Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

+5
ForensicMama
ToZiKa
Meegs82
missdebra87
willgirl
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year Empty It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Post by willgirl Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:44 am

25 oneshots in 25 days, all spreading Christmas Cheer! WARNING: May contain extreme fluffiness and possible mentions of figgy pudding.

A/N: So I haven't been writing much of late so I issued a challenge for myself. 25 oneshots in 25 days, all Christmas related. Most will be fluffy, a few will be angsty but all will be in the spirit of Christmas. Here's the first, I hope you enjoy!

All I Want for Christmas is You

It was snowing outside. Hard.

Which made it completely illogical for her to be running in her three inch heel boots down the street. She had already wiped out twice and was sure she bruised something. But she was determined, and when Temperance Brennan was determined about something she followed through.

She could barely see in front of her and yet she instinctively knew where she was going. After all, she knew the way to her partner’s house as if it was her own. She knew he would be there with Parker celebrating Christmas and while she wasn’t sure she should interrupt, she knew she had to tell him.

Suddenly, she found herself flat on her back, looking up at what appeared to be a man with a beard who looked suspiciously....jolly.

“I’m so sorry.” He exclaimed, helping her to her feet. “This weather is atrocious today. Last night, the reindeers had a hell of a time trying to navigate...”

She shook her head and blinked several times. Maybe she was concussed.

“Sorry, I’ve got to go.”

“You’re Temperance Brennan, right?”

She groaned. Another excited fan wanting to talk to her. “Yes, I am, but...”

“Go get him.” The man smiled and gave a soft chuckle.

“What...I...who?”

“Your partner.” The man said plainly.

“You know Booth?” she said weakly, confused to the sudden turn of events.

“Oh, Booth’s been in my good books for quite some time.” He said, letting out another chuckle. “Now you go get him and don’t be scared.”

She blinked again and turned to leave. She turned around to ask him how he knew Booth and the man was gone. Shaking her head, she continued to make her way down the street. She made it about six feet before she stopped to let a man carrying a large Christmas tree go by.

“What’s next? Reindeer?” she muttered to herself. Sure enough, right behind the man with the tree was a woman carrying a little dog in her arms. The dog had small reindeer antlers on its head.

“What’s next? A sleigh?” she said, out loud, looking around. Unfortunately, that wish wasn’t to be granted and she continued down the street.

She continued to run as fast as she could (which wasn’t very fast at all in her boots), desperate to get to Booth’s house.

She remembered how once Angela told her that she would catch up to her own reality. Well, this morning she did in a big way. The realization that she was in love with Booth smacked her on the face and she decided to do something about it.

Of course, running from the lab to his apartment probably wasn’t the best way to go about it, but after her car wouldn’t start, she had no choice. A sense of urgency gripped her heart and she continued down the street. What if he found someone else? What if she was too late?

Her boots slid on a patch of ice and her arms flailed wildly. She managed to stay upright though and looking around, she realized she was on Booth’s street. How did she get here so fast?

She walked a bit slower this time, her eyes on the apartment numbers until she reached Booth’s building. Her heart began to pound rapidly. Maybe this was a bad idea? Maybe....

She tumbled forward as someone shoved her from behind. She turned to give them a piece of her mind and realized that no one was there.

‘I’m going crazy.’ She thought to herself as she made her way up the steps.

Finally, after climbing three flights of stairs (since the elevator was apparently broken) she made it to his apartment.

Her body was shaking and it wasn’t from the cold. She was about to change their friendship and partnership irrevocably. She steeled herself and took a deep breath. She could do this.

Lifting her hand, she knocked several times as she the words she was going to say ran over and over in her head.

The door opened and there he was and suddenly, everything she wanted to say got tossed out the window only to be replaced with crazy babbling.

“Hey Bo...”

“Booth, hi. I know its Christmas and I know you’re busy with Parker but I needed to tell you....I mean I wanted to tell you....I love you. I’m in love with you and I just figured it out this morning and I don’t want you to date anyone else ever, I want it to be me and...”

She trailed off as she glanced over his shoulder, only to see several of his family members standing and staring at her.

Her mouth opened and then closed again and she emitted an undignified squeak. She began backing up, shaking her head slightly as she could feel heat rise to her cheeks.

“Wait.”

She felt his hand on her arm and she lifted her head to meet his smiling face.

“Merry Christmas.”

She nodded numbly and turned to leave, only to feel herself being pulled towards him.

“And I love you too.”

Then his lips were on hers and she was instantly warm. Her hands made their way around his neck of their own volition and soon she was tucked into his embrace. They finally parted, a grin on both their lips.

“So do you want to meet my family properly?”

She blushed again. “Sure.”

He reached for her hand and led her inside the apartment. And she knew whatever happened between them, nothing could stop this from being the best Christmas ever.
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year Empty Re: It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Post by missdebra87 Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:48 pm

aww, fluffy goodness... how embarrassing for her. Sounds like something I would do. Can't wait to read the next 24!
missdebra87
missdebra87
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16433
Say What You Want : Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, Teacher Certification, Departmental Recognition, Magna Cum Laude
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year Empty Re: It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Post by Meegs82 Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:52 pm

Fab, Will! That was just pure fun and fluff! What a great idea, I'll be awaiting the next 24.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:38 am

very fluffy.....
and did she really meet santa clause?
can't believe she told him in front if his whole family.....she really wasn't thinking clearly.....

can't wait for #2!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:52 am

Oh I looooooooooved it!!! Very Happy What a wonderful idea! Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VentiGirl Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:51 am

loved the fluff, good luck with your challenge
VentiGirl
VentiGirl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:32 pm

A/N: Here's the next story! I had fully anticipated it to be another fluffy one but I didn't quite get it done in time. Expect that tomorrow. This is angsty, just so you know. Oh, and in my excitement to post yesterday, I forgot to mention: Each oneshot is inspired by a song. Today's is 'I'll Be Home for Christmas' which I think is the saddest Christmas song I know.

And a big shout out to everyone who reviewed. It definitely brightened my day! And Happy Birthday to A2b!

I’ll Be Home for Christmas

The lights on the tree twinkled, creating shadows on the walls. The brightly wrapped presents were under the tree, some better decorated then others. A lopsided gingerbread house stood on one table, the by-product of an afternoon of fun.

Mistletoe hung in several places and the room smelled of cinnamon and cloves. And not only this room, but the whole house. There were handmade decorations on the tree, lights around the window, and the smell of baking in the kitchen...

It was two days before Christmas after all.

There had been a lot of preparation for this year’s Christmas, as it was different than the others. The occupants of this house had each celebrated Christmas in the past, but never together, never like this. There was a man, a woman and a young boy. There was a baby as well, but that was not known to any of them yet.

The woman didn’t like Christmas too much, but was getting into to the spirit of things, cajoled by her partner and his son. Now that she was part of a family, his family to be exact, she could see the magic of it. Of course, he had to hang up mistletoe everywhere to prove his point.

The first Christmas they had spent together was stuck inside the lab, dealing with a supposed virus that quarantined them. The second she spent in a conjugal trailer with her imprisoned father and brother while he and his son waved from outside with a Christmas tree just for them.

Last Christmas they didn’t spend the day together, although he did show up a few days earlier, bearing a tree just for her. That’s when she kissed him.

And then there was this Christmas, their first Christmas together.

Yet, the room was empty. Where Christmas cheer was supposed to be, there seemed to be nothing.

And if you listened closely, you could hear the sound of faint sobbing from the other room. This is where the woman was, lying on the bed, her body silently shaking as her fingers gripped the sheets as if they were her lifeline. Her face was pressed into the mattress, her tears choking her.

Beside her lay a photo, one of her with the man and little boy, smiling for the camera. The glass was cracked and it tipped precariously off the edge of the bed.

The window along the wall revealed the light snow that was dusting the world outside. Outside it was Christmas. Shoppers bought their last minute Christmas gifts, trees were being decorated and there was a general feeling of merriment in the air.

The woman continued to shake, no longer aware of Christmas, of anything really except the ache in her heart that threatened to swallow her whole.

She eventually drifts off to sleep, not waking until hours later, when the house is dark except for the twinkling lights.

Those are the first to go as she moves from room to room, pulling everything down. The gingerbread house is shoved in the garbage can, the decorations pulled down and finally, she is in front of the tree, tears in her eyes as she packs away the gifts for the boy.

Her hand rests on one she didn’t notice before. It’s addressed to her, not Parker and it’s from him. Her hand shakes as she holds the gift, unable to pack it away like the others. She is fifteen again and refusing to open presents until her parents return.

But this time she knows, whether she opens it or not, he’s not coming back. The finality of the thought shakes her.

The woman reaches for the bow and slowly undoes it, tears slipping down her cheeks as she does so. The card says ‘Love Seeley’ and she traces his handwriting. Her eyes close and she is imagining them on Christmas morning, their first Christmas together, opening presents and drinking eggnog.

And as she opens the present, a smile reaches her lips.

“Merry Christmas Booth.”
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:58 pm

Oh that's so sad!!! Sad But very good, of course! Smile
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:18 pm

Great job, will! Very descriptive, I could see everything happening. Question though: why did you switch verb tenses in the middle? Sorry, that's the damn wanna-be-an-English-teacher in me! LOL
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:41 pm

Meegs82 wrote:Great job, will! Very descriptive, I could see everything happening. Question though: why did you switch verb tenses in the middle? Sorry, that's the damn wanna-be-an-English-teacher in me! LOL

Ha! Good catch about the verb tenses. I didn't realize that until after I posted!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:15 am

that was really really sad, will.....
can't wait for some fluff to make me feel happy again

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by missdebra87 Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:54 am

Very sad, but very good. Can't wait to read tonights!
missdebra87
missdebra87
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, Teacher Certification, Departmental Recognition, Magna Cum Laude

Back to top Go down

Post by VentiGirl Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:55 am

ok i hate sad, although it was very good
VentiGirl
VentiGirl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:10 pm

A/N: Whew! I made it with an hour to spare! This was like the oneshot that never ended. I could have kept writing and writing. Thank you to everyone for their reviews for yesterday's oneshot. I'm glad the angst didn't stress you out too much. Don't worry, not only is there no angst in this one, there's Parker! I hope you enjoy and thank you!

The blast of the music woke Booth and he rolled over and groaned as Jingle Bell Rock filled the air. He cracked open an eye and glanced at the clock.

6:22.

He first thought was to roll over and go back to bed. But he had to admit, he was feeling a bit excited himself to start the day. Of course, that might have something to do with the other occupant in his bed. He rolled over and couldn’t resist slipping his arm around her waist and snuggling a bit closer.

He had just drifted off when he heard his door open. A smile crossed his face as he heard the footsteps of his only son. And then suddenly, Parker was on the bed, jumping on him.

“Wake up Dad! You too Bones! It’s Christmas and Santa came!”

He opened his eyes to see his seven year old grinning at him.

“Hey bub, give us a minute okay?” He said as he glanced at his bleary-eyed girlfriend trying to nestle herself back under the covers. “Meet you by the tree.”

“You got it Dad!” Parker said, scampering off the bed and out the door.

“What are we listening to?” Brennan moaned.

“Welcome to the Booth family Christmas.” He replied, grinning. “We should get up or he’ll never give us any peace.”

“I’d be more awake if someone didn’t keep me up late last night.” She grumbled.

“What? I can’t help it if I wanted to open my Christmas present early.”

“Booth! You’re incorri...”

She was cut off by his lips on hers and several minutes were lost. He pulled away from her, aware that he had a what seemed permanent these days goofy grin on his face. “We should go. Christmas time!”

“Booth, I...”

“It’s okay. I told you before, we open presents, we drink some hot chocolate and we go have dinner. It will be fine, I promise.”

She nodded and got out of bed, following him out into the living room.

“What did you get in your stocking, bub?” He asked, watching Brennan hesitantly make her way over to the couch. As Parker rattled off his gifts, Booth’s thoughts turned to Brennan. She would probably kill him for thinking this, but she was so damned adorable when she was nervous.

“Can we open presents now, Dad?”

“Let me go make some coffee first, okay?” He said, padding into the kitchen and turning on the coffee maker. He could scarcely believe his luck. When he asked Brennan if she would stay for Christmas, he had thought she would say no. Although they were practically living together at this point, he knew she was still a little nervous.

They were heading to Russ and Amy’s later for Christmas dinner, but for now it was just the three of them, just the way he liked it. He grabbed two mugs from the cupboard and filled them with coffee.

“What’s taking so long in there?” she shouted from the living room.

“Yea, Dad, its present time!” Parker yelled.

“Okay, okay.” He replied, coming into the living room and sitting on the couch next to her. Parker was in front of the tree.

He leaned forward and grabbed a candy cane off the tree.

“I dub thee, Sir Parker, the Present Passer!” he said, using the candy cane to ‘knight’ him.

Parker giggled and grabbed the first present.

“Here Bones, it’s for you.”

She reached for the present and placed it in her lap.

“Go on, open it.” He nudged her.

“What about everyone else?”

“We do our presents one at a time. It makes it last longer.”

She nodded and opened the present carefully.

“Rip it!” Parker shouted.

Booth smiled as he watched his girlfriend’s face for her reaction. This was one of her presents from him. He fully admitted that he went a little overboard, but he wanted to make it perfect for her.

The look of surprise on her face was definitely worth the 2 and a half weeks searching in every bookstore possible for a very out of date anthropology book that she mentioned once she wanted.

“Booth...”

“Do you like it?”

“Of course I do.” She exclaimed. “How did you find this?”

“FBI, remember?”

He was rewarded with a very big hug and a whispered thank you in his ear.

“Maybe Parker should be next?” she suggested, noticing the boy rocking back and forth in excitement.

Booth nodded and Parker tore into a present; a chemistry set from the squints.

“Look Dad, I can make things like in the lab!”

“That’s great, bub.”

“Can we take it to dinner? I want to show Max.”

“Sure we can.” Booth replied. “This was your idea, wasn’t it?” he whispered to Brennan.

She just shrugged and smiled secretively.

The present passing went on and on, it seemed forever, since there were plenty of gifts for everyone. There were still some unwrapped under the tree, to be packed up and taken later.

Parker was storing his presents in his room, most likely debating which ones to open first and Brennan was curled up on the couch, looking at the tree.

“You okay?” he asked from the doorway.

She nodded and brushed a tear from her cheek.

“This is the best Christmas I’ve ever had.”

He smiled. “You know what Bones? Me too. But it’s not over yet. We still have dinner and more presents with the rest of the family.”

The CD player flipped and Jingle Bell Rock came on again.

“Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock!” They heard from down the hall. They both began to chuckle.

“It’s his favourite.” Booth said. “Now come on, it’s time for Christmas French toast.”

She raised an eyebrow.

“Secret recipe.” He intoned. “I can’t tell a soul. Although, I suppose I can let you in on the secret. It’s a Booth family tradition.”

“So now I’m family?” she asked, questions swimming in her eyes.

“You’ve been family for a very long time.” He replied, stroking her cheek. “I love you.”

He saw her eyes widen and he instantly regretted his words until he felt her hand slip into his.

“I...I think I might love you too.” She said quietly.

He grinned. “Well then...I guess that means you can help make the French toast. “

She laughed and followed him into the kitchen.

A/N: Did that warm the cockles of your heart? Where are the cockles located anyway?
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by missdebra87 Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:18 pm

willgirl wrote:“You’ve been family for a very long time.” He replied, stroking her cheek. “I love you.”

Loved that line!

Good job. Much fluffier than the last, lol. I'm so glad you're writing one every day!
missdebra87
missdebra87
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:43 pm

I just found it. Thanks! I bet this will be the best Advent Calendar ever!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:00 pm

This is seriously the best Christmas present. Thanks, will! That was freaking ADORABLE!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by VentiGirl Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:18 am

ahhhhhhhhhhh thanks for the smile
VentiGirl
VentiGirl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:07 am

Awww thank you so much for the warm fuzzy Christmas story! Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:38 pm

A/N: And she makes it with half an hour to spare! I had fully intended on having this up earlier but I have been struck with a case of the stomach flu. So I hope there are no errors or anything in this one. Thanks to everyone for the reviews, I truly appreciate it.

This oneshot uses the song River as it's inspiration. I would recommend listening to it, it's a great song. I believe it's a Joni Mitchell song, however I listened to the version sung by Robert Downey Jr.

River

It was Christmas. The season to be jolly and all that. Well, Booth definitely wasn’t feeling jolly. He figured it was his fault; after all he was the one who inadvertently instigated the biggest fight of their relationship. He didn’t mean to, it just sort of happened and then they started yelling at each other and it escalated from there.

Now it was Christmas Eve and he was alone in his apartment, his girlfriend supposedly in hers. That is, if she hadn’t decided to fly off to Peru or someplace like that. He wasn’t getting Parker until Boxing Day, so tomorrow was going to be spent with him lying about on the couch, feeling sorry for himself.

Of course, it was going to be spent at Hodgins house. He had invited everyone, Brennan’s family included, for Christmas dinner. No doubt she would be there which is why he was now declining the invitation. Why ruin Christmas for everyone else?

He glanced at the clock and got up off the couch. It was almost time for Midnight Mass. He headed into his bathroom and quickly stripped off his clothes. He turned on the water and stepped under the hot spray.

When they had decided to be in a relationship together, he had foolishly thought that it would be all sunshine and roses. He fell for the storybook romance idea hard.

But instead, it was hard work. Not that it changed things; he was still in love with her and he was pretty sure she was still in love with him. But it was less happily ever after and more happily but need to work out immense problems ever after.

It wasn’t all her; he would admit to that freely.

Despite all his talk about commitment, he hadn’t had a serious relationship since Rebecca. Tessa didn’t count, it didn’t last long enough.

And this thing with Temperance, he thought that if they were together, all of those quirks that drove him crazy would just melt away. She still worked crazy hours and pushed his buttons and said inappropriate things. He still had nightmares he refused to tell her about and a way of antagonizing her that drove her crazy.

He sighed as he stepped out of the shower. He wanted to make this relationship work but he had no idea how. She was so god damn stubborn that it was like meeting a brick wall at every turn.

Plus, he admitted to himself as he picked out his suit, it felt like he was under a lot of pressure to make everything perfect. After all, he was the nice guy, not one of her scummy ex boyfriends who treated her badly.

All of the sudden this idea of being this perfect guy for her for all eternity weighed down on him. He knew it was his own fault but he couldn’t help resenting her a bit.

And now, now here they were, their first Christmas together and it would be spent apart. He supposed he could call, but what would he say? He wasn’t even sure how to voice his feelings.

He quickly dressed and headed out the door. If there was ever a time he needed a little advice from God, today was it.

He navigated the busy streets and parked a block away from church. Once inside, he took a seat, the warmth of the room already making him feel marginally better. There was something about Christmas Eve Mass that always lightened his heart, no matter how he felt. It was the general feeling of peace emanating from so many people.

The seats began to fill as it got closer to midnight. Soon the pews were almost full and the service began. About five minutes in, he felt someone sit in the empty space to the left of him. He was concentrating on the priest’s words when he felt a hand slip into his.

He turned and saw her there, eyes bright with tears and a questioning look on her face. His heart beat fast and in that moment he knew, even though it was going to be an uphill battle at times, there was nothing more he wanted then to be with her for as long as he could.

He squeezed her hand in reassurance and tear slipped down her cheek.

“I love you.” She whispered.

His eyes widened. She had never said that to him before. And then he was speaking the same words back to her before he even realized his lips were moving.

He smiled and turned his attention back to the service.

They were going to be alright.

A/N: Hope that wasn't too angsty. Fluffy ones coming, I promise!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:25 pm

That one was just perfect. I kept thinking, "I hope she shows up, I hope she shows up." And sure enough...yay! Sorry you're sick, but it sure didn't show in your writing, will! Feel better so you can have a new one for us tomorrow Smile
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by missdebra87 Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:31 pm

I'm sorry your sick! I hope you start feeling better soon. I really enjoyed this one. I'm with Meegs, I kept saying, "I hope she shows up!" Good job!
missdebra87
missdebra87
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:40 pm

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww[Only admins are allowed to see this link] I really liked it!!! Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by missdebra87 Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:35 pm

I've had It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year stuck in my head since I read tonight's post...
missdebra87
missdebra87
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:41 pm

Me too, missdeb! Smile
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next