Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

+5
ForensicMama
ToZiKa
Meegs82
missdebra87
willgirl
9 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year - Page 3 Empty Re: It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Post by ToZiKa Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:29 pm

I love it!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year - Page 3 Empty Re: It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Post by DBCrazy Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:31 pm

That's so nice. I just love all these warm fuzzies!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by missdebra87 Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:54 pm

Very sweet. =)
missdebra87
missdebra87
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16433
Say What You Want : Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, Teacher Certification, Departmental Recognition, Magna Cum Laude
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by raklx Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:49 am

Hey! (oh!thank you ForensicMama)

wonderful one really!!It's like you were inside her head at least in some sort of way, I don't think I can explain it... Embarassed

about the other one what can I say? I just loooooove mistletoe!! Laughing
raklx
raklx

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:50 am

raklx wrote:Hey! (oh!thank you ForensicMama)

wonderful one really!!It's like you were inside her head at least in some sort of way, I don't think I can explain it... Embarassed

about the other one what can I say? I just loooooove mistletoe!! Laughing

You're welcome! Very Happy And who doesn't love mistletoe??? Very Happy I love you
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by raklx Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:11 am

And who doesn't love mistletoe???

hehe Laughing
raklx
raklx

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:33 am

A/N: Stupid Life! It's getting in the way of me posting these! Sorry for the delay again, I hope to get caught up this weekend! Thank you very much for all of your reviews and I hope you like this one!

Frosty the Snowman

Parker Booth waited impatiently in the hallway. He had put on his snowsuit and his boots and his hat and mittens and they still weren’t ready.

“Daaaaddd....” he yelled, half heartedly. They had to be ready soon.

Maybe they were kissing or something,

They kissed a lot now that Bones was Dad’s girlfriend. He didn’t mind it that much though because Bones did fun stuff with him like make magnets and play football with him and dad. And he liked it when they read stories at bedtime.

It was going to be bed time before they even got outside. He trudged toward the window and looked out.

Yep, the snow was still there.

They were going to build the biggest snowman ever. Bones said she hadn’t made a snowman since she was a little girl so they were going to build the best one.

Finally, he heard them coming down the stairs.

“Sorry Parker. We are here.”

“Yea bub, you ready to go? Let’s get out in the snow!”

He watched as they got their jackets, scarves and mittens on and then they all trooped outside.

“Look at all the snow dad.” He exclaimed as he ran down the stairs and jumped into a pile on the lawn. The snow made his face a little cold, but he didn’t care.

“Okay, snow man time.” His dad shouted. “Remember what to do Parker?”

He rolled his eyes. “Of course dad.”

Bones on the other hand looked confused.

“We have to roll the snowballs, Bones. I take the biggest, Parker takes the middle and we save the head until last.”

“Okay, what should I do?”

“You can help me Bones.” He said, watching his dad start on his big snowball.

She nodded and came over, crouching in the snow.

“We have to make it really big.” He explained. “But not as big as dad’s.”

“Okay.” She replied, starting to roll some snow into a ball.

Reaching for some snow, he started to make a ball shape. He could never get into a good ball but dad said that didn’t matter. Looking over, he saw that Bones made a really good one.

“How do you do that?” he asked.

“My dad showed me once when I was nine and I stayed out all day and practiced.”

Parker looked over at his dad’s snowball and then down to theirs.

“Ours is going to be better than dad’s!”

Bones smiled. “I suppose that’s possible.”

“How ‘bout I give you the snow and you make it into a ball?” he said, excitingly.

“That’s a great plan, Park.”

He beamed and set to work, giving her as much snow as he could grab. They worked for a long time until Parker’s toes felt cold.

“There, that should do it.”

“We’re done, Dad!” he shouted. He got up off his knees and ran over to see his dad’s snowball. It was really big.

“Ours is going to be biggest, awesomest snowman ever.”

“You got that right. Go see if Bones needs help.”

He turned and saw Bones rolling the snowball over to them. Running over, he helped her roll it to the other snowball.

“Okay buddy, you make the head while Bones and I put the middle on.”

He nodded and knelt down in the snow, grabbing some snow and rolling it into a ball. It was almost time for his favourite part. That was decorating the snowman. His second part was having hot chocolate and cookies.

“Here dad!” he shouted, rolling his ball over to the snowman.

His dad picked it up and put it on top.

“Well that looks very good.”

“We aren’t done yet, Bones. We have to go find the arms.”

“You go find the arms and I will get the other supplies.” His dad said, handing Bones a knife.

“C’mon Bones.” He said, scampering over to the big tree in their yard.

“Okay. You pick out two good arms. Not to high up though.”

He giggled. Bones sounded just like his dad.

He walked around the tree once, examining the branches to see which ones would make the best arms. He started to walk around again when he saw it.

“Right there.” He said, pointing in the air.

She pointed to a tree branch.

“Yep, that’s the one.”

“Looks like an arm to me.” She said, as she cut it down.

She passed it to him and he held it up. It definitely looked like a great arm. It took a little while more but they found another one and headed back over to the snowman where dad was waiting.

“We got the arms.” He shouted.

“I got the rest of the stuff. Stick those arms in, bub.”

He looked at the snowman, trying to figure out the best place to put the arms. Then he stuck one in each side. They looked really cool, like the snowman was trying to hug you.

“Here you go.”

He looked over at his dad, who was holding out the rest of the stuff.

“C’mon Bones, you can help me. You do the coal.”

He grabbed the big button from his dad along with the pipe and stuck the nose and the pipe in. Bones put on the coal for eyes.

“That looks good.” Bones said.

“We need the hat.” He got the hat from his dad and put it on the snowman’s head. “There, now it’s done.”

“A baseball cap?”

“It’s cuz we don’t have a top hat, Bones.” He replied. “Now can we make snow angels and then go inside and have hot chocolate?”

“You got it bub. Find your spots.”

He ran and picked out a good spot with barely any footprints.

“1,2,3...go!”

Opening his arms wide, he fell backwards into the snow. He furiously moved his arms and legs before carefully getting up and trying to step out without wrecking it. He only wrecked it a little bit. His dad was really good at not wrecking his.

“Okay, snow angels complete. Let’s go get hot chocolate.”

He ran across the lawn and up the steps, past dad and Bones who were kissing AGAIN and headed inside for a snack.
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:44 pm

JUST got caught up on yesterday's story and all I have to say is...AWW[Only admins are allowed to see this link] I was really confused at first, thinking "why would she be going to Peru again? Dad and Russ in jail, what?" And then it all made sense...you went back to last year. And it was perfect!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:13 pm

It's got it all ... snowmen, snow angels, hot chocolate, and kisses! Willgirl I love these. I can't wait to see what you're going to come up with next!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:14 pm

And the Parker/Snowman was so cute! Love how it was from his POV.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:51 am

willgirl wrote:past dad and Bones who were kissing AGAIN
that's exactely what they are supposed to do all the time!
he will understand it when he's older.....

Can't wait for more!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:21 pm

A/N: Thank you all for the reviews! Imaginary gingerbread for all! I think this one might be my favourite so far. I was going to save it to post on Christmas Eve, but decided it couldn't wait. The Christmas Song is one of my favourites.

The Christmas Song

The fire crackled, giving the room an extra cosy touch. She was sitting on the couch, watching the lights on the tree twinkle as she sipped her wine. This was her favourite part of Christmas, when it was just the two of them. The quiet house was the polar opposite only half an hour before, with the kids being overexcited about the appearance of Santa Claus.

It took them forever to put them to bed, each wanting to stay up as late as they could to see Santa. It was only after an explanation from Booth that Santa didn’t visit a house unless they were fast asleep, that the kids finally gave in and went to bed. Every year it was like this.

She smiled as she thought of the kids, her kids now, hers and Booth’s. After three years of fostering, they had decided to adopt Meg and Luke. It took another year until the adoption papers went through, but finally, two months ago they did.

Luke was nine, two years younger than Parker and they got along from the start, which definitely made the transition easier. Meg was five and three quarters as she kept telling everyone who would listen.

It was strange, being responsible for someone so dependent on her, but Booth definitely helped make the process better.

She heard his footsteps on the stairs and a smile touched her lips.

“Finally.” He said quietly, coming into the room.

“They asleep?”

He nodded. “Yep, Meg was out like a light but Parker and Luke took some more convincing. They pitched the tent on the floor in their room and are currently reading with flashlights. They are under the strictest orders not to come out. What are you doing?”

“Just looking at the tree.”

He sat down on the couch and she immediately snuggled into him.

“Don’t fall asleep.” He warned. “We still have to put out the presents and eat the milk and cookies. I don’t want to go solo like last year.”

“I won’t, I promise.” She said, suppressing a yawn. Last year, she had fallen asleep on the couch and left him to take care of everything.

He stroked her hair as they sat in silence, mesmerized by the twinkling lights.

“I love our tree.”

“Good. It took me long enough to get it.” He grumbled.

She chuckled as she thought about their outing to the woods, where the kids made them visit the entire tree farm before settling on a tree only 50 metres from the entrance.

“C’mon.” He nudged her. “Let’s get the presents before the kids come down to investigate. And before you fall asleep.”

She rolled her eyes and followed him out of the living room and into the office where the presents were hidden.

“So is my present in this pile?” He said, picking up as many as he could carry.

“Can’t you wait till tomorrow?” She teased.

“C’mon Bones, you know you want to tell.”

“You are as bad as the kids.” She said, as they carted the presents out to the tree and placed them under.

Once they put all the presents under the tree, Booth grabbed the cookies from the plate and handed her one.

“Cookie?”

“Yes, please.”

They ate their cookies, ensuring that some crumbs were left on the plate. They shared the glass of milk as well.

Without saying a word, Booth turned and pressed play on the stereo.

“Dance, Temperance?” he said, holding out her hand.

She nodded, smiling. This had been their tradition, ever since the first year they had been together.

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire,
Jack Frost nipping on your nose,
Yuletide carols being sung by a choir,
And folks dressed up like Eskimos.

She melted in his arms, resting her head on his shoulder as they swayed back and forth. This was her favourite song; his too and so every year, when the kids were in bed, they would dance to it, before heading to bed. Even last year, when she had fallen asleep, she woke up and they danced.

“I love you Temperance.” He whispered in her ear.

And although she had heard it many times before, her heart still gave a little leap. She tilted her head to look at him.

“I love you too Seeley.”

She pressed her lips against his, the kiss one of passion and love.

“Merry Christmas.” He said, as they began to dance again.

She smiled. “Merry Christmas.”

And so I'm offering this simple phrase,
To kids from one to ninety-two,
Although its been said many times, many ways,
A very Merry Christmas to you
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:24 pm

Awwwwwwwww.............so adorable! Just pure fluff and happiness! Fabtabulous, will!!!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:08 pm

Aww that was so perfect. I love the idea of Brennan adopting. I can see her doing that! Wink
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:11 am

I know it was said before but.....AWWWW.....

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by missdebra87 Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:32 am

I haven't been feeling very well today, but this managed to put a smile on my face. I loved it!
missdebra87
missdebra87
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, Teacher Certification, Departmental Recognition, Magna Cum Laude

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:31 am

A/N: AHHH!!!! I'm so behind! As a result, you will get two oneshots today! One now and one a little later on! Sorry for the lack of posts, but it's been crazy! However, I am determined to catch up. Thanks to everyone for the reviews and I hope you like this one!

“Have you got your warm clothes, on?” Booth asked.

She rolled her eyes. “Yes, Booth. I’m warm, I promise.”

“Is it time to go yet, Dad?” Parker asked.

“Go already?” she questioned. “but the parade doesn’t start until noon.”

“Yea, but we gotta get a good seat, Bones. Right Dad?”

“Yep.” Booth answered. “Don’t worry; I’ve got supplies in the car.”

She shrugged her shoulders and followed Booth and Parker out to the car. It was ten am on a Saturday morning in December and they were off to see the Santa Claus Parade. After much cajoling, Booth convinced her to come with them. She didn’t want to intrude on family time, but he insisted.

They got in the car and headed towards the Jeffersonian.

“Going to work?” she asked.

“It’s the best place to park.” He replied. “We can walk from there.”

“I’m excited to see the clowns, dad.”

“Umm...I’m excited to see the bands, Park.”

“There’s clowns?” she asked in a low tone.

He nodded, concentrating on the road.

“Doesn’t that bother you?”

“Yes, but it’s Christmas, okay? I can live with it for a few hours.”

They pulled into the Jeffersonian and parked in her parking space.

“We’re here!” Parker exclaimed.

“So what do we do for two hours while we wait for the parade to start?” she asked, getting out of the car.

“We drink hot chocolate and talk and Parker’s got his video game to keep him occupied. It’s important to get the best seats possible.”

He unbuckled Parker from his seat and then popped the trunk, revealing an array of things from folding chairs to blankets to a cooler bag.

“Wow, you really go all out.” She commented.

“Eh, it’s tradition.” He shrugged. He passed her the cooler bag and he grabbed everything else.

“Let’s go, bub.”

Parker skipped happily in front of them as they headed down to the parade route.

“We always sit in the same place every year. “ Booth explained.

When they got to their spot, Brennan was surprised to see the number of people doing the exact same thing as they were. It wasn’t packed with people or anything, but it was quite busy.

They found a spot on the side of the road and Booth began to set up the three folding chairs.

“Dad, I’m hungry.”

“Okay, bub.” He gestured to a seat and she sat down, passing him the cooler. He unzipped it and pulled out a thermos and some donuts.

“Hot chocolate?”

“You think of everything.” She replied, smiling. “Yes please.”

After a breakfast of hot chocolate and donuts, Parker settled into his video game, leaving them to talk.

“Thanks for coming Bones.”

“Thanks for inviting me. I haven’t been to a parade in a long time.”

“Did you go when you were a kid?”

“Yes, but it wasn’t as big as this parade.” She replied. “I always loved seeing the floats go by. Dad would put me on his shoulders for the whole thing so I could see.”

“Are you spending Christmas together this year?” he asked.

She nodded. “We are going over to Russ and Amy’s for Christmas dinner. What about you?”

“I get Parker on Boxing Day, so that will be fun.”

“So what do you do on Christmas?” She realized that she never asked what he had done when he didn’t have Parker before.

“I usually get up late, wrap presents that I haven’t done and then just hang out all day.”

“You should come with me.” She said impulsively.

He raised an eyebrow.

“To Christmas dinner. I’m sure Russ and Amy wouldn’t mind.”

“Look, that’s your family time...”

“Like today is your family time?” she asked. “I thought there was more than one type of family?”

She got him there.

“Well..as long as I wouldn’t be intruding..”

“You won’t, I promise.”

“That sounds nice, Temperance.”

Her stomach flip-flopped as it usually did when he called her by her first name and she began to feel a bit warmer. He was right; it was definitely cold out here.

They chatted for a while longer, stopping to drink some more hot chocolate and watching the crowds begin to stream in, until it was parade time.

“I’m so excited to see Santa!” Parker exclaimed. “How about you Bones?”

“Well...I’m excited to see Santa too.” She replied, smiling back at the excited boy.

The parade began and music filled the air as marching bands passed by. Clowns handed out candy, which made Parker very excited, and amazing floats went by.

“Look!” Parker shouted. “Mother Goose! And that’s Spongebob!”

Booth smiled at his son’s excitement and looked over at Brennan, who was trying to hide the fact that she was shivering. He grabbed the blanket from underneath the chair and threw it over the three of them.

“Thanks Booth.” She said, her teeth chattering. “I’m...I’m sure you w...want to say I told you so.”

“Not at all.” He replied. “Come closer.”

She complied and he threw his arm around her, drawing her in closer. She snuggled against him, trying to avoid the blaring thoughts in her head that this was definitely unpartnerlike.

The parade continued and while she started getting warmer, she was still freezing. And of course, he noticed.

“Still cold?”

“Don’t worry, I’m sure the parade’s almost over right?”

He nodded. “I’m feeling cold myself. You cold, Parker?”

Parker shook his head, not taking his eyes away from the parade.

“I’m fine.” She said, her teeth chattering slightly.

“I think I have a way to warm you up but don’t punch me.”

“Punch you? Why would I...?”

His lips were on hers and then she was very warm indeed. Her hands clutched at his winter jacket as the kiss grew heated.

“Santa!” Parker cried, causing them to split apart.

They blushed and turned their eyes to the parade where Santa was going by, waving at all the boys and girls.

She took a few deep breaths, trying to roll around in her head exactly what happened, when she felt his gloved hand slip into hers.

She looked over and the smile on his face was enough to make her warm all over again.

Yes, there was definitely more than one type of family.

And he was hers.

A/N: Okay hands up! Who wants Booth to warm them up?
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:00 am

okay I know I'm repeating myself.....but...
AWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by raklx Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:07 am

MEEEEE!!!
however I don't mind if he stays with Bones...

Very Happy

they're so B&B in their awesome way that I just want to act in an Angela like behavior...... Laughing
Congratulations really, this story is so full of possibilities! Can't wait!!
raklx
raklx

Back to top Go down

Post by missdebra87 Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:32 am

I am really enjoying these. Each brings a smile to my face =)
missdebra87
missdebra87
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:20 pm

A/N: Here's the next one! I've bumped the rating to a T for this one (and it could be bordering slightly on M, just so you know). I appreciate everyone's reviews and the fact that everyone is still sticking with this story! I'll be sad when Christmas is over!

Baby, It’s Cold Outside

Brennan sat on the couch, waiting for Booth to come back from the bedroom. She was nervous, that couldn’t be denied. After all, they were about to take a big step forward in their relationship.

Earlier that evening, they had been sitting on the couch, watching a movie when Booth abruptly turned it off, and declared that he had very unpartnerlike feelings for her. She, of course, was completely silent for a very long time; so long that Booth had gotten up and started pacing.

She then managed to say, although not quite clearly, that she had feelings for him too. He had turned and looked at her and she had felt as if all the air had been sucked from her body. Sitting beside her, he barely gave her a chance to regain her breath before he stole it again with a kiss.

Not just any kiss. A kiss that melted the very insides of her body and made her so lightheaded she could barely focus on what was happening. They parted and talked for a while about where they were going and what they should tell their bosses.

It was then that Booth noticed the snow.

At first, they stood side by side, barely touching as they watched the snow fall slowly down. But soon the snow grew heavier and as she readied herself to go, he kept a wary eye out the window. She barely made it out of his door before she was back again, knocking and explaining that her car wasn’t starting. He ushered her inside and after some more talking, he got up and went into the bedroom.

And now she saw him return, pillows and blankets in his arms and her heart dropped.

Of course.

She had been foolish to think that something else would happen tonight. They needed sometime to process the situation, right?

They argued about who would take the couch versus the bed and he won, ushering her into the bedroom and digging through is drawers to get some pyjamas for her to wear.

She sat on the bed as he did so, unsure of what to do while she waited. She fiddled with her hands and bit her lip as she debated doing something drastic.

She wanted him. That couldn’t be denied and that definitely didn’t start tonight. But the revelation of their feelings ignited something in her and she wanted badly to be with him, to feel him against her skin, her lips on his.

He turned and looked as she called his name and she fumbled through her explanation of why he should stay in the bed here with her, why she was okay with any step forward they would take. His eyes darkened and he strode across the room, sweeping her up off the bed and into his arms, his kiss passionate and unyielding.

They fumbled with buttons, both anxious to feel each other, and when they were undressed, she pressed her lips against the hollow of his neck, her body moulding against his. They stood for several moments as she listened to his rapid heartbeat; felt hers thundering. And then they were on the bed, and he was touching her everywhere. Her body felt on fire as she grasped for him, begging him never to let go.

It seemed an eternity of endless pleasure and then he entered her and everything came into focus. She clung to him as he thrust into her, driving them both higher and higher until finally they came together, their cries filling the room.

She was overcome by love for him and for a moment, had an urge to tell him so. Instead, she wrapped herself up in his embrace and slowly drifted off to sleep, her last conscious thought being thankful for the snowstorm.

A/N: So...I had every intention of making that steamier, but it didn't seem to fit right. (If you are looking for some more action, check out my story, Coitus). Okay, shameful plug over!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:05 pm

Ah... very, very sexy!!! hehehehe Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:21 am

I guess she will love snow forever now......who wouldn't?

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:16 am

Man! I got the last two together. I think he had that parade-move figured out all along! He was just waiting for her to get really cold. And as is the case with both of these stories, when Brennan gets cold, Booth gets her hot! Laughing
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:20 pm

A/N: Thank you so much for the reviews and I hope you enjoy this! I recommend listening to the song whilst reading. Here is the link: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

The snow was falling but she didn’t care. She didn’t want it to be Christmas in any form and that included snow. Of course, this wasn’t to be and the entire house was decorated in Christmas decorations, so much that it was overwhelming.

She was given an allowance to buy gifts for the family and she felt obligated to do so even though she had no desire too. The Wilkerson’s weren’t a bad family, not like the first one she was placed in. But that didn’t mean she wanted to celebrate Christmas with them.

It was too close, only a year since her parents disappeared and Russ left her alone. If she closed her eyes, she could picture their entire Christmas morning. The smile of her mother as she made breakfast, the laugh of her father as he handed out gifts. It was all there, so clear and vivid in her mind that she could barely stand to open her eyes again.

She dreamt of them every night, and woke with tears on her face and a clenching in her heart that made her feel like she was having a heart attack.

And now she had to pretend to enjoy Christmas with this family; smile and act if everything was fine. It was like she was in a play and she was real but they were all imposters, actors creating a scene with fake sets and fake feelings.

She couldn’t do this. She was brave and strong but not strong enough for this.

A tear slipped down her cheek and she brushed it away, curling up on the bed. She heard a knock on the door and it opened.

“Temperance?”

Mrs. Wilkerson came and kneeled by the bed.

She opened her eyes and stared at the woman who had tried but would never even come close to replacing her mother.

“Please.” She whispered, as she gulped down a sob. “Please don’t make me go down there.”

Mrs. Wilkerson nodded and stood up.

“I’ll bring you some food later.”

She nodded slightly and then turned her face into the pillow once more. She heard the door shut behind her and the sob escaped. And then another, and another until she was unable to catch her breath. The tears came and came until she couldn’t cry anymore.

She drifted in and out of sleep, her thoughts always with them, the ache inside her threatening to swallow her whole.

Sitting up, she took a deep breath and then walked to the closet and pulled out her garbage bag. Most of her clothes and other things were put away, but at the very bottom were a few items that she had managed to pack up and take with her, most notably her Christmas presents from her parents.

She pulled them out and stared at them. Her fingers traced her mother’s handwriting on the tags and fresh tears came to eyes.

“No.” She said resolutely, looking at the presents. She wasn’t going to open them until they came back. She would put them under the tree again and they would have Christmas like they used to. Then, then she would open the presents, but not before.

She pushed them back into the garbage bag and shoved it back into the closet. Grabbing her science book out of her backpack, she settled down at her desk to get some work done.

She briefly glanced at the snow but shook her head and began to concentrate on her work.

She would wait until they came back.

willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next