Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This time last year...

+20
Beliskner
dawnsfire
THX1138
gordongordonfan
future_anthro
bailey
Fi1975
Murphs93
mereva
bones_fanatic19
MI_Bonesgirl
katharine
Kamera
joybrennan
Brain&Heart
crzy4bones
dreamerktm411
treble21
tinkrella
SocksNTies
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

This time last year... Empty This time last year...

Post by SocksNTies Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:55 am

...we already had sides for several episodes for the next season. I wonder if HH and team are just taking a really long break before they start writing again or if they have found a more covert way to release the sides to casting agencies without the general public finding out about it.

SocksNTies
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

This time last year... Empty Re: This time last year...

Post by tinkrella Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:10 am

Didn't he say he already had the first few scripts written? Or did they just have the ideas? When do they start filming again? Early July, right?

i don't want the sides. I'm too nervous about who will pop up in them!

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:14 am

SocksNTies wrote:...we already had sides for several episodes for the next season. I wonder if HH and team are just taking a really long break before they start writing again or if they have found a more covert way to release the sides to casting agencies without the general public finding out about it.

did we really have sides this early ? I don't remember seeing sides until just before they started filming last year.

edited to say: The sides for Harbingers were posted on June 30, 2009, and The bond in the boot sides were posted on July 10, 2009.... So I would imagine the sides for the premier will show up in a couple of weeks and then next episode about 2 weeks after that.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:19 am

Also I'm gonna attempt not to read them this year... lets see how long that lasts LOL
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamerktm411 Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:50 am

treble21 wrote:
SocksNTies wrote:...we already had sides for several episodes for the next season. I wonder if HH and team are just taking a really long break before they start writing again or if they have found a more covert way to release the sides to casting agencies without the general public finding out about it.

did we really have sides this early ? I don't remember seeing sides until just before they started filming last year.

edited to say: The sides for Harbingers were posted on June 30, 2009, and The bond in the boot sides were posted on July 10, 2009.... So I would imagine the sides for the premier will show up in a couple of weeks and then next episode about 2 weeks after that.

I'm so excited... and nervous!!!
We probably won't get any of the important scenes (as usual) but I bet it'll tell us if they are in fact back in DC and if anything major happened. Plus, if there are significant others (*cringes*) they would be a part of the casting sides.
dreamerktm411
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1255
Say What You Want : "I hope you find something that just changes the entire notion of what it means to be human."
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:38 pm

I think he said that they had 6 scripts done before they took their break. And today was the writers first day back and they start filming mid-July.

I'm torn as to whether I want to go the spoiler route.

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Brain&Heart Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:47 pm

ummm what are sides?
i have read here and in other threads when people mention sides but i really have no idea what they are...
Brain&Heart
Brain&Heart
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2010-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:44 pm

Brain&Heart wrote:ummm what are sides?
i have read here and in other threads when people mention sides but i really have no idea what they are...
Sides are small portions of the script that are used by casting agents to cast the non-reoccuring roles, and initial guest stars. Like last year, one of the sides was the opening for harbringers which guest starred Cindi Lauper. You sometimes get little bits of info about what's going to happen in the episode, but it's out of context and is more likely to drive you nuts...which is why I am now at times truly crazy. Laughing
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamera Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:36 pm

There are sides!!!! WHERE?! Shocked
Kamera
Kamera
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 68
Say What You Want : Bones, Bones, Bones, Bones, Uh...and Bones GO B&B
Registration date : 2010-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:52 pm

Hart tweeted today a photo of all of the writers in his backyard, planning the last 2/3 of the season. I think someone should have
paid for a skywriter to say - "No SO's, no tricks, no inuendos, just B&B together at last. That's the last 2/3 of your season".

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Brain&Heart Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:24 pm

katharine wrote:Hart tweeted today a photo of all of the writers in his backyard, planning the last 2/3 of the season. I think someone should have
paid for a skywriter to say - "No SO's, no tricks, no inuendos, just B&B together at last. That's the last 2/3 of your season".

hahaha i'd donate money for that!
Brain&Heart
Brain&Heart
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brain&Heart Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:28 pm

joybrennan wrote:
Sides are small portions of the script that are used by casting agents to cast the non-reoccuring roles, and initial guest stars. Like last year, one of the sides was the opening for harbringers which guest starred Cindi Lauper. You sometimes get little bits of info about what's going to happen in the episode, but it's out of context and is more likely to drive you nuts...which is why I am now at times truly crazy. Laughing

Thanx for letting me know Smile

Ooohh they do sound like like they would make you crazy.... and very tempting to see, i think i will be one of those that wont be able to resist, even though i say i want to be spoiler free... i dont think that will be happening! lol
Brain&Heart
Brain&Heart
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:21 pm

I'm scared to death about the season opener.. Sides should be out in roughly 2 weeks. I want to know what to expect-but at the same time-I don't wanna know... pale
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by bones_fanatic19 Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:23 pm

I really want to stay away from spoilers this season but they are so damn tempting....
bones_fanatic19
bones_fanatic19
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1112
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:26 am

Brain&Heart wrote:
katharine wrote:Hart tweeted today a photo of all of the writers in his backyard, planning the last 2/3 of the season. I think someone should have

hahaha i'd donate money for that!
I'm in. What's the bank account? Razz
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Murphs93 Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:28 am

I can't not read sides. The reason I started coming on forums was for spoilers!

I have a question, I've only ever read Bones sides but I always used to look for House spoilers and never came across any casting sides. Does anyone know why that is/if they exist?

Murphs93
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 133
Say What You Want : Me: It's the 100th episode tomorrow.
Mum: What is it a special murder or something?
Me: I don't watch it for the cases mother!

I am secretly Naomi from paleontology.
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Fi1975 Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:34 am

As much as I want to be strong and resist the sides, I know I can't, especially for the premiere. I'm far to desperate to get a hint about how the B&B reunion goes, if either of them has a SO, etc....

I'm hoping we'll get some info soon. I've read they go back to work mid-July, so I assume that's when they start filming. If that's the case, I would imagine we'd get some sides within the next couple of weeks.

Fi1975
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 51
Say What You Want : Fail to prepare, prepare to fail!
Registration date : 2009-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamerktm411 Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:42 am

Yeah, I know it's confusing. Smile
Casting sides are pages of the episode scripts that are released many weeks before an episode comes out in order to cast actors.
For example, you need to cast "Bob" a murder suspect in an episode. So, you release all the pages of the script where "Bob" appears so that an actor can practice for auditioning that role.
For fans, it's great because it gives us a sneak preview of what's coming up!!!!
dreamerktm411
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1255
Say What You Want : "I hope you find something that just changes the entire notion of what it means to be human."
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:34 am

Murphs93 wrote:I can't not read sides. The reason I started coming on forums was for spoilers!

I have a question, I've only ever read Bones sides but I always used to look for House spoilers and never came across any casting sides. Does anyone know why that is/if they exist?
If there aren't any sides out it's because no one is leaking them. Sides are standard for tv and film. Spoilers are as much a publicity as anything else. Some shows let sides float about, some don't. Wink
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:43 am

If the S/O is a big deal enough to have a guest spot I wonder if we will even get sides for him/her or if they will just cast that person separately? I know on other shows, for guest stars you don't always get the sides for them because they already cast that part. Let's just pray it's not even that big of a deal. I sort of have a feeling the S/O wont be someone they come home with, but whoever replaced them at the lab or FBI building while they were away. But, that's just me.

I'm on the fence about sides and spoilers all together too. On one hand....the sides aren't even that big of a deal because the pieces we get are usually so small that it makes no real difference. On the other, they do have a tendency to get everyone panicking (on the rare occasion they do reveal something bigger) and then it becomes not so much fun to even watch the episode. So....I don't know.

I think the problem I have with spoilers is that they get my expectation too high. I went into the premier of last season blind with no info other than cyndi lauper was gonna be there and booth wouldn't forget brennan all together. It really helped me enjoy the episode because I wasn't expecting some big thing you know?

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:41 pm

tinkrella wrote:

I'm on the fence about sides and spoilers all together too. On one hand....the sides aren't even that big of a deal because the pieces we get are usually so small that it makes no real difference. On the other, they do have a tendency to get everyone panicking (on the rare occasion they do reveal something bigger) and then it becomes not so much fun to even watch the episode. So....I don't know.

I think the problem I have with spoilers is that they get my expectation too high.

So true. And the sides are so controlled, they know exactly what they're leaking and what they're not. Give us just enough to cause trouble and make sure to leave out all the stuff that would calm everyone down.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:52 pm

tinkrella wrote:If the S/O is a big deal enough to have a guest spot I wonder if we will even get sides for him/her or if they will just cast that person separately? I know on other shows, for guest stars you don't always get the sides for them because they already cast that part. Let's just pray it's not even that big of a deal. I sort of have a feeling the S/O wont be someone they come home with, but whoever replaced them at the lab or FBI building while they were away. But, that's just me.

I think the problem I have with spoilers is that they get my expectation too high. I went into the premier of last season blind with no info other than cyndi lauper was gonna be there and booth wouldn't forget brennan all together. It really helped me enjoy the episode because I wasn't expecting some big thing you know?

You know, I've been to try and think positively...So....forget waiting for sides - say it with me now: NO SOBS! Laughing Laughing Laughing
I'm gonna go with B&B get back, meet at the fountain and Brennan goes - I love you, I want to try a relationship with you, but I don't want to work for the FBI anymore, because it's just too complicated. Booth agrees, they kiss...and Booth spends the rest of the episode dragging a reluctant Brennan into case. She is NOT happy about it. New conflict, but at least they'd be TRYING. Hey, it could happen! Razz Send out the message to the universe and HH's consciousness - NO SOBS! Very Happy
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:39 pm

I rarely ever read the sides. I'm okay with spoilers (cause i'm no one who over thinks them at all) but i don't want to read parts of the script. That probably makes no sense... i like spoilers, but with out the detail that sometimes comes with being part of the script? I think i still failed to make sense...
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:42 pm

tinkrella wrote:If the S/O is a big deal enough to have a guest spot I wonder if we will even get sides for him/her or if they will just cast that person separately? I know on other shows, for guest stars you don't always get the sides for them because they already cast that part. Let's just pray it's not even that big of a deal. I sort of have a feeling the S/O wont be someone they come home with, but whoever replaced them at the lab or FBI building while they were away. But, that's just me.

I completely agree! I think spoiler do lead people (including myself at times) to expect HUGE HUGE things... and then even if something really great happens it can never live up to the "hype", ya know? I'll probably still look at spoilers, at least for the opener, but I'm thinking about whether to lay off the spoilers at some point. (I know I won't go "spoiler free [Only admins are allowed to see this image] , but I can go "Spoiler lite" maybe? Doesn't have quite the aftertaste! LOL)
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:24 pm

yes...spoiler lite is the way to go I think. Personally, I think it's impossible to go spoiler free...after all, previews and commercials are everywhere...even in the middle of NASCAR races. it's not a safe world out there. LOL!

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum