Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cyclist in the Quarry *in progress* (K+, humour, B/B)

+5
kruff1998
sweetie_dude
ToZiKa
EDDB
ForensicMama
9 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Cyclist in the Quarry *in progress* (K+, humour, B/B) Empty The Cyclist in the Quarry *in progress* (K+, humour, B/B)

Post by ForensicMama Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:46 pm

Chapter 1

Booth walked into Brennan's office, bumping into a skinny bald man in his forties as he entered.

"Sorry." He muttered, then he turned and watched the man walk out of sight. "Bones, who was that?"

"Corrigan." She said simply. "Are you here for a reason, Booth?"

"Lunch."

"You never stop thinking about food."

"Who's Corrigan? More importantly, who would name their child that?"

Brennan rolled her eyes. "We're sort of dating." She watched for his reaction.

Booth flinched at the thought of Bones with that guy. "He looks like a tiki pole."

"A what?"

"You know... a light on a stick. Don't look directly into his head or you'll go blind, Bones."

"I'm sorry?"

"Bald, Bones. The guy's bald."

"What are you suggesting? That he wear a tupee?"

"No, Bones. Then he'll look like somebody threw a cat into a barbeque."

"That's inhumane."

"It's inhumane for that guy to walk around blinding people like that."

"Funny."

"Maybe he should get plugs? Nah, then he'll look like he fell head first into a pit of porcupines."

"Booth, are you here just to make fun of Corrigan?"

"No, Bones, I'm here to save your eyesight."

"What if he had a hair transplant? Then, would you make fun of him any less? You just don't like him because he's dating me." She shuffled some papers in her hands by tapping them on the desk and then pushing them into the crevice of her arm.

"Do you know what that entails, Bones?"

"Yeah... They shave a strip of hair on the back of your head, then they slice out a one inch strip of flesh so they can dig out the hair follicles." Booth groaned. He knew better than to ask rhetorical questions. "Then they puncture thousands of little holes in your scalp and plant the hairs--"

"Bones, Bones, you keep this up and I'll seriously not be able to stomach lunch, OK? And why would anyone do that?" He shuddered.

"I can see it anthropologically. A man attracts a mate with his hair, musclular stature, and other features, much like a bird does with its mating dance or its brightly colored feathers."

"I think your anthropology's off, Bones."

"I don't know what that means, Booth."

"I'm saying... Bones, you say that a man attracts a woman with his looks, right?" He stepped closer to her and she could feel herself blush as he did. "Corrigan is one of those skinny, bald birds."

"You're saying he's not very attractive to you."

"Exactly."

"Good thing you're not a woman, then." She raised a brow and crossed her arms, almost as if to build a wall between Booth and she.

"Why do you like that guy, then?"

"Well... he... he's nice."

"I'm nice." The words slipped from his lips.

"Yeah, you are. So is he."

"So... does Corey know you dissect cadavers for a living?"

"He may think I'm just a museum manager, but I'll reveal my true profession with time..."

"Over dinner, right?"

"Yeah."

"Steak. You should take him out to a big steak dinner. And just as he's shoving a big piece of bloody beef flesh into his mouth, you say, Corrigan, I dive head first into rotting corpses every day. How's your steak?"

"That's not a bad idea." Her eyes flashed in his direction as she passed by him. He caught his reflection on the glass as he left. He checked the thickness of his hair and flexed his chest muscles before following her into the lab.

Last edited by ForensicMama on Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:16 am; edited 2 times in total
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

The Cyclist in the Quarry *in progress* (K+, humour, B/B) Empty Re: The Cyclist in the Quarry *in progress* (K+, humour, B/B)

Post by EDDB Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:31 pm

lool! with a bald guy?! hehe!

keep it up! Very Happy
EDDB
EDDB
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 71
Say What You Want : "Coffee... and Pie!"
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

The Cyclist in the Quarry *in progress* (K+, humour, B/B) Empty Re: The Cyclist in the Quarry *in progress* (K+, humour, B/B)

Post by ForensicMama Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:50 pm

Thank you!
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:58 am

a bald guy?
where did she find him?
internet dating again?

I love a jealous Booth.....I hope she'll get rid of this strange guy soon....

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:29 am

Thanks! I'll write more soon!
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:00 am

Chapter 2

Booth and Brennan found themselves at their usual window seat at the Royal Diner. It was just like every day, with one exception. Booth, who usually dressed in a suit and tie on Tuesdays, was wearing a pair of khaki shorts and a tee shirt. Bones could't take her eyes off from him, and she hated herself for acting like a teenager, even in her thoughts.

"You're dressed rather casually." She remarked.

"Parker has a game today. Suits aren't exactly comfortable in warm weather." He took a bite.

"I can see that." There was another uncomfortable silence.

"So... where'd you meet the lightbulb?"

"Huh?"

"Corrigan."

"Oh," She flashed him an annoyed look. "He did my taxes."

Booth tried hard to hide a smile. "Exciting."

"Booth, I know you don't like him, but you haven't gotten to know him."

"Nor do I ever want to. Pass the ketchup."

"You never like the guys I date."

"Sully. He was my buddy before you guys met."

"But when we were dating, you despised him."

"I did not."

"Did, too. I could read it on your facial expressions."

"Maybe I just knew he'd break your heart." His voice grew softer. "Maybe I hate seeing you with the wrong guy over and over. I care about you, Bones." He wanted to go on, but he stopped there.

Inside her mind, Brennan wrestled. How was it that when she dated a new guy then spent time with Booth, she either wanted to dump or sleep with the guys she was dating? Booth just wasn't condusive to dating relationships.

"Well, Booth, you don't have to worry about my heart being broken this time. Only his heart is being broken. I'm breaking it off tonight."

"Oh?" Booth tried not to grin like an idiot. Why did he feel like celebrating? He shook away those thoughts. "Why's that?"

She cleared her throat. Although Booth's face was very still, she could see he was enjoying this news in his eyes. "I'm not... sexually attracted to him."

"You don't say." Hmmm imagine that!

"I can see it in your eyes, Booth, you're happy."

"No, Bones. How could I be happy? I'm sorry to hear that. I really am." Now his face was sincere and his voice was gentle.

"Just shut up and pass the ketchup, Booth." She tried not to return his sweet smile, but it crept up on her lips despite herself.

Booth's cell rang and he reached for it and brought it up. "Booth. Yes, sir. Thanks," He looked at Bones. "I have a lunchtime appetizer for you, Bones. Body in a quarry."

"Good thing I've already lost my appetite." She put her fork down and donned her jacket. Booth followed her and they left the restaurant for the quarry.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:16 am

she is breaking it off.....and I thought she needed some extra therapy now.....a bald guy.....and she could have Booth!.....
PPS

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:38 am

Thanks! =)
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:15 am

Chapter 3

Booth and Brennan found their way several miles outside of the city. They drove to the bottom of a deep canyon cut out of solid rock. An agent, young and handsome, about the same height and build as Booth walked over to greet them. He handed two yellow hard hats to them and they put them on their heads.

"I'm Agent James York." He held out his hand to Brennan with a wide grin.

"Dr. Temperance Brennan." She had to speak loud so she could be heard over the machinery in the background.

York grasped her outstretched hand. "You're Booth's partner?"

"Yes. You know Booth from the Bureau?" The answer was obvious, but she didn't know what else to say. Booth had run ahead and met Cam and the new student, Connie. They were already inspecting the body as Brennan and York approached.

"Yeah. We're old army buddies, too. We served at Ft. Benning together. WOAH." He saw the body as they came up on it.

Brennan looked at York. She couldn't help but to laugh at the man. Honestly, she never got enough of seeing grown men squirm at the sight of decomposing human remains. "It won't bite." Her eyes twinkled.

"Yeah... well, it looks like it could." York raised a brow.

"Dr. Brennan, I already took photos of the scene." Connie walked up to her professor.

"Thank you, Connie."

"This the newest grad student to go through the gauntlet?" Booth asked.

Brennan squatted beside the remains, which was basically just a head and the rest of the body was covered with stones. She looked up at Booth, "Oh, yes, this is Constance Tate. Connie, this is my partner Special Agent Seeley Booth. These remains have been here... considering the warmer weather in the past few months, between six and eight weeks. Female, most likely, from the delicate features and the supraorbital arch." She looked up to see that Connie and Booth were chatting. "Connie, are you going to pay attention, or should I find another grad student? There are at least twenty of you who would be more gracious."

"Sorry, Dr. Brennan. I thought it was female, too." Connie pulled her long brown hair into a pony tail and squatted beside her mentor.

"What else can you tell?"

"Adult. Female. Twenties?"

"You don't sound very sure."

"This is my first really real dead body, Dr. Brennan."

"Can you say anything about the cause of death?"

"Well, there's a big old crack in her noggin, but that could have also been from the fifty pound blocks we pulled off her cranium." She raised a brow.

"We'll have to take her back to the Jeffersonian for further analysis." Brennan stood up and began to assist people as they removed the stones. "Don't do that, you'll compromise my remains!" She snapped at a man who had removed a stone wrong.

"She's high strung, isn't she?" York asked Booth.

"You have no idea."

"She single?"

Booth paused and looked at York. For reasons he couldn't explain, he wanted to say no, but he told the truth instead. "She's single... as of tonight."

"You two aren't--?"

"No, no, man. She's just my partner. There's a line." He gritted his teeth as he added that last part.

"She's beautiful."

"Bones is more than just beautiful, York. She's smart, too. Don't you forget it."

"Yeah, yeah, man. Of course I won't."

Booth turned to his friend with a serious look, and quietly added. "I don't mind if you date Bones, but if you break her heart, I'll break you."
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetie_dude Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:50 am

OMG mama. I LOVE IT!!! great job once again. Always full of ideas. awesome:)
sweetie_dude
sweetie_dude
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:16 pm

Thank you Sweetie!
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetie_dude Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:22 pm

It's a really good story:) Loving it...guess what i did at soccer...
sweetie_dude
sweetie_dude
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:17 pm

I'll PM You. =)
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:17 am

ForensicMama wrote:
"I don't mind if you date Bones, but if you break her heart, I'll break you."

Does he believe that himself?
He thinks he won't mind this guy dating his Bones?
We will see about that.....but I think he will mind....
PPS

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:24 am

Thank you. I will soon. Smile
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:55 am

Chapter 3

The team gathered around the fresh remains at the Jeffersonian. Thanks to the fans and the great air filtration system, the building didn't smell half as bad as Booth had imagined it would. The woman's remains, crushed, meaty, juicy, fetid, were laid out as if on some sort of macabre display for all to see. Booth slid his card and hopped onto the platform with York close at his heels. He really liked York. He was a good buddy. But he wanted to bash his head in for some reason. Sure, Bones wasn't his possession, he recognized that. But he hated seeing her with the wrong guy over and over. And York was the wrong guy. He was nice, sure. He was funny, sure. He was strong, sure. OK, he was basically Booth without the "special" before the "agent".

"Anything new?" Booth asked his partner. Bones was leaning over the corpse.

"Female, twenties, brunette, right handed."

"Nice."

"She can tell all of that?" York asked Booth.

"Bones is the best." He smiled down on his partner.

To Connie, Brennan said, "I'll need the skeleton cleaned before I can proceed. Go over the body twice more first." She took off her gloves and took several steps back so she stood beside Booth. "Cam is running the dentals. We could have an identity within the hour if they're on record."

"Wow. You're really good at what you do." York said to her, his blue-green eyes shining.

"Thank you. I suppose that's what happens when you combine an exceptional intelligence with over a decade of schooling." She smiled and put her hands on her hips in a way that Booth thought was really cute.

"She's really humble, too." Booth scoffed.

"I should be proud, Booth. Everything I've achieved I did on my own. Well, almost everything."

"What do you mean?"

"You know... I can't take all of the credit for everything in the past four years. It's been you, too." She smiled sweetly.

"Thanks, Bones."

The group of two followed Brennan to her office where they went through a box of missing persons files Booth brought with him. Some people were too old, some too young, others had been missing too long or too short of time to be the woman they discovered.

"So, how long have you two been partners?" York asked, trying to break the silence.

-"Four years."
-"Four years." They answered in unison.

"Here's one." Brennan held up a file of a woman, twenty-three years old, missing seven weeks prior. "Amy Marshall."

"I've got one, too." Booth held up a file. "Terry Silver."

"Another. Misty Gibbons." She held up a file and added it to the stack on the coffee table.

"That's it." Booth announced.

"I'll take these to Ange for comparison." Bones stood up and walked toward the door.

"I'm gonna get some coffee." Booth said and walked in the opposite direction.

"I'll just follow Dr. Brennan. Get me a coffee?" York jogged after Brennan. Booth clenched his teeth. He hoped this wasn't Sully all over again...
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:57 am

oh please not another Sully.....
I don't want to see Bones with any other guy....
maybe she doesn't like York?
or she already knows that she is in love with Booth?
just don't let her hook up with this guy!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:38 am

Don't worry... I'm all about the fluffy B/B endings...
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:17 am

good to know!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:01 am

Chapter 4

"Where'd Booth go?" Brennan asked as they walked.

"Oh, he went after coffee."

"Oh, ok." She replied as they walked into Brennan's office.

"Hi, Bren. Hey, Booth." Angela said as she glanced their way.

"Name's York."

Angela did a double-take. "Oh, haha... I thought you were Booth. You two look a lot alike. Don't you think so, Bren?"

Brennan looked at him quizzically. "I guess so. Hey, Ange, here are the missing persons files that matched age and time of disappearance. Once you have the facial reconstruction done, you can compare with these photos."

"Thanks, sweetie. Hey, I was going to go to Wong Foo's later on, wanna come?"

"Why not the diner?"

"I'm in the mood for Sid's magic hands to make me a plate of goodness."

"OK, but Booth and I were going to the diner for lunch."

"Just bring him along. You can come, too, York. Got a first name?"

"James."

"Nice to meet you, James." Angela smiled flirtatiously.

"Ange, you're dating Hodgins."

"I've got eyes. You're a very handsome man, James."

"Thanks."

"Listen, Ange, I'll see you later?" Brennan turned and left the room quickly, leaving James and Angela alone.

Angela quickly approached him. "Listen, York, Bren's my best friend and she hasn't dated since Sully, so she needs a good lay."

"Who?"

"Some guy about a year ago."

"Why so long ago?"

"Last year was a BAD year. Plus I think she has a thing for another guy..."

"Who?"

"Never mind. I'm beginning to think nothing will ever happen there... so... Good luck!"
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:22 am

Chapter 5

Constance found her way into Dr. Brennan's office, but was surprised to find Agent Booth there instead. Honestly, she didn't mind. She enjoyed his laid back humor and his handsome features. He was easy to look at, that's for sure.

"Where's Dr. Brennan?" She asked and took a seat beside Booth.

Booth sipped his coffee. "Angela's office." He looked over at the young lady beside him. She was young and beautiful with bright green eyes and straight brown hair. She didn't look like the usual students who came in here. She seemed a little bit older. "How old are you? I hope you don't mind--"

"Twenty-eight. I started school straight out of college, but then I became a mother half way through, took a couple of years off, then I hit the books again."

"You're a mom? I'd never have guessed..."

Connie pulled out a photo from her pocket and handed it over to Booth, who took it into his hand. In the photo was a little girl, around four years old, who looked just like her mother. "She's cute. How old?"

"Bree will be turning five in December."

"Married?" Booth took a sip.

"No... well, we were, but then he left me. Things change, you know?"

"I'm sorry to hear that. I've got a little boy myself. He just turned seven. His name's Parker." Booth showed her the photo in his wallet.

"He's really adorable. He looks like his daddy!"

Booth smiled at her. Constance was really cute. Bright eyes, brown hair... not his usual type... but for some reason, he felt like his type was changing anyway. "Hey... do you wanna get some coffee after work?" Booth asked her.

"I'd love-- Wait, I've got Bree tonight. If you want, we could reschedule?"

"Sure. I'll call you."

Constance smiled and wrote down her number on a piece of paper and handed it to him as Brennan and York walked into the room.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:22 am

ToZiKa wrote:good to know!

It's true... it's true. Wink
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:26 am

it doesn't look like a B/B-happy ending to me......
Bones and York was one thing....but now Booth and Connie too?
I'll just have to trust you when you say that you'll make it all better!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetie_dude Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:46 am

oh boy you're really mixing it up here!!!
sweetie_dude
sweetie_dude
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:57 am

I always make it better in the end... I can't stand to leave B+B apart. It's just WRONG. ROFL
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next