Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

+13
jagglebells
snoozy
newhaven5
carebear
saraluvzbonz
THX1138
BrainySmurf0302
dawnsfire
kiki
ToZiKa
DBCrazy
Bonesbabe
riviera41797
17 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished - Page 4 Empty Re: No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

Post by snoozy Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:09 am

The only thing that would have been better than them waking up in the same bed, is if they'd woken up in each other's arms! Very Happy

Can't wait for the next chapter!
snoozy
snoozy
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jagglebells Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:10 am

Update soon!!!

jagglebells
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 600
Say What You Want : I'm bored.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:21 am

Probably wednesday for the next chapter. Smile
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1560
Say What You Want : I may not post a lot, but I am out there, lurking!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.twitter.com/aprilosbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:52 am

snoozy wrote:The only thing that would have been better than them waking up in the same bed, is if they'd woken up in each other's arms! Very Happy

Can't wait for the next chapter!
Can you imagine that freakout? On both sides? lol!

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:08 am

ToZiKa wrote:we weren't amsuing.....we were desperate
desperate is amusing toz................lol
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 35708

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:13 am

okay........i said desperate was amusing.........but not when i am desperate........come on rivi...write woman write!!!!!
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 35708

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:48 am

Tomorrow!
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:03 am

It's tomorrow now! Very Happy
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:36 am

wednesday is almost over already and still no chapter.......well maybe not really over......but it is already dark outside......at least here......

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:56 am

sorry guys. Having a had time getting started. Embarassed
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:06 am

Chapter 12

Brennan sat up in bed abruptly, eyebrows drawn, comforter tightly clutched to her chest.

What the hell was Booth doing in her bed? She wondered to herself in confusion.

“Booth…” she chuckled nervously

“What…what are you doing in my bed?” she stammered

Booth didn’t respond, his eyes were wide, “Bones? Bones is that…is that you?”

Then he did the strangest thing, he scrambled out of bed, knelt beside it and appeared to pray of all things. Brennan was completely bewildered as to his actions.

Was this some adverse reaction or rare phenomenon side effect of his brain surgery?

Reaching behind her, she snagged the bath towel she’d discarded before bed, encased herself in it, and hurried to his side.

“Booth, why are you praying? What are you doing?” she crouched beside him, her eyes imploring, as she turned his shoulders to force her to look her in the eyes. His eyes, they were tear filled, and there was some other emotion there, but she didn’t know what it was.

“Bones…I…prayed, and God brought you back. Wait, unless this is another coma? No that wouldn’t make sense either.” He stood, and began to pace her bedroom. He wore a pair of faded navy blue FBI sweat pants, and was barefoot.

“Booth, God had nothing to do with my return. I told you before I left I’d be back after I was done with my work.” She soothed him, growing concerned at his obvious confusion.

“No, you were gone, and now you’re here” abruptly, he hurried to her, and pulled her into his arms, holding her close, his face in her hair.

Alarmed, Brennan stiffened, but didn’t pull away; she enjoyed the way his arms felt around her. Suddenly, the fact that she was wearing nothing but a towel, and he bare chested hit her. She cleared her throat, and shifted slightly, waiting for him to release her.

For a moment, he didn’t let go, and she thought she heard a sob. He sniffed and pulled back, gazing at her with such intensity; she thought he might kiss her. More startling though, was the fact she wanted him to.

“Booth, what’s going on with you? You’re starting to worry me, maybe we should take you back to the hospital for more tests” she said as she gently pulled away from him. She crossed her arms over her towel-clad frame.

He let her out of his arms, reluctantly. Booth’s FBI trained mind started to kick back in. Rational thoughts returned.

Booth looked around the room. It was exactly the way it was before he went to sleep. This wasn’t a dream, coma or otherwise.

He wanted to believe it was a miracle, but God didn’t do those often, and God for sure didn’t bring people back from the dead.

Frowning, lowering himself on to the bed, he looked at her.

“Bones, let me explain what I’m going through here” he began

“Well, let me at least put on a robe. Hang on a second” she said, and disappeared into her closet.

Moments later, she emerged, encased in what looked to be a thick, terrycloth robe.

She sat down next to him on the bed.

“Okay, you know I went to the Easter Islands….” She prompted, placing her hand on his arm reassuringly.

“Right, and the day you were due back, I went to your office, to wait there, you know, because when you come back from your things you do, you always go to the office first, and I waited, and finally Angela came and told me that you were not on your flight-“

“Booth, that’s because-“ she began, but he interrupted her

“No, just listen, let me talk Bones. Then Cam calls me, alright, and told me your helicopter went down, and…” he broke off, looked up at the ceiling, trying to keep his tears at bay. After a moment, he looked back at her, just reminding himself she was still there.

He hadn’t awoken yet if it were a dream.

“Helicopter went down? What?” she asked, leaning towards him earnestly, “Booth, tell me about the helicopter!”

Surprised at her outburst, he told her about how the craft she’d been in went down, and that all that was found was her cellular phone.

“Oh no….” he heard her say, as she pulled away from him, and cradled her head in her hands.

He looked at her, surprised.

“Bones?”

“Booth, I’m so sorry for what you had to go through-oh God, Angela, my father! They must be devastated, we’ve got to tell them!” she burst out, standing.

“Wait Bones, just wait. Tell me the rest” he insisted, pulling her back down beside him.

He needed to feel her close.

For just a little while longer.

“Well, there was this villager, she and her daughter were escaping an abusive husband, and I gave her my cell phone and the rest of my cash, so that she could take my place on the transport, and start a new life with her sister. I didn’t know that the helicopter went down Booth, I didn’t know they died!” she said, her voice hurried, yet trembling.

“Its all my fault. I should never have interfered Booth” Brennan said softly.

“No, if you wouldn’t have done that you’d be gone, dead Bones. You’re here with me. Now. Now is what is important Bones”

With that said, he threw caution to the wind, because caution got him no where with her before. He had a taste of what it would be like never knowing what he wanted all this time.

He put his hand on the back of her neck and pulled her in, and kissed her deeply, passionately. As he kissed her and pulled her close, he noted that she didn’t struggle, or pull away, if anything, she matched his desire perfectly.

End this chapter
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by snoozy Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:13 am

phew! That was worth the wait! I'm glad he knows she's alive now Smile
snoozy
snoozy
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:58 pm

Phew! Finally! Smile
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:33 pm

Echoing that sentiment, phew! Finally!

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:32 am

should I say 'phew' now?
I feel kinda obligated now......

but PHEW is right after all.....and they even kissed.....

Can't wait for more!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:32 am

A/N: Very sorry for the delay in getting this chapter out. Hope you enjoy!

“Booth….where are we going? I want to get to the Jeffersonian, they all must be so upset, they have to be told Booth!” she insisted, gesturing that he turn back towards the direction towards the museum.

“We have to go tell your Dad first Bones. Then we’ll go get the rest squared away.” Booth stated, glancing over at her from time to time. His heart skipping a beat each time.

Bones didn’t protest. She sat back in the seat and was quiet for a few minutes, watching scenery go by.

“It was rather unpleasant. Wasn’t it?” she said finally, her eyes meeting his briefly.

“What was?” he wondered aloud, then understanding her meaning. Suddenly, remembering the pain, he felt that lump return to his throat, just reliving the pain for that one brief moment.

“Yeah, it was Bones. It was horrible.”

Thinking a moment, realization dawned on him why she would say such a thing. She had to go through a similar experience when he’d faked his death for the FBI.

“I guess I didn’t know what you went through before Bones. I’m sorry you had to feel that way” he attempted to sooth her.

“I was fine. I am very good at compartmentalizing. I had dealt with your death and moved on.” She insisted.

“Bones, this is me. Your partner…more than your partner. I know, Bones. I know it hurt. I know the pain you felt. I went through the same thing”

She said nothing, withdrawing in.

Finally reaching their destination, they hurried up to her fathers apartment. Max Brennan lived in a small apartment complex, outside of town, in a residential area. Booth knocked on the door, “Max! Max, open up, its Booth!”

After a pause, footsteps could be heard, a lock disengaged, and the door swung inward.

“Booth, I-“ Max stopped short, shocked to see his daughter, whom he thought he’d lost.

“Tempe, honey!” he pulled her into a tight hug.

“What happened? You were declared dead, are you okay?” he demanded, his eyes looking her over for injury.

“Dad, I’m fine. I’d given my cell phone and some money to a young woman and she took my place on the transport. I ended up staying a bit longer than anticipated, then the tropical storm knocked out all communication, so I was unable to contact anyone. I’d had no idea that everyone thought I was dead, Dad, I am so sorry” she said, with genuine sorrow in her voice. She glanced at Booth through watery eyes.

“So long as your okay now honey, that’s all that matters. But next time, can you make sure you let us know you’re going to be delayed, okay?” he said, pulling back from her, his hands on her shoulders.

“I will Dad. We have to go Dad, I have to get to the Jeffersonian and tell them. Then all the paperwork of proving I am not in fact dead, but alive, you understand…” she trailed off, heading back to the door.

“Yeah, I understand. Call me?” he asked, as she exited his apartment

“She will” Booth answered for her

As they got back in to Booths SUV, he started the engine and then just sat there a moment, looking at her.

“Booth? What are you doing?” she asked, brow furrowed “We have to go”

“When are we going to talk about the white elephant?” he said softly

“Elephant? Booth, elephants are not white. What are you talking about?” she wondered, then something shifted in her eyes.

He saw that she understood, and waited.

“Oh. That white elephant” she responded.

She was quiet for a moment, and he let her gather her thoughts. Not wanting to push too hard, but unwilling to give in either, he waited.

Finally, she reached over and took his hand.

“Remember a while back, you said that everything happens eventually?” she began hesitantly

“Yeah, I remember Bones” he said, his heart beat increasing, his grip on her hand tight.

“Well…..I think that this is the eventually to which you referred” she said with a smile.
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:54 am

Busy time of year, huh, rivi!
Thanks for the update. Nice and fluffy!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:28 am

oh eventually is finally here.....I've been waiting for that for a while now.....

Can't wait for more!
(but I know with Christmas and New Year's and all that stuff, that it can be a really busy time, so I'll wait more or less patiently)

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesbabe Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:23 am

thank you for the update! luved this chap

Bonesbabe
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by saraluvzbonz Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:50 pm

Nice chapter, even though it was a bit short. Nice use of white elephant and everything happens eventually.
saraluvzbonz
saraluvzbonz
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:59 am

actually, the reason I didn't write the chapter (embarassed look); is I had acrylic nails - and discovered I couldn't type for beans. Within the next few days I am writing the next chap.
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by carebear Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:25 pm

be waiting here patiently for the next chapter Smile
carebear
carebear
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 90
Say What You Want : Um dang didn't know there would be a essay part to this I forgot to study. Can you come back to me after I read my cliff notes?
Registration date : 2009-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:04 am

riviera41797 wrote:actually, the reason I didn't write the chapter (embarassed look); is I had acrylic nails - and discovered I couldn't type for beans. Within the next few days I am writing the next chap.
you won't be mad, if I laugh now, right? Laughing

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:29 am

LOL! No, I expected it. ha!
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:58 pm

riviera41797 wrote:actually, the reason I didn't write the chapter (embarassed look); is I had acrylic nails - and discovered I couldn't type for beans. Within the next few days I am writing the next chap.
Call me! You dictate, I'll type! Very Happy
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next