Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buffy/Angel fans

+24
country2776
Nightowl
G
SJB
rexcat
katharine
jsgemini
crzy4bones
CanadianBones
yvettelgh
treble21
suck.it.up.buttercup91
Meegs82
THX1138
missdebra87
moonlightbones
i_heart_bones
Tan
DBCrazy
MoonlightGardenias
Zeddie
flyersfan35
lena152
Fluffernutter
28 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Buffy/Angel fans - Page 11 Empty Re: Buffy/Angel fans

Post by DBCrazy Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:02 pm

THX1138 wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:I enjoyed Once More With Feeling, although I didn't expect to.
I found the surprising thing about OMWF was that Amber could really sing. I knew SMG had a weak voice, and everyone else, well, basically the singing really falls to Amber and Tony who are just, wow.

RM
They did a little more in other episodes with Tony singing, which I enjoyed too. I saw a music CD on Amazon, read some rave reviews so I decided to get it. Oh, I don't even remember now what it was, but I don't think I even made it through the whole CD. It was painful for me. Music for Elevators I gave it to one of my buddy's that has a much wider musical palette than I have. I never did ask him what he thought of it though.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:10 pm

JM didnt have too bad a voice. i saw him life in melbourne when he came to australia. pretty good show. still listen to his cd...
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:19 am

i_heart_bones wrote:JM didnt have too bad a voice. i saw him life in melbourne when he came to australia. pretty good show. still listen to his cd...
I was just listening to his songs on youtube. Even though according to Joss in the OMWF commentary, James's classic style of music is "bad boy noise," I like his quiet songs better.
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5591
Location : 48% of day in school, 44% at home, 8% in transit between them
Say What You Want : Officially obsessed with fandom.
Registration date : 2008-06-16

http://fluffernutter8.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:26 am

THX1138 wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:I enjoyed Once More With Feeling, although I didn't expect to.

I just saw on the TVGuide that tomorrow morning's episode of Angel is Darla coming back to LA busting at the seams to have his baby!
Offspring
I found the surprising thing about OMWF was that Amber could really sing. I knew SMG had a weak voice, and everyone else, well, basically the singing really falls to Amber and Tony who are just, wow.

RM
I have the whole soundtrack on my ipod. Some of the songs are on my top 25 most played. Standing (the Giles song) is actually #2 on the list.
I don't mind SMG's voice, but I've always held that Alyson's line in Walk Through the Fire "I think this line's mostly filler," while funny, does not actually sound like her voice.
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:28 am

Guess who had a talk with her parents and is now the owner of a Claddagh ring??? That'd be MEEEEEEEEEEE! It's actually too small for my finger so it's on my pinkie, but my BFF is going to get me a new one for my birthday. Yay!!
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by moonlightbones Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:00 am

Ok folks I finished watching season 4 today. WTH happened? I loved this show until they turned Cordy all wacko. And now she's barely on and when she is she's freakin unconscious. And the ridiculous Jasmine story? WTH is that? GRRRR! I wanna see season 5. Or do I?
moonlightbones
moonlightbones
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 308
Say What You Want : - 'What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.' -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:11 am

moonlightbones wrote:Ok folks I finished watching season 4 today. WTH happened? I loved this show until they turned Cordy all wacko. And now she's barely on and when she is she's freakin unconscious. And the ridiculous Jasmine story? WTH is that? GRRRR! I wanna see season 5. Or do I?
You kinda do. And then, you kinda don't. I would at least watch it just so you can have some kind of closure.
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:53 am

moonlightbones wrote:Ok folks I finished watching season 4 today. WTH happened? I loved this show until they turned Cordy all wacko. And now she's barely on and when she is she's freakin unconscious. And the ridiculous Jasmine story? WTH is that? GRRRR! I wanna see season 5. Or do I?
Season four, except for the Angelus moments, was crap. Season 5 is great...wonderful interaction between DB and JM. And some really funny eps...it's different from the other seasons, but it's great!
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:10 am

flyersfan35 wrote:
Season four, except for the Angelus moments, was crap. Season 5 is great...wonderful interaction between DB and JM. And some really funny eps...it's different from the other seasons, but it's great!
Cavemen vs. astronauts lol!
I I love you Angelus at any point, in any way. Him singing Teddy Bear's Picnic...way too creepy. But in an awesome way.
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:28 am

Fluffernutter wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:
Cavemen vs. astronauts :lol!:
I I love you Angelus at any point, in any way. Him singing Teddy Bear's Picnic...way too creepy. But in an awesome way.
omg! Too funny! Though it started one of the saddest episodes...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:35 pm

Fluffernutter wrote:Guess who had a talk with her parents and is now the owner of a Claddagh ring??? That'd be MEEEEEEEEEEE! It's actually too small for my finger so it's on my pinkie, but my BFF is going to get me a new one for my birthday. Yay!!
Oh Fluff! I have to ... SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Spill girl! I want to hear this talk you had with them!!!!!

Waiting ... all EARS!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:37 am

DBCrazy wrote:
Fluffernutter wrote:Guess who had a talk with her parents and is now the owner of a Claddagh ring??? That'd be MEEEEEEEEEEE! It's actually too small for my finger so it's on my pinkie, but my BFF is going to get me a new one for my birthday. Yay!!

Waiting ... all EARS!
My mom works at a preschool and she's really good friends with her co-teacher who has two daughters in college. She was cleaning out their rooms and found a bunch of old jewelery which she gave to my mom to see if or my sister or I wanted it. My little sister grabbed a bunch of the other stuff and then I spotted the ring. I was all "oooooh, claddagh!!" and my mom said "THAT'S a claddagh?" Apparently she thought that a claddagh was a Celtic knot, which has clear trinity imagery. I know for a fact that I told her exactly what it actually was but whatever. I have it, I own it and I'm wearing it on a chain around my wrist because I don't have a gold necklace. Hopefully I'll get a silver one from my BFF in August.
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:25 am

Fluffernutter wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:

Waiting ... all EARS!
My mom works at a preschool and she's really good friends with her co-teacher who has two daughters in college. She was cleaning out their rooms and found a bunch of old jewelery which she gave to my mom to see if or my sister or I wanted it. My little sister grabbed a bunch of the other stuff and then I spotted the ring. I was all "oooooh, claddagh!!" and my mom said "THAT'S a claddagh?" Apparently she thought that a claddagh was a Celtic knot, which has clear trinity imagery. I know for a fact that I told her exactly what it actually was but whatever. I have it, I own it and I'm wearing it on a chain around my wrist because I don't have a gold necklace. Hopefully I'll get a silver one from my BFF in August.
That's so cool. It's like you wished it hard enough it just had to happen! When we were talking about it before I was thinking that there was nothing about it that screamed Trinity/Christianity to me ... but imagery & significance can be really tricky things. (I know nothing about Celtic knot imagery either!)

Hopefully come August 7th you'll get a nice silver one to wear from your BFF! *fingers crossed and eyes scrunched tight*
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:15 pm

So there I was, supposed to be sleeping, but not. Then I look at the clock and it's 5:52. I wonder where Angel is these days? I've lost touch ... I don't even know what season they're in. So I click on the tube and hit my first favorite button ... my Angel button!

Wesley's in the driver's seat with Angel passed out next to him. Wesley's talking to someone standing by the car. It's Christine. That means ... Wesley's just pulled Angel up from the bottom of the sea.

Cut to Fred and Gunn talking about Connor. She's filled with hate for him. Then Wesley drags Angel in, bandage on his arm. We all remember what that's from! The two are giving Wes grief when he turns to leave and he says, "He needs blood. I'm fresh out." At least Gunn looks like he gets it.

Then they hear a clatter and go into the other room where Connor's been tied up. There's a fight and it looks like Connor's going to get away, when he looks around and there's Daddy blocking the door!

... I just have to stop and editorialize here. I don't know if it's just me changing what I like or that my likes are improving (make sense?) but David can really, really act! I like him all sweet and cuddly for obvious reasons, but when he gets his quietly fierce danger mojo going ... that's when my boy just seems to come into his own!

... okay, I'm back again!

Oh heck, you guys know how that scene ends. How was your summer? Fish ... girlfriend, hell-dimension for 100 years. Couple months is nothing. You deserved it. What I deserve ... What you did ... Did you ... Cordy? blah blah blah ... "Connor I love you, now get out of my house." And as soon as the kid's gone Angel collapses. How he ever had the strength to save the day in the first place is beyond me.

... so there you have where TNT is right now with Angel.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:04 am

Just a random trivia note...

Another of the foundation’s directors, film star Diane Keaton, will likely assume a public role in the sale of the house, which also has been used in episodes of television shows such as “Twin Peaks” and “Buffy the Vampire Slayer.”

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:58 pm

OHMYGOD!! that is my favourite house in the world! if i had $15 million i would snap that puppy up in a second...even though its falling apart...
I seriously have wanted to own that house since i was like 10....
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Twitter.com/IndiaGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:14 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

New buffy animated series....apparently whedon will be involved in this one.... anyone finds anything else on this post on here!!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Twitter.com/IndiaGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:33 pm

i_heart_bones wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

New buffy animated series....apparently whedon will be involved in this one.... anyone finds anything else on this post on here!!
I like that idea a whole lot more! And the point about the voiceovers is a good one!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by moonlightbones Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:57 am

OK, I seriously don't like the 5th season. I miss Cordelia. I hate Harmony. And Spike is making me want to throw something through the TV! LOL

Not to mention Lindsey is back. ARGH!
moonlightbones
moonlightbones
Agent
Agent

Say What You Want : - 'What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.' -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:40 am

moonlightbones wrote:OK, I seriously don't like the 5th season. I miss Cordelia. I hate Harmony. And Spike is making me want to throw something through the TV! LOL

I remember feeling that way too, but now I kinda do like the 5th season, and Spike even has a special place in my heart too, though not anywhere near Angel!

And BTW, while I was perusing Sky1's site this past week I came upon the results of a poll they had. Spike won out for favorite vampire, over Angel, Edward, and the others on currently on TV too! The Brits like him, a lot. And in one of the eastern european countries Spike even has his own postage stamp! That cracks me up!!

Keep it up though, Moonlight! You gotta get all the way through Season 5. No stopping now!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:11 pm

I love season 5...so much humor, and I think DB and JM have awesome chemistry! I mean, not THAT kind...lol. They play off each other so well...I loved it. But I suppose it's not for everyone.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by moonlightbones Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:22 pm

DBCrazy wrote:
moonlightbones wrote:OK, I seriously don't like the 5th season. I miss Cordelia. I hate Harmony. And Spike is making me want to throw something through the TV! LOL

I remember feeling that way too, but now I kinda do like the 5th season, and Spike even has a special place in my heart too, though not anywhere near Angel!

And BTW, while I was perusing Sky1's site this past week I came upon the results of a poll they had. Spike won out for favorite vampire, over Angel, Edward, and the others on currently on TV too! The Brits like him, a lot. And in one of the eastern european countries Spike even has his own postage stamp! That cracks me up!!

Keep it up though, Moonlight! You gotta get all the way through Season 5. No stopping now!

No way would Spike make my list of fav vamps. Hell, Barnabas Collins would be on there before Spike. LOL..

I'm devoted to watching the entire series. I just can't decide if buying Season 5 is gonna be worth it sinc e the only episode I'll probably watch (up until this point) is the ONE with Cordy.

and for those more familiar with the show...did Charisma make the choice to leave or did Joss just totally lose his focus by writing her out? Cause her leaving has made ZERO sense to me storyline wise.

And I did find it funny that TJ has been on a couple episodes this season...it's weird seeing him on there with David and not being a snarky squint.
moonlightbones
moonlightbones
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:32 pm

moonlightbones wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:

No way would Spike make my list of fav vamps. Hell, Barnabas Collins would be on there before Spike. LOL..

I'm devoted to watching the entire series. I just can't decide if buying Season 5 is gonna be worth it since the only episode I'll probably watch (up until this point) is the ONE with Cordy.

and for those more familiar with the show...did Charisma make the choice to leave or did Joss just totally lose his focus by writing her out? Cause her leaving has made ZERO sense to me storyline wise.

And I did find it funny that TJ has been on a couple episodes this season...it's weird seeing him on there with David and not being a snarky squint.
I'm glad you're committed! The part about writing CC out of the show is that she got pregnant! Didn't you kind of notice that she was packing a few more pounds when she got pregnant with Connor?! (That scene still creeps me out!!) And TJ is kind of a nice novelty at W&H - sans squint-speak or no.

And refresh my memory, have you watched the Buffy series - yes or no? Some of my affection for him might have started over there!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by moonlightbones Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:37 pm

Um..I am on season 4 or 5 of Buffy....when I don't have any Angel DVD's laying around from Season 5. I can't remember what happened last..I think Willow and Buffy and the gang were starting college or something.

I will say I haven't see Spike all that much on Buffy yet. Maybe he'll grow on me. But watching him and Angel have a pissing contest day in and day out is getting old really fast for me. LOL
moonlightbones
moonlightbones
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:58 pm

moonlightbones wrote:Um..I am on season 4 or 5 of Buffy....when I don't have any Angel DVD's laying around from Season 5. I can't remember what happened last..I think Willow and Buffy and the gang were starting college or something.

I will say I haven't see Spike all that much on Buffy yet. Maybe he'll grow on me. But watching him and Angel have a pissing contest day in and day out is getting old really fast for me. LOL
Spike and Drusilla were in Buffy early on. I think they appeared in Season 1, but were a little more prominent in Season 2 and 3. I believe Spike was pretty much a constant throughout the series, but I'm not terribly sure. I've only watched it through once.

Come to think of it, it's possible that Spike grew on me when I learned a little about James Marsters. He was a Shakespearean actor, and when he tried out for the part he was in a room full of others trying out and he jumped up on a table and started in with some Shakespeare something, then did something like taunt them with "if you can't do that, well ... the part is mine" (That's totally from my very imperfect recall, but it relays his spunk!) And another thing I read is that when he got the part as a recurring role the first thing he said to himself was ... "Okay, now try really hard not to turn into a total prick!" He's just kind of likeable to me, so it probably colors his character too!

Anyhoo ... Angel and Spike do have it out for each other, but there really are times, very, very rarely, when you see the connection they do have. (And then again, maybe that's all the Angel fic I used to read!)

Never mind me ... I don't know if I'm coming or going!!! TTFN!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next