Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buffy/Angel fans

+24
country2776
Nightowl
G
SJB
rexcat
katharine
jsgemini
crzy4bones
CanadianBones
yvettelgh
treble21
suck.it.up.buttercup91
Meegs82
THX1138
missdebra87
moonlightbones
i_heart_bones
Tan
DBCrazy
MoonlightGardenias
Zeddie
flyersfan35
lena152
Fluffernutter
28 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Buffy/Angel fans - Page 20 Empty Re: Buffy/Angel fans

Post by katharine Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:11 pm

treble21 wrote:
crzy4bones wrote:They have gotten to the part on TNT where they take Angel's soul out to get info on how to kill the Beast. David is so wicked as Angleus...I love it. Can't wait until the couple of Faith episodes next week...and then I will just skip the stupid Cordelia/Jasmine episodes because that's about the stupidest storyline in TV. LOL!

yeah those were good eps.

Just watched that whole part of S4 Angel this weekend. Went really fast over the last 2 DVD's - Jasmine episodes - so freakin stupid. But Soulless - DB is so wicked and erotic I just love it.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:07 pm

katharine wrote:
treble21 wrote:
crzy4bones wrote:They have gotten to the part on TNT where they take Angel's soul out to get info on how to kill the Beast. David is so wicked as Angleus...I love it. Can't wait until the couple of Faith episodes next week...and then I will just skip the stupid Cordelia/Jasmine episodes because that's about the stupidest storyline in TV. LOL!

yeah those were good eps.

Just watched that whole part of S4 Angel this weekend. Went really fast over the last 2 DVD's - Jasmine episodes - so freakin stupid. But Soulless - DB is so wicked and erotic I just love it.

Just finished Awakening a few hours ago, the end of that episode was brilliant, I remember when it first aired I was like " No friggin way" ( except a lot more cursing) Really really well done, I wasn't expecting it at all. then I hadn't watched the eps in a looooong time so I watched again in March when I was sick and I totally forgot that Angelus was supposed to come back at the end and I was shocked AGAIN .. LOL
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:43 am

Just watched IWRY...so heartbreaking. The end scene is just so well done, it makes me cry every damn time...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:00 am

Having an Angel marathon today, started with Soulless and watching all the angelus episodes, then moving on to season 5
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:52 am

My husband asked me why I still DVR the episodes when I now have the DVD's..LOL. I have no good explanation for it...I do the same with Bones. But I am loving the Angelus episodes...he is so wicked and erotic like Katherine said...and I, too, love it. I love that little growl he does. One of my favorite episodes, Orpheus, is on tomorrow.

on a side note...I always thought that Angel and Faith would make an interesting coupling...and would make more sense then Angel and Cordelia...

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:16 am

I didn't realize something about the episode Awakening until yesterday. I was watching my Angel marathon this weekend and went back for a last time to watch that one.

In Angel's fantasy day, when he is losing his soul after sleeping with Cordelia - he calls out Buffy's name. I guess that proves that even though Joss tried to pair up Angel and Cordelia, no one could really take Buffy's place.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:47 am

katharine wrote:I didn't realize something about the episode Awakening until yesterday. I was watching my Angel marathon this weekend and went back for a last time to watch that one.

In Angel's fantasy day, when he is losing his soul after sleeping with Cordelia - he calls out Buffy's name. I guess that proves that even though Joss tried to pair up Angel and Cordelia, no one could really take Buffy's place.

Well I think it proves that even Joss believes that Angel/Buffy were the OTP.

Or it could mean that he was remembering it happening after sex with Buffy ( he didn't say her name while Cordy and him were having sex it wasn't until after he felt the soul being ripped from him)
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by G Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:26 am

I think I'm going to start watching Buffy tonight. Anybody mind if I share the journey from here, from the beginning? lol
G
G
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 8770
Say What You Want : Vizzini: I can't compete with you physically, and you're no match for my brains.
Man in Black: You're that smart?
Vizzini: Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?
Man in Black: Yes.
Vizzini: Morons.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:34 am

G-Woman wrote:I think I'm going to start watching Buffy tonight. Anybody mind if I share the journey from here, from the beginning? lol

that would be awesome, it would be interesting to see it from a newcomers perspective.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:05 am

G-Woman wrote:I think I'm going to start watching Buffy tonight. Anybody mind if I share the journey from here, from the beginning? lol
That will be awesome! When I started watching, I wished that I had someone to really chat with about it!
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:23 am

treble21 wrote:

that would be awesome, it would be interesting to see it from a newcomers perspective.

I could talk Buffy / Angel all day long, even more than B&B. Especially the way their relationship isn't going.
Joss Whedon knew how to write some really good characters.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:45 am

katharine wrote:
treble21 wrote:

I could talk Buffy / Angel all day long, even more than B&B. Especially the way their relationship isn't going.
I totally agree...
Spoiler:
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:15 pm

flyersfan35 wrote:
katharine wrote:
treble21 wrote:

I totally agree...
Spoiler:

I agree with your spoiler. I know the comic book has lived on past Angel, but I really wish Buffy would have made an appearance on his last episode. I think I read somewhere that they asked her and she turned it down. I also think I read that Charisma Carpenter was not asked back. I think they had some issues with the studio at the end of Angel and they bantered around about a S6 but it never came around so they had to find a way to end it quickly. In my dreams Buffy and Angel live on in happiness, well not too much happiness. He tells her about their one day together and they live peacefully knowing about that.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:17 pm

katharine wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:
katharine wrote:
treble21 wrote:

I totally agree...
Spoiler:

I agree with your spoiler. I know the comic book has lived on past Angel, but I really wish Buffy would have made an appearance on his last episode. I think I read somewhere that they asked her and she turned it down. I also think I read that Charisma Carpenter was not asked back. I think they had some issues with the studio at the end of Angel and they bantered around about a S6 but it never came around so they had to find a way to end it quickly. In my dreams Buffy and Angel live on in happiness, well not too much happiness. He tells her about their one day together and they live peacefully knowing about that.
Haha, I had to write my own Angel fanfic so that I could sleep at night...lol
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:14 pm

katharine wrote:

Buffy was supposed to appear in the next to last episode, like Angel appeared in Buffy's next to last episode, but SMG was busy filming a movie and couldn't appear, which really was a shame. From what I understand, Cordelia was never even thought of because they felt that her storyline had wrapped up perfectly in "You're Welcome". And I think I read it was the network that screwed Angel....there was a new head of the network and Joss was pushing for a renewal during the season rather than waiting until the end of the season and the new guy got ticked and cancelled it, even though it had good ratings and was still popular. In an ironic twist, the episode that aired right after the announcement was "Smile Time"...one of the series most acclaimed episodes...

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:52 pm

katharine wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:
katharine wrote:
treble21 wrote:

I totally agree...
Spoiler:

They asked SMG to come back for the 100th episode of Angel and when she declined they then asked CC to come back and they used the opportunity to
Spoiler:
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by G Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:43 pm

I did it. I'm no longer a Buffy virgin. lol
Let me start by saying, CURSE YOU MEGAVIDEO! CUT ME OFF HALFWAY THROUGH HARVEST! ARGHHHHHH!

Okay, that outburst was a bad poker face. I think I'm in love!
First with Giles, and then out of the shadows came this gorgeous creature bearing gifts. HOLY CRAP! I have seen pictures of DB younger, but I had never seen him actually moving, and acting. Wow. *thud* That was my jaw dropping.
I didn't know the show was from 1997!!! I thought it was newer than that. Who cares. I loved it a lot, and admittedly, I've never been a huge fan of vampires, but. I don't know. Something sparked.

Has it been 54 minutes yet? CURSE YOU MEGAVIDEO! I already said that.
So far, I've laughed out loud a few times, and to me, that's always an indicator of a show I will like. DB. I like.
Back later with more innane ramblings! hahaha.
Also, first dude who gets killed, I noticed right away, he's the guy from that show with Gary Sinise. One of the CSI's I think. And Jesse, was from the show 6 feet Under. Whoo, deep breath.
I'll be back!
G
G
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Say What You Want : Vizzini: I can't compete with you physically, and you're no match for my brains.
Vizzini: Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:03 pm

G-Woman wrote:I did it. I'm no longer a Buffy virgin. lol
Let me start by saying, CURSE YOU MEGAVIDEO! CUT ME OFF HALFWAY THROUGH HARVEST! ARGHHHHHH!

First with Giles, and then out of the shadows came this gorgeous creature bearing gifts. HOLY CRAP! I have seen pictures of DB younger, but I had never seen him actually moving, and acting. Wow. *thud* That was my jaw dropping.
I didn't know the show was from 1997!!! I thought it was newer than that. Who cares. I loved it a lot, and admittedly, I've never been a huge fan of vampires, but. I don't know. Something sparked.

So far, I've laughed out loud a few times, and to me, that's always an indicator of a show I will like. DB. I like.
Also, first dude who gets killed, I noticed right away, he's the guy from that show with Gary Sinise. One of the CSI's I think. And Jesse, was from the show 6 feet Under. Whoo, deep breath.
I'll be back!
Yay! So glad you like it so far...and omg, doesn't DB look like he's about 15?? lol! It's funny, if you get the dvd's, in the first episode Joss Whedon does commentary on it, and he talks about DB and how he didn't know if he should cast him, and all the women in the studio were drooling over him, lol. I can't remember exactly what he said, it's been awhile since I listened to the commentary, but it was pretty funny.

And yes, along the way you'll probably find many people that you recognize..I was the same with the X-Files, and even now when I go back and watch Buffy and Angel, I catch myself saying, 'I know that person', lol
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:12 pm

I'll be back!

Once you watch them on line, you really need to get the DVD's. Not sure where you live but check out Walmart, they have really good prices. I got first 3 seasons of Buffy there for only 14.99 each. I didn't buy any after that, bought Angel DVD's, just watched Buffy episodes on line or will DVD them when they run on LOGO TV if I want to watch.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:24 am

I'll be back!

Yay! you liked it! I was a little concerned because IMO the first season of Buffy is insanely cheesy, you'll find that you will recognize a lot of people when watching, a lot of actors had bit parts on the show before they got their own shows/movie careers.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by G Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:40 am

It is insanely cheesy so far, but if you sort of ignore the clothes and the hair, you can tell there's some good writing behind it. I personally love cheese. hahaha
DB totally looks 15 years old. He's such a baby there! And yet so very fine. His voice is weird too. He must have had some vocal coaching over the years, or he fnally went through puberty.
I could only find the first half of The harvest and it has chinese subtitles, but I'll keep trucking with megavideo until we find the DVDs. Maybe I'll just go ahead to ep 3. Laughing
No Walmart here, Katharine, but they must be somewhere. We'll find them!!!! I have faith. I have want!!!!!!!

ps Mr G made it as far into the episode as Buffy telling Willow to "seize the moment" "Life is too short" and he agreed with her and went to do something else. Oh well! He tried. He'll be back. lol Because I think I have just taken control of the Tv. hahahaha Love the HDMI connection!
G
G
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:49 am

G-Woman wrote:It is insanely cheesy so far, but if you sort of ignore the clothes and the hair, you can tell there's some good writing behind it. I personally love cheese. hahaha
DB totally looks 15 years old. He's such a baby there! And yet so very fine. His voice is weird too. He must have had some vocal coaching over the years, or he fnally went through puberty.
I could only find the first half of The harvest and it has chinese subtitles, but I'll keep trucking with megavideo until we find the DVDs. Maybe I'll just go ahead to ep 3. Laughing
No Walmart here, Katharine, but they must be somewhere. We'll find them!!!! I have faith. I have want!!!!!!!

ps Mr G made it as far into the episode as Buffy telling Willow to "seize the moment" "Life is too short" and he agreed with her and went to do something else. Oh well! He tried. He'll be back. lol Because I think I have just taken control of the Tv. hahahaha Love the HDMI connection!

Yeah DB's voice was a little weird in the first season, I chalk it up to him being realitively new to acting and trying to be mysterious, it evens out eventually. and
tell Mr.G that the second season is waaaay better, and not nearly as cheesy LOL
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by G Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:08 am

treble21 wrote:
G-Woman wrote:It is insanely cheesy so far, but if you sort of ignore the clothes and the hair, you can tell there's some good writing behind it. I personally love cheese. hahaha

Yeah DB's voice was a little weird in the first season, I chalk it up to him being realitively new to acting and trying to be mysterious, it evens out eventually. and
tell Mr.G that the second season is waaaay better, and not nearly as cheesy LOL
I shall do my best to convince him. He never gave up on me with Bones. The first episode I ever watched was Double trouble in the Panhandle, and I was like "what the hell is this????" But I tried again and here I am! lol He'll come around. If it gets better like you all say!
G
G
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:20 am

You can order the DVD's online....I think that's what I am going to have to do...I have all of Angel and S1 of Buffy...but Walmart sold out of the Buffy combo sets before I could go back and get S2 and S3...Sad S2 and S3 are way better than S1....

OH...try your library....I know it's not like owning them but at least you would get to see them and get the commentary...that's what I did....alot of libraries have TV-series on DVD now.

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by G Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:30 am

crzy4bones wrote:You can order the DVD's online....I think that's what I am going to have to do...I have all of Angel and S1 of Buffy...but Walmart sold out of the Buffy combo sets before I could go back and get S2 and S3...Sad S2 and S3 are way better than S1....

OH...try your library....I know it's not like owning them but at least you would get to see them and get the commentary...that's what I did....alot of libraries have TV-series on DVD now.
I might just have to order them online. I just don't want to wait, I want them now! lol I never thought to check the library. There must be one of those nearby.........thanks! Very Happy
G
G
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next