Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

+5
ForensicMama
ToZiKa
Meegs82
missdebra87
willgirl
9 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year - Page 4 Empty Re: It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Post by ForensicMama Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:29 pm

That was good and sweet and sad! Great job! I can't wait for tomorrow's edition!
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year - Page 4 Empty Re: It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Post by missdebra87 Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:32 pm

If at all possible, listening to the song made this even more heartbreaking. Very sad. I loved it though. The last line was so sad.

I'll be sad when it's Christmas, just because we won't be getting daily one-shots.

Great job!
missdebra87
missdebra87
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16433
Say What You Want : Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, Teacher Certification, Departmental Recognition, Magna Cum Laude
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:00 pm

I'm late in getting caught up and I have only read the Parade one and I LOVED IT!!!!! Soooo sweet and just absolutely perfect...could totally see it happen on the show! P.S. I wish it would! Smile
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:09 pm

Baby It's Cold Outside was perfectly sexy. Any steamier and the mood might have been weird. Fabulous!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:11 pm

What a sad, but very well written flashback to Brennan's foster years. It was perfect as well.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:42 pm

that was sooo sad.....

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:55 am

A/N: Ummm.....hi. I'm back. *hangs head in shame*. I'm SO sorry that I didn't get to do one of these yesterday. I know I'm behind by like five, but I'm planning on writing another one tonight, so you will get two in one day! This once a day thing is harder than I thought! Anyway, I hope you enjoy this!

O Christmas Tree

“Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...LA LA LA LA LA LA LA”

Booth and Brennan chuckled as they listened to Parker.

“He doesn’t know the rest of the words.” Booth said sheepishly. Which is why they heard the first two lines over and over again since they got to the tree farm.

She smiled back and they continued to tromp through the snow, looking for the perfect tree. She wasn’t expecting to spend time with them today but Booth informed her that picking out a Christmas tree at Christmas was a part of her girlfriendly duties.

Who knew there were so many?

She squeezed his hand and when he looked over, she gave him a smile. Their newfound relationship was interesting to say the least. Booth flipped back and forth from cocky and self assured to nervous. He was always giving her choices, options for each step of their relationship. But some things just had to be done, and that included Christmas.

He had sat down with her last week and patiently explained that for him, Christmas was something special. A time to share with family and friends. In the past few years, he hadn’t been able to get home to his family and sometimes he didn’t have Parker, so he often spent it alone. One of the things he wanted to do, now that they were together, was to spend Christmas together.

He looked so sincere that she nodded yes before she realized and a smile almost split his face in two. Of course, this was before he found out he was getting Parker for Christmas and now she felt unsure about joining in.

She looked at the rows and rows of trees and wondered exactly what plan the Booth boys had in mind while picking out the tree. They were a long way from the entrance to the tree farm, and she was unsure about how they were going to get it back.

“Whatcha thinking about?” Booth asked.

“Who’s carrying the tree back.” She replied.

He laughed. “They have a horse drawn cart that comes by every so often so you can load your tree if you aren’t inclined about carrying it back yourself.”

“So what are we looking for, exactly? Because I saw a lot of trees that would fit in your apartment just fine.”

“Actually, we aren’t looking for anything. It’s all Parker. We come here every year and he runs around looking for a tree, taking about an hour to find the right one. Then we load it up and head back for some hot apple cider and cookies at the farmhouse.”

“He just picks a tree and you cut it down?”

“Well, there are a few rules. It can’t be too tall or we won’t be able to get it in the house. I’m definitely excited that you are here this year. Trying to get a tree in the apartment by yourself is huge pain.”

“So that’s why I’m here? A tree labourer?” she teased.

He pulled her closer.

“Don’t worry, you are here for much more than that.” He replied, pressing a kiss to her cheek.

“Your lips are cold.”

“My everything is cold.” He replied. “How about warming me up?”

She tilted her head and cocked an eyebrow. “We are with your son, Booth.”

“Don’t worry, he’s not looking.” He swooped in for a kiss.

“Dad! Bones!”

They pulled apart, and began to laugh.

“ Busted.” Booth chuckled. “Come on.”

They made their way through the snow, around a little bend where Parker was. It appeared they reached the end of the tree farm. There were only a few trees left, and they were all too big.

“These are too big, bub. We should...”

“Not these ones dad. That one.” Parker said, pointing off to the left.

There was a small tree, no bigger than four or five feet tall. It stood all alone, in a little field area, several feet away from the other trees.

“That’s a little small Park.”

“Please, can we get it Dad? All the ornaments will fit on it, I promise. It’s got lots of branches!”

It was true, it did. But this wasn’t the majestic tree Booth thought would be displayed in their living room.

“Well, if this is the one you like, then I will go get it.”

Booth tromped over to the tree and began cutting it down with the axe that he brought. It didn’t take long, and soon they were making their way back to the farmhouse. Booth tied the tree to the roof and then made his way inside, where Brennan and Parker were having cider and cookies.

“When we get home, we can decorate it, right Dad?” Parker asked, as he sat down.

“Right.” He replied, taking a sip of the cider that Brennan got for him.

“Parker...” Brennan began, “Can I ask why you picked that tree instead of all the others?”

Parker nodded emphatically.

“I was looking for a good tree and then I saw that one and it was all by itself. It looked sad standing there by itself and Daddy says that no one should be alone at Christmas, right Dad?”

Booth could only nod.

“And so...” Parker continued. “I decided that it should come home with us and spend Christmas with us.”

Brennan and Booth smiled, both thinking of how the Christmases of the past were spent alone.

“That’s a very nice idea, Parker.” Brennan said, leaning over and giving the little boy a hug.

“Yes, it was.” Booth echoed.

“Can we go decorate now?” Parker asked, bouncing up and down in his seat.

Booth nodded and they made their way out of the farmhouse and to the car, Parker skipping ahead.

Brennan let out a soft chuckle.

“What?” he asked.

“I was just thinking...like father, like son.”

A/N: I heart Parker. And I love the smell of real Christmas trees, even though I haven't had a real one in a long time. Do you go artificial or real when it comes to the tree?
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:29 am

if we have any tree at all we have a artificial one.....no needles to be stuck in your toes.....
oh and btw of course I liked this story....but what about the second one you wanted to write?
just kidding....I can wait

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by missdebra87 Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:26 pm

Aww, Parker is adorable. Cute story
missdebra87
missdebra87
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, Teacher Certification, Departmental Recognition, Magna Cum Laude

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:57 pm

A/N: Here's the next one! I hope you all enjoy and thank you for all the reviews.

Have a Holly Jolly Christmas

“Are we going to do this all in one day?” Brennan asked, looking warily at the big list.

“C’mon.” Booth cajoled. “It won’t take long. I’ll buy you a hot chocolate later.”

She had to laugh at the way he waggled his eyebrows and after taking another look at the list, she followed him into the mall.

She soon discovered that she had a very methodical way of shopping whereas Booth just liked going into the first store he saw. It was odd, really, because she had heard from Angela that girls like to browse whereas guys just went straight for what they wanted and left.

‘Quite the role reversal.’ She thought, chuckling softly.

“C’mon Bones, let’s go in this store.” Booth said, pulling at her arm.

Her brow furrowed. “But we don’t need anything in this store.”

He rolled her eyes and dragged her in where she realized that he was intent on looking at big electronic equipment that he really had no purpose for. After arguing about how big of a television was really necessary in life, they headed out of the store and on to the next, finally crossing Cam off their list of presents to buy.

When they got to the list of Parker’s toys, she raised her eyebrows. “We are getting him all of this?”

Booth ignored the fact that his girlfriend said ‘we’ (despite the fact that it made him feel quite elated) and moved closer to explain the colour coded list.

“The stuff in blue we are giving him, the stuff in red Rebecca’s giving him.”

“Isn’t that a lot of presents?”

“Some of this is small, for his stocking from Santa. There’s only a few big presents. So you feel ready to brave the toy store?”

She nodded and they made their way up the escalator to the store. As soon as they stepped inside, she was overwhelmed by the noise. There were kids running everywhere, and harried parents with carts full of toys.

“Do you think using your FBI badge can help us through this?” she asked Booth.

He chuckled. “Unfortunately not, Bones. Let’s go.”

He grabbed a cart and they made their way down the aisles. Brennan was glad that Booth was with her. Frankly she did wouldn’t know where to begin. There were so many toys and she didn’t know any of the names. She didn’t even recognize what Booth was throwing into the cart.

After fifteen minutes in the store (and they hadn’t even hit all the sections yet), she was definitely beginning to feel overwhelmed and out of her element. That is until she saw something catch her eye and she was off.

Booth grabbed the Batman action figure from the shelf and turned around to show it to Brennan. Unfortunately, she was nowhere to be found. He pushed the cart down the aisles, until he came across her, staring in wonder at something on the shelf.

“Booth.” She said, noticing him. “Can we get him this?”

He looked to where she was pointing and a saw a beginner’s science kit. Of course. He pushed the cart closer to take a look.

“That’s pretty expensive.” He commented, pointing at the price tag.

She glanced down at the price and then up again at the kit. She couldn’t believe they made stuff like this. If she had this when she was a kid, she would have been thrilled.

“I’ll pay for it.” She said, resolutely. “I want to get Parker this. I think he will like it and it’s educational.”

He looked at her face and immediately caved. “Put it in the cart.”

“Yes.” She said, pumping her fist in the air.

He burst into laughter, at the uncharacteristic move. “Where did you learn that?”

“Parker taught me.” She said, shrugging.

He reached for her hand, stopping her from pushing the cart further.

“Listen, Bones, I just wanted to say thank you.”

“For what?”

“For caring about Parker and buying him a present...”

“Of course I care about him, he’s a great kid.”

“Yes, but...” He struggled with how to explain his thoughts. “When you date me, Parker comes as part of the territory. And I know that can be overwhelming so...”

“Booth.” She interrupted. “Out of all the things happening in our relationship, Parker is the least overwhelming, I promise.” She leaned close and pressed a kiss to his cheek.

“So can I get my hot chocolate now?” she asked, as they continued through the store.

“We aren’t even halfway down our list.”

“Please?” she asked, giving a soft pout that she knew drove him crazy.

He sighed and rolled his eyes. “Fine. Let’s go pay for this.”

She smiled and they headed off to the cash register.

At least they got some shopping done.

A/N: Geez, even when Parker's not in the story, he manages to make it cute! I just got bombarded with a couple of ideas, so hopefully there will be two tommorrow! I will try my hardest!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by missdebra87 Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:04 pm

I knew there was a reason for staying up... I liked it, Will! Definately a good one. Toy shopping during the holiday season is very hectic...
missdebra87
missdebra87
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:22 pm

OH that was just adorable! Very Happy Can't wait for tomorrow as always! Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:22 pm

WOAH MAMA! I just realized I've been promoted to "Therapist"... Sigh, I miss Cam, though. But yay for Sweets! Wink
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:42 am

you're right willi.....even just talking about Parker makes a story a whole lot cuter
I still love the stories
can't wait for more!

and congrats Mama!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:51 am

Will, these are so sweet. I love these Christmas stories. I've been so busy this year that this is by far my stable connection to the season - that and these boney Santas and snowflakes on the margins! Thanks!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:09 am

And here is the one that I was looking for all along. This was kind of a Christmas advent calendar of sorts for us last year. This is by our illustrious founder willgirl!!

Merry Christmas, everybody!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:37 pm

I read these last year, and they're just as good again this year, Will. I'll Be Home for Christmas got me all choked up again! Angst and Christmas are a powerful combination.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:44 am

Ooh, the Booth family secret french toast recipe! ^^ That's a Christmas present in itself!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:29 am

Here's some links to help you find your way through these Christmas stories!

Ho ho ho!!
santa
Merry Christmas!

#1 - [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

#2 - [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

#3 - [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

#4 - [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

#5 - [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

#6 - [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

#7 - [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

#8 - [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

#9 - [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

#10 - [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

#11 - [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

#12 - [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

#13 - [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

#14 - [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

#15 - [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:36 pm

i so forgot about all of these.....(forgive me willi).......of course they were all wonderfully fluffy.......i really miss you and hart and all the angst you two put out there.......*furrowed eyebrows*..*thinks to self*....did i just say i missed the angst??? what in the name of booth is wrong with me.......ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 35708

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:48 pm

Away in the Manger was great all over again, willi!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:08 am

I just love the "O Christmas Tree" story. Parker's line harkens to Max's line in "The Goop on the Girl"! So sweet, willi.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:31 am

I didn't even realize I had reviews for these! Thanks girls!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4