Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Hart Booth Fan Club

+11
phoebsfan
A2BOREANAZ
Sany
Kasper
ToZiKa
Nightowl
dawnsfire
THX1138
flyersfan35
verticallychallangedcutie
gimmeagun
15 posters

:: The IHBFC

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

I Hart Booth Fan Club - Page 38 Empty Re: I Hart Booth Fan Club

Post by dawnsfire Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:03 pm

Yep, a life, for now.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:04 pm

Hey Karlia!

dawnsfire wrote:I have to say I like it! I'll take more, and you know I have a fondness for well-written smut, if it slides that way.
Oh, I think it'll definitely slide that way. Laughing I've been wanting to write that for a while, I think you've just given me the push I need - it'll be a special side project of mine but a definite labor of love there.
I have to admit most of the romances I actually own Embarassed are more Tudor/Elizabethan than Georgian or even Regency. Very few literal bodices being ripped, but goodness me, the shenanigans! (the genre's supposed to pay well, but I couldn't write one of those hot scenes--I tried!)
I can write the heat, but will likely need help with the rest of the story - sounds like a perfect point of collaberation, though I was leaning more toward early Georgian (think Poldark) rather than Regency. I love the Regency period but it's simply not ripper material.
Magpie--right, Booth's over-the-top internal monologue, punctuated with mundane comments. Yeah, that was good, and funny, too. I think I quoted one of my favorite authors in that review.

queen
I know, I love that you quoted Eddings. My own review was rather...different, Laughing but Erika thought it was hilarious.

Hmm, what say you to a second collaberation, assuming the first works out - and I think it will?

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlia-Wicked-Witch Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:05 pm

cheers cheers
how's it going?
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16090
Say What You Want : Buena Suerte Y Adios Mis Amigos <3
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:09 pm

Karlia-Wicked-Witch wrote:cheers cheers
how's it going?
Slowly, so very slowly. I hate the time change.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlia-Wicked-Witch Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:15 pm

tongue we didn't switch to DST yet!
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:17 pm

Karlia-Wicked-Witch wrote:tongue we didn't switch to DST yet!
Yeah, we just had to do it three weeks early, Yuck.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlia-Wicked-Witch Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:20 pm

must run
little sis is turning 6 today
going to buy pressies
see ya
xx
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:21 pm

Karlia-Wicked-Witch wrote:must run
little sis is turning 6 today
going to buy pressies
see ya
xx
Later, and have fun!

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:21 pm

THX1138 wrote:Hey Karlia!

dawnsfire wrote:I have to say I like it! I'll take more, and you know I have a fondness for well-written smut, if it slides that way.
Oh, I think it'll definitely slide that way. Laughing I've been wanting to write that for a while, I think you've just given me the push I need - it'll be a special side project of mine but a definite labor of love there.
I have to admit most of the romances I actually own Embarassed are more Tudor/Elizabethan than Georgian or even Regency. Very few literal bodices being ripped, but goodness me, the shenanigans! (the genre's supposed to pay well, but I couldn't write one of those hot scenes--I tried!)
I can write the heat, but will likely need help with the rest of the story - sounds like a perfect point of collaberation, though I was leaning more toward early Georgian (think Poldark) rather than Regency. I love the Regency period but it's simply not ripper material.
Magpie--right, Booth's over-the-top internal monologue, punctuated with mundane comments. Yeah, that was good, and funny, too. I think I quoted one of my favorite authors in that review.

queen
I know, I love that you quoted Eddings. My own review was rather...different, Laughing but Erika thought it was hilarious.

Hmm, what say you to a second collaberation, assuming the first works out - and I think it will?

king RM
Back when Eddings (RIP) was good... *sigh* As for a collaboration, ever at your service, my King! It sounds like fun! And I've generally liked research. Let's see...Georgian...the Hanoverians...Did you know that George III was the 1st of the Georges to be born in England? That George I got his claim through his mother? All right, all right, now I'm showing off. I may prefer the medieval/Renaissance era, but I have a special interest in English monarchs.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:40 pm

dawnsfire wrote:
THX1138 wrote:Hey Karlia!

queen

king RM
Back when Eddings (RIP) was good... *sigh* As for a collaboration, ever at your service, my King! It sounds like fun! And I've generally liked research. Let's see...Georgian...the Hanoverians...Did you know that George III was the 1st of the Georges to be born in England? That George I got his claim through his mother? All right, all right, now I'm showing off. I may prefer the medieval/Renaissance era, but I have a special interest in English monarchs.

queen
Aye, back when Eddings (RIP) was good, that would be pre-Malorean. I agree, I think it'll be a blast! We both like research it seems, but you're definitely in charge here, I'm rather hit and miss outside the regency, or early (pre-tudor) England. Actually what do you think about this - a series that follows the rise and fall (and eventual redemption) of a family that could trace their lineage back to the Plantagenet line but lost out when the house of York gained control. This family would start to gain prominence again during the war of the roses becoming vassalled to the house of Tudor, only later to betray them in an alliance to the Stuarts - when Cromwell came along they'd join the roundheads on principle (though abandon the movement with the beheading) and become key players in the restoration only to find themselves betrayed by George I, and remake themselves in America.

Long, yes, a multi book series, but what do you think?

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:02 pm

Hmmm. A bastard sprig (trust me, not all were known to the populace at large), perhaps? That would keep most of them from losing their heads over inheritance rights...Granted, that didn't stop Henry VII from being crowned, but still, a pretty hefty barrier. One that was allied to the Lancastrians for the most part (that might be too Tudor; let me think about that), hence the losing out with the Yorkist rule. That would make them natural allies to the Tudors, at least in the beginning. Not so sure about intriguing with the Stuarts, unless you're talking about favoring Mary, or being involved with Essex just before his execution (he apparently burned damning correspondence with James VI right before being arrested). Family split during the Civil War/Cromwell. Royalist side turns into Jacobites, leading to exile, either from above or self-imposed (I know a little about the '45, not so much about the '15). The Jacobite line is still out there, you know, though not descended from the Bonnie Prince, and has been attached to the Bavarians. I believe Rupert is the current claimant.
While the family would be proud of its royal heritage, I would think less and less importance would be attached from the outside, so any censure from the Crown the further away you get would almost have to be connected to contemporary politics. Unless you wanted some elaborate, secret behind the scenes backing the throne sort of thing. Remember the position of Prime Minister really came into being because the 1st 2 Georges spoke little to no English and George I may have favored Hanover more than England. And with the creation of the cabinet & PM, then this secret power behind the throne might theoretically be forced from their place.
Ooooh, you got the brain clicking here. Not too good when I should be going to bed! Now I really want to do this!

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:19 pm

Ah, my King, 'tis time for me to seek out my bed. I bid thee a good night!

And PM me about this project--like I say, it sounds like fun.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:15 pm

Here's to hoping we see the sun today...I've missed it.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by verticallychallangedcutie Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:35 pm

Morning Fly!
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 758
Say What You Want : Pops: I like her, she's real, she's got balls.
Brennan: Well...ovaries actually.
Pops: Alright you got a pair of steel ovaries.
Brennan: Thank you.
Registration date : 2010-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:44 pm

Good morning rae! I'm sitting here procrastinating...I need to leave for work in 17 minutes, but I don't want to...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by verticallychallangedcutie Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:44 pm

flyersfan35 wrote:Good morning rae! I'm sitting here procrastinating...I need to leave for work in 17 minutes, but I don't want to...

I got lucky this morning, we over slept so my husband drove my 5 year old to school. I still have to pick her up at 10:40 tho.
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:49 pm

Good for you!

The weatherman has promised me some sun today...first time since Thursday...but I don't really see it yet. I'm still hoping though...lol
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by verticallychallangedcutie Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:49 pm

flyersfan35 wrote:Good for you!

The weatherman has promised me some sun today...first time since Thursday...but I don't really see it yet. I'm still hoping though...lol

I have no idea what the weather here is supposed to be yet. Sun would be good!
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:51 pm

It's supposed to get warmer as the week goes on here. I love winter, but I have to admit, I'm definitely ready for spring.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by verticallychallangedcutie Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:52 pm

flyersfan35 wrote:It's supposed to get warmer as the week goes on here. I love winter, but I have to admit, I'm definitely ready for spring.

Me tooo! My kids want to go out and play but with temps sitting around 20 I just don't have in it me to stay outside long.
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:56 pm

20, really? It's been in the high 40's low 50's here for awhile now.

Okay, time to go. Talk to you later...have a great day!
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:14 pm

Hello

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by verticallychallangedcutie Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:16 pm

Toz!!!
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:17 pm

Hi Rae!
already out of bed and chipper?

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:18 pm

oh wait it's already 8:15 for you

no 9:15 with daylight saving time

right?

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next