Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buffy/Angel fans

+24
country2776
Nightowl
G
SJB
rexcat
katharine
jsgemini
crzy4bones
CanadianBones
yvettelgh
treble21
suck.it.up.buttercup91
Meegs82
THX1138
missdebra87
moonlightbones
i_heart_bones
Tan
DBCrazy
MoonlightGardenias
Zeddie
flyersfan35
lena152
Fluffernutter
28 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Buffy/Angel fans - Page 12 Empty Re: Buffy/Angel fans

Post by Fluffernutter Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:30 pm

You know what's so amusing? I am completely anti-Spuffy (we all know that I'm anti- C/A, but that's because I feel that they're better as friends. I am VIOLENTLY opposed to B/S because I think it was a terrible and abusive relationship) but James is one of my favorite cast members. In interviews he seems very sweet, talks about how hot David is and is a B/A fan. *squish!*
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5591
Location : 48% of day in school, 44% at home, 8% in transit between them
Say What You Want : Officially obsessed with fandom.
Registration date : 2008-06-16

http://fluffernutter8.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:02 pm

Fluffernutter wrote:You know what's so amusing? I am completely anti-Spuffy (we all know that I'm anti- C/A, but that's because I feel that they're better as friends. I am VIOLENTLY opposed to B/S because I think it was a terrible and abusive relationship) but James is one of my favorite cast members. In interviews he seems very sweet, talks about how hot David is and is a B/A fan. *squish!*
I agree 100 % with you. Spike brought a great dynamic to both shows, and JM is a great actor, too.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:30 pm

While we're here kinda singing the praises of James Marsters I thought I'd put a plug in for one of his upcoming gigs ...

He plays Buzz Aldrin in Moonshot, which documents the Apollo 11 mission that took astronauts to the moon for the first time. It's set to air on the History Channel on July 20, the 40th anniversary of the moon landing.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by moonlightbones Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:18 pm

DBCrazy wrote:
moonlightbones wrote:Um..I am on season 4 or 5 of Buffy....when I don't have any Angel DVD's laying around from Season 5. I can't remember what happened last..I think Willow and Buffy and the gang were starting college or something.

I will say I haven't see Spike all that much on Buffy yet. Maybe he'll grow on me. But watching him and Angel have a pissing contest day in and day out is getting old really fast for me. LOL
Spike and Drusilla were in Buffy early on. I think they appeared in Season 1, but were a little more prominent in Season 2 and 3. I believe Spike was pretty much a constant throughout the series, but I'm not terribly sure. I've only watched it through once.

Come to think of it, it's possible that Spike grew on me when I learned a little about James Marsters. He was a Shakespearean actor, and when he tried out for the part he was in a room full of others trying out and he jumped up on a table and started in with some Shakespeare something, then did something like taunt them with "if you can't do that, well ... the part is mine" (That's totally from my very imperfect recall, but it relays his spunk!) And another thing I read is that when he got the part as a recurring role the first thing he said to himself was ... "Okay, now try really hard not to turn into a total prick!" He's just kind of likeable to me, so it probably colors his character too!

Anyhoo ... Angel and Spike do have it out for each other, but there really are times, very, very rarely, when you see the connection they do have. (And then again, maybe that's all the Angel fic I used to read!)

Never mind me ... I don't know if I'm coming or going!!! TTFN!

I do recall them being on in the early seasons and I was glad when they left...but I can't remember if he's back yet where I left off. I've been too caught up in Angel to go back and watch Buffy once he left.

I do think James is a very good actor, don't get me wrong, I simply haven't seen anything remotely likeable about Spike. And I haven't seen him and Buffy together enough to know if I'll like them. Although I have a bunch of friends who live and die by that pairing. They think they were the be all, end all of the Buffy series. I'll find out eventually, I'm sure. I wanna get finished with Angel first though.

I've also decided that David could have chemistry with a dish rag. I love watching him play Booth and that's probably my favorite character he's done, but I LOVE the character of Angel so much. Brooding and all. Laughing
moonlightbones
moonlightbones
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 308
Say What You Want : - 'What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.' -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:24 pm

Oh Moonlight, I know there are very strong feelings on both sides of Buffy/Spike, but IMO you haven't lived smut until you've watched Buffy and Spike's first on-screen hookup!!!! Totally, totally, totally! (Season 6, but don't skip to it! No, no, no! No )

... and I'd be that dish rag ^^ you speak of!! Laughing bounce lol!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by moonlightbones Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:32 am

I think there are ALOT of folks more than willing to be that dish rag. lol! I'm too old or be right there with you! LOL

I'll keep in mind the Buffy/Spike scene when I get to season 6. Smile
moonlightbones
moonlightbones
Agent
Agent

Say What You Want : - 'What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.' -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:16 am

moonlightbones wrote:I think there are ALOT of folks more than willing to be that dish rag. lol! I'm too old or be right there with you! LOL

I'll keep in mind the Buffy/Spike scene when I get to season 6. Smile
Oh, don't let age stop you, honey. I got you beat by just a tad!! And besides, this is the Buffy/Angel thread, so really he's 2?? years old!!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by moonlightbones Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:47 pm

LOL Good point. I'm just a baby compared to that. Wink

I got ready to watch the 5th disc of season 5 yesterday and it wouldn't play! So I've reported it to Netflix and they're sending a replacement, but it'll be this week sometime before I get it in the mail. I'm so impatient!

But I am on the second disc of season 4 of Buffy now. I watched about 5 episodes yesterday.
moonlightbones
moonlightbones
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by moonlightbones Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Spike not being able to bite Willow and the ensuing conversation had me CRYING with laughter. Comic gold!
moonlightbones
moonlightbones
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:48 pm

moonlightbones wrote:Spike not being able to bite Willow and the ensuing conversation had me CRYING with laughter. Comic gold!
Yes, ladies and gentleman, you saw it here! The wall is beginning to crack, ever so slightly. Now it's just a matter of time ...

Very Happy
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:08 pm

We get an extra Angel on TNT this morning. I guess we're celebrating in high style today!!

It starts out with Drusilla walking in with her brand new childe William, and she introduces him to Angel! (Oh, I'd forgotten that introduction. Angel looks more than a little turned on, no doubt one of the scenes that fed into all that Angel/Spike slash.)
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:47 am

I was on youtube and this popped up. It's a Angel/Cordelia 'ship set to Halo!

DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:47 am

And here's another! This one's in color and easier to see! (I know. I know. I shouldn't be posting this heresy here, but sometimes you just have to indulge yourself!)

DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:58 am

Haha, it's okay sherry. You can post them if you want to...but I'm not watching them, ugh! lol
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:14 am

flyersfan35 wrote:Haha, it's okay sherry. You can post them if you want to...but I'm not watching them, ugh! lol
Hehe!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by moonlightbones Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:42 pm

DBCrazy wrote:And here's another! This one's in color and easier to see! (I know. I know. I shouldn't be posting this heresy here, but sometimes you just have to indulge yourself!)

That's ok, I'll watch!!!

I watched one of the episodes of Buffy last night where Angel came back for one reason or another. Guess my view is all skewed now but I was thinking the whole time, "Cordy was so much better for him than Buffy." LOL...
moonlightbones
moonlightbones
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:05 am

moonlightbones wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:And here's another! This one's in color and easier to see! (I know. I know. I shouldn't be posting this heresy here, but sometimes you just have to indulge yourself!)

That's ok, I'll watch!!!

I watched one of the episodes of Buffy last night where Angel came back for one reason or another. Guess my view is all skewed now but I was thinking the whole time, "Cordy was so much better for him than Buffy." LOL...
LOL!

You know, moonlight, I had a small revelation about this yesterday. I know this 'ship bugs people, and I understand ... Buffy/Angel. Got it. But I always bow my head a little when someone else acts like it's some sort of sacrilege. But there's no need, we should carry our head high! We didn't pretend this whole thing, it's canon! They never had each other more than a few kisses, a spell, and a dream, but they wanted it, they wanted it pretty bad! And in the land of fanfic, that makes you as legitimate as a kid the spittin' image of his father born 3 years into the wedding!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by moonlightbones Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:57 am

I'd like to think that even back when the show originally aired there were Cordelia and Angel fans...weren't there? I mean not everyone who loved the show always wanted him with Buffy did they? Cause most of the folks I know that liked Angel/Buffy also like Buffy/Spike. So does Cordelia not deserve to be happy too? LOL
moonlightbones
moonlightbones
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:57 am

moonlightbones wrote:I'd like to think that even back when the show originally aired there were Cordelia and Angel fans...weren't there? I mean not everyone who loved the show always wanted him with Buffy did they? Cause most of the folks I know that liked Angel/Buffy also like Buffy/Spike. So does Cordelia not deserve to be happy too? LOL
I am proud to be a Buffy/Angel shipper but violently anti Buffy/Spike. I think it's true that not everyone wanted him with Buffy during ATS S1- some people hated them as a couple during BTVS and some people hated Buffy herself (which I totally can't understand. If you're going to watch a show called Buffy the Vampire Slayer, chances are that the character named Buffy is going to show up in basically every episode and if you grind your teeth every time she comes on screen, you might want to pick a different show, no matter how much you love Willow or Spike or Tara) but most people didn't see Angel and Cordy as anything more than close coworkers. Also, at that point she hadn't gone through the "transformation" (I'm sorry! My inner Buffy/Angel shipper made me add those quotation marks!!!) (Razz -Fluff's inner B/A shipper) that made the Cordy/Angel ship really viable to take off. From old fanfic archives, I know that the B/A shippers were worried that Angel would be paired with Kate (which I can actually see the writers doing) or Jheirra (total SP??) that weird alien woman from She (my least favorite episode from that season) which doesn't seem probable.
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5591
Location : 48% of day in school, 44% at home, 8% in transit between them
Say What You Want : Officially obsessed with fandom.
Registration date : 2008-06-16

http://fluffernutter8.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by moonlightbones Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:18 pm

That makes sense...I thought they were planning to pair him with Kate too in the beginning. I didn't hate her, but she and Angel just didn't click as a 'couple' for me. Of course I HATED Cordelia in the early seasons of Buffy, but when she got away to LA and started hanging out with Angel and Doyle (and later on Wesley, Gunn and Fred), she matured and became a really great character.

I haven't really hated Buffy so far, I just didn't like her with Angel. I'm not at the Buffy/Spike stuff yet but I really don't like him much yet either. Although he has given me some good moments of laughing my behind off. I don't know how I'll feel about him with Buffy, but I'm going in with an open mind. I can say without a doubt that I like the Angel series much much better than the Buffy one...but then I think David plays a huge role in that.

elfhat
moonlightbones
moonlightbones
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:51 pm

I just stumbled across this, bit old, but its a pic of Alyson hannigan and Alexis denisof with their little baby so cute..

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:12 pm

i_heart_bones wrote:I just stumbled across this, bit old, but its a pic of Alyson hannigan and Alexis denisof with their little baby so cute..

Aww....how cute!
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:00 pm

Oh, they are cute!

I see that Angel is wrapping another run through of its seasons this morning. Angel just showed up behind the Hyperion and sees Spike. Now Gunn runs up. Illyria just dropped in, telling them about Wes. Here come the creatures.

Well, personally. I kind of want to slay the dragon.

Let's go to work.

Executive Producer
Joss Whedon
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by moonlightbones Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:09 am

i_heart_bones wrote:I just stumbled across this, bit old, but its a pic of Alyson hannigan and Alexis denisof with their little baby so cute..

That's been her Twitter icon for a while. But then she hasn't tweeted much latrely so she could have changed it by now. LOL Such a cute picture though. Smile
moonlightbones
moonlightbones
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:03 pm

I just googled Buffy the Vampire Slayer to see what kind of stuff would come up. This was kind of different. The skates that Buffy wore in an episode are up for auction! Remember the season 2 episode when she goes skating with Angel!?

Here's the article:

Here it is on [Only admins are allowed to see this link]. Just so you know, the Buy It Now price is $2,799!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next