Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Anyone Like the Significant Other for Booth story line?

+20
the beaver1965
Manjachka
heirofloki
bailey
crzy4bones
jro54
RubyRuby
bones fan 99
future_anthro
adbyadby
TinkonBrink
Lo
MI_Bonesgirl
mereva
kat0505
bugaboo628
treble21
dreamerktm411
joybrennan
SnoopGirl
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Do You LIKE the Significant Other for Booth Story Line?

Does Anyone Like the Significant Other for Booth story line? Vote_lcap28%Does Anyone Like the Significant Other for Booth story line? Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 32 ]
Does Anyone Like the Significant Other for Booth story line? Vote_lcap41%Does Anyone Like the Significant Other for Booth story line? Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 47 ]
Does Anyone Like the Significant Other for Booth story line? Vote_lcap7%Does Anyone Like the Significant Other for Booth story line? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 8 ]
Does Anyone Like the Significant Other for Booth story line? Vote_lcap24%Does Anyone Like the Significant Other for Booth story line? Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 27 ]

Total Votes : 114

Does Anyone Like the Significant Other for Booth story line? Empty Does Anyone Like the Significant Other for Booth story line?

Post by SnoopGirl Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:23 am

Just wondering and I like Polls [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone Like the Significant Other for Booth story line? Empty Re: Does Anyone Like the Significant Other for Booth story line?

Post by joybrennan Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:30 am

Yeah, I LOVE watching my favorite show F-ked up. It's fabulous. [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Here are some suggestions as to what to DO with the significant other:

She could be caught in a [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

OR [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

OR just simply be

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

And sooner rather than later. After that Booth needs to be seriously [Only admins are allowed to see this link] (although, if Brennan does it, he may enjoy it a bit too much! firedevil

Last edited by joybrennan on Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:44 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Smiley therapy)
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone Like the Significant Other for Booth story line? Empty Re: Does Anyone Like the Significant Other for Booth story line?

Post by dreamerktm411 Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:37 am

Haha. 0 votes so far.
dreamerktm411
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1255
Say What You Want : "I hope you find something that just changes the entire notion of what it means to be human."
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:53 am

Wish we had another option, like I'm ok with it as long as it doesn't last long. As it is I went with yes as long as he doesn't flaunt it.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:01 am

I chose "Are you freaking serious?" Very Happy

SO plots and storylines are ridiculous at this point in the series; it is just one more way to drag out the will they/won't they. Hart Hanson says he isn't afraid of the "Moonlighting" curse but I firmly believe he is.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:21 am

bugaboo628 wrote:I chose "Are you freaking serious?" Very Happy

SO plots and storylines are ridiculous at this point in the series; it is just one more way to drag out the will they/won't they. Hart Hanson says he isn't afraid of the "Moonlighting" curse but I firmly believe he is.
Ditto!
Stupid executives fail to realize the "moonlighting" curse happens when you drag out the ust past being believable - then throw the characters together. Rolling Eyes
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by kat0505 Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:34 am

joybrennan wrote:Yeah, I LOVE watching my favorite show F-ked up. It's fabulous. [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

OR just simply be

And sooner rather than later. After that Booth needs to be seriously [Only admins are allowed to see this link] (although, if Brennan does it, he may enjoy it a bit too much! firedevil

Lol. Don't know about this poll but love your emoticons here. Razz
kat0505
kat0505
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:44 am

bugaboo628 wrote:I chose "Are you freaking serious?" Very Happy
So did I.

bugaboo628 wrote:SO plots and storylines are ridiculous at this point in the series; it is just one more way to drag out the will they/won't they.
I agree vehemently.
bugaboo628 wrote:Hart Hanson says he isn't afraid of the "Moonlighting" curse but I firmly believe he is.
He is.
Anybody here old enough to remember "Remington Steele"? The leading couple got together in the freakin' last scene of the last episode. The damn final scene of the series! So, maybe he's afraid of a "Remington Steele" curse as well?!
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:00 am

JAG was another show that waited until the last minute to get them together. I would like to see a show where the couple ARE together and see how they deal with being a couple AND working together.

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:01 am

I voted YES, I do like the story line. Now, my mind could change after I actually see the episode where Brennan meets Hannah.

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:04 am

SnoopGirl wrote:JAG was another show that waited until the last minute to get them together. I would like to see a show where the couple ARE together and see how they deal with being a couple AND working together.
Oh, then you would like The Closer. Very Happy You just wrote the exact description of the show!
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:05 am

Bug and mereva- get outta my head!!! Exactly what I chose and why I chose it!!
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:06 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:Bug and mereva- get outta my head!!! Exactly what I chose and why I chose it!!
Razz Razz Razz
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Lo Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:19 am

I voted Yes. I really don't think Booth would be flaunting his relationship in Brennan's face ever. He's a very private man. He's only trying to move on. So I just stuck with yes.
Lo
Lo
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 683
Say What You Want : Icon: tempertemper77 @ lj

http://twitter.com/clairedietz

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkonBrink Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:12 am

joybrennan wrote:Yeah, I LOVE watching my favorite show F-ked up. It's fabulous. [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

OR just simply be

Hmmm...smiley/emoticon therapy? Is it working for you?

I voted NO. (But would possibly have voted YES...IF...IF there was "Yes, as long as all this grief, blood, sweat, tears, tantrums...and copious pages of forum posts turns out to actually have a proper purpose."...tagged on at the end. Very Happy

Coz we've had Booth do this [Only admins are allowed to see this image] for ages now.
So it would be a welcome change for Brennan to do this [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Then, when Booth realises that Hannah needs to go
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Maybe it won't be like [Only admins are allowed to see this image] or [Only admins are allowed to see this image] or [Only admins are allowed to see this image] or [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

And we can all get out of the [Only admins are allowed to see this image] and the [Only admins are allowed to see this image] and the [Only admins are allowed to see this image] quagmire.

Then we can all get back to [Only admins are allowed to see this image]...and B&B need to get back to some [Only admins are allowed to see this image] as well...then maybe some [Only admins are allowed to see this image] and then [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Then we could all [Only admins are allowed to see this image] about this whole Hannah fiasco...and celebrate by [Only admins are allowed to see this image] and then [Only admins are allowed to see this image] and [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

...And then we could all say "Do you remember that time when we all freaked out over that Hannah storyline?" [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Phew! That's it peeps! I'm all emoticoned out!
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 652
Say What You Want : A Reporter sat under a Fig Tree one night,
"Where art thou Booth?" She said.
The lightning went Flash!
The tree went Crash!
And squashed the Reporter quite dead.
*Sigh* Isn't poetry lovely?
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://twitter.com/TinkonBrink/

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:49 am

mereva wrote:
MI_Bonesgirl wrote:Bug and mereva- get outta my head!!! Exactly what I chose and why I chose it!!
Razz Razz Razz

YEP! You all get a big

and lots of

joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by adbyadby Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:44 pm

OR just simply be

i am with you 1000% here there will be no sos and we will not bowdown to barbi its like we are just banghead and feels like we are getting boxing

adbyadby
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by adbyadby Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:55 pm

Lo wrote:I voted Yes. I really don't think Booth would be flaunting his relationship in Brennan's face ever. He's a very private man. He's only trying to move on. So I just stuck with yes.

MMM really, a private man, is this why when the comes back in s6e01 he is telling anyone that will listen about his new girl and showing them the photo of her on his cell, and when they first meet it is booth that asks bones have you meet anyone, basically getting her to ask him the same thing so he can tell her yes i have. This some how doesn't seem like a private man to me, more like a man to is rubbing in the face of someone that he has said to have loved and to have know ( yes i will agree he has never said to bones i love you bones, if he had said this her reaction in the 100th would have very different then it was.

adbyadby
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:08 pm

adbyadby wrote:
Lo wrote:I voted Yes. I really don't think Booth would be flaunting his relationship in Brennan's face ever. He's a very private man. He's only trying to move on. So I just stuck with yes.

MMM really, a private man, is this why when the comes back in s6e01 he is telling anyone that will listen about his new girl and showing them the photo of her on his cell, and when they first meet it is booth that asks bones have you meet anyone, basically getting her to ask him the same thing so he can tell her yes i have. This some how doesn't seem like a private man to me, more like a man to is rubbing in the face of someone that he has said to have loved and to have know ( yes i will agree he has never said to bones i love you bones, if he had said this her reaction in the 100th would have very different then it was.

Excellent point. cheers
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:40 pm

I said yes as long as Booth doesn't flaunt it. I mean.. i'd prefer it's not a permanent SO but i don't mind for part of the season because really... that seems to be what it would take to wake Brennan up Smile
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by bones fan 99 Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:03 pm

TinkonBrink wrote:

OR just simply be

Hmmm...smiley/emoticon therapy? Is it working for you?

I voted NO. (But would possibly have voted YES...IF...IF there was "Yes, as long as all this grief, blood, sweat, tears, tantrums...and copious pages of forum posts turns out to actually have a proper purpose."...tagged on at the end. Very Happy

Coz we've had Booth do this [Only admins are allowed to see this image] for ages now.
So it would be a welcome change for Brennan to do this [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Then, when Booth realises that Hannah needs to go
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Maybe it won't be like [Only admins are allowed to see this image] or [Only admins are allowed to see this image] or [Only admins are allowed to see this image] or [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

And we can all get out of the [Only admins are allowed to see this image] and the [Only admins are allowed to see this image] and the [Only admins are allowed to see this image] quagmire.

Then we can all get back to [Only admins are allowed to see this image]...and B&B need to get back to some [Only admins are allowed to see this image] as well...then maybe some [Only admins are allowed to see this image] and then [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Then we could all [Only admins are allowed to see this image] about this whole Hannah fiasco...and celebrate by [Only admins are allowed to see this image] and then [Only admins are allowed to see this image] and [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

...And then we could all say "Do you remember that time when we all freaked out over that Hannah storyline?" [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Phew! That's it peeps! I'm all emoticoned out!

Your both quite fabulous with these smiley things and have to say that all those ideas have zipped through my head at one point or another! I found it really hard to decide what to vote for I really wanted a Yes if it makes Brennan wake up and smell the hunk in the car next to her come on already, maybe she needs another look at that half naked body on the trolley....
bones fan 99
bones fan 99
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:48 am

joybrennan wrote:
adbyadby wrote:

Excellent point. cheers

I absolutely agree with you. Don't get me wrong, I DO NOT hate Booth. I have explained it many many times. I have always been team B&B. But, Booth, I mean BOOTH, purposefully trying to hurt someone he claims to care about (believe to have loved) just doesn't sit well with me, especially after he's known that person for 7 years, known their weaknesses, the good, the bad, and the ugly. When all of this flaunting turns out to have been for nothing, and that person he loves was deeply hurt in the process, he will be back to square one. This is Brennan we are talking about, a woman who takes .things literally, and as she observes them. She hates psychology, so trying to use it in situations, when observing situations does not come naturally to her. All she is going to see is that Booth is happy, and yes she will regret, she will be envious, but she will start to pull away once she manages to convince herself that the decision to say no to taking a chance was the right, because he deserved better than her anyway, and she could never make him happy because she can't change, and she doesn't have an open heart. The only person I could put my trust in with regard to spoilers is ED, and she has said that Brennan after accepting how she feels about Booth, will be happy for him, because she loves him enough to do that. But trusting him when things with Hannah are over, and he realises that she (Brennan) is in fact the one (again), is an entirely different story. Call me negative, but the NUMBER ONE reason I watch Bones is for B&B, and yes, its HH's show and he can write it however he wants, and I have great respect for his writing, but FOR ME right now, the B&B relationship seems (almost) irreparably damaged.

I don't know if many of you ever watched ABC's Alias. The first two seasons were FANTASTIC! They actually got their main characters (Sydney and Vaughn) together (too soon I think) but it worked. Season 3 (after a complicated twist, in comes a significant other, and it acutally was the WORST season. Too much angst, too much being OOC. Vaughn, who was always as lovable, charming, sweet, sincere, and caring as Booth, suddenly became stupid, guilt ridden, and unlikable. People left in droves, and here in Australia, after a mammoth two seasos, the ratings were so awful that those fans who did stick around, had to hound and beg the Seven Network to show it, which it did, around 11:00pm Sad Since that time, I have absolutely abhored SO storylines.
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:28 am

Let's try to keep an open mind guys. The media always makes things looks worse than they actually are...For all we know, Booth could be just showing pics to a couple people who ask about her. Rolling Eyes
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Lo Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:22 am

adbyadby wrote:

Well I see it as he took her reaction in the 100th as ok she doesn't want to try. He warned her he needs to move on. In my opinion I don't feel like showing a picture on a cellphone is flaunting. She obviously wasn't there to meet them yet at this point. I guess it's all opinion, but I see things from Booth's perspective and he's told her what he needed to, it's in her court.
Lo
Lo
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 683
Say What You Want : Icon: tempertemper77 @ lj

http://twitter.com/clairedietz

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:52 am

Oops. I posted this in the wrong thread...I really don't think he's going to purposely fluant his relationship in front of Brennan. As much as I love DB, I don't listen to anything he says. I think Booth will be a little more confident and be like, "this is my life and I'm going for it" but I don't think he will deliberatly date Hannah just to make Brennan jealous. From the promos, it looks like Hannah is into PDA more than he is...when she walks in, he makes a face like, "oh, shit" and then he's like, "what are you doing here?" Then when Hannah goes in to suck on his face, he hesitates and makes a face like he doesn't really want to kiss her, but he has to...And the cell phone thing-I wouldn't surprise if he just shows a couple people that askes about her. The media always makes a bigger deal out of everything.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next