Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

interested...

+4
dawnsfire
revi
jagglebells
RGPageantqueen
8 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

interested... - Page 4 Empty Re: interested...

Post by THX1138 Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:21 pm

MoonlightGardenias wrote:What can I say, we share the brain, and I gotta admit we do have some pretty good ideas. I can only picture Cam's face after that moment, or her dragging them both into a room for intervention. Perfect.
I'm just jealous 'cause you seem to get better use out of it than I do!

I actually started writing a Bren/Ange friendship fic thing based on that conversation we had the other day. How they sort of find out just how much of a gap there is between them? Granted, Angela's had her fair share of personal issues in the past year, but I miss Brennan actually trying to be there. You know what that's called, right? Starts with an "In", ends with a "continuity". Yep. /end rant/
See, now I want to read that fic, so you've got to follow up on it, it's something I've been thinking off too but I think you would actually do the idea justice where as I, well I have Angie issues right now and I'm at least honest enough to admit she doesn't deserve half of them - it's just the flippin' inconsistency in her character's portrayal in S4 that bugs the crap out of me.

We just really, really need a "I know what you look like naked."/flustered Brennan moment. Booth walks up behind her on the platform when no one else is around and he sort of grabs her, but not forcibly of course. Sort of like "Snakes!" only, you know, sexually charged. Rolling Eyes
THAT would be freakin' priceless. That or he walks up behind her on the platform, leans in over her shoulder gettin inappropriately close, Brennan says "I didn't know an osteological exam excited you so much Booth." and then he pulls out a candy bar and says "Nah, it was just a snicker's in my pocket - want a bite?" Sorry - I had to go for the cheap penis joke.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:34 pm

See, now I want to read that fic, so you've got to follow up on it, it's something I've been thinking off too but I think you would actually do the idea justice where as I, well I have Angie issues right now and I'm at least honest enough to admit she doesn't deserve half of them - it's just the flippin' inconsistency in her character's portrayal in S4 that bugs the crap out of me.

I'll have to get to work on it. It is BB tinged of course, because apparently everything I write these days is, but yeah. Michaela is a great actress and I used to love Ange a lot more than I do now. *puts aside S4 annoyance issues*

Reaction to BB being together I'm most looking forward to: Sweets. "You guys....no...DUDE. You didn't tell me?"

THAT would be freakin' priceless. That or he walks up behind her on the platform, leans in over her shoulder gettin inappropriately close, Brennan says "I didn't know an osteological exam excited you so much Booth." and then he pulls out a candy bar and says "Nah, it was just a snicker's in my pocket - want a bite?" Sorry - I had to go for the cheap penis joke.

"This is not appropriate behavior for the forensic platform." LMAO. But yes, I get what you mean. Laughing

I could see Brennan being very formal, asking him to go to her office, she "needs" to speak with him. Before following, she calmly removes her gloves and you know, goes off to do nonforensics things in her office.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:50 pm

MoonlightGardenias wrote:Reaction to BB being together I'm most looking forward to: Sweets. "You guys....no...DUDE. You didn't tell me?"
I so totally see that coming. I still love the one comment he made at the end of Scientist:

Brennan: Okay, well, there is intelligence which I have, and Mr. Nigel-Murray...and Sweets, even though, his is so misdirected as to be meaningless.
Sweets: Wow. Backhand full of knuckles with that compliment.

"This is not appropriate behavior for the forensic platform." LMAO. But yes, I get what you mean. Laughing

I could see Brennan being very formal, asking him to go to her office, she "needs" to speak with him. Before following, she calmly removes her gloves and you know, goes off to do nonforensics things in her office.
I can totally see them on the platform, he's leaning in, she catches a whiff of his cologne, gets distracted, gives him the "Booth would you wait for me in my office" speech and then five minutes later, after ordering everyone about so they're busy, she's back in her office, walks up to him and does the ol' "We need to talk about something" he gives her a confused look and she just plants one one him.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:02 pm

again, I retreat to the they need to just strip naked and do it on the lab table.... Camera's can be shot. Booth was a sniper for crying out loud, it's not hard to shoot a camera.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:05 pm

Sweets is one of the few I could be okay with them not telling, or keeping it a secret from. If for nothing more than to see his reaction.

I can totally see them on the platform, he's leaning in, she catches a whiff of his cologne, gets distracted, gives him the "Booth would you wait for me in my office" speech and then five minutes later, after ordering everyone about so they're busy, she's back in her office, walks up to him and does the ol' "We need to talk about something" he gives her a confused look and she just plants one one him.

Haha...exactly. Flustered Brennan FTW. Grabbing Booth by the lapels, and basically just going for it? Totally even better. The idea of Brennan trying to be flirty, and she's totally kind of failing but Booth finds it that much more cute and appealing (because don't lie, you so know he would)...needs to happen. Cool
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:07 pm

Ok what does FTW mean?
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:11 pm

FTW=For The Win.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:15 pm

THX1138 wrote:
RGPageantqueen wrote: If Angela made a big deal about it, Brennan would flee in an instant.
I agree that's a probability. Brennan isn't going to be 'good' with a public relationship at first, there'll be a lot of pressure on them both but she'll feel it more keenly than Booth for sure. If Angie made an issue out of it she'd probably bolt.

king RM
Absolutely she would. Until Booth tracked her down. And then they'd both go back and flay Angela.

MoonlightGardenias wrote:What can I say, we share the brain, and I gotta admit we do have some pretty good ideas. I can only picture Cam's face after that moment, or her dragging them both into a room for intervention. Perfect.

I actually started writing a Bren/Ange friendship fic thing based on that conversation we had the other day. How they sort of find out just how much of a gap there is between them? Granted, Angela's had her fair share of personal issues in the past year, but I miss Brennan actually trying to be there. You know what that's called, right? Starts with an "In", ends with a "continuity". Yep. /end rant/
Me too... Great minds indeed. Hey, Rob, you want to beta mine? PM me if so.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:29 pm

MoonlightGardenias wrote:FTW=For The Win.
I don't get it. lol. I thought it was the reverse of WTF.... tee hee
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:48 pm

dawnsfire wrote:Absolutely she would. Until Booth tracked her down. And then they'd both go back and flay Angela.
hehe, I can totally see that happening.

Me too... Great minds indeed. Hey, Rob, you want to beta mine? PM me if so.
I sent you a PM. (that's a yes)

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by sera Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:53 pm

dawnsfire wrote:I'll go along with that, sera. Sorry, guys!

The problem with something vague like that is that (preferably) both of them have to willing to see it or admit it. Emphasis on admit. But we want to see something physical. It doesn't have to be sex (quiet in the peanut gallery, please!)--a real hug at the end of the episode as acknowledgement they each saw and understood what the other meant would be nice. Or some other indicator, such as a discussion of what they're making for breakfast in the morning.

queen

El--Rob just pushes the envelope a little more than you do, that's all.
I don't think the scene would end with anything too romantic. I imagine they'll leave it as it is, and then discuss it later xP They'll admit and understand each other, and I imagine we the audience will be all "Wait, what? Was that the confession?" I reckon they'll realise they both love each other, but not consummate immediately. They might get back to the case, and then:

They're sharing food on the couch, feet propped up or something, and Booth casually slings an arm around her or Brennan slaps him (playfully, of course) for something he says. Then there's just this awkward moment like you were talking about, and yeah...it FINALLY clicks. Where they realize how perfectly comfortable they are sitting together, and how it's "us".
Yes! Something like that would be a nice way to end the episode.

All the lovey dovey stuff can remain in fanfics for all I care Razz Yeah, I imagine this will be met with much resistance, but I'm totally happy with how the writers have handled their relationship. The lack of emotional fallout after Booth's fake death actually worked great for me, lol. I probably wouldn't be so satisfied if there were no fanfics out there, but with their existence, I'm happy with the writers taking the less emotional route.
sera
sera
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:22 am

I don't think the scene would end with anything too romantic. I imagine they'll leave it as it is, and then discuss it later xP They'll admit and understand each other, and I imagine we the audience will be all "Wait, what? Was that the confession?" I reckon they'll realise they both love each other, but not consummate immediately. They might get back to the case.

I at least want acknowledgement. I think we as an audience need to see them not so much going through the motions of everything, but at the least admitting there is something there. If all we get is a couple beats of awkward silence, that just ain't gonna cut it.

It would be kind of cute to see them attempting to date, like doing the whole fancy restauraunt thing, only to realize they've kind of been doing the dating thing for years now. He doesn't have to "woo" her, seeing as they're basically a couple already anyway.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:43 am

I agree that we need to see something real (and there is such a thing as too subtle), and the dinner thing would be cute. But Booth is more of a romantic, and I'm not going just by fanfics here, and he would want to make a few sweet gestures, a token wooing, you might say.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:13 am

Oh, Booth would so want to be romantic if he ever starts down that road. I mean he's already given her Jasper and Brainy Smurf, talked to her about breaking the laws of nature. And I'd like to see him get nervous about it. It wouldn't necessarily last too terribly long, but I'd love to see him sweat it!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by sera Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:16 am

MoonlightGardenias wrote:
I at least want acknowledgement. I think we as an audience need to see them not so much going through the motions of everything, but at the least admitting there is something there. If all we get is a couple beats of awkward silence, that just ain't gonna cut it.

It would be kind of cute to see them attempting to date, like doing the whole fancy restauraunt thing, only to realize they've kind of been doing the dating thing for years now. He doesn't have to "woo" her, seeing as they're basically a couple already anyway.

I think they both will admit that there is something there, but in a way that is not blatant. The writers rarely go down the contrived path, so I wouldn't like to see an episode where the case is really an afterthought while fans gush about every minute romantic gesture from Booth. I love the show for its cases as much as I do the relationships. To see a huge date scene just doesn't fit the flow or tone of the show. That's why the romantic scenes work well in fanfics, where you can choose to focus on a particular aspect - usually Booth/Brennan. The writers of the actual show don't have that luxury. I like that they set up the scene of Booth taking Brennan out for a discount meal, or Booth, Brennan and Sweets at a bowling alley, but allowed the viewer to decide how it went. I see them both treating situations like these as dates already.

Oh, Booth would so want to be romantic if he ever starts down that road. I mean he's already given her Jasper and Brainy Smurf, talked to her about breaking the laws of nature. And I'd like to see him get nervous about it. It wouldn't necessarily last too terribly long, but I'd love to see him sweat it!
I agree Smile I think Booth's more comfortable with romantic gestures when Brennan's not aware of his intent. But once his cover's blown, I reckon he'll be a bumbling idiot.
sera
sera
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:19 am

Bumbling idiot! I like that. I'm sure David could pull off Booth being a bumbling idiot!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:27 am

I think it'll be somewhat romantic for sure, I mean Booth is the romantic and this is Brennan, his one true love and the woman he's been holdning out for for two plus years now. He's gonna start out Mr Suave and then as the time draws nigh he'll become Mr Fidgety-Nervous guy. The kicker will be that Brennan won't care about the romantic setting, HE's what's important to her, the rest is just window dressing.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:56 am

Aww, see the idea of Booth being all nervous and bumbling is quite adorable really. I do think we'll see them at least once, or at least I kind of hope we do, in that fancy setting where you can see the poor guy is trying hard to pull out all the stops to impress her. I could see him going to the trouble of finding a place where they serve organic/vegetarian foods for her, only for her to be like "You do realize I would have been perfectly happy with take-out at your place, right?"

Also, he would get her daffodils. Or maybe daisies. Because he knows her, and roses just aren't her thing. They'd also probably argue about whether or not he should open her door. And then there's the whole standing at the door, "I had a good time" moment, which could really go one way or another.

See, w probably won't get half of this so it's better to get it out of the system now.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:38 am

MoonlightGardenias wrote:Aww, see the idea of Booth being all nervous and bumbling is quite adorable really. I do think we'll see them at least once, or at least I kind of hope we do, in that fancy setting where you can see the poor guy is trying hard to pull out all the stops to impress her. I could see him going to the trouble of finding a place where they serve organic/vegetarian foods for her, only for her to be like "You do realize I would have been perfectly happy with take-out at your place, right?"

Also, he would get her daffodils. Or maybe daisies. Because he knows her, and roses just aren't her thing. They'd also probably argue about whether or not he should open her door. And then there's the whole standing at the door, "I had a good time" moment, which could really go one way or another.

See, w probably won't get half of this so it's better to get it out of the system now.

Oh god, sounds like their first date would be a nervous wreck, that could make or break their relationship.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4