Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Anyone Like the Significant Other for Booth story line?

+20
the beaver1965
Manjachka
heirofloki
bailey
crzy4bones
jro54
RubyRuby
bones fan 99
future_anthro
adbyadby
TinkonBrink
Lo
MI_Bonesgirl
mereva
kat0505
bugaboo628
treble21
dreamerktm411
joybrennan
SnoopGirl
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Do You LIKE the Significant Other for Booth Story Line?

Does Anyone Like the Significant Other for Booth story line? - Page 3 Vote_lcap28%Does Anyone Like the Significant Other for Booth story line? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 32 ]
Does Anyone Like the Significant Other for Booth story line? - Page 3 Vote_lcap41%Does Anyone Like the Significant Other for Booth story line? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 47 ]
Does Anyone Like the Significant Other for Booth story line? - Page 3 Vote_lcap7%Does Anyone Like the Significant Other for Booth story line? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 8 ]
Does Anyone Like the Significant Other for Booth story line? - Page 3 Vote_lcap24%Does Anyone Like the Significant Other for Booth story line? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 27 ]

Total Votes : 114

Does Anyone Like the Significant Other for Booth story line? - Page 3 Empty Re: Does Anyone Like the Significant Other for Booth story line?

Post by jro54 Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:34 am

joybrennan wrote:
SnoopGirl wrote:
Now, on a soap-opera character continuity isn't expected. Part of the
genre is being able to have people change on a dime, add and drop
events as if they never happened.
And age 10-20 years over night and act as those they have lived those years [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Poor Parker...although, in this case they just want him NOT to grow up! I mean, Parker at 17:
"Yo, dad, how could be working with a woman that hot and like, not have a hard-on all day? If I was you, man, I'd be working my ASS off to get in her pants!" Twisted Evil
Yeah...little and cute forever...Poor Parker. Evil or Very Mad

This totally made my day. Laughing
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone Like the Significant Other for Booth story line? - Page 3 Empty Re: Does Anyone Like the Significant Other for Booth story line?

Post by bones fan 99 Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:51 am

joybrennan wrote:
SnoopGirl wrote:
Now, on a soap-opera character continuity isn't expected. Part of the
genre is being able to have people change on a dime, add and drop
events as if they never happened.
And age 10-20 years over night and act as those they have lived those years [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Poor Parker...although, in this case they just want him NOT to grow up! I mean, Parker at 17:
"Yo, dad, how could you be working with a woman that hot and like, not have a hard-on all day? If I was you, man, I'd be working my ASS off to get in her pants!" Twisted Evil

Thats classic!!
bones fan 99
bones fan 99
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:52 am

"Yo,
dad, how could you be working with a woman that hot and like, not have
a hard-on all day? If I was you, man, I'd be working my ASS off to get
in her pants!" Twisted Evil
OMG! I LOVE IT!!!

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:04 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:58 am

mereva wrote:
bugaboo628 wrote:I chose "Are you freaking serious?" Very Happy
So did I.

bugaboo628 wrote:SO plots and storylines are ridiculous at this point in the series; it is just one more way to drag out the will they/won't they.
I agree vehemently.
bugaboo628 wrote:Hart Hanson says he isn't afraid of the "Moonlighting" curse but I firmly believe he is.
He is.
Anybody here old enough to remember "Remington Steele"? The leading couple got together in the freakin' last scene of the last episode. The damn final scene of the series! So, maybe he's afraid of a "Remington Steele" curse as well?!

And when they finally did get together, she couldn't concentrate on Pierce Brosnan because she was mooning about some other dude. Pierce Brosnan isn't good enough? Really?

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bonesfan158 Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:58 am

I may be in the minority here, but I think Hannah is necessary at this particular point in the show. Maybe a "necessary evil". And here are my reasons: Based on last season, we know that Booth is "moving on" with Brennan's blessings because she doesn't know how to be what he wants.
They part ways to "find themselves" or as Brennan stated to "gain perspective".
On to Season 6. From the promos--and interviews with cast, we know that Brennan has determined that working with Booth is in her best interest (see promo at the Diner) and Booth has a new love that is "serious as a heart attack"(see steps promo).
My theory---Hannah is going to be perfect for Booth--exactly what he thinks he wants, until he realizes that although she is perfect--she is not Brennan. He needs to find what he "thinks" he wants before he can realize what he really wants.
Brennan also, has not dealt with her feelings about Booth. She needs to think he has moved on to realize that she doesn't want him to and that he is what she wants "warts and all". She is still in denial about her feelings(diner conversation with Angela). She has resolved her working issues, but not the personal ones.
They both need to get what they "think they want" in order to realize what they really want.
I hope this makes sense to anyone. It is difficult explain my thoughts concisely on this.

bonesfan158
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:43 am

It makes perfect sense and I for one am willing to wade through this morass with them if at the end they find a way to tell each other that they love each other. But if after going through all of this, Hart &co decide on yet another delaying tactic, that will be game over for me I'm afraid.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:23 am

bonesfan158 wrote:I may be in the minority here, but I think Hannah is necessary at this particular point in the show. Maybe a "necessary evil". And here are my reasons: Based on last season, we know that Booth is "moving on" with Brennan's blessings because she doesn't know how to be what he wants.
They part ways to "find themselves" or as Brennan stated to "gain perspective".
On to Season 6. From the promos--and interviews with cast, we know that Brennan has determined that working with Booth is in her best interest (see promo at the Diner) and Booth has a new love that is "serious as a heart attack"(see steps promo).
My theory---Hannah is going to be perfect for Booth--exactly what he thinks he wants, until he realizes that although she is perfect--she is not Brennan. He needs to find what he "thinks" he wants before he can realize what he really wants.
Brennan also, has not dealt with her feelings about Booth. She needs to think he has moved on to realize that she doesn't want him to and that he is what she wants "warts and all". She is still in denial about her feelings(diner conversation with Angela). She has resolved her working issues, but not the personal ones.
They both need to get what they "think they want" in order to realize what they really want.
I hope this makes sense to anyone. It is difficult explain my thoughts concisely on this.

I actually can get behind this. I'm still concerned with how it will all pan out-and it will really SUCK watching Brennan watch Booth be all happy with Hannah-Emily's sad little girl faces? Yeah those will nearly kill me. I just hope Hannah's not around all season.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:47 am

I voted no because in truth...I don't like it... but I'm' resigned to it...I'm ready for it...I'm hopeful it will actually have a positive effect...and I'm going to be watching it becuase...like someone else said...the payoff will not be nearly as sweet as if you just tune in for the good stuff!

It's like... Each time I hike half dome.... 12 hour hike, the first half, gruelling uphill vertical hiking, through mist, mud, hot dry areas, switchbacks that make you want to scream with frustration, slick granite that scares the bejesus out of you picturing yourself plunging to your death...to reach the scariest looking cables... almost panicked and quit at that point the first time,.., but I dug deep and found the courage... mind blowingly hard, scary, grip screaming with pain pull up the cables.... to finally reach the top. OMG the most breathtaking view, and the feeling of accomplishment.. we all lay on the Granite for about 10 minutes just taking it all in...unbelievable feeling of accomplishment....I cry every time. I doubt I would have had all those rushes of emotion and pride, had I merely gotten on a helicopter and been plunked on top!

Just a thought to ponder. I've been accused of trying to force people to
watch...but that's not my motivation at all. I don't need to say, we're all entitled to our own opinions...that is implicit... I merely try to help people see that even someone who was as upset by this as I was, can have a change of heart, can get to a happy place, and can get to the point where they are ready to take the journey no matter where it takes them, because ultimatley the reward will be sweeter when you've taken the complete journey, pain, fear, panic and all. And I want good things for you all. After all we are kindred spirits. No matter what we say on here, or how we think we feel, we all love this show, or we wouldn't be here posting!

And if you can't do it...that's ok too.... But I hope you can. Hope...is a good thing.

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3