Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wonder what the time jump will do to B&B?

+12
treble21
HRenni3123
bonesparticulat
future_anthro
MI_Bonesgirl
elyon
HeyHey
Beliskner
HermioneGirl101
bk201
Kamera
jro54
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Wonder what the time jump will do to B&B? - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder what the time jump will do to B&B?

Post by HermioneGirl101 Mon May 24, 2010 11:21 am

future_anthro wrote:
bk201 wrote:I expect something big at their reunion at the reflecting pool
That's all i'm going to be thinking about for the next few months. I'm going to ignore SO talk etc etc because really.. it could all be BS and no point worrying about.

That's what I'm doing. I think we should all remain positive over the hiatus, and therefore ignore all the SO stuff.
HermioneGirl101
HermioneGirl101
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 444
Say What You Want : I'll watch Bones through thick and thin. No storyline will change that!
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Back to top Go down

Wonder what the time jump will do to B&B? - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder what the time jump will do to B&B?

Post by HRenni3123 Mon May 24, 2010 11:34 am

I really want them to get together too, but we have to try and understand that if they delve into a relationship, the series will get stale. I know we'd had our hopes up multiple times, just to be crushed, but HH and SN have both practically stated that they WILL get together eventually...we just don't know when or how. As in any TV show with such a large fan base demanding the two main characters become romantically involved, they will at some point. I have no doubt in my mind of that. I just hope they give us a little love PRIOR to the very last episode of the season (i.e. JAG). Bones definitely gets me riled up....it excites me...it disappoints me...but I don't dwell on those feelings. You have to take what you get and hope that everything eventually works out, which is what I'm doing right now.

It sounds, to me, like Booth will be coming back with a significant other...heck I wouldn't be surprised if he's engaged. And I have a feeling that the year off is going to make Brennan realize her feelings and she's going to be prepared to share that with Booth, only to be dismayed at his attachmednt to someone else. This would represent a complete change with our two main characters -- a flip flop of emotion of sorts. Not that I LIKE that idea, but it will add an interesting dynamic to the two characters. We'll hopefully FINALLY see some jealousy from Brennan....you just have to look at the positive side of things. And however painful it will be to see them as a "non-couple"...I know that it will get better eventually. There is no way HH is having either of these characters eternally attached someone else. I truly believe that. My biggest fear is that people stop watching because they are not patient enough to wait for the inevitable...I want this show on FOREVER...and I'm afraid of losing viewership because of the tactics of the writers. Which is why I decided to post...try to re-focus everyone on the bright side of things Smile

HRenni3123

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Mon May 24, 2010 11:55 am

HermioneGirl101 wrote:
future_anthro wrote:
That's all i'm going to be thinking about for the next few months. I'm going to ignore SO talk etc etc because really.. it could all be BS and no point worrying about.

That's what I'm doing. I think we should all remain positive over the hiatus, and therefore ignore all the SO stuff.

I totally agree with you guys. We should all remain positive and not worry about this SO BS just yet until we see some sides or SN/HH confirms it, then we can push the 'panic' button.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Mon May 24, 2010 12:00 pm

HermioneGirl101 wrote:
future_anthro wrote:

Oops. I guess I accidentally sent my post twice.

Last edited by jro54 on Mon May 24, 2010 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Mon May 24, 2010 12:17 pm

HRenni3123 wrote:I really want them to get together too, but we have to try and understand that if they delve into a relationship, the series will get stale. I know we'd had our hopes up multiple times, just to be crushed, but HH and SN have both practically stated that they WILL get together eventually...we just don't know when or how. As in any TV show with such a large fan base demanding the two main characters become romantically involved, they will at some point. I have no doubt in my mind of that. I just hope they give us a little love PRIOR to the very last episode of the season (i.e. JAG). Bones definitely gets me riled up....it excites me...it disappoints me...but I don't dwell on those feelings. You have to take what you get and hope that everything eventually works out, which is what I'm doing right now.

It sounds, to me, like Booth will be coming back with a significant other...heck I wouldn't be surprised if he's engaged. And I have a feeling that the year off is going to make Brennan realize her feelings and she's going to be prepared to share that with Booth, only to be dismayed at his attachmednt to someone else. This would represent a complete change with our two main characters -- a flip flop of emotion of sorts. Not that I LIKE that idea, but it will add an interesting dynamic to the two characters. We'll hopefully FINALLY see some jealousy from Brennan....you just have to look at the positive side of things. And however painful it will be to see them as a "non-couple"...I know that it will get better eventually. There is no way HH is having either of these characters eternally attached someone else. I truly believe that. My biggest fear is that people stop watching because they are not patient enough to wait for the inevitable...I want this show on FOREVER...and I'm afraid of losing viewership because of the tactics of the writers. Which is why I decided to post...try to re-focus everyone on the bright side of things Smile

I like the way you think. We still don't know for sure if Booth is really going to come back with a SO (or engaged?) but we should prepare for the worst. I don't really like third parties, but if it does happen, we should just look at it in the long run and focus on the positive outcomes.

But what ever happens, I have no doubt that BB will eventually get together...because this show is all about two protagonist characters and their relationship, so it would be completely ridiculous for HH/SN to not have them at least get together in the series finale.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by bonesparticulat Mon May 24, 2010 12:57 pm

Still, I am convinced that they can be together in some way without the show just running out of ideas. Look for instance at House where they've finally gotten House & cuddy together and will follow them trying to make it work. They are still very different people, with different attitudes about lots of things. They don't need to agree 100% on everything. Plenty of fun to be had with them together, e.g., keeping it a secret for a while, money issues, living arrangements, etc. etc.

Last edited by bonesparticulat on Mon May 24, 2010 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
bonesparticulat
bonesparticulat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-12-10

http://bonesparticulat.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamera Mon May 24, 2010 2:40 pm

I would just like to think of Bones like a really long movie. I think everything will turn out alright the SO is just to give a little flare....but if it turns out they choose to get together the last five minutes of the show, oh someone will get hurt >_>. shoot
Kamera
Kamera
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 68
Say What You Want : Bones, Bones, Bones, Bones, Uh...and Bones GO B&B
Registration date : 2010-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Mon May 24, 2010 9:47 pm

bonesparticulat wrote:Still, I am convinced that they can be together in some way without the show just running out of ideas. Look for instance at House where they've finally gotten House & cuddy together and will follow them trying to make it work. They are still very different people, with different attitudes about lots of things. They don't need to agree 100% on everything. Plenty of fun to be had with them together, e.g., keeping it a secret for a while, money issues, living arrangements, etc. etc.

Took house and cuddy 6 years though, Bones is a season behind.....
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Mon May 24, 2010 10:00 pm

Ummm... as I already mentioned, there is another example: 'The Closer'. Even though (haha) Fritz and Brenda got together in the 1st(!) season and are married by now, the show still stays very successful and starts its 6th season in a month. So it's actually possible to put a couple together and have good ratings anyway, no need to wait until 6th/last season to do it.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Mon May 24, 2010 10:07 pm

mereva wrote:Ummm... as I already mentioned, there is another example: 'The Closer'. Even though (haha) Fritz and Brenda got together in the 1st(!) season and are married by now, the show still stays very successful and starts its 6th season in a month. So it's actually possible to put a couple together and have good ratings anyway, no need to wait until 6th/last season to do it.

I don't disagree at all, I think it's very possible to do it.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Groovycathers Mon May 24, 2010 10:09 pm

mereva wrote:Ummm... as I already mentioned, there is another example: 'The Closer'. Even though (haha) Fritz and Brenda got together in the 1st(!) season and are married by now, the show still stays very successful and starts its 6th season in a month. So it's actually possible to put a couple together and have good ratings anyway, no need to wait until 6th/last season to do it.

I've never seen it but what a good idea! I could have coped with waiting until S5 but they've built up the relationship side to the point of fan frenzy it's making the whole thing so unbelievable.

My husband and I faffed around for 5 months before we started dating - lots of UST but there were at least two kisses. All our friends said that seemed to take forever! Seven years (in Bonesworld)... crazy?!

Groovycathers
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Beliskner Mon May 24, 2010 10:30 pm

First I love ''The Closer'' and it is possible according to that serie.

2nd the 3rd party, it would probably be Booth, because a warzone is soooooo (not sarcastic at ALL) romantic to fall in love, but staying realistic, if I'm correct there can't be any female Rangers and Booth is pretty much about rules ---> fraternization policy.

Stop with the 3rd party involvement, it's been done before, I'd rather see B/B remain close friends with the occaisonal talk about their sexlife and potential for more then putting them with a 3rd party who will be hated by the entire community.

Familair scenario? JAG, Mac/Harm/Brumby/Renee. Blegh it's all been done before HH.

Now if Brennan would return with a 3rd party, then I would be speechless, the only thing I could come up with is if she sould come back with a adopted baby.
Beliskner
Beliskner
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 350
Say What You Want : The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready, and it may be a long time before they get off
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Mon May 24, 2010 10:38 pm

Stop with the 3rd party involvement, it's been done before...
And just how often!!!

From twitter:
"Hope @harthanson hasn't seen the Friends episode where Ross goes 2 China, Rachel realises she loves him & he comes back with a girlfriend"
HH's answer @breeannelove: "What? Oh rats...."

Ring any bells? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Tue May 25, 2010 1:30 am

Ok-I rewatched it this morning-it was a little more bearable, but yeah-I still hate it. IDK, I guess I just don't get it. But then again, knowing about the SO now totally deflated the ending even more than it already was.

Booth: "One year from now, we meet at the reflecting pool"
Brennan: "I know-by the coffee cart"
Me: "yeah-don't forget the SO's." Rolling Eyes

Really, HH?? 3rd parties? After B&B have known each other for what will it be-8 years? Come on. After a horrible finale, they are really going to rub salt in the wounds with a 3rd party arc? This isn't season 2 or 3 anymore. This will be season 6. 3rd parties after 8 years and they want us to still believe there is any hope for a B&B future.

I still hate the fact they used the Army as Booth's outlet to run away. That makes no sense at all for his character. So in season 6 we get to look forward to a Booth with possible-Post traumatic stress disorder, and possible anger issues. Watching him build up his walls, and shut everyone else out-and possibly with a GF. Sounds like a load of fun to me.

The time jump really doesn't bother me, as much as the length of the time jump. I'm really actually quite annoyed that we will miss the 1st year of the Hodgela marriage. I really don't want them to come back with a kid. JFC-if we can't have B&B at least let us enjoy Hodgela.

And I'm kinda of hoping Daisy gets eaten by something in Indonesia.

On a positive note-I did find one other parallel to S4 finale that I haven't seen mentioned yet-There was a Motley Crue-Dr Feelgood album in the hoarder's apartment Very Happy
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Tue May 25, 2010 1:45 am

I'm just going to forget about third parties, until the S6 comes around...

Let's look on a the bright side, Emily said that she Hart are discussing whether or not they are going to get together next season and that Brennan will fall (her feelings for Booth) sometimes next season...so I'm okay with TEMPORARY third parties, just along as it pushes Brennan over the edge.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Tue May 25, 2010 2:08 am

I watched the episode from season one last night with Tessa and Brennan's reaction was exactly the same as her reaction to Catherine -- constantly bringing her up in awkward ways. If Booth comes back with an SO, are we really going to have to sit through this whole scenario a third time? Brennan with another guy would break the back of the show at this point. And I agree, no babies now.

Also, are we supposed to believe that Brennan wants 'time and space' and that the two aren't going to phone, write or skype for a whole year? That's what it sounded like. Incommunicado for a year. Really, in this day and age?

And MI_Bonesgirl I so agree about the whole army bit. But I've decided to look at it this way -- when Booth pretended he was dead at the end of season 3, there was a hidden agenda for that. What I'm hoping is that Booth went back in the army, not because Brennan left him no choice, but because he has an agenda -- karmic balance, payback for Teddy Parker, revenge for some secret injustice we don't yet know about. I don't really think that HH would have sent him back into the military just as a filler. There has to be some underlying cause or causes other than the pure altruism of 'saving lives' that Booth knows but we don't. Hopefully we'll find out something next season.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Tue May 25, 2010 2:39 am

Brennan had the same reaction when she found out Booth was back with Cam too. And Rebecca. She was annoying about his sex life with the both of them. The definition of insanity one again.
I was kind of thinking about this spin with the SO's.. If Brennan comes back with a boyfriend-maybe it will be positive for her, learning that she can indeed love someone. And it will last for a few episodes, but once she sees Booth, all of her feelings that she never let out for him come to the surface, plus his issues that he will most likely come back with-she will drop the new guy to be at Booth's side. I almost think I could live that scenario, rather than Booth coming back with someone and having Brennan be all annoying again..
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Tue May 25, 2010 2:48 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:Really, HH?? 3rd parties? After B&B have known each other for what will it be-8 years? Come on. ...
I still hate the fact they used the Army as Booth's outlet to run away. That makes no sense at all for his character. So in season 6 we get to look forward to a Booth with possible-Post traumatic stress disorder, and possible anger issues. Watching him build up his walls, and shut everyone else out-and possibly with a GF. Sounds like a load of fun to me.
What a fun, indeed. Lots and lots of. puke
As my (big) baby says, "yuck squared, mom, simply yuck squared".
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Tue May 25, 2010 2:50 am

Baby got it right. Yuck to the power of n, to paraphrase poor old Zach.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Tue May 25, 2010 3:02 am

Yeah total yuck squared on the 3rd party. But since it's gonna happen, I need to start finding some positive in it.
We should have a new contest-How many ways can Hart come up with in season 6 to keep B&B separated.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Tue May 25, 2010 3:20 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:Yeah total yuck squared on the 3rd party. But since it's gonna happen, I need to start finding some positive in it.
We should have a new contest-How many ways can Hart come up with in season 6 to keep B&B separated.
Well... here are some ideas for starters:
* Booth comes back with a GF/engaged/married
* Brennan comes back with a BF/baby (not engaged/married because she "doesn't believe in marriage institution" bla-bla-bla)
*Booth or Brennan become a gay (What?! This is stupid and 3rd parties are not?!)
* Hence SO are announced to be 'temporary', Booth will temporary marry Daisy or Brennan will temporary marry Sweets or Fisher, your choice Razz
* FBI forbids by an extra order for Booth and Brennan to be together in the same room

And I'm SURE that HH's and SN's ideas could be (will be? pale ) even more 'clever' and 'sophisticated'.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorna Doone Tue May 25, 2010 3:20 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:

I still hate the fact they used the Army as Booth's outlet to run away. That makes no sense at all for his character. So in season 6 we get to look forward to a Booth with possible-Post traumatic stress disorder, and possible anger issues.

I agree with you about the choice Hart made in having going back into the Army was his "unique opportunity" he couldn't say 'no' to, however, I do see the potential for Brennan to be there for Booth in dealing with any PTSD or other issues. We saw a little of that this year with the introduction of Booth's grandfather (opening up the possibility of the Return of Booth's Father) and of course Brennan was Booth's Village for a time (at least until Parker came to the conclusion that he didn't need a Village or a Dad anymore).

I don't really think either Booth or Brennan is going to bring back a significant other. Someone tweeted the Rachel/Ross/China girl friend scenario and his reply seemed a sarcastic rejection of it as something he's planning on. Also, I recall that Tamara hinting that the brain tumor issue hasn't gone away, yet we saw nothing about that in the finale. We did see Booth holding a photo of he and Teddy Parker. Could Booth return with Teddy rather than a girl friend? Teddy told Booth in Hero that maybe his purpose was to get Booth to tell the woman he loves that he loves her.

I don't know...I'm grasping at straws here. affraid

Lorna

Lorna Doone
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Beliskner Tue May 25, 2010 3:44 am

Booth is going to be a role model, his rank / age, lots of the younger guys there will look up to him as a rolemodel / fatherfigure. (he will be almost twice the age of the average guy / woman there.
Im going to assume it's the same in the US as it is here, that it's highly frowned upon to start a relationship in a warzone, that and we don't even have a fraternization policy like the US militairy.
Beliskner
Beliskner
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 350
Say What You Want : The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready, and it may be a long time before they get off
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Tue May 25, 2010 3:50 am

mereva wrote:
MI_Bonesgirl wrote:Yeah total yuck squared on the 3rd party. But since it's gonna happen, I need to start finding some positive in it.
Well... here are some ideas for starters:
* Booth comes back with a GF/engaged/married
* Brennan comes back with a BF/baby (not engaged/married because she "doesn't believe in marriage institution" bla-bla-bla)
*Booth or Brennan become a gay (What?! This is stupid and 3rd parties are not?!)
* Hence SO are announced to be 'temporary', Booth will temporary marry Daisy or Brennan will temporary marry Sweets or Fisher, your choice Razz
* FBI forbids by an extra order for Booth and Brennan to be together in the same room

And I'm SURE that HH's and SN's ideas could be (will be? pale ) even more 'clever' and 'sophisticated'.

Here's another one-Parker is so distraught after not seeing his dad for an entire year (And WHO'S fault is that?) that he convinces Rebecca to let Booth move in with them so he can have both parents together again-which leads them to falling back in love with each other. What? It could happen-it's not like it would be the 1st time they would use a 10 year old for manipulation. Rolling Eyes

Or..
A criminal puts a death threat out on Brennan forcing her to go into witness protection far away from DC, while Booth as to stay behind to catch them.

Or..
Booth comes back with a GF-breaks up with her, starts a relationship with Brennan, only for said GF to come pack pregnant. Brennan pushes him away and tells him to be a dad-don't let the same thing happen that happened with Parker.

Or..
Brain Tumor comes back and Booth is given X-amount of time to live, therefore they won't start a relationship. The kicker?? He doesn't die.

Or..
Hacker gets insanely jealous over a potential B&B relationship so he transfers Booth out of DC.

I'll stop now... loco
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Tue May 25, 2010 4:14 am

Dear Bonesgirl, the guy doesn't need our help. They have thought up five going on six years of barriers for this couple and by the time they come back from their sabbatical, they will have known each other for 88888888 years! Enough already. If B&B can't figure it out after 8 years, why should we bother.? But I think getting snatched by aliens from Atlantis might be a good storyline. Brennan, preferably so we can watch Booth try to find her. (Hint: look in the yellow submarine). What do you think?

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next