Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

+13
jagglebells
snoozy
newhaven5
carebear
saraluvzbonz
THX1138
BrainySmurf0302
dawnsfire
kiki
ToZiKa
DBCrazy
Bonesbabe
riviera41797
17 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished - Page 2 Empty Re: No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

Post by riviera41797 Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:35 am

well jeeze its not like I had a major character die! Laughing
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1560
Say What You Want : I may not post a lot, but I am out there, lurking!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.twitter.com/aprilosbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:38 am

riviera41797 wrote:I have one of two things I am gonna do next chapter. Can't make up my mind which way I am gonna go
I guess you decided!

I can just hear Cam on the phone and see Booth reacting to what she's saying. I got all choked up. Great chapter. Hurry with the next one, please! The suspense is killing me.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:03 am

A/N: Thank you for taking the time to read and review! I appreciate the comments! Sorry for the delay in getting this chapter written. More soon! - R –

Chapter 6

Temperance Brennan surveyed her surroundings with concern. Tropical storm Ivan just left the island, and did a lot of damage, not only to the village itself, but to the remains she’d been working on. The people of the village were upset, traumatized and worried about their future.

Now she knew she wouldn’t be able to leave for another week or so at least. It would take that long to reidentify remains, not to mention the help the people needed in getting things back together.

All communication was down, and wouldn’t be back up for at least another week to two weeks. Not that it bothered her, but getting much needed supplies would require many boat or helicopter trips back to the mainland. No way could she, in good conscious, leave these people without the help they needed now.

Heading back to her tent, tucking a wet strand of hair behind her ear, she wondered how Sarah and Maria were doing. She’d given them her cell phone, and money. Not that she could use the phone now anyway, but she hoped she made it okay to her sisters.

I’ll check on them when I get back to DC, she decided.

DC….she thought, her mind turning to Booth. She was supposed to be back at the lab now. He might get worried if I don’t call and check in soon, she told herself.

Well, Angela would probably see the weather reports of this area and know why I’ve been delayed slightly.

Temperance felt cold, wet and tired.

Her work was exhilarating, of course, but she felt more then ready for a nice hot bath or shower.

Hot food.

Coffee.

She missed Booth, wondered how his recovery was going. Wondered if the rest of his memory came back, helping him realize she wasn’t his wife…

Those things Booth was feeling made her uncomfortable. Made her think of things she’d rather try to ignore. She didn’t want to do anything that could potentially jeopardize their partnership.

Even if it was something she so desperately wanted.

End this chapter.
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:50 am

So she wants to be in a relationship with him?
or at least something very similar?
That's great news......
apparently she doesn't know about the helicopter yet.......might be better, she'd feel responsible......oh wait it's Brennan, she might not feel responsible after all, but it is a possibility......
And I guess poor Booth will hear about the helicopter in the next chapter.....I'm not really looking forward to that, but I know that it has to be done......

And did someone else realize that I'm rambling?
I just did, so I'll go now and talk somewhere else.....
Can't wait for more!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:24 am

Chapter 7

Cam Saroyan observed her longtime friend Seeley Booth hurry into the Medico Legal Lab at the Jeffersonian. He looked worried. He also looked like he was trying to hide it to appear confident. They were such good friends and she’d known him so long, she could see right past his façade.

This was quite possibly going to be one of the most difficult conversations she’d ever have with him. If there was a bottle of scotch nearby she’d have it ready. But there wasn’t so she was just going to have to pray she had the right words to find to say so he wouldn’t fall apart afterwards. Although, he probably would fall apart regardless how she said things.

“Cam. Okay. Let’s talk. Tell me what you couldn’t over the phone. Its Bones right? She’s what, delayed? Not coming back for another month?” Booth demanded as he approached. He was wearing his FBI regulation suit, tie, and appeared freshly shaved and he looked great. Definitely all systems go and back to normal.

“Seeley….” She began, forcing more strength into her voice than she had. “Come, sit down, she gestured towards Dr. Brennan’s office. Cam wasn’t sure if this was the right place to do this, but the autopsy suite wasn’t right, nor was the break room, so…..

Booth followed her into Bones’ office, carefully wtching Cam’s body language, hearing the vocal inflections. He continued to watch her carefully.

Something was wrong.

Oh God.

“As you know Dr. Brennan has been off the coast of Peru, on Easter Island specifically, y assisting in cataloging some recently discovered ancient remains,” he heard Cam say. She seemed so far away, but she was stating right in front of him.

“Cam. I know all this. Don’t talk at me. Talk to me. Please” he said softly. He stood, paced the office.

Not wanting to meet her gaze.

Not wanting to see.

Going on as if she didn’t hear him, she went on, “Dr. Brennan was scheduled to take the charter from the island and come back to DC. She’s been gone a while, and it was time for her return. As you know.” Cam paused, watched Booth, who wasn’t looking at her at all, but was standing there. Listening.

“Yesterday, I got a phone call from the Peruvian authorities. There has been a lot of weather related issues in that region. A tropical storm I’ve been told. The helicopter that Dr. Brennan was on-“

“No.” Booth interrupted her fiercely. “No. Don’t say it Cam. I don’t want to hear it”

He started to leave the office, and he felt her hand on his shoulder.

“Booth. Sit down. You need to listen to this. You can’t run from it. Please.” Her voice was pleading.

He felt tears welling up in his eyes, his throat tighten and panic threaten to engulf him.

He looked up.

Swallowed.

This can’t be happening, he thought. It can’t.

Cam was silent a moment, allowing Booth to compose himself, before she began again.

“The helicopter that Dr. Brennan was on evidently encountered mechanical failure. That, combined with the weather, caused the craft to go down before reaching land. For that reason, no remains have yet been identified or located, and at this point, the likelihood of them being found is not good. However, some of the personal belongings from the few other passengers, as well as pieces of the helicopter have been found, along with what appears to be Dr. Brennan’s cell phone, so they are fairly confident that there will not be any survivors” she said, feeling tears well up in her own eyes.

“Booth….” She reached out to him, put her hand on his arm, “Booth, I don’t know what to say. I am so sorry….I-“

“Cam….I didn’t get the chance, I never told her…” he stumbled on the words, “I should have….but didn’t want-“ he broke off, falling back onto the couch, his head in his hands.

“Was there any foul play? Was this intentional? Or was it an accident? Did someone do this to her?” he wondered, looking up at Cam, his face a mask of sorrow.

“I don’t know yet. I thought that you may want to get in touch with Max and Russ, maybe….a memorial?” she said uncertainly.

Booth closed his eyes.

How could he possibly begin to go on? He had to tell Bones’ father? Her brother? A memorial?

This can’t be happening. He thought….

End this chapter
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:01 am

Oh god poor Booth
you really have to let him find out soon, he'll fall apart otherwise....Cam was totally right about that
Can't wait for more!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:55 am

Oh man, Riviera. You have to do something. You have to get word to Booth before ... before ...
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:46 am

Chapter 8

Seeley Booth stood there, staring down at the headstone, bearing his partners name. It had been nearly a month since the accident that took her life, yet it seemed like only hours ago he’d gotten the news.

Dr. Temperance Brennan

He knew she was gone, knew this, but he couldn’t seem to accept it in his mind, in his heart. It was like he felt she was still out there. She would say that was irrational, he thought with a sad smile. He swallowed past the lump that seemed to be always lodged in his throat.

Booth had brought another bouquet of daffodils. He knew it was one of her favorite flowers. Looking up at the dark, clouded sky, he let the rainfall down on his face, masking his tears. He’d found himself here, at her final resting place several times a day.

Talking to her. Just standing they’re, staring down, sometimes for hours at a time.

He wanted to go back into that coma he was in, where she was his wife. His wife expecting their child. Maybe it would have been a girl. A brilliant little girl with her beautiful eyes….

“Booth”

Surprised, he turned to see Angela there. With a bouquet of daisies.

He looked down, sniffed and using the back of his palm, wiped the tears away.

“Hey Angela” was all he could manage. The rain had let up a little, but he was still soaked.

“Booth, you can’t keep doing this. You have to move on. It’s what she’d want you to do.” Angela quietly admonished him, stepping past him, and laying the flowers at the foot of the headstone.

He stared at her name etched into the granite, and said nothing to Angela.

“Listen, about her place, were you….?” She trailed off, waiting for a response.

“I’m working on it, okay? I’ll do it in my own time, alright? It’s not like there’s any rush, is there? I mean what, she isn’t going to be coming back, right?” he said impatiently, tossing the flowers on the ground and turning away, leaving Angela staring after him sadly.

He swiftly made his way back to the car. Bones’ car. He’d been driving it to feel closer to her.

She’d left her entire estate to him. Like he wanted her money or belongings. All he’d wanted was her. He never even got to tell her how he felt. She was suppose to come back and then he was going to tell her but now he’d never get the chance.

He sat behind the wheel, and let his sorrow take hold. He let the pain out, the great painful sobs he’d been holding back out there. He didn’t want Bones to see him like that.

After a while, he got a hold of himself, and glanced in the rearview mirror at his reflection. He hadn’t shaved in days. His hair was a mess, his clothes wrinkled and creased.

He’d taken a leave of absence from work, and had been spending all his time at her place. Sleeping in her bed, being close to her. He even listened to her voice on the answering machine. It was almost like she was still there.

Sighing, he turned the car towards his place, where he’d shower, get a change of clothes, and maybe think about doing what Angela said.

If he could.

Maybe he’d wait just a little longer.

So that when he closed his eyes, he could imagine what it would have been like if he’d said something sooner.

Then perhaps she’d be there with him, and he’d be embracing more than a pillow with only a few strands of hair and the smell of the woman he loved.

End this chapter
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:06 am

I loved this chapter and it's precisely how I see Booth reacting to her death. Distraught, devastated, and borderline losing it. Also I have to say that bit toward the end really spoke to me. I think I've written more than a few scenes where he's dealing with her loss and they all have him living out of her apartment in an attempt to be near her - funny how that works. Great minds and all Wink

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:01 am

Oh this is soooooooooooo sad.
But I can totally see it happen like that.....he would feel devastated and he would have regrets.
I only hope that we'll get to the happy stuff soon....not sure how much heartbreak he can take.
Can't wait for more!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:26 am

A/N: Sorry for the delay in getting this one out – Chapter 9 will be this week as well, I almost incorporated them both into this one chapter but changed my mind. Hope you enjoy this – and thanks for the reviews!! – Riviera41797 –

Chapter 8

Temperance Brennan was very glad to be home, despite the chilly, rainy weather. She’d had quite enough of being cold and wet, and was more than ready to go home, where she could take a hot shower, and catch up on some much needed sleep in her warm, comfortable bed.

Normally when returning from a dig, or trip she’d first return to the lab, however, since she had given her cell phone to Sarah, she wanted to go home, shower, maybe rest and get a new cell phone.

She made a mental note to herself to call and see how Sarah and Maria had fared. Overall, she felt her presence at the Easter Island was a success, and she accomplished what she’d set out to do.

She’d probably also call Booth; see if he wanted to have lunch or something, before she went to the lab. She was quite anxious to get going on any new cases that may have come up.

Temperance was certain, that if she skipped calling Booth first, he’d not only feel she’d slighted him, and his feelings could get hurt, but he would show up anyway at the lab, just as she’d get started into something interesting.

Brennan also had been giving some thought to how Booth’s specific feelings towards her would be.

A lot of thought, she admitted to herself silently. Too much maybe.

Would he consider her simply his partner again?

Would his feelings have shifted perhaps?

Maybe she’d explore that avenue of inquiry.

Provided Booth showed interest as well.

So long as it was not medically related.

It was a nerve wracking scenario though. The possibility of it not working out, what could happen to their partnership? She knew she could compartmentalize, but could he?

As an anthropologist, she knew that most societies and people changed, and to not expect changes from herself, and in her own life, was simply not rational.

Finally, the taxi pulled up in front of her building. She quickly paid the driver, and gathered her belongings.

She smiled up at her building, glad to be home.

End this chapter

(more soon! I promise!)
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:05 am

*groans*
I hate this 'End this chapter' thingies.....I really do.....
But at least she is finally back home.
And I guess she'll find Booth in her apartment now?
I think I remember reading about him staying there from time to time.....to feel close to her?.......geez I forgot a lot.....I should reread the former chapters

Can't wait for more!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:31 pm

No telling what'll happen when she finally gets inside! (What's this thing rated anyway?) hahaha!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:13 pm

Oy. This is going to be...interesting. Have I mentioned that I'm not too fond of cliffies?

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by saraluvzbonz Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:40 pm

ack. We really need an update. I want to see how she reacts to finding Booth sleeping in her bed and how Booth reacts to her being alive.
saraluvzbonz
saraluvzbonz
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesbabe Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:24 pm

oooooooooh!!!!!! new chappie soon plz......this is soo good

Bonesbabe
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:09 am

A/N: Finally your update! Probably not quite what you were all thinking you’d get, but be patient. Another update will be coming very soon. Thank you for taking the time to review – Riviera41797 –

Chapter

Booth stared up at the ceiling, exhausted. He was tired but couldn’t sleep He knew he should eat something, shower, shave. Try to begin to get his life back to some selmblance of normalcy, but his mind kept going over every moment, every encounter he’d had with his Bones. How was he expected to go on without her?

He couldn’t exactly abandon Parker, his friends, his family, yet all he wanted to do, was stay in Bones’ place, and remember her.

Rolling out of her bed, and on to the floor, he knelt, with his head in his hands. Booth closed his eyes, then folded his hands and looked heavenward. A lone tear tracked its way down his face, falling, falling.

“God, I know you’re up there, and you’re all powerful. I know that this isn’t the kind of thing you usually do, but I am on my knees now, and I am begging you….”

He began to sob quietly, sorrow and anguish overtaking him momentarily. After a few minutes, he got a hold of himself, sniffed and went on with his pleas.

“Bring her back to me, please. I promise, I’ll do things different this time, I won’t let fear hold me back. Please God, even if she doesn’t feel the same, just so long as she alive, and okay, just….bring my Bones back to me” he quietly sat, clearing his mind, letting peace over come him.

Now he felt like he could sleep.

He padded into the kitchen, poured himself a glass of milk, drained it and put the glass in the sink.

Booth returned to her bedroom, and let himself fall into a deep slumber.

End this chapter

Wink
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:37 am

Rivi!!! Nooooo! You can't end it there! You're killing me here!!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:37 am

tongue
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:39 am

riviera41797 wrote:tongue
First you hang me out to dry, and now you stick your tongue out at me! Suspect
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:41 am

with love. I did it with LOVE.
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:44 am

riviera41797 wrote:with love. I did it with LOVE.
Well, okay then... right back atcha! tongue
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:06 am

riviera41797 wrote:with love. I did it with LOVE.
And yet I'm not feelin' the love here - two cliff hangers in a row? There are some who would say you're evil for doing that to us, you know that don't you? And not the good kind of evil where it costs extra if they don't leave any marks, but the kind where you're just about to place your order after waiting ten minutes for some woman who's a lookie-lou to finally make up her mind but before you can she steps back in front of you and tries to change her order even though she's already paid so, of course, the manager has to come over and hear the whole story from the woman in front of you how she's on a low carb diet and the fish fillet is breaded and couldn't she switch to the grilled chicken but without the bun since, low carb and all, and why don't they offer a greater selection of wraps and have they thought of adding soup to they menu and by the time she's done all you can do is grind out "Number 2 with a coke and supersize it" and the stunned look on the cashier's face as she nearly comes to tears because finally, after the customer form hell, one person who knows what they want, passes completely unnoticed and you end up being rude to her instead of nice...that kind of evil.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:08 am

this isn't making me feel all warm and mushy inside here.... Sad
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:28 am

DBCrazy wrote:
riviera41797 wrote:tongue
First you hang me out to dry, and now you stick your tongue out at me! Suspect
maybe we should hold on to her tonuge until the next chapter arrives....that might make her post faster.....
*grabs tongue* Twisted Evil

Can we please have longer chapters?
PLEASE?

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next