTH: Oh, no, that's not good.

BRENNAN: Well, you just said that you were having sex when you were 16!

BOOTH: Mm-mmm, that's different.

BRENNAN: Oh, so there's a double standard?

BOOTH: Of course. You know what? Cam needs to shut that down. Finished.

BRENNAN: I said that Michelle should wait until she's at least 17-and-a-half.

BOOTH: Is that how old you were?

BRENNAN: No, I was 22.

BOOTH: Twenty-two?!

BRENNAN: Well, don't..why do you sound shocked?

BOOTH: No, it's just...That's a good age. Twenty-two?

BRENNAN: It was an important decision. I gave it a lot of thought. I finally found a man who could provide a skillful introduction..

BOOTH: Okay, you make it sound like it was a class that you took. All right, you know, the first time you should be in love. You know, totally "goo-goo" for the other person.

BRENNAN: Were you when you were 16?

BOOTH: Well, part of me was.

BRENNAN: (she laughs) And if Michelle feels this way, do you think she should be having sex?

BOOTH: No, Michelle should not be having sex until she's 22.

treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:31 am

treble21 wrote:Brennan was 22 and never said it was a professor she had sex with , that was something that the fans have deduced based on timing, since it was already established that she had an affair with Michael Stires her former professor when she was around the same age, I however prefer to think we are wrong and that Michael wasn't her first, cause that dude was a douchebag.

BRENNAN: Would you advise Parker that sexual intercourse at age 16 is a wise decision?

BRENNAN: It was an important decision. I gave it a lot of thought. I finally found a man who could provide a skillful introduction..

BOOTH: Okay, you make it sound like it was a class that you took. All right, you know, the first time you should be in love. You know, totally "goo-goo" for the other person.

BRENNAN: (she laughs) And if Michelle feels this way, do you think she should be having sex?

I just have to say on a light note, that I loved that part of the episode. Probably only part of the episode that was worth much. That conversation was great.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:49 am

joybrennan wrote:[ feequote="tinge1990"]

tinge1990 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
bones fan 99 wrote:

- Respect that I comment and watch casually. Both tone wise and content wise. I feel that you guys think I have much worse intentions that I have because your posts come from a different place from mine. Thank you (:

LOL! It definitely helps to know that you're 15. Smile You write very well. 23 IS late - just not for her. She never was able to relate to her peers. She would have entire days when she didn't talk to anyone. Think of her being like socially 15-16 when she was 23 - that might help. Likewise imagine that the only people who seem to like and understand you are your teachers - and one of them is really hot, and once you aren't taking his class anymore he asks you out. Still kind of weird, right? Her first time experience help to explain some of her "unconventional views about sex - her introduction was unconventional.
Thanks for letting me know your age, it helps to know the perspective a person is writing from. As you said, your use of things like lol or "seriously" often come from a different place than someone older. I will definitely keep it in mind. I love you[/quote]

If my comment was directed at a particular person, I would use a quote...case in point. My observations were made from numerous posts that attack Brennan, and assert that she's not good enough for Booth, or that she's putting him down by referring to him being over the hill etc. yet don't seem to mind when Booth reacts in a way that might be rude or demeaning to Brennan.

Even to the casual observer, the show is deep...has complex ideas presented from many different points of view. Brennan is the way she is. That's a fact...and it's an endearing fact given her past and her intelligence and logical rational way of looking at life. She has coped with being abandonded and put into foster care with abusive foster parents, and she has turned out quite successful, if not a little lacking in certain social graces. Booth is a Heart man..he goes on his gut..he's intuitive..he believes in things that cannot be proven on a lab slide or in a petri dish..He's overcome an abusive father from whom he took the hits rather than allow his brother to be hit...he's spent his whole life defending those that he feels need him..he feel guilt for his bad choices...but he's still cocky and thinks only his way is the right way...only with Brennan does he accept and actually adore those more analytical qualities....That's who he is, and it's endearing. Each and every character has their own personality and motivation for being who they are and reacting the way they do.

At any age, and under any kind of viewing motivation, the story is more enjoyable if you understand that one thing about the show.

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:19 am

treble21 wrote:Brennan was 22 and never said it was a professor she had sex with , that was something that the fans have deduced based on timing, since it was already established that she had an affair with Michael Stires her former professor when she was around the same age, I however prefer to think we are wrong and that Michael wasn't her first, cause that dude was a douchebag.

You are right, she says 22, Stipes says she was 23. Doesn't change much. Those numbers are close - and he STILL was her professor - first, second; still unusual.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by tinge1990 Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:45 pm

joybrennan wrote:
Thanks for letting me know your age, it helps to know the perspective a person is writing from. As you said, your use of things like lol or "seriously" often come from a different place than someone older. I will definitely keep it in mind. I love you
Thank you for respecting my perspective.Very Happy I find it very comforting that you understand and accept the whole language thing and why I type like that. I love you Sometimes, it's frustrating because the way I express myself online can be so markedly different from others (in terms of describing my reactions to things especially) and people tend to interpret it incorrectly. But at the same time, I do not want to change the way I speak and type online just because of them. It's weird and tiring if I were to come here and have to type like in a less informal tone like I am writing a letter to my teacher because a forum is quite a casual place after all. I normally try not to reveal my age because I do not want people to view me any differently.

Haha, but maybe I should write a note as my signature? 'I am 15 so I use 'Haha's and 'Lol' excessively. Please do not be alarmed. Thank you' Lol, maybe...(:

Haha, also thank you for your explanation. I do get it now how the whole losing-it-to-her-professor thing factors in while thinking of her personality. However, I still think that 23 is old. 22 (the age Brennan said) would have been a better age for me personally(: I know that it is only a year apart but I do think that from 22 to 23, there is really a jump in terms of expectations in maturity level. Haha, okay I do not actually know if that happens, but that is just the way it seems to me. Lol.

tinge1990
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by tinge1990 Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:00 am

mommahurley wrote:

If my comment was directed at a particular person, I would use a quote...case in point. My observations were made from numerous posts that attack Brennan, and assert that she's not good enough for Booth, or that she's putting him down by referring to him being over the hill etc. yet don't seem to mind when Booth reacts in a way that might be rude or demeaning to Brennan.

Even to the casual observer, the show is deep...has complex ideas presented from many different points of view. Brennan is the way she is. That's a fact...and it's an endearing fact given her past and her intelligence and logical rational way of looking at life. She has coped with being abandonded and put into foster care with abusive foster parents, and she has turned out quite successful, if not a little lacking in certain social graces. Booth is a Heart man..he goes on his gut..he's intuitive..he believes in things that cannot be proven on a lab slide or in a petri dish..He's overcome an abusive father from whom he took the hits rather than allow his brother to be hit...he's spent his whole life defending those that he feels need him..he feel guilt for his bad choices...but he's still cocky and thinks only his way is the right way...only with Brennan does he accept and actually adore those more analytical qualities....That's who he is, and it's endearing. Each and every character has their own personality and motivation for being who they are and reacting the way they do.

At any age, and under any kind of viewing motivation, the story is more enjoyable if you understand that one thing about the show.
Haha okay, now that you all know I am 15, I feel like I can just release the 'Haha's and 'LOL' and smiley faces Very Happy

Haha, okay, anyway, yes, i do get that both about Brennan's and Booth's character. But if you would like to know my opinion, since you said you were puzzled- most of the time when either Booth or Bones says something hurtful to the other, I cringe. I roll my eyes and go, "What was that for?!" I feel that this is perfectly normal because after all, we all can empathise with the characters on screen.

But the difference between those who truly hate Brennan/Booth and viewers like me is that, I get over it. I obviously think its weird and annoying that Booth/Brennan gets insulted but I do not harp on it and make it a reason why I hate the character. Instead, I move on and accept that it is part and parcel of the character.

However, that said, I think many of us have commented on these things on the forum in the heat of the moment. Meaning we get angry at one character (esp Brennan because she does it the most often) because she does something that is so socially awkward and hurtful to another. I mean, we are all not like angela and can just go "alright sweetie" and understand and accept it right away. However, ultimately, we still rationalize things out and accept Brennan.

Haha, okay I hope I make sense because I am saying all these in a rush! Razz

Gtg study chemistry now. Not the B/B kind... The real kind. puke

tinge1990
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:26 am

I do however agree with you that I don't think Hannah is too young for Booth
It is that one picture of Hannah sitting across from Booth and Brennan in between them. Hannah looks like she could be his daughter in that pic. But then Booth looks "older" [Only admins are allowed to see this image] in that pic so maybe she isn't the problem it is Booth, [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
All the other pics and scenes I have seen I didn't notice it.

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:30 am

the beaver1965 wrote:I don't see anybody commenting on the fact that Brennan says Booth is past his Prime. Oh I forgot, she doesn't mean it that way. She would never be mean to him on purpose. YEAH RIGHT!!!
Where did she say THAT? Booth is IN his Prime - DB is 41 and in great shape which transfers over to his character. I am so not looking forward to when she says that [Only admins are allowed to see this image] I think of Clint Eastwood in Line of Fire -- now HE was WAY past his prime in that movie as a Secret Service Agent. Booth isn't anywhere near that point.

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:34 am

the beaver1965 wrote:You know what Treble, you are so right. It is absolutely ridiculous to love a fictional character like BOOTH so much. I can't help it. My hubby thinks I am goofy.

Booth is my all time favourite TV Character! Well him and Alex P. Keaton (Micheal J. Fox) from Family Ties. Talk about diverse characters!!!

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:50 am

I feel sick everytime I read about how Booth and Hannah are "genuine happy" together. I know Hannah is going to leave eventually, but I just don’t know how much Booth/Hannah lovey dovey crap and Booth boasting about his new relationship-showing off pics of her on his cell. If what SN is true-about Booth coming back thinking he’s moved on, but he’ll realizes that he hasn’t really moved on, than he better start to show some cracks BEFORE Hannah leaves. How are we supposed to believe that he’s having second thoughts when he’s “in love with” Hannah? What is Brennan going to think? What is she going to think when Booth gives his, “I don’t love Hannah, I love you,” speech? She’s not going to believe that he’s in love with her, so she’s not going to pursue him if she thinks he’s in love with someone else-then Booth’s going to come out looking like the biggest douche bag ever and he’ll have to get Brennan to trust him again.

I don't even want B&B to get together anymore because I feel like Booth's love for Brennan will always be taitned with his love for Hannah. If they are so happy together, why don't they just let them live happily ever after...becaus I don't believe that Booth was ever in love with Brennan or tha he'll ever will be.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next