Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

+13
jagglebells
snoozy
newhaven5
carebear
saraluvzbonz
THX1138
BrainySmurf0302
dawnsfire
kiki
ToZiKa
DBCrazy
Bonesbabe
riviera41797
17 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished - Page 5 Empty Re: No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

Post by riviera41797 Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:22 am

A/N: Here it is, the much-anticipated chapter. Maybe two more chapters to go. We’ll see.

----------------------------------------

“Booth….wait, why are you dropping me off? I thought you were going to come in with me?” Brennan wanted to know, confused.

He’d pulled up where he usually dropped her off. He didn’t look or seem upset. After the night they’d shared, she thought that he’d be more needy, but it felt like he was pushing her away.

“Bones, I gotta get over to the bureau. I need to let them know I am back in the saddle, off of personal leave, now that you’re back, and I know you’re okay. Don’t worry, okay?” he assured her and gave her a smile. Before she could argue or respond, he slid his hand around the back of her neck and pulled her towards him for a deep kiss.

That was going to take some getting use to, she thought to herself, as she watched him drive away. Being kissed by Booth. Should she call him Seeley? That didn’t feel right either.

Last night, he didn’t call her Bones. Last night, he called her Temperance when they were in bed.

What did she call him? She wondered, blushing at the recollection, and slightly unnerved that she couldn’t recall. Shaking her head, she made her way into the museum, to the Medico-Legal Lab.

Temperance felt terrible at all she’d put Booth through, she couldn’t even begin to imagine how Angela must be feeling.

She walked briskly, yet casually onto the platform, to where Cam and Angela were standing near a table, evidently discussing the set of remains.

“Hi” was all she could think to say to them as she approached.

They both turned to her, Cam’s mouth dropped open, her eyebrows rose, before she managed to croak out “Dr. Brennan?”

Angela’s eyes filled with tears, she dropped her sketches and threw herself into her best friends arms.

“Sweetie? Oh my God! You were dead! What happened?” Angela sniffed and held her tightly, talking nonstop nonsensical ramblings.

Laughing nervously at the chaos that was surrounding her, inters, Hodgins embracing her, his eyes shining, other employees, even security guards were slapping her on the shoulder, glad she was back.

Then Angela pulled away, her gaze narrowed. “We need to talk” she declared, and turned and head off towards her office.

“Its fine Dr. Brennan, we’re all glad you’re back. Go ahead, catch up. These remains can wait a little longer.” Cam assured her.

She didn’t care if Cam decided the remains could wait or not, she wanted to know what was going on with Angela. Her demeanor changed as she’d moved away from her.

“Ang?” Temperance called, following her friend into her office, casually noting a new painting on an easel in the works.

Angela had her back turned and her arms crossed.

Her friend turned to her, her face a mask of anger.

“You know, for a genius, you sure can be dense sometimes,” Angela said with sarcasm in her tone.

“What? Angela….” She stammered, shocked at what she was hearing

“Did you ever think of what we were going through? While you were finding answers for ancient remains?” Angela demanded, poking one finger in her direction accusingly.

Before Temperance could say anything, the artist went on, pacing the room. Gesturing at her and going on.

“Do you have any idea, what Booth has gone through, not to mention your Father and brother? And, uh, hello, ME? We were crying our eyes out, and Booth, he takes a leave of absence, and practically lives at your apartment and your grave. Yeah, that’s right, your GRAVE Temperance” Angela emphasized, turning suddenly facing her.

“Angela, I…. I’m sorry, I-“ she began, but Angela cut her off

“Save it. Think about what I’ve said. What we, as the people who love you have gone through.”

With that Angela left her standing there.

End this chapter
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1560
Say What You Want : I may not post a lot, but I am out there, lurking!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.twitter.com/aprilosbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:46 am

"Take that, missy!"

Couldn't help myself. Sorry. I guess I should be more understanding but Angela just got me all on her side about this. More please.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:57 am

i am with crazy......i was all caught up in angela also.....they seem to always forget that bones is just so damn rational.....they think with their heart.....she doesnt......well for the most part she doesnt...oh the drama........loving it........and cant wait for more..........

SEE.......I LEFT A REVIEW!!!!!!!!!! go me........
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 35708

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyB05 Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:14 am

Oh boy is she in trouble now! Smile Love this story by the way, I really should be working! PPS Very Happy
KellyB05
KellyB05

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:30 am

*revels in the love*

thanks for the review guys.

I plan on writing the next chapter thursday.
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:52 pm

Hopefully, once they give her a chance to explain, they (read: Angela)will see that it's nothing like Booth going undercover a while back. After all, she didn't know the helicopter would go down!

I'm surprised Booth let her walk into the lab alone, though--doesn't seem like the best plan to me.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:10 pm

While I think that Angela should have let her talk at least for a minute, I can also understand why she is acting like that.
It wouldn't be the first time for Brennan to just get lost in remains and forget everything around her.

But I hope you won't make them fight for too long. They should be happy and talk about Booth and the new relationship instead of being angry and not talking to each other.

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:27 am

Temperance Brennan signed as she made her way out of the Medico Legal Lab. It had been a very long day, and she was leaving much later than she thought she would be.
Evidently, it takes a lot of paperwork, phone calls and evidence to prove that she didn’t actually die, and that she was in fact, alive. Between that and catching up on emails, office paperwork, and case files, she’d be backed up with work to do for a long time to come.
The Jeffersonian was quiet; the only sounds audible were footsteps of the security guards, and talking here and there of other late night employees.
As she left the building, she was assaulted with dozens of flashbulbs, bright lights. Taking a step back, shielding her eyes, she frowned at the cameras and reporters who were suddenly shouting questions at her.
“Dr. Brennan! What were the circumstances surrounding your faked death?” one female voice shouted
“Dr. Brennan, is it true this was all for publicity to enhance your already skyrocketing book sales?” she heard someone else say
More and more questions shouted at her, as she weaved through the sea of people, keeping her head ducked down and mumbling “No comment”
As she was most of the way out, she realized that Booth dropped her off this morning, and she had no vehicle to ride home in. Glancing down into her bag for her phone, she stopped as the crowed followed her.
Before she could address them, or find her phone, Booth’s SUV pulled up, the passenger door swung out, and he was calling for her to get in.
Gratefully, she got into his SUV and let out a breath she hadn’t realized she was holding.
“What was all that about?” Booth asked, maneuvering into the mostly empty streets.
“It was the press, Booth, asking me all kinds of questions about my “Faked” death, it was horrible! They were so pushy!” she declared with distaste. Then, “How did you know I was leaving the lab? I just realized that you dropped me off and was going to call a cab”
Booth smiled over at her, “Well, it was pretty late. I was starting to get worried, figured I’d come pick you up since you didn’t answer my 3 voicemail messages”
Looking shocked, she said in a rush “Oh I am so sorry, but I just got caught up in--“Booth cut her off
“It’s no problem. I understand. I had a pretty full day myself. I am officially off personal leave and back as the officially unofficial liaison to the Medico Legal Lab” he said with a note of pride in his voice.
The rest of the drive home, she was quiet, Booth noticed, not saying much.

Knowing how her mind worked, he knew what was going on in her mind, so he let her have some space. She didn’t seem like she was all that excited to have him come up, so he let it slide, and said he’d see her in the morning.
Angela called him earlier and told him about their blowout. He’d wait for Bones to bring it up. Right now she had a long day and he knew she was feeling spooked. She’d clammed up after he mentioned the official unofficial liaison to the Medico Legal Lab.
Booth could be patient. He’d waited this long, and he wasn’t going to let anything take her away from him again. He knew she felt the same, he’d heard her say it last night.

End this chapter
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:02 am

Why is she reacting so strange?
I don't think I got that. confused

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:40 am

It was early Saturday morning, and Booth knew that with as busy as Bones was, she was going to try and go into the lab this morning.

He smiled.

Well, she could try to go into the lab, he thought.

It had been just over a week since he’d been reinstated, and she returned to work, and there had been no murders or cases for them to work on, so she was primarily working in the lab, trying to catch up. Quite often working late.

Things were most of the way back to normal. Angela was still a little angry, but was coming around. The only thing that hadn’t been addressed yet was their change in relationship status.

Sweets was pestering them non stop for a sit down counseling session to sort out how they were “feeling” about everything that had happened. So far, they’d been able to put him off.

Reaching into his pocket, he slipped the key into the lock and made his way in, duffel bag over his shoulder and a good sized box in his arms.

He could hear her in the kitchen, so he called out to her.

“Hey Bones”

“Booth?”

She appeared in front of him, wrapped in a kimono style robe, her hair in disarray, holding a cup of coffee.

“What….what are you doing?” she asked, frowning, watching him set his duffel bag down, and setting the box aside.

“Well, ya know how Pops came to stay with me for a while there, and there was that whole stove business? Well, my lease expired and they are asking me to vacate”

Confusion settled across her face.

“Oh….well….I don’t know what that means”

Booth smiled.

“I’m moving in Bones” he said as he settled down into the kitchen chair. Ready for the battle to come.

Confident.

“What? No, Booth, you can’t move in here!” she said hurriedly

“Oh yeah? Why not? I spend most of my time here anyway” he countered calmly, hands clasped behind his head.

“Well, yes, that’s true, but….” She trailed off, then stopping.

“Booth, we need to talk” she said without preamble.

He had been waiting for this.

He was ready.

“Oh? What about Bones?” Calm, Booth, stay calm. Remember what you promised God he reminded himself sternly.

She sighed, and combed her fingers through her hair.

“Booth….” She began

He waited.

“We’re partners. We work together” she said, and sat down next to him.

“Right. We are partners, and we work together” he confirmed, taking a sip of coffee.

She looked uncomfortable.

He waited.

“Well, I don’t want to loose you as a partner or as a co-worker because of our change in relationship status” she said, sounding miserable. “I’ve never been in a long term relationship before, what if it doesn’t work out?”

Booth leaned over, clasping his hand over her arm, “Bones, nothing is going to change how I feel for you. No one is going to take my partner away. We can do this.” He assured her, his eyes willing her to feel his love for her.

“But what about Sweets?” she wondered, her eyes downcast

“What about him? He published his book, saying we were in love anyway. So it’s not like it’s a secret. Besides, what we do outside of work has no effect on how we work together as partners”

He stood up, and walked to where she sat, and crouched next to her, taking her hand.

“Bones, hear me on this, I love you. I am not going to go another day without you knowing it. I am here for the long haul, and unless you don’t feel the same, then there is nothing or anyone who can stop us.”

He heard her intake a short breath, and her eyes shimmered with unshed tears.

“Booth…I-“she sniffed, and wiped her tears, and looked up at the ceiling, and back down to him.

Her eyes met his.

“You’re right . . . and I want you to know…that I love you too” she said softly, almost warily, as if she were afraid to say it aloud.

Booths heart soared, with this one moment of perfect happiness. He closed his eyes a moment, sending up a silent prayer of thanks.

“Booth?”

He opened his eyes; Bones was looking at him with a perplexed look on her face.

“Yeah?”

“Were you praying?”

He stood, pulled her into his arms and smiled down into her confused face.

“No, I was saying thanks”.

He lowered his mouth to hers and kissed her, knowing that although he crossed that line, everything was going to work out just fine.

THE END.
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:20 am

and a big giant......AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 35708

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:21 am

oh the end?
like the real end?
no more chapters?
that's sad Sad

I liked this chapter very much.
especially Booth just showing up and announcing that he moves in.....I wish they could do that on the show, I would love to see her face

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by saraluvzbonz Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:26 am

Hm... It would have been nice to have a bit more resolution with Angela. I like Booth surprising her with moving in as a way to begin the discussion they needed to have.
saraluvzbonz
saraluvzbonz
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:42 am

Thanks for the love guys. After writing it, I thought of a few things I wanted to do, but oh well. MAY consider an epilogue. MAY.
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:13 pm

WooHoo! Yeah, that was good using Pops' stove mishap to evict him. And glad that he didn't go hunting for an apartment so she could have all the time and space that "she needed". Finally being assertive and getting what he's wanted all along - his Bones!

And since you say you MAY put an epilogue on this ... I'll just say PLEASE. Smile Thanks Rivi!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:23 am

A/N: Due to overwhelming response, I am writing an epilogue to this story. Hope you enjoy, and know that I appreciate all those who took the time to let me know they were out there, reading, and liking what I do. – Riviera41797 –

-

Epilogue

1 month later

Seeley Booth had his head propped up on one arm, laying on his side, watching his partner, his love, sleep.

The moon was full, and streaming through the sheers that encased the windows.

Every night, he said a prayer of thanks that God answered his prayer. Regardless what Bones said, what anyone said, this was a prayer answered, and he wasn’t going to ever feel the way he did when he thought she was dead and gone.

Gone before he had the chance to tell her how he really felt, to give them a chance to be together.

He brushed a tendril off her forehead, and her eyes opened slowly and met his.

She blinked a few times, and frowned.

“Booth?”

A smile tugged at the corner of his lips.

“Yeah Bones” he pulled her closer, so her hair was close to him, so he could smell her scent.

“Why are you awake, and looking at me?” she wondered softly, cuddling into him.

Quiet a moment, wondering if he should even broach the topic, he took a deep breath and gently untangled himself from her.

He lowered his head to the pillow, and she mirrored his actions.

“Bones, can I ask you a question, and will you promise not to go all rational and get all riled up on me?”

Frowning slightly, hearing the note of seriousness in his voice, she decided against the argument that came to mind about getting riled up.

And what that meant specifically.

She’d get that information later.

Maybe from Angela.

“Of course…what….what is it?”

“Temperance… when you were a little girl, did you go to Sunday school?” he asked her carefully.

He could see her visibly stiffen and get ready to bristle and argue. He put one finger to her lips.

“Please? Just humor me,” he begged quietly.

She closed her eyes a moment.

“Yes. When I was a child, and up until I was 15, I went to church regularly with my mother. Why Booth? Why do you need to know this?” she asked, trying to keep the irritation from her voice.

He rolled back over onto his back, and stared at the ceiling.

Thinking.

She continue to stare at him, how she had her head propped up on her hand. Watching him.

“When did you stop believing Temperance?” he said, his voice hoarse, just above a whisper

She didn’t answer for a time, so he turned his head to see her, still looking at him, a tear tracked down from the corner of her eye, down her cheek.

She sniffed.

“Every day, after they left Russ and I, right after school, I went to church, and I prayed and prayed for them to come home. Then when Russ left, and I went into the system, I continued to pray. But God never answered me. They never came back. So, I guess, logically, I eventually came to the conclusion, that God must not exist, because if He did, He would have answered my prayers and brought them home.”

Booth nodded his head. He thought that might have been the case.

“I don’t want to get into a debate or argument with you, so I am going to say something, then lets go back to sleep, okay?”

“Sometimes, Bones, God says No. Just because He didn’t answer your prayer, doesn’t mean He doesn’t exist. Everything happens for a reason. If He would have brought them home, would you be the person you are today?”

He pulled her close, satisfied that he made his point, and gave her food for thought.

“I love you Temperance,” he said into her hair.

“I love you too Seeley” she responded.

THE END.
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by snoozy Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:22 am

I like your Epilogue Smile
snoozy
snoozy
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:57 am

I like it too
I didn't see that coming at all.....I thought he might want to talk about the time he thought she was dead or something like that......but I think it was a nice ending to this story.

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:57 am

*beams*

thanks.
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by agnerka81 Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:43 pm

bravo and thanks for a wonderful story Smile
agnerka81
agnerka81
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144
Say What You Want : This is my obsession, BONES, as far as obsessions go its not that bad...right?
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Funnybone Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:52 pm

Hi that was a great story well done im still trying to finish mine lol but its getting there, i think?? BTW your name for this story is like a song in one of my fav musicals wicked, thats kool Very Happy
Funnybone
Funnybone
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesbabe Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:29 pm

aww...sweet ending! but i cant believe its over...i loved this story Very Happy

Bonesbabe
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Funnybone Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:07 pm

I know aye i just had to keep reading it and when i saw it was ending i was like aww but it was a good story and all stories must come to an end, hey dont let yours end keep writing bonesbabe i love yours to and its just starting to get good Very Happy
Funnybone
Funnybone
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:18 am

Rivi, ohhh, I love where you took this story in the epilogue. I don't think I've read any stories that went there.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5