Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

100th Will "Split Fans"

+11
heirofloki
aardvark508
treble21
DripPan
jcn747
Meegs82
bones_fanatic19
tinkrella
mereva
i_heart_bones
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

100th Will "Split Fans" Empty 100th Will "Split Fans"

Post by i_heart_bones Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:44 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Nothing really new here but thought i'd post it anyway!

Damn all these people being able to watch it before us!!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

100th Will "Split Fans" Empty Re: 100th Will "Split Fans"

Post by mereva Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:39 pm

Thanks for sharing!

"There are things that might feel like a pencil has pierced through your heart." Oh dear. For crying out loud! That's NOT what I want to feel/see, especially by the end of season 5. Yuck. puke
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by 192630 Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:12 am

"There are things that might feel like a pencil has pierced through your heart." Oh dear. For crying out loud! That's NOT what I want to feel/see, especially by the end of season 5. Yuck. .

I have an uneasy feelings. All the action will be from the past and BB will have a good reason not to move forward. I did not like but I did not mind Zack betrayal nor the S4 finale. I think the rotating interns brought a new dimension to the show that I like. S4 demonstrated how hot BB were as a married couple. All the spoilers and waiting so long for a new episodes is creating such anticipation for the remaining season. I can not wait.

Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:05 am

i just don't get what could be SO BAD that it would cause them to think "gee, i guess we can't be together in the present" that was six years ago after all. I think the piercing stuff is probably more along the lines of....they have these memories and are for the first time facing their fears/feelings and it scares them. they know it could go wrong. and as angela said "if it goes wrong...it could go really wrong." that scares them so they take a few steps back.

i'm not sure if sweets will literally tell them to date others. I think he may just urge them to take some time to think it over and you know brennan, she needs evidence. sometimes the only way to get evidence is to do an experiment and sadly that may be hacker lol

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:11 am

Yeah. It seems that those 'experiments' will be alien and bluefish .
(*very angry me headdesk *)
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:03 pm

mereva wrote:Yeah. It seems that those 'experiments' will be alien and bluefish .
(*very angry me headdesk *)

haha yes they will!

And those experiments shall FAIL!!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Twitter.com/IndiaGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by bones_fanatic19 Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:48 pm

I am having so many mixed feelings as the episode gets closer, I can't wait to see it so we will know what everyone is talking about!
bones_fanatic19
bones_fanatic19
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1112
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:16 pm

REALLY?!?!? I mean, REALLY?!?! ANOTHER episode that's gonna split the fans?!?! At least HH will have the rest of the season to remedy the fallout from this one, which is unlike the other two splits, which were both season finales. I'm getting really nervous now. Why must he do this to us? Why split the fans? I don't get it!!!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:29 pm

By split the fans i like to say seperate the hardcore fans from the not so hardcore fans!

I feel that us (as the hardcore fans) will appreciate the genius that is Hart Hanson, regardless of what happens in the episode!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Twitter.com/IndiaGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by bones_fanatic19 Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:18 pm

i_heart_bones wrote:By split the fans i like to say seperate the hardcore fans from the not so hardcore fans!

I feel that us (as the hardcore fans) will appreciate the genius that is Hart Hanson, regardless of what happens in the episode!

Right, it will probably be the ones who watch it only when there is nothing else on, who will be the ones who hate it.
bones_fanatic19
bones_fanatic19
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jcn747 Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:20 pm

See i think think when they say "There are things that might feel like a pencil has pierced through your heart." it has something to do with, Booth knowing he loves bones, and Bones knowing she loves booth, but they cant see that they other each other.

I think that this season we will find out they both love each other, but the problem is Booth still won think bones loves him and vice versa, so I think that three will be all this drama, and dating but because we know how they feel, we will wanna cry for them.
jcn747
jcn747
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 370
Say What You Want : !!We are talking about translation!!
Burdens that allow us to fly
--
"It's not always rainbows and butterflies It's compromise that moves us along, my heart is full and my doors always open you come anytime you want "
♥ Maroon 5 ♥
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:20 pm

bones_fanatic19 wrote:
i_heart_bones wrote:By split the fans i like to say seperate the hardcore fans from the not so hardcore fans!

Right, it will probably be the ones who watch it only when there is nothing else on, who will be the ones who hate it.

Exactly! And who cares about their opinions!!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Twitter.com/IndiaGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by jcn747 Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:30 pm

i_heart_bones wrote:
bones_fanatic19 wrote:

Exactly! And who cares about their opinions!!

Precisely.
I mean if you had never seen Bones, you would in no way appreciate the final, which could in the end be one of the best episode of the series, if certain speculations are true that it.
jcn747
jcn747
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 370
Say What You Want : !!We are talking about translation!!
Burdens that allow us to fly
--
"It's not always rainbows and butterflies It's compromise that moves us along, my heart is full and my doors always open you come anytime you want "
♥ Maroon 5 ♥
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:59 pm

*Covers eyes and ears and runs away*
No spoilers for me!! Razz
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Twitter.com/IndiaGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by bones_fanatic19 Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:01 pm

i_heart_bones wrote:*Covers eyes and ears and runs away*

lucky you, I really regret reading the spoilers.
bones_fanatic19
bones_fanatic19
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:23 pm

bones_fanatic19 wrote:
i_heart_bones wrote:*Covers eyes and ears and runs away*

lucky you, I really regret reading the spoilers.

That sucks!
It's so good not knowing!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Twitter.com/IndiaGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by DripPan Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:19 am

Oh, here we go again with what makes up a hardcore fan!!

I might hate this episode just as much as I hate 'End in the Beginning'. That doesn't mean that I'm not a hardcore fan.

Why can't you just accept that some people will like it and some people won't.

BTW, there is a difference between being a hardcore fan and a sheep who follows along no matter what happens.

DripPan
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 95
Say What You Want : What you want.
Registration date : 2010-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:13 am

DripPan wrote:

Oh, here we go again with what makes up a hardcore fan!!

I might hate this episode just as much as I hate 'End in the Beginning'. That doesn't mean that I'm not a hardcore fan.

Why can't you just accept that some people will like it and some people won't.

BTW, there is a difference between being a hardcore fan and a sheep who follows along no matter what happens.

sorry I might be missing something here, but did you just call fans who like tEitB sheep?

I don't like that episode because I was told to by HH I personally think it's a great episode, but it took me a couple of months to appreciate it. Was it a great choice for season finale? No. Did HH screw up with his "spoilers" for it? yes. but none of that detracts from all the great inside jokes in that episode , for me anyway.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by DripPan Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:40 am

treble21 wrote:sorry I might be missing something here, but did you just call fans who like tEitB sheep?

I don't like that episode because I was told to by HH I personally think it's a great episode, but it took me a couple of months to appreciate it. Was it a great choice for season finale? No. Did HH screw up with his "spoilers" for it? yes. but none of that detracts from all the great inside jokes in that episode , for me anyway.

Where did you get that I said people who liked 'TEitB' were sheep?

Who I'm calling sheep are people who say I am not a hardcore fan because I did not like an episode or a storyline.

DripPan
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:55 am

DripPan wrote:
treble21 wrote:sorry I might be missing something here, but did you just call fans who like tEitB sheep?

Who I'm calling sheep are people who say I am not a hardcore fan because I did not like an episode or a storyline.

fair enough
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DripPan Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:57 am

treble21 wrote:
DripPan wrote:

fair enough

I love it when we kiss and make up.

DripPan
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by aardvark508 Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:32 am

I think this thread has surfaced a very interesting question. Are fans of the show watching the story (B&B's evolving relationship) or are the watching to admire the writer's cleverness at diverting and confusing the audience while creating anxiety with the unexpected (even if it is irrational) plot twist and ratings focus? It has been suggested this will be the flaut line in the fan base and implied the split will be healed by the end of the season or not. For me, I am in the camp that wants to watch the evolution of the realtionship and I have little to no interest in the pretensions of the writers to demonstrate their cleverness. Maybe part of the magic of seasons 1, 2, 3 was the merger of these two objectives to a common intent. At least to me, the fork in the road came in mid-season 4 where I felt the writer's desire to be clever and pursuit of the unexpected for its own sake became the program's drivers. I recognize others may see it differently, but, to me, the writer's narcisitic focus on their cleverness over the natural progression of the story is, to quote Dr. Brennen, causing me some indigenstion. How do others see this?

aardvark508

Number of posts : 22
Say What You Want : things are never what they seem
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:28 am

I don't know when Brennan said that, but I also don't think that the writers have been trying to be clever for cleverness sake. The fact that S5 has featured some really strong episodes (more so than S3 and S4) is for me a good indicator. I've never really felt that their relationship has lacked progress. I, unlike others, didn't feel they were ready for anything in S4. I think S5 is supposed to be the turning point -and I'm fine with that. Given the fact that the season is yet to be finalized, I don't think it's fair to judge it in that respect just yet.

That said, if you really want to see what it looks like to have writers trying to be clever without regard for storyline, try S3-4 of TWW or anything by Whedon.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:35 am

heirofloki wrote:I don't know when Brennan said that, but I also don't think that the writers have been trying to be clever for cleverness sake. The fact that S5 has featured some really strong episodes (more so than S3 and S4) is for me a good indicator. I've never really felt that their relationship has lacked progress. I, unlike others, didn't feel they were ready for anything in S4. I think S5 is supposed to be the turning point -and I'm fine with that. Given the fact that the season is yet to be finalized, I don't think it's fair to judge it in that respect just yet.

That said, if you really want to see what it looks like to have writers trying to be clever without regard for storyline, try S3-4 of TWW or anything by Whedon.

LOL it was very recently, in The Dentist in the Ditch, I can't remember the exact line, but she said that she felt like she had indigestion because she was concerned that Booth didn't believe in love anymore ( in relation to Jared and Padme). Also I agree with everything written here Smile
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by nclabrat Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:54 am

So what are we going to be split about?
How are fans gonna feel if B & B had sex back then? Will it be ok if they write it right?

What's gonna be 'jaw dropping'?

It's the only thing that would refute Sweets book (if it's about their UST) and upset him so and call it crap. I can see them saying wait - we did the deed back in the day.......

Others have wondered if he'd bet on his ability to get her in bed......

His gambling is supposed to be addressed. she could be royally pissed after she finds out. Perhaps this could be young Booth? Not our Booth of today......he's evolved! Smile

But the kicker is - on the surface it may have been a one night stand - but deep inside each felt something. They work hard to bury it - deny it etc......again their secrets

These two have always done things the inside out way.......perhaps they had sex first - then became friends and now have fallen in love without the physical component.

Now that they've built the important part of their relationship, they can again connect in an entirely new way the next time ? Before it was sex, now they make love? Booth has always liked to emphasize the difference to her.......perhaps this is why?

I hope I'm wrong.....but the mind does terrible tricks with all this waiting.....

nclabrat

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next