Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When do you actually want Booth and Brennan to get together??

+9
MI_Bonesgirl
jro54
THX1138
mereva
oldie
bones_fanatic19
treble21
jcn747
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

When do you actually want Booth and Brennan to get together?? - Page 2 Empty Re: When do you actually want Booth and Brennan to get together??

Post by treble21 Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:19 am

THX1138 wrote:
treble21 wrote:ok I don't think HH has ever said that he NEVER wants B/B together, I actually remember a tweet last summer or very very early this season in which he said in reply to a question, that he knows how B/B get together just not when. and yes he has alluded to the "moonlighting curse" ( which is crap) but that doesn't mean he's never going to allow those 2 characters to be together.
Do I think they are going to get together this season? No ( I really really hope I'm surprised with the finale but I don't think they are gonna be a couple...yet) however DB and ED are able to keep me entertained even IF B/B never get together ( which I firmly believe they will.... eventually)

Ah Treb, to that I can only reply:

Hart Hanson, Edmonton Key Note Speech wrote:
"We're in our fifth season...those two have been dancing around whether or not they're going to be a couple for five seasons. My entire audience wants them to get together. If I were pandering, I would put them toghether, and everyone would stop watching next week....Can't have that happen."
Yeah, there's some wiggle room there - he could decide to start pandering next week...but he won't. Drip is right, the best chance we have for seeing B&B together starts with HH leaving the show in SN's hands.

king RM

I guess it's all in interpretation, I took that comment to be refering to putting them together now ( especially with the "everyone would stop watching next week" comment) I still don't think that means that he never wants to put B/B together.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

When do you actually want Booth and Brennan to get together?? - Page 2 Empty Re: When do you actually want Booth and Brennan to get together??

Post by empiricist Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:09 pm

Treble,

If he isn't going to put them together until the week before the last show, what is the point?

What he is saying is he is going to pull a JAG. The two leads there got together after 10 years, and no one cared anymore. They had a celebratory drink together on their engagement for the last 10 minutes of the show. I only caught it on Youtube since I stopped watching after a couple of years. It was obvious where it was going.

After seeing many ships never come to fruitation until the last 5 minutes of show, one gets a sense of where the showrunner is going.

I respect your opinion Treble, just be aware, I am particular about where I spend my time. I am sorry if it sounds negative. I prefer to call it realistic, but the world needs optimists also, which you obviously are.

If nothing else, it is interesting how so many people can watch, read, and listen to the same exact words, and come up with different interpretation.

It is rather telling though that one of the reporters recently started her article with the statement that there are Bones fans that seem to grasp at any detail and twist it into a projection of Booth and Bones becoming romantically involved.

I guess HH is going to put that out on the table on the 100th.

empiricist
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2010-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:30 pm

empiricist wrote:Treble,

If he isn't going to put them together until the week before the last show, what is the point?

I completely agree, in fact I say as much on the first page of this discussion.

empiricist wrote: What he is saying is he is going to pull a JAG. The two leads there got together after 10 years, and no one cared anymore. They had a celebratory drink together on their engagement for the last 10 minutes of the show. I only caught it on Youtube since I stopped watching after a couple of years. It was obvious where it was going.

After seeing many ships never come to fruitation until the last 5 minutes of show, one gets a sense of where the showrunner is going.

I didn't watch that show, I did however watch Gilmore Girls and and the same type of thing happened ( and pissed me off) They threw the 2 leads together in the last 10 minutes of the last episode. Evil or Very Mad

empiricist wrote: I respect your opinion Treble, just be aware, I am particular about where I spend my time. I am sorry if it sounds negative. I prefer to call it realistic, but the world needs optimists also, which you obviously are.

I'm feeling kinda dumb but I have no idea what you are talking about with this first sentence? Embarassed
I guess I am an optimist , I like to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Which is why I personally have to have faith that 5 years of character building and longing stares are not for nothing.

empiricist wrote: If nothing else, it is interesting how so many people can watch, read, and listen to the same exact words, and come up with different interpretation.

I very much agree with this statement.

empiricist wrote: It is rather telling though that one of the reporters recently started her article with the statement that there are Bones fans that seem to grasp at any detail and twist it into a projection of Booth and Bones becoming romantically involved.

I guess HH is going to put that out on the table on the 100th.

I have definitely seen fans twist things to be B/B related, that clearly under normal reasoning never would be ( uh a B/B wedding this season? that's just so not likely loco ). I don't think I am one of them at all, I like to think I'm one of the more level headed members. Razz
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by anteater Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:22 pm

treble21 wrote:ok I don't think HH has ever said that he NEVER wants B/B together, I actually remember a tweet last summer or very very early this season in which he said in reply to a question, that he knows how B/B get together just not when. and yes he has alluded to the "moonlighting curse" ( which is crap) but that doesn't mean he's never going to allow those 2 characters to be together.
Do I think they are going to get together this season? No ( I really really hope I'm surprised with the finale but I don't think they are gonna be a couple...yet) however DB and ED are able to keep me entertained even IF B/B never get together ( which I firmly believe they will.... eventually)

In this interview for the 100th, he says he knows when/if B&B are going to get together, whereas he didn't know before (in the middle before David smashes cake in his face and you hear Emily laughing hysterically):
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

So I don't know if this means he knows WHEN they are going to be together or IF they are going to be together. I interpreted it as WHEN but I could be wrong. This implies that maybe he has a plan?? Maybe? Hopefully?? Please have a plan unlike the S4 finale!

I don't care when they get together (but the sooner the better), I just want to see them together and in a committed relationship for at least half a season. Like many other posters here, I DO NOT want them thrown together in the last couple of minutes of the last episode. That would break my heart and be a real disservice to all the work that David and Emily put into developing B&B's relationship and a disservice to the show as well.
anteater
anteater
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bones_fanatic19 Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:43 pm

treble21 wrote:
I didn't watch that show, I did however watch Gilmore Girls and and the same type of thing happened ( and pissed me off) They threw the 2 leads together in the last 10 minutes of the last episode. Evil or Very Mad

I watched Gilmore Girls too and I will be soo pissed off if I am cheated out of another relationship like that again, so I am really hoping we at least get one full season of them together, otherwise I don't see the point in having all this build up.
bones_fanatic19
bones_fanatic19
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1112
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankuuh Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:49 pm

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:Ok don't flame me for this, but we've heard ALOT about the end of this season. I may be WAY off here since I've just started following he show online, but this seems like a huge shitstorm of negativity to me from HH SN and DB. Almost like they are going out of their way to make it known that B&B won't be together. I'm starting to wonder if maybe it's just a cover to make us think it won't happen....when in reality the last scene of the finale it will happen. Thoughts?

I think you do have a point there. Thinks back to last years finale and the storys that have been told then. So I hope your right, and indeed I think it might be true that not everything thrown out there is true.
Ankuuh
Ankuuh
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:52 am

I agree. Now as I think about it, I think they might throwing us off intentionally to cover up something else that will in happen in the finale. HH, SN and DB have been heavily alluding that B&B won't get together with words like, "it looks as though" they will be going to their separate ways for a while, but they never say that they "will". And we know how HH loves to surprise us in the finales like what he said last year about the S4 finale was very misleading. But even if the finale does end really bad, I'll still watch Bones.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2