Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When do you actually want Booth and Brennan to get together??

+9
MI_Bonesgirl
jro54
THX1138
mereva
oldie
bones_fanatic19
treble21
jcn747
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

When do you actually want Booth and Brennan to get together?? Empty When do you actually want Booth and Brennan to get together??

Post by jcn747 Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:19 pm

So after reading al the spoilers, and the comments, i was just wondering how many people actually want them together now, or want them together soon or at the end of the season etc.

I am one of the people who want them to get together half way through the end season, so we can see their relationship grow, and there is no loss of tension.
jcn747
jcn747
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 370
Say What You Want : !!We are talking about translation!!
Burdens that allow us to fly
--
"It's not always rainbows and butterflies It's compromise that moves us along, my heart is full and my doors always open you come anytime you want "
♥ Maroon 5 ♥
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

When do you actually want Booth and Brennan to get together?? Empty Re: When do you actually want Booth and Brennan to get together??

Post by treble21 Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:10 pm

I don't want them together right now, I'd like it to happen in the season finale, and I'm willing to wait till next season. But I don't want TIIC to throw them together at the last second of the last show, I'd like to see them be in a relationship at some point.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

When do you actually want Booth and Brennan to get together?? Empty Re: When do you actually want Booth and Brennan to get together??

Post by bones_fanatic19 Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:14 pm

I don't want it to be the case of, we have to wait til the last two or three episodes because the UST will be lost. I would love to see them together in the season finale or the beginning of the next season, as long as we have at least a season or so of seeing actually together in a relationship, because many shows we see the build up but miss out on the actual relationship.
bones_fanatic19
bones_fanatic19
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1112
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by oldie Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:20 am

I know it is not going to happen by the end of the season, as much as we may want it. I was just re-reading SN's statement about the GD, and he says that by the end of the finale, B&B's relationship will be different. That combined with HH's speech in Canada, where he said he was never putting them together until the very end of the series, it is pretty well spelled out for us.
What I want is for them to get together early next season. I would like this season to end differently, but it is already filmed.
Basically, I can't wish for something that is not going to happen. Sadly, that may mean for the entire series.
I am wondering when TPTB will catch on.

oldie

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:26 am

I want them together by the end of THIS season. Because I want to see their relationship, not just dancing around each other (that we already got plenty of).
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:32 am

I'm still at a loss when folks say they don't want them together because of the loss of UST. Hello, UST is not the only way to run a show, in fact a lot of shows have established couples who have healthy sex lives and still manage just fine - the key is writing. You have to substitute Angst/Drama/Jealousy/Danger for the UST. Plus let's not forget that just 'cause they're in a relationship that doesn't mean it's all peaches and cream, lots of long established relationships have their problems, sometimes something happens and the dynamic is off, sometimes someone comes along and you can't deny your attraction - what would happen if Brennan and Booth were in a relationship, but were having issues, and suddenly Rebecca comes back in the picture wanting another shot at a life with Booth? You don't think THAT could replace UST for ohhhh half a season or so?

Anyway I'm with Mer, at the end of this season, no later. I want to see them grow together, and I want to see them fight, make up, the whole 9 yards.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:05 am

I don't think they are going to get together this season and sail off into the sunset, but I also don't think they are going to go their separate ways. What really bugs me is that fans already say that they are going to stop watching Bones just because of what the spoilers and actors say. We are not going to know what actually happens until we watch the 8 episodes and statements like, "B&B's relationship will be different," doesn't mean that the finale will end "bad". The finale can still be good without B&B getting together like if they admit their feelings to each other and then he goes off to train soldiers for 6 months, they won't be together, but it will give us some hope that good things will happen next season.

I don't want B&B to get together this season, but I also don't want them to get together in the last 5 seconds of the series finale, so maybe the finale before the finale season (Didn't HH say that there will only be 7 seasons? so the S6 finale)
Then in the final season, we will see them in a relationship, but once they admit their feelings to each other, what else could possibly keep them apart?
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:29 am

Robert, may I kiss you?! [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:19 am

mereva wrote:Robert, may I kiss you?! [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Sure, just make it quick or ToZ might get jealous!

king RM

I know what you're thinking, the way we pick at each other and the way ToZ is at my throat all the time? I got two words for you kids: Foreplay Baby
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by 192630 Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:31 am

I would like them take steps forward toward a relationship, but I don't think that is going to happen this year. It will be interesting to see how the remaining episodes play out. I just don't know how they can revert back to S1. From what David was saying, it looks like in the GD episode, Brennan has to re-visit how to talk to a jury like in "Girl in the Fridge," S1. Brennan character has showed a lot of progress this year, but sometimes I get tired of seeing her role being that of some one who never has a clue.

Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:40 am

192630 wrote:I would like them take steps forward toward a relationship, but I don't think that is going to happen this year. It will be interesting to see how the remaining episodes play out. I just don't know how they can revert back to S1. From what David was saying, it looks like in the GD episode, Brennan has to re-visit how to talk to a jury like in "Girl in the Fridge," S1. Brennan character has showed a lot of progress this year, but sometimes I get tired of seeing her role being that of some one who never has a clue.
Thank YOU! It's so frustrating, the woman's a genius with a disturbingly steep learning curve and you saw that in S1, and as S2/S3 progressed she showed that ability to learn on the fly so by the end of S3 you were thinking "She's almost there...."

Then of course S4 came around ant it was a crap shoot each week which Brennan we'd get - the one who'd been learning from Booth for 3+ years or the emotionally stunted scientist of Pre-Booth times. We have seen her do better though, this year. She's mostly shown very real growth even correcting Booth when he should know better - I really enjoy that aspect of her character in S5, that she's become more open, more emotive, and still has her rationalist roots. It's like the little girl in her is coming out and making herself felt more and more.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:51 am

THX1138 wrote:I know what you're thinking, the way we pick at each other and the way ToZ is at my throat all the time? I got two words for you kids: Foreplay Baby
Okaaaaay... then I'll do it in very quick and in a very modest way: [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
(We don't really want to make Toz jealous, do we?)
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:04 am

I would like to see the rest of this season to serve as the catalyst for them to get together at the beginning of season 6. IMO they are out of options. Will they won't they is OLD. They need to either be together or have them apart. If they pulled them apart permanently at this stage it would most likely be fatal for the show.
DB has even as much as said they are in a relationship-but without the benefits and if HH is really worried about losing the sexual tension he should really go back and watch the 1st 3 seasons. There is next to no tension anymore just Booth acting like a sad lovesick puppy.
I know I have had my share of angst over the end of this season but I think they do need to shake it up a bit.
If anyone can make B&B work in a relationship it's David & Emily. They have enough tension between them that they can easily keep it alive on screen.
Basically Bones has become all about B&B anyway so why not let it be? I would love to see their relationship progress romantically. For the awwww factor if nothing else. It's been 5 years. They are best friends they are perfect for each other it's time to take it to the next level people!!
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:15 am

The chances, that they really will be together by the end of s5, decrease with every minute now: there are many new interviews/spoilers in another spoiler threads, and they all just totally broke my heart all over again.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:18 am

mereva wrote:The chances, that they really will be together by the end of s5, decrease with every minute now: there are many new interviews/spoilers in another spoiler threads, and they all just totally broke my heart all over again.
Okay Mer, for your own good I'm gonna ask you to get in the SPOILER shelter now. I'm trying really hard to hang onto that slim sliver of hope that HH isn't a soulless tool bent on ruining the show for me, and hon? You're bringing me down.

Say it with me folks, Denial - it ain't just a river in Egypt!

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankuuh Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:36 am

I would be oke with them getting together halfway the 6th season. Not now, because there are still to much issues. I would be oke with the halfway part because like someone said before you can see them grow but you dont see them as a living together couple ( I dont think it will come to that on screen).

Although its getting old that they do this trick all over again, the dating other people (or Brennan dating ) and than they become close to get all hysterical over something else. They need to solve that once and for all, and they have the first half of season 6 to do that.

If not, im coming after them Wink.
Ankuuh
Ankuuh
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by anteater Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:00 am

Ideally, I would love to see them together at the end of this season but I don't think that is going to happen so I will realistically like them together by the middle of next season. If they are not together by then, I think that the show will start to fizzle out for me.
anteater
anteater
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:38 am

THX1138 wrote:...I'm trying really hard to hang onto that slim sliver of hope that HH isn't a soulless tool bent on ruining the show for me,...
Good luck. No joking here.
...and hon? You're bringing me down.
OK, I promise NOT to comment on spoilers anymore. [Only admins are allowed to see this image] So the possible bringing you down could be HH's achievement alone. [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:48 am

Why do so many people think that the finale is going to be so horrible that they might jump ship and take refuge in bomb shelter just because of what some spoilers and DB's big mouth say????? Everything that the spoilers and actors say can mean many things, and the don't necessarily mean that the finale will be "bad" and we won't know exactly how things are going to go until with see the 8 episodes and listen to what the characters say.

I think the shelter idea is cute, but the people who say, "Oh, I don't think I will ever watch Bones again because the finale is going to end really really bad," are starting to annoy me (especially the fans who comment on the bonesspoilerblog) I LOVE this show (I mean I LOVE) and it would take a lot for me to stop watching, but realistically, B&B are not going to their separate ways and start their relationship all over again (unless HH is a horrible evil little monster who has completely lost his mind) because the whole show is about how their relationship progresses and why would they just put an end to all of it and then repeat the last 5 years?

I am not worried at all because there no question that B&B belong together and that they will end up together. I love you And people just need quit complaining and watch the show because everything will work out in the end.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:04 am

jro54 wrote:Why do so many people think that the finale is going to be so horrible that they might jump ship and take refuge in bomb shelter just because of what some spoilers and DB's big mouth say????? Everything that the spoilers and actors say can mean many things, and the don't necessarily mean that the finale will be "bad" and we won't know exactly how things are going to go until with see the 8 episodes and listen to what the characters say.
I'll take a stab with 1) Past experience, 2) HH's stated preference that they NEVER get together because he believes it would ruin the show's dynamic, 3) not just a few spoilers, but all the spoilers, tweets, and comments made by HH, SN, and DB allude to them NOT getting together. I mean, if it sounds like a runaway locomotive, and it looks like a runaway locomotive, and the ground is shaking like you're in the path of a runaway locomotive...well you can continue to think it's a fluffy bunny hoppin' down the road to rub fuzzies with you, me? I'm gonna stand waaaay over there.

I think the shelter idea is cute, but the people who say, "Oh, I don't think I will ever watch Bones again because the finale is going to end really really bad," are starting to annoy me (especially the fans who comment on the bonesspoilerblog) I LOVE this show (I mean I LOVE) and it would take a lot for me to stop watching, but realistically, B&B are not going to their separate ways and start their relationship all over again (unless HH is a horrible evil little monster who has completely lost his mind) because the whole show is about how their relationship progresses and why would they just put an end to all of it and then repeat the last 5 years?
I'll go with "Hart Hanson is a blinkered philistine who actually believes in the so called Moonlighting Curse." Seriously, the man has on numerous occasions (and DB has as well BTW) directly referenced the Moonlighting Curse when asked why B&B weren't together. The fun part is, he's part of Hollywood and he actually believes in the curse even though it isn't real and the stories about it are based on myths, not reality. He honestly thinks the week after B&B sleep together the show's ratings will drop in the toilet. If it were up to him it would run for 20 years and Episode S20E22 would end with a graying (but still hot) Brennan turning to an aging (but still...nah, he'd be old) Booth saying "Why does everyone think we're together?"

I am not worried at all because there no question that B&B belong together and that they will end up together. I love you And people just need quit complaining and watch the show because everything will work out in the end.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Oh lord, I recall being so young and innocent - kid, let me tell ya', ain't nothing in life guaranteed, and as fans it's not just our prerogative to bitch and moan, it's our duty! If we don't how will they know when the screw up colossally (like he did with the S4 finale - or does anyone really believe that was planned? He's spent a FULL season fixing that screw up). Nah, I'm all for giving HH some slack, just enough for me to hang him with. Any more and his head might pop off when I drop the trap door.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:50 am

Ok don't flame me for this, but we've heard ALOT about the end of this season. I may be WAY off here since I've just started following he show online, but this seems like a huge shitstorm of negativity to me from HH SN and DB. Almost like they are going out of their way to make it known that B&B won't be together. I'm starting to wonder if maybe it's just a cover to make us think it won't happen....when in reality the last scene of the finale it will happen. Thoughts?
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:59 am

THX1138 wrote:
jro54 wrote:Why do so many people think that the finale is going to be so horrible that they might jump ship and take refuge in bomb shelter just because of what some spoilers and DB's big mouth say????? Everything that the spoilers and actors say can mean many things, and the don't necessarily mean that the finale will be "bad" and we won't know exactly how things are going to go until with see the 8 episodes and listen to what the characters say.
I'll take a stab with 1) Past experience, 2) HH's stated preference that they NEVER get together because he believes it would ruin the show's dynamic, 3) not just a few spoilers, but all the spoilers, tweets, and comments made by HH, SN, and DB allude to them NOT getting together. I mean, if it sounds like a runaway locomotive, and it looks like a runaway locomotive, and the ground is shaking like you're in the path of a runaway locomotive...well you can continue to think it's a fluffy bunny hoppin' down the road to rub fuzzies with you, me? I'm gonna stand waaaay over there.

I'll go with "Hart Hanson is a blinkered philistine who actually believes in the so called Moonlighting Curse." Seriously, the man has on numerous occasions (and DB has as well BTW) directly referenced the Moonlighting Curse when asked why B&B weren't together. The fun part is, he's part of Hollywood and he actually believes in the curse even though it isn't real and the stories about it are based on myths, not reality. He honestly thinks the week after B&B sleep together the show's ratings will drop in the toilet. If it were up to him it would run for 20 years and Episode S20E22 would end with a graying (but still hot) Brennan turning to an aging (but still...nah, he'd be old) Booth saying "Why does everyone think we're together?"

Laughing Laughing Laughing Oh lord, I recall being so young and innocent - kid, let me tell ya', ain't nothing in life guaranteed, and as fans it's not just our prerogative to bitch and moan, it's our duty! If we don't how will they know when the screw up colossally (like he did with the S4 finale - or does anyone really believe that was planned? He's spent a FULL season fixing that screw up). Nah, I'm all for giving HH some slack, just enough for me to hang him with. Any more and his head might pop off when I drop the trap door.

king RM

I didn't say they were going to get together this season and I don't think they are, but they will get together EVENTUALLY. What I meant was, why do people think that the finale is going to be so bad? HH, SN, and DB have alluded that they they won't get together this season, but that doesn't mean it's going to "bad". The finale still be good without them getting together like ...maybe Brennan admits her feelings to him, but he going to go train soldiers for 6 months...They won't get together, but it will still be happy and give us some hope that good things will happen next season.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by 19ana89 Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:10 am

I'd say I don't want them to hook up right away... If that were to happen, then it might turn out to be a bad story. I'd say either the finale, or early on in season 6. I don't like to wait too long, but I don't want just thrown together either...
19ana89
19ana89
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1938
Say What You Want : Ones who flaunt their power disappear when the truly powerful appear.
Registration date : 2009-01-13

https://www.facebook.com/19ana89

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:14 am

ok I don't think HH has ever said that he NEVER wants B/B together, I actually remember a tweet last summer or very very early this season in which he said in reply to a question, that he knows how B/B get together just not when. and yes he has alluded to the "moonlighting curse" ( which is crap) but that doesn't mean he's never going to allow those 2 characters to be together.
Do I think they are going to get together this season? No ( I really really hope I'm surprised with the finale but I don't think they are gonna be a couple...yet) however DB and ED are able to keep me entertained even IF B/B never get together ( which I firmly believe they will.... eventually)
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:45 am

treble21 wrote:ok I don't think HH has ever said that he NEVER wants B/B together, I actually remember a tweet last summer or very very early this season in which he said in reply to a question, that he knows how B/B get together just not when. and yes he has alluded to the "moonlighting curse" ( which is crap) but that doesn't mean he's never going to allow those 2 characters to be together.
Do I think they are going to get together this season? No ( I really really hope I'm surprised with the finale but I don't think they are gonna be a couple...yet) however DB and ED are able to keep me entertained even IF B/B never get together ( which I firmly believe they will.... eventually)

Ah Treb, to that I can only reply:

Hart Hanson, Edmonton Key Note Speech wrote:
"We're in our fifth season...those two have been dancing around whether or not they're going to be a couple for five seasons. My entire audience wants them to get together. If I were pandering, I would put them toghether, and everyone would stop watching next week....Can't have that happen."
Yeah, there's some wiggle room there - he could decide to start pandering next week...but he won't. Drip is right, the best chance we have for seeing B&B together starts with HH leaving the show in SN's hands.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next