Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Guide MegaBuzz 2-9-10

+12
jagglebells
TinkonBrink
treble21
CeleryStick
bones_fanatic19
HeyHey
mereva
boreanazlover82
jcn747
Bella Loony
bones206
anteater
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

TV Guide MegaBuzz 2-9-10 - Page 2 Empty Re: TV Guide MegaBuzz 2-9-10

Post by TinkonBrink Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:05 am

jcn747 wrote:they choose the one guy, with a forehead big enough for a plane to land on.

Or big enough to drop a grand piano on...from a great height! Razz

ReginaPhalange wrote: If I were wishing outloud, I would even be hoping for a Bones/Catherine catfight...
boxing
*giggles with glee at the thought*

Yeah...see you thought of this: boxing
I thought of this: (marine biologist, right?)

Note: Brennan, in this crazy metaphore, is the one with the big fish! Laughing
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 652
Say What You Want : A Reporter sat under a Fig Tree one night,
"Where art thou Booth?" She said.
The lightning went Flash!
The tree went Crash!
And squashed the Reporter quite dead.
*Sigh* Isn't poetry lovely?
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://twitter.com/TinkonBrink/

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:53 am

ReginaPhalange wrote:
TinkonBrink wrote:
Anywayz, it could be that the fear of imminent death aint half as scary as losing someone you love to either Hacker or Klein?

Personally, I'd rather jump off the nearest cliff than date a guy like Hacker, so I'd conclude that you are correct: could you imagine if you were Booth, losing her to a guy like Hacker?!? banghead

As for Catherine, let her come and try to date Booth. Don't care if I see her in more than one episode. It's about time Booth show that he can do more than pine for Bones - he's a great catch too. Nothing moves people to act more than the fear of losing someone. I'm thinking that this will be the incentive Brennan needs to REALLY look at Booth as more than her friend and partner.

If I were wishing outloud, I would even be hoping for a Bones/Catherine catfight... boxing

*giggles with glee at the thought*

I adore this icon banghead !! also I'd like to see Brennan get a little jealous over Booth, and if that manifested itself with her using her knowledge of karate, I'd like it a little bit more Wink
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:49 am

I'll take the extreme position and say that I think a recurring role for Catherine isn't the end of the world, and a female Sully for Booth could be a good thing over all. Let me make the case:

Brennan is almost there, but she's not quite ready to take the leap. She's waiting on Booth to make a move and he won't, not ever. Why? Because Booth actually listens to what Brennan says, he knows her better than anyone. He's heard her dismiss love as a chemical reaction, monogamy as an unnatural societal constraint, making love as a biological urge, marriage as an archaic institution. He's taken all that in over the years, along with her consistent behavior, and he's convinced himself that she doesn't love him and that they'd never work out because as much as he loves her (and he knows his own heart now, he knows he loves her) she doesn't see love, monogamy, and marriage the way he does, and while he loves her he's happy being her partner and best friend, and he's not going to risk what he has by pushing her into a relationship he thinks she A) doesn't want and B) isn't ready for because it will C) Fail and the fallout could ruin them both. Basically the man's found his Kryptonite, and it's the same thing he lives for - Temperance Brennan.

Of course there's one problem with this all, and that's the fact that he's absolutely, totally, 100% wrong. See it's all based on the fact that he knows Brennan and he knows she doesn't lie, so when she says things about love and marriage and monogomy and kids, he believes her because she doesn't lie...except she does, quite often and almost always to herself. Brennan does believe that all those things are out there, she just isnt' sure she's ready for them or worthy of them, but she wants them, and she wants them with Booth. Her problem is she thinks he's not interested so she lies to herself about wanting them, and in turn she lies to Booth about how she really feels which just goes and reinforces his own cowardice which she then interprets as his disinterest and Lather, Rinse, Repeat we'll all me old and grey before they actually figure it out.

They're in a holding pattern and Hacker isn't enough to change things. In fact Hacker's only enough to make them off balance in a bad way - Booth looks at Hacker and sees a man who's not even as good as Sully, and he hated Sully being with Brennan. So now he's sure that she'd rather hook-up with ANYONE but him, enter Catherine. She's the universe's way of balancing things out.

Imagine it this way, Booth spends three weeks of dating Catherine and it's been pretty tame, dinner and a movie kind of stuff, and he's just not sure if he wants to keep seeing her but he does because Brennan is dating Hacker. Flash forward to the Season Five finale: Hacker invites Brennan on a weekend away somewhere in the Hamptons, a little B&B that's so exclusive he had to use her name and his position to get them in, and she reluctantly agrees. When Brennan sees Booth she tells him about the upcoming weekend with Hacker and in an attempt to deal with her own conflicted emotions she does nothing but talk about it and how they'll probably have sex, lots and lots of sex. Booth, feeling dejected and unable to confront her about how he loves her, decides it's time to finally move on. He had planned to talk to Catherine and break it off with her, but now he's decided to give them one more chance. That's when Brennan over hears him talking to Hodgins or Cam, about how he's sure he's not in love with Catherine, there's no spark there like there is with Brennan, but he knows she's with Hacker now and he thinks three years is long enough to wait for someone and it's time for him to move one because they obviously weren't meant to be - so he's going to take Catherine to some little B&B on the coast that weekend and try to do just that, move on. Of course it spirals out of control then. Angela will be pulling out her hair trying to talk sense to Brennan about how she's going to have to "man up" and tell Booth how she really feels before she loses him forever. Cam/Hodgins will try, and fail, to convince Booth to give Brennan more time, one more chance, or even, God forbid, to talk to her himself and tell her how he really feels. Both sides fail. Instead Brennan will pack for her weekend with Hacker. Booth will pack for his with Catherine. The squints will drink heavily. Complications will arise, Catherine will have to meet Booth there, emergency at work. Hacker will have to delay their departure, emergency meeting with Homeland Security on the Hill. Late that night, a knock on the door, Booth opens it up and instead of Catherine, it's Brennan. "Booth? We need to talk."

How's that for a season finale?

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:55 am

Honestly, Robert? Terrible! It would be TERRIBLE.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:01 am

king RM wrote:How's that for a season finale?

OMGosh!!! I would be sitting on the edge of my seat the whole time, and then I'd just drip onto the floor in a puddle!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:04 am

mereva wrote:
Honestly, Robert? Terrible! It would be TERRIBLE.
Oh c'mon - it'd have everything except a resolution - it'd give us a pivotal moment for Booth and Brennan, Brennan realizing her true feelings and finally acting on them because the fear of losing Booth to Catherine through her own reticence is more than she can stand, and Booth finally getting the affirmation that he needs, the proof that Brennan does indeed love him, that she wants him and for more than a physical release - you honestly think if she shows up there and says "boo" he's doing anything other than grabbing her and never letting go?

Still, I'll concede I want to see them admit how they feel, I want a real kiss between them, I want them in bed together - how about this for an amended ending. Brennan shows up, "Booth? We need to talk." now cut scene to the Jeffersonian where Hacker walks in and asks where Brennan is - everyone just stares, they thought she was with him. Angela is the first to figure it out and from there Hacker's world comes apart - he knows now there's no future with Brennan. Cut scene again, Booth and Brennan, kissing, half undressed but not nekkid, unbeknownst to either of them, Catherine opens the door to the room (key from desk) and sees them standing there, in a passionate embrace. There's throat clearing followed by Booth walking toward a stunned Catherine saying "Catherine? We need to talk."

Better?

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down