Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

interested...

+4
dawnsfire
revi
jagglebells
RGPageantqueen
8 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

interested... - Page 3 Empty Re: interested...

Post by dawnsfire Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:49 am

I'll go along with that, sera. Sorry, guys!

The problem with something vague like that is that (preferably) both of them have to willing to see it or admit it. Emphasis on admit. But we want to see something physical. It doesn't have to be sex (quiet in the peanut gallery, please!)--a real hug at the end of the episode as acknowledgement they each saw and understood what the other meant would be nice. Or some other indicator, such as a discussion of what they're making for breakfast in the morning.

queen

El--Rob just pushes the envelope a little more than you do, that's all.
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:55 am

RGPageantqueen wrote:dlirting with me is not flirting with cute girls.

How not? Other than the fact that you are a one, singular (as opposed to plural), person. You're female, and if that's your actual pic in the avatar, then you are far cuter than me.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:57 am

but they wouldn't date? Do you think they'll date or just be like, "Hey, I like you"

"Yeah I like you too."

"Alright, cool."

And leave it at that?
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:57 am

dawnsfire wrote:I'll go along with that, sera. Sorry, guys!

The problem with something vague like that is that (preferably) both of them have to willing to see it or admit it. Emphasis on admit. But we want to see something physical. It doesn't have to be sex (quiet in the peanut gallery, please!)--a real hug at the end of the episode as acknowledgement they each saw and understood what the other meant would be nice. Or some other indicator, such as a discussion of what they're making for breakfast in the morning.
Well that's why I like my scenario of something starting out vague and before you know it Brennan's looking at Booth and saying "We're not talking about the case now are we?" and there's that sudden realization from both of them that, 'holy shit - he/she is in love with me!' which of course leasd us to the late night knock on Booth's door where he opens it up and there's Brennan - drenched because it's raining outside - and she looks at him and says "We need to talk..." roll credits. I mean, that's perfect IMO.

king RM

El, I beg to differ. You are a girl. You are decidedly cute. Therefore cute girl. QED.

Oh, and the Queen is, as always, correct. I do tend to push the envelope more. Then again I'd rather go out like Icarus than Daedalus any day.
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:01 pm

dawnsfire wrote:
RGPageantqueen wrote:dlirting with me is not flirting with cute girls.

How not? Other than the fact that you are a one, singular (as opposed to plural), person. You're female, and if that's your actual pic in the avatar, then you are far cuter than me.

queen

Thats not me, sadly. Thats Taylor Swift. I wish I was as beautiful as her. But sadly, I am not.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:11 pm

Totally stepping into this conversation here, and why not...

(And BTW, I totally didn't recognize Taylor in your avvy, with the straight hair)...

Anyway, I'm greedy. I want to see it happen. I don't wanna see Brennan walking into the Jeffersonian one day and being all "Oh, Booth and I are now sexually involved."...or...you know, a more Brennan way of phrasing it. They both know how they feel individually, the trouble is locking them in the same room long enough for the truth to come out. Life/Death situation? Maybe, but that's too cliche. A case that hits way too close to home that knocks the sense into one of them? A little more likely. But honestly, I think it (in a perfect world where HH and Co aren't a bunch of masochists) would just stem out of this perfectly natural moment.

You know what I mean? They're sharing food on the couch, feet propped up or something, and Booth casually slings an arm around her or Brennan slaps him (playfully, of course) for something he says. Then there's just this awkward moment like you were talking about, and yeah...it FINALLY clicks. Where they realize how perfectly comfortable they are sitting together, and how it's "us".

Or, if it were a REALLY perfect world, Booth could graduate from guy hugs to guy kisses, but I'm pretty sure even Brennan could see through that one. Rolling Eyes
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:14 pm

I didn't know guys kissed.... hmmm.

Yeah, thats Taylor, a rare photo, but nonetheless her. Sadly I can never be that beautiful.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:19 pm

They don't. That was kind of the point. Meh...Yeah I suck epically at making comparisons. And sarcasm. But you get the point, right? It has to happen eventually.

Or...an argument? She has to blow up at him for interrupting one of her dates eventually. Letting the reason slip (if it hasn't by that time already) will be perfect.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:22 pm

MoonlightGardenias wrote:Totally stepping into this conversation here, and why not...

(And BTW, I totally didn't recognize Taylor in your avvy, with the straight hair)...

Anyway, I'm greedy. I want to see it happen. I don't wanna see Brennan walking into the Jeffersonian one day and being all "Oh, Booth and I are now sexually involved."...or...you know, a more Brennan way of phrasing it. They both know how they feel individually, the trouble is locking them in the same room long enough for the truth to come out. Life/Death situation? Maybe, but that's too cliche. A case that hits way too close to home that knocks the sense into one of them? A little more likely. But honestly, I think it (in a perfect world where HH and Co aren't a bunch of masochists) would just stem out of this perfectly natural moment.

You know what I mean? They're sharing food on the couch, feet propped up or something, and Booth casually slings an arm around her or Brennan slaps him (playfully, of course) for something he says. Then there's just this awkward moment like you were talking about, and yeah...it FINALLY clicks. Where they realize how perfectly comfortable they are sitting together, and how it's "us".

Or, if it were a REALLY perfect world, Booth could graduate from guy hugs to guy kisses, but I'm pretty sure even Brennan could see through that one. Rolling Eyes
Pull up a chair, please, sit and chat a bit.

Anyway, you're right about the cliche aspect, as well as what not to see. I'd rather not have either of them suddenly, "oh yeah, been together for the last month." WE have to see it happen; they can hide it from their coworkers, but not from US! But this is TV, and it is HH & Co., so don't rule the cliches out. But I like your "perfectly naural moment" and Rob's version, too. Both are fairly understated. Which is probably why they won't happen. Hard to hype that. Mad

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:24 pm

MoonlightGardenias wrote:Totally stepping into this conversation here, and why not...
Hey, always room for one more IMO. Very Happy

I'm with you in wanting to see it happen, but it's Booth and Brennan, you know they're gonna have to have a relationship talk and I for one can do without that really. Hence my desire to see some sort of veiled admission by both of them as to their feelings followed by the closing credit "We need to talk..." door knock (if y'all haven't caught on, I'm not letting go of this, in fact It might show up in a fic one day). That said, once they have the off screen discussion I want them to be making out in her office, on her couch, hair tussled, clothes askew, his hand up her blouse when Cam (NOT Angela for a variety of reasons) finds them in an incriminating position. I mean, can you imagine Cam doing the whole "Oh God not you two too!" routine and then lecturing them on the locations of the cameras?

There was a fic or a drabble where someone had Brennan questioning Angela about "guy hugs" etc, and Angela totally covered for Booth, assured Brennan that they were just friendly hugs. Then when she saw Booth later she nailed him and said something like "If she starts asking about 'guy kisses' you're on your own Booth." I wish I knew the name of that fic...Oh my Queen! You who are so gifted in the location of obscure fics, can you help me out? Thanks in advance!

king RM

Last edited by THX1138 on Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed tags)
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:28 pm

I wanna say something but i don't know what to say.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:31 pm

I want them to be making out in her office, on her couch, hair tussled, clothes askew, his hand up her blouse when Cam (NOT Angela for a variety of reasons) finds them in an incriminating position. I mean, can you imagine Cam doing the whole "Oh God not you two too!" routine and then lecturing them on the locations of the cameras?

That is so true. I don't know about her catching them necessarily, but I could totally see her pulling one if not both of them aside and basically giving the lecture.

See, thanks to fanfic, Angela gets a bad rap as a BB shipper. Even though Micheala is one too, apparently. I mean seriously, when has she ever squealed? But, what I think would be interesting (which means it probably won't happen), is if Brennan tried to be subtle about who she was seeing and asked for advice from Ange, or somehow got roped into it. If her radar wasn't working and someone had to actually tell her, that would be better...

There was a fic or a drabble where someone had Brennan questioning Angela about "guy hugs" etc, and Angela totally covered for Booth, assured Brennan that they were just friendly hugs. Then when she saw Booth later she nailed him and said something like "If she starts asking about 'guy kisses' you're on your own Booth." I wish I knew the name of that fic...Oh my Queen! You who are so gifted in the location of obscure fics, can you help me out? Thanks in advance!

I've read that, or I think I did. I just can't remember the title. Anyone?

Anyway, I'd really like to see something concrete happen this season. I could see them going at mid-season with some sort of cliff that leaves us hanging, or possibly even next finale, but I don't know. They need to have that talk, walls need to be stripped down, but this is TV and we probably won't see that. But honestly, can we at least see them you know, in bed...getting dressed? Doing couple-y things? I think we deserve that if/when it happens.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:33 pm

I think even id she gave them a lecture she'd HAVE to give them a high five because they are finally together.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:36 pm

RGPageantqueen wrote:I think even id she gave them a lecture she'd HAVE to give them a high five because they are finally together.

That's why I love Cam. She loved the guy once, but now they're really awesome friends and she's basically his cheerleader.

Totally, totally fanfic/cliche, but when they're leaving her office he starts to do the "hand on the small of her back" thing, but hesitates and grabs her hand instead. Brennan, being ever so astute goes "Booth? You're holding my hand." and he's just sort of like "Yes." To which Brennan actually doesn't hit him like she would someone else, but chooses to walk with him instead.

Yes, I know. I'm in la-la land.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:38 pm

THX1138 wrote:There was a fic or a drabble where someone had Brennan questioning Angela about "guy hugs" etc, and Angela totally covered for Booth, assured Brennan that they were just friendly hugs. Then when she saw Booth later she nailed him and said something like "If she starts asking about 'guy kisses' you're on your own Booth." I wish I knew the name of that fic...Oh my Queen! You who are so gifted in the location of obscure fics, can you help me out? Thanks in advance!

king RM

I know I've seen a couple referencing the whole guy hug thing, but I don't know if I've seen that one! But I'll have a look. We can start with blc... Very Happy

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:41 pm

You can be the mayor of La-La land and I'll buy a time share just to establish residence and vote for you as Mayor for Life because THAT is an excellent scenario.

I think Ange gets a bad wrap because she's a moment killer. In the show she always seems to interrupt them at exactly the wrong time. That and she doesnt' know subtle, not with them. She'd see them making out and make such a production out of it that Brennan would go cold fish on Booth next time they were in the lab. He'd go from almost gettin' some to gettin' none at all in a flash. You know he would.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:45 pm

THX1138 wrote:You can be the mayor of La-La land and I'll buy a time share just to establish residence and vote for you as Mayor for Life because THAT is an excellent scenario.

See? I think it's the kind of "subtle, but not really subtle" we need. I get they don't need to hit us over the head with it, but something like this could happen.

And yay for me being Mayor. For life. Cool

Ange does get a bad rap, and I get it. I do. But maybe, if/when they're trying to keep it secret (though assuming Cam/whoever she's with knows), she were to witness them kissing, even if it was just casual, to see her reaction and do the "Why didn't you tell me?" would be kind of okay, considering their lack of BFFness as of late. And yes, that is so a word.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:53 pm

THX1138 wrote:You can be the mayor of La-La land and I'll buy a time share just to establish residence and vote for you as Mayor for Life because THAT is an excellent scenario.

I think Ange gets a bad wrap because she's a moment killer. In the show she always seems to interrupt them at exactly the wrong time. That and she doesnt' know subtle, not with them. She'd see them making out and make such a production out of it that Brennan would go cold fish on Booth next time they were in the lab. He'd go from almost gettin' some to gettin' none at all in a flash. You know he would.

king RM

If Angela made a big deal about it, Brennan would flee in an instant.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:56 pm

You've caught that too? It's no secret why Booth is Brennan's best friend IMO, Angie has been seriously lacking since she and Hodgins broke up. Actually she peaked at the trial, since then she's been on a down hill run and I think it really started with Zach's betrayal. Zach was discovered as the apprentice and she turned to Jack for comfort leaving Brennan to fend for herself. If Booth hadn't been there Brennan would have been screwed. blc's [Only admins are allowed to see this link] highlights that perfectly.

After that all of Season Four was pretty much a journey of Booth replacing Angela as Brennan's BFF. Not that Brennan would admit it, nor would Angela really mind that much since I think she knows she's not been the best friend to Brennan - her and Roxie's breakup really brought home to her the gulf that exists between them now (her and Brennan). They're still friends but far from being as close as they once were. Now Booth is Brennan's "go to" person. Which of course is why they're destined to bump uglies.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:58 pm

RGPageantqueen wrote: If Angela made a big deal about it, Brennan would flee in an instant.
I agree that's a probability. Brennan isn't going to be 'good' with a public relationship at first, there'll be a lot of pressure on them both but she'll feel it more keenly than Booth for sure. If Angie made an issue out of it she'd probably bolt.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:00 pm

Oh, of course. I almost want to think the distancing and making Booth her best friend was intentional and a set up for a deeper relationship, but I don't know if they're that smart and intuitive.

Still, it'll be interesting to see if Brennan actually tries seeking advice from someone about the feelings she's experiencing. Booth's her "heart" person, but when the feelings she has are for him, who can she use as a sounding board? I know she normally wouldn't, but we've got a slightly different Brennan now, so who knows?

OMG. Cam. "How did you know you were in love with Booth?" SO gonna happen.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:02 pm

wasn't he always her go to guy?
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:03 pm

MoonlightGardenias wrote:Oh, of course. I almost want to think the distancing and making Booth her best friend was intentional and a set up for a deeper relationship, but I don't know if they're that smart and intuitive.
Past experience would seem to indicate they aren't, so I'm betting on happy coincidence.

Still, it'll be interesting to see if Brennan actually tries seeking advice from someone about the feelings she's experiencing. Booth's her "heart" person, but when the feelings she has are for him, who can she use as a sounding board? I know she normally wouldn't, but we've got a slightly different Brennan now, so who knows?

OMG. Cam. "How did you know you were in love with Booth?" SO gonna happen.
I was just gonna say Cam! You've got to give me back our brain so I can use it next!

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:06 pm

RGPageantqueen wrote:wasn't he always her go to guy?
Well no, not really. S1 and S2 she went to Angela for everything. In S1 she talked to her constantly about Booth because she didn't understand him. In S2 she started sharing more with Booth but he was always the second stringer, never the starter. It's not until S3 that we see Booth getting the start more often and then in S4 he's practically Brett Favre - never misses a game even when he should be on the bench healing up.

king RM

Yeah, I know. I got into the whole sports metaphore and decided to stick with it. Deal
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:12 pm

I was just gonna say Cam! You've got to give me back our brain so I can use it next!

What can I say, we share the brain, and I gotta admit we do have some pretty good ideas. I can only picture Cam's face after that moment, or her dragging them both into a room for intervention. Perfect.

I actually started writing a Bren/Ange friendship fic thing based on that conversation we had the other day. How they sort of find out just how much of a gap there is between them? Granted, Angela's had her fair share of personal issues in the past year, but I miss Brennan actually trying to be there. You know what that's called, right? Starts with an "In", ends with a "continuity". Yep. /end rant/

We just really, really need a "I know what you look like naked."/flustered Brennan moment. Booth walks up behind her on the platform when no one else is around and he sort of grabs her, but not forcibly of course. Sort of like "Snakes!" only, you know, sexually charged. Rolling Eyes
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum