Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

+13
jagglebells
snoozy
newhaven5
carebear
saraluvzbonz
THX1138
BrainySmurf0302
dawnsfire
kiki
ToZiKa
DBCrazy
Bonesbabe
riviera41797
17 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished Empty No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

Post by riviera41797 Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:21 pm

Plot: Takes place after season finale, before season premiere. Booth gets out of the hospital, ready to welcome Bones back from her trip. Where is she? Why is she not back from her trip yet? Is there a problem?

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished – by Riviera41797

(Takes place after end of season 4, before season premiere)

Booth rolled his eyes and let out a sigh of impatience. He’d gone through hours of tests over the last several weeks, in an effort to make sure his brain was functioning as it should be after the surgery. If he hadn’t been a little off kilter when he first awoke, Booth would have been out of this testing garbage sooner.

He was currently in the doctors office, going through another round of tests with a nurse, holding up flashcards with pictures of things on them, that he was meant to identify.

“Apple”

“Orange”

“Train”

“Hat”

“Do I have to do this? I mean, its clear I am okay. I know what all these stupid little pictures are,” he complained, crossing his arms and sighing again. There were a million other things he’d rather be doing right now.

The nurse smiled at him patiently “I’m sorry Mr. Booth, just a few more.”

“Horse”

“Cowboy”

Booth stood up. “Okay. Enough. No more flash cards. The brain tumor is clearly gone, I jumped through all the hoops you people asked me too, now what I need, is for you to sign my papers so I can get back to work. Okay?” he said in a rather petulant tone.

The nurse smiled that same smile at him and agreed, “Yes, of course Mr. Booth, I’ll let Dr. Sweets know how you feel and we’ll get you squared away.” The older nurse bustled out of the room and shut the door.

Puffing out a breath, Seeley Booth sat back down in the chair in the doctor’s office.

He’d been out on medical leave for over 6 weeks, and he was dying of boredom. No cases, no nothing. Just TV, tests, more tests. Bones wasn’t even around to keep him company, although Cam and the other squints have been good enough to stop by from time to time.

So he’d been a little confused when he 1st woke up, nothing wrong with that, right? Who wouldn’t be after having brain surgery? Now though, he was back and ready to rumble. To get back into solving murders.

Right.

As soon as Bones got back from some country on the other end of the universe, where she was currently doing who knows what.

Finally, Sweets entered his room, holding his file.

“Booth, hey” the young psychologist greeted, sitting down across from him.

“I hear you think you’re ready to be released back into active duty,” Sweets stated, looking over the notes in his file.

“Yeah. This isn’t news Sweets. You here to do this same song and dance again, or you gonna let me get back to work?” Booth said, trying to keep his cool, becoming more convinced that Sweets was just toying with him.

Pausing a moment, staring at him, Sweets asked: “What did you say that Dr. Brennan was currently working on?”

Rolling his eyes, he sighed and crossed his arms defensively. “I don’t know. Some small country on the other end of the world. Digging up mass graves. Or something.”

Watching his reaction, Sweets went on, “Oh? Do you know why she left? When she will be returning?”

Booth, for the first time, didn’t answer right away. He shifted his eyes away and was quiet a moment. “Well…when Bones is feeling…I don’t know, just, uh…overwhelmed, she has a tendency to, you know…go dig up stuff. I think she was planning on coming back any time now” he said evasively, not quite meeting Sweets eyes.

Sweets understood fully why Dr. Brennan left, and when she was scheduled to return, made a few notes in the file, and finally stood.

“I see. Okay then. I don’t see any reason why you shouldn’t be ready to go back to your old position.” He withdrew Agent Booth’s gun and badge and handed them over.

Booths face broke out in a wide smile, and exclaimed: “I’m back baby!”

I know the first place I am going, he thought. I am gonna go to the lab and see when she is due back.

End Chapter 1

A/N: Okay – where did Brennan go? When is she coming back? You’ll find out next chapter!
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1560
Say What You Want : I may not post a lot, but I am out there, lurking!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.twitter.com/aprilosbourne

Back to top Go down

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished Empty Re: No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

Post by Bonesbabe Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:23 am

Sounding good so far Smile

Bonesbabe
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:37 pm

Sweets is up to something. I wonder what it could be...
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:17 am

Sweets is acting kinda strange.....I wonder what he knows or thinks to know this time.....
Nice start!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:14 am

Chapter 2

Temperance Brennan smiled, and surveyed her surroundings. Easter Island is one of the world's most isolated inhabited islands. The history of Easter Island is rich and controversial. Its inhabitants have endured famines, epidemics, civil war, slave raids and colonialism, and the crash of their ecosystem; their population has declined precipitously more than once. They have left a cultural legacy that has brought them fame disproportionate to their population.

To be one of the few anthropologists allowed to help catalog and identify some ancient remains was a true honor. The people of the island were slow to trust outsiders, but over the past 6 weeks, she had managed to weaken their defenses, and integrate herself into their culture.

Also, she reflected, guiltily almost, it gave her a chance to get away from her unprofessional feelings she’d been beginning to notice towards her partner, Seeley Booth. She needed to get back to what made her decide to become an anthropologist, and identifying remains, was an exciting aspect of her job she loved and did not get a chance to do as often as she’d like.

Thankfully, she’d been in touch with Angela back home, and knew that he was doing fine, and was making a full recovery. She also mentioned he was bored out of his mind, and quite anxious to return to full, active duty. Which also meant that he’d be needing her for investigations very soon.

Today she was scheduled to leave Easter Island, and return home. Once a month a helicopter came to pick up or drop off people who seldom came to the island, so if she missed today’s pick up, she was going to have to plan on being here for another month. While it was true, there were small boats that could be chartered, it was a slow process, and flying was much faster. As much as she loved immersing herself in the local culture, she was ready to get back to solving murders, and identifying victims brought to the Jeffersonian.

Briskly walking back to her camp, she was approached by a younger woman, who was holding a wailing child. She spoke in broken English, so Temperance quickly assured the other woman she spoke fluent Spanish, to ease the other woman’s upset.

“Please, you must help me, please!” the woman begged her, tugging at her arm, and pulling her towards her, lowering her voice, speaking in a hushed tone, glancing around frantically. The woman was small in stature, with long dark hair. The child was perhaps 2 or 3.

“What is it? What’s wrong?” Temperance asked, keeping her voice steady. She had not seen this woman before.

“It is my husband, he says he will kill me unless I allow him to sell our child for money. We are very poor, there is little work. . .I must. .” The woman broke down in tears, covering her face with her hands.

“Is it money you are asking for? What is your name?” Temperance tried to ask her.

“No, no. Is not money I am asking for. I must escape. I am asking for your spot on the transport today. He is out, out with his friend hunting now. Please!” she begged, tears streaming down her face, her fear evident “He will find me on the boat, he will catch up quickly. I can escape if I leave on the helicopter, I have a sister, family on the coast I can hide with, please!”

Without a moment’s hesitation, Temperance quickly agreed. “Of course. Come with me. I’ll get you what you need.

2 hours later

Temperance stood, and watched the helicopter take Sarah and her daughter Maria away to safety. She gave her money and her cell phone, to call her sister when she arrived.

Looks like she’d be here for another month.

She sighed and walked back to the small village.

End this chapter

A/N: thank you to those who took the time to review! More soon!

-R-
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:38 am

Oh my.....another month away from Booth?
He won't like that......maybe he'll even track her down or something.
Can't wait for more!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:28 pm

Booth's got his badge back, but no Bones to team up with. Booth will definitely have to show up!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:44 pm

will he?

Cool
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:01 am

Oh Riv, don't give us the cool look......give us another chapter!
And OF COURSE he'll have to show up......it's BOOTH!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:03 am

*whistles* (innocent look)
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:13 am

*glares*

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:55 am

Chapter 3

Seeley Booth strummed his fingers on his desk at the J. Edgar Hoover building impatiently. His gaze wandered around his office, pausing on the pictures on his desk, awards on his walls. He had plenty of paperwork and files to catch up on, but all he could focus on was his partner, Bones.

Angela had told him that Bones was due to catch her flight back to DC today, but she wasn’t sure on her arrival time. Booth was certain that Bones would call him when she got back, or maybe even stop in to see him, but he was dying of impatience. It seemed like it had been so long since he’d seen her. He wanted to talk to her about his dream, get her thoughts, and gauge her reactions.

Leaning back in his chair, clasping his hands behind his head, he sighed and reflected on the dream again. It had seemed so REAL. Everything he felt, saw, and did. He knew it was a dream, but yet….it make him long for that same feeling again in his real life now. Booth knew that Bones would never accept these feelings he was feeling now, she’d say they were residual feelings from his coma induced dream, then go on with some other medical mumbo jumbo.

Regardless of what the brain scans say, and what the doctors say, he knew, KNEW that he was in love with his partner. He was also just as certain, that there was at least a glimmer of interest on her part as well, despite her declarations of professionalism in their relationship.

Standing abruptly, decision made, Booth pushed his chair back, he strode out of his office, determined to wait for Bones at her office, so he would be waiting when she got back from her trip. The paperwork and catching up on work could wait.

Maybe he’d just lie on her couch and take a nap while he waited, he thought with anticipation.

3 hours later

Booth was dozing in Bones’ office, a small smile played across his lips. He couldn’t quite fall asleep, he was too excited.

“Booth?” he heard a voice say, and he sat up, looking to see who was there.

It was Angela, she looked concerned, upset. Her arms were crossed across her torso, her brows furrowed.

“What are you doing here?” she wondered, approaching him, and lowering herself down to sit beside him.

“Waiting for Bones. You said her flight comes in today….” He trailed off and shrugged a sheepish smile on his face.

Angela balked, and he could see her swallow, she cleared her throat and looked away.

“What?” he pressed, growing concerned, drawing back slightly.

Angela met his eyes, “Booth, she wasn’t on the flight back from South America, and I can’t seem to get her on her cell phone.” She placed her hand on his arm. “Booth….”

Booth processed this information silently for a moment, going over the implications of what it meant.

Angela interrupted his thoughts, “Booth, what do we do?”

End this chapter
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:09 am

Rolling Eyes Brennan didn't think about telling them, that she gave away her cellphone?
For a genius she can be very dumb.....
But Booth will have to go after her now!
There is just no other possibility.
Can't wiat for more!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:37 am

Love this riv! Especially like how Booth KNOWS he loves Brennan. Him and everyone else on earth...except maybe Brennan. What is with those two?

Methinks a suave rescue attempt may be coming up...complete with relieved hugging and kissing, right? Right?
kiki
kiki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2352
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:52 am

A/N: Thanks for taking time to read & review! Sorry for the delay. Enjoy – R-

Chapter 4

Sarah smiled at her good fortune. She was escaping at last. She would be free from fear and beatings from her husband. Her daughter Maria would be safe from Eduardo.

Maria would not be sold, and would lead a good and better life. How lucky she was to have heard the villagers talking about Dr. Brennan leaving on the transport today. And what a wonderful person the Dr was to help. One day, she would find a way to thank her, she thought with determination.

Her fingers touched the cash and cellular telephone in her pocket. Now, she could contact her sister once she landed, and there was money for a fresh start for them. She must remember to light a candle when she got to her family’s church, she thought, and said a quick, silent prayer of thanks for Dr. Brennan once again.

It was windy and lightly raining, the helicopter lurched, and Maria woke from her nap. She was disoriented and she clung to her mother.

“Mama?” she said fearfully, her eyes wide.

“Is okay. Shhh. Not much longer now, we will be with your Aunt Consuela little one!” Sarah soothed, brushing the dark curls from her daughters forehead. Forcing enthusiasm into her voice she tried to take her daughters fear away, as the helicopter hit another air pocket, pushing her head into the side of the glass. Maria whimpered.

The pilot let out a string of curses, as an alarm on the instrument panel went off, and another light began to flash.

“Senor?” Sarah asked anxiously, leaning forward, peering into the cockpit.

He didn’t answer, but pushed a button, and adjusted his headset, speaking urgent Spanish into the mouthpiece. More cursing. The co-pilot looked concerned. He glanced back at her and at Maria. He offered a wink to the child.

Now she was afraid. Sarah knew little about mechanical devices, or about aircraft or helicopters, but the alarm sound, the flashing light, not to mention the cursing pilot, the coughing sound she was hearing from the engine, could not be good signs. But it was not much further!

They could make it, she had faith. She continued to pray. Surely God would not have put her on this craft, her chance at freedom, simply to crash? No.

Sarah pulled her rosary from her bag, and began to pray more urgently.

Suddenly the engine was quiet, and the propeller was no longer rotating. They were falling rapidly. More alarms, and shouting between the pilot and co-pilot. Maria was crying hysterically, and Sarah knew this was the end.

She squeezed her eyes tightly together, and held her daughter, waiting for the end.

End this chapter!
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:59 am

Oh my! I don't know what to think! I'm so glad that Brennan didn't get on the helicopter, and of course at the same time I feel bad for the woman and daughter that did get on there.

What next??
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:03 am

Surprised
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:18 am

are you gonna kill them?
that's not very nice of you, rivi......

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:20 am

*innocent look*
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:26 am

don't give me the innocent look......that's so not working

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:17 am

I have one of two things I am gonna do next chapter. Can't make up my mind which way I am gonna go
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:57 am

hell of a cliffie, there...

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by BrainySmurf0302 Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:18 am

MORE AHHHH THE CLIFFIE IS KILLING Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~sUNNIE~
BrainySmurf0302
BrainySmurf0302
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 125
Say What You Want : In somnis veritas
Failure needs excuse. Success needs none.
Touching live wires on a high tension line could result in side effects such as: sneezing, twitching, headaches, DEATH, seizures, congestment. Wink
Registration date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by riviera41797 Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:24 am

Chapter 5

David Chudek watched the small and obviously old helicopter go down in flames, and hit the water like an explosion.

“Great.” He said with a grimace. Now he could just forget about fishing the rest of the day. Now he was going to be expected to call the crash in, report what he saw, bla bla bla.

Sighing, he made his way over to the interior of his small fishing boat, and radioed in for help.

Booth caught himself doodling on a corner of his deskmat calendar. Damn this had been a long day. He did manage to get a lot of paperwork done, reports were filed, calls made. He made some serious headway. Yet, his mind wandered often.

How much longer until Bones got back anyway? Would it be too much to ask for her to at least call and check in that she was on a different flight, or had been delayed? Maybe even return the 3 voicemail messages he’d left?

Sighing, and dropping his pen, he leaned back in his chair, and rolled his neck. Startling him out of his thoughts, his cell phone rang.

Finally! He thought, flipping open his phone

“Bones?” he answered .

“Booth, its Cam” the voice on the other end of the phone replied, taking the wind out of his sails.

“Oh. Hi Cam” he responded, his vocal inflection changing significantly. He slumped in his chair.

“Do you think you can come over to the Jeffersonian? I have some news I don’t want to give to you over the phone” she said. Her tone was odd, Booth noticed, a twinge of anxiety growing.

“Well what is it?” he asked, curious now.

He stood up, and walked around his office. Ran his hand through his hair, slid it into his pocket. Held on to the poker chip.

Cam hesitated.

“Its Dr. Brennan…..” she began slowly, her voice low.

Aware of her tone, her hesitation, and the implications of those two things combined in conversations, he swallowed past the lump that seemed to have lodged in his throat. Please…please God no, he send up a prayer without thought.

He closed his eyes.

Clenched his jaw.

Opened his eyes again.

“Well what about her?” He managed, trying to put more calmness into his voice than he actually felt. Did his voice just crack?

Booth cleared his throat.

“Seeley….I don’t want to do this over the phone. Either you come over here, or I’m coming over there.”

Staring off, into the world outside, only a minute had passed, but it seemed like time had stopped.

“Be there in 5” he said and hung up.

End this chapter!
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:29 am

'End this chapter'?????
are you crazy?
(in a nice and very lovely way of course)

Poor Booth might have a heart-attack or something.
I think it is kinda sad, that you let them die......at least Bones is safe.
And hopefully Booth will find out about that soon.

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next