Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sneak Peak of "The Booby Scare"

+12
Meegs82
queen bess
CanadianBones
dawnsfire
willgirl
PIMP
jagglebells
G
RGPageantqueen
THX1138
mereva
bugaboo628
16 posters

Go down

Sneak Peak of "The Booby Scare" Empty Sneak Peak of "The Booby Scare"

Post by bugaboo628 Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:44 pm

Here is a sneak peak of the PSA that Emily did for Breast Cancer!

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Sneak Peak of "The Booby Scare" Empty Re: Sneak Peak of "The Booby Scare"

Post by mereva Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:20 am

Very nice. Embarassed
Thanks for sharing!
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:16 am

Okay, first I have to say kudos to Em for doing this type of PSA. Although they use humor to address the topic of self breast exams they are important and they do save lives. My mother had breast cancer when I was twenty and we were fortunate enough that the surgery and post operative treatment was successful and she's still with us even today. A good friend of mine wasn't as lucky, she passed away two years ago from breast cancer at the age of 41, so I urge all y'all to do self exams and to get regular check-ups, early detection offers the best chance of survival.

Now that the heavy part is over, I gotta say I'm in love with the sight of Alyson Hannigan (My fav Buffy Alum) and Em together in this scene and the fact that it's Aly groping Em's boob? Too, too much!

king RM

BTW, if anyone here needs a breast exam I'm more than willing to make time - plenty of experience here.
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:18 am

It was such bad acting, but it was funny! I love it, and I commend all of them. Specially Em for letting another girl grab her boob. Not that a girl hasn't done that to me.... Shocked
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:20 am

THX1138 wrote:Okay, first I have to say kudos to Em for doing this type of PSA. Although they use humor to address the topic of self breast exams they are important and they do save lives. My mother had breast cancer when I was twenty and we were fortunate enough that the surgery and post operative treatment was successful and she's still with us even today. A good friend of mine wasn't as lucky, she passed away two years ago from breast cancer at the age of 41, so I urge all y'all to do self exams and to get regular check-ups, early detection offers the best chance of survival.

Now that the heavy part is over, I gotta say I'm in love with the sight of Alyson Hannigan (My fav Buffy Alum) and Em together in this scene and the fact that it's Aly groping Em's boob? Too, too much!

king RM

BTW, if anyone here needs a breast exam I'm more than willing to make time - plenty of experience here.

I love you Robert, you're little post note was adorable....
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3

Back to top Go down

Post by G Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:20 am

THX1138 wrote:Okay, first I have to say kudos to Em for doing this type of PSA. Although they use humor to address the topic of self breast exams they are important and they do save lives. My mother had breast cancer when I was twenty and we were fortunate enough that the surgery and post operative treatment was successful and she's still with us even today. A good friend of mine wasn't as lucky, she passed away two years ago from breast cancer at the age of 41, so I urge all y'all to do self exams and to get regular check-ups, early detection offers the best chance of survival.

king RM

lmao at the small print, serious face at the issue presented.
G
G
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 8770
Say What You Want : Vizzini: I can't compete with you physically, and you're no match for my brains.
Man in Black: You're that smart?
Vizzini: Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?
Man in Black: Yes.
Vizzini: Morons.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by jagglebells Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:37 am

Ummm....okaaayy. That was totally not what I was expecting, but if it's for the good of breast cancer awareness, who am I to judge. LOL. Wow.

jagglebells
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 600
Say What You Want : I'm bored.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:12 am

jagglebells wrote:Ummm....okaaayy. That was totally not what I was expecting, but if it's for the good of breast cancer awareness, who am I to judge. LOL. Wow.

It wasn't meant for seriousness, I mean it was, but it was done with lighthearted humor. calm ye self.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by PIMP Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:16 am

I'm just annoyed Robert beat me to the offer. *pouts*
PIMP
PIMP
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16028
Say What You Want : Don't tempt me, I give in easy.

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:19 am

Oh my god! 'Touch a tit, save a tit.'

That was so awesomely funny!

Her jewel encrusted bra. So funny and so well done!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:49 am

And what exactly would you do, O Rob & Pimp, if one of us took you up on that offer? *insert arched brow here*

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:49 am

Well done Emily and the rest of the girls. I agree great seeing Allison and Emily together. A good message to remind all women to do regular breast examinations. Also make sure you get one done by your doctor during your annual physical! I found a lump in my breat last winter and luckily it was only a fibroadenoma.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by queen bess Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:03 am

i might slightly love Emily....
queen bess
queen bess
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 17725
Say What You Want : demoted to countess...
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:00 am

dawnsfire wrote:And what exactly would you do, O Rob & Pimp, if one of us took you up on that offer? *insert arched brow here*

queen
Well first I'd warm up my hands, no cold hands here, then of course I'd begin to palpate the breast systematically moving in a circular pattern around the nipple until I felt the entire breast including the fiddly bits near the axilla. Then I'd move on to the nipple and areola, checking for elasticity, tenderness, noting any sort of discharge and what not. You know, the normal things done during a breast exam.

The difference is I offer a variety of lotions for the procedure and the scented candles, mood lighting, and rather large bed are simply there to put you more at ease. Very Happy

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:21 am

THX1138 wrote:
dawnsfire wrote:And what exactly would you do, O Rob & Pimp, if one of us took you up on that offer? *insert arched brow here*

queen
Well first I'd warm up my hands, no cold hands here, then of course I'd begin to palpate the breast systematically moving in a circular pattern around the nipple until I felt the entire breast including the fiddly bits near the axilla. Then I'd move on to the nipple and areola, checking for elasticity, tenderness, noting any sort of discharge and what not. You know, the normal things done during a breast exam.

The difference is I offer a variety of lotions for the procedure and the scented candles, mood lighting, and rather large bed are simply there to put you more at ease. Very Happy

king RM

How far in advance would I need to make an appointment for your services?
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:59 pm

THX1138 wrote:

queen

king RM
Of course they are. Do you make house calls? Shocked

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:14 pm

dawnsfire wrote:
THX1138 wrote:

queen

king RM

queen
For you? Absolutely. Now if you're in the area please feel free to drop by - I'll even validate your parking. Cool

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:11 am

THX1138 wrote:
dawnsfire wrote:
THX1138 wrote:

queen

king RM

queen
For you? Absolutely. Now if you're in the area please feel free to drop by - I'll even validate your parking. Cool

king RM

you wouldn't validate her parking if you're going to her, you idiot. ily. When is my appointment oh, doctor?
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:42 am

That was freaking HILARIOUS and BRILLIANT! Seriously, it really was. I mean, Emily in a jewel encrusted bra?! Alyson Hannigan groping her?! Fantastic idea. I was laughing my ass off the entire time.

Breast cancer is serious and this is a great way to raise awareness in a light-hearted way. Well done, ladies! Smile
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:19 pm

I just saw it on Enews. haha it so good!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Sat May 01, 2010 7:29 am

Laughing
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by bcriet Sun May 02, 2010 4:17 pm

This was so funny I love it. Good for them to get the message out about self exams. I had a scare once three years ago and had to get my lump removed. It turned out to be nothing and I have not had one scene.

Love it thanks for posting this Smile
bcriet
bcriet
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 197
Say What You Want : \"It is far better to regret doing something, than to regret not doing something\".
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Mon May 03, 2010 2:07 am

That was HILARIOUS.......... Thanks for that post. I was such a great way to talk about self breast exams.
On a much lighter note, it was amazing to see ED acting like she didn't understand a medical term and WTF wearing a VS bra - that is so not Brennan!!!!!! It is just so funny to see her in another character role...

Kudos to whomever came up with this idea. Haven't seen it on TV, assuming it's web based.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Murphs93 Mon May 03, 2010 2:29 am

I want a jewel encrusted bra! Emily is hilarious!

Murphs93
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 133
Say What You Want : Me: It's the 100th episode tomorrow.
Mum: What is it a special murder or something?
Me: I don't watch it for the cases mother!

I am secretly Naomi from paleontology.
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Mon May 03, 2010 3:02 am

Oh, that that video we lost Rob on for some days... Razz
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down