Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Prodigal Son (ForensicMama K+, Angst)

+8
ObsessedOne
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Memphis
smile0303
kruff1998
sweetie_dude
ToZiKa
ForensicMama
12 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Prodigal Son (ForensicMama K+, Angst) - Page 4 Empty Re: The Prodigal Son (ForensicMama K+, Angst)

Post by ForensicMama Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:14 am

Chapter 23

Seeley Booth entered the bathroom and wrapped his arms around his son and girlfriend. A part of him wished that he could say 'son and wife', but putting aside that sting he concentrated on the joy of knowing he held his family in his arms. Titles didn't matter any more. He knew how little titles mattered at that moment. He had asked Temperance to be his wife three times before. Three times she told him no. There was no point in arguing with her. If she finally said yes after an argument, then there would be no victory in that. He wanted her to want to be his wife, true, but family is family. He realized that when he held them close.

A man in a blue button up shirt and a patch on his shoulder that said Fire and Rescue slid into the room along side the couple. His nose scrunched as the smell of fecal waste burned his nostrils. "I'm Tom. I'm an EMT." He held out his hands and took Samuel into his arms. Booth and Brennan followed him into the main room where they laid their son on a stretcher and began taking his vitals.

"What's that for?" Temperance asked worriedly as they started an IV.

"Fluids. He's dehydrated." A paramedic answered.

They lifted the stretcher and began to wheel him into the ambulance. "I want to go with you... please."

The man in the blue uniform must have noticed the desperation in her voice because he relented. "Just one of you."

Seeley pulled her into a hug. "I'll meet you there." She nodded and followed the stretcher outside to the open back doors of the ambulance. Before clamoring into the back, she turned back for one last look at Booth. He was always there for her. Always there for Samuel. He stood a few feet away. His face was blank with weariness and concern. His hands were pushed deep into his pockets and the red lights flickered on his face. The doors closed and an agent banged on the door three times to let the driver know it was safe to go. The ambulance drove to the end of the drive and out to the unpaved main road. The siren was switched on and began to wail into the night. Temperance watched as Booth's figure became a spot in the darkness and then disappeared.

Last edited by ForensicMama on Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

The Prodigal Son (ForensicMama K+, Angst) - Page 4 Empty Re: The Prodigal Son (ForensicMama K+, Angst)

Post by ToZiKa Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:17 am

I really like this chapter!
but did it just change its color?
I thought it was blue.....and now it is kinda red....

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jtcristo Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:51 am

This is such an Amazing story! I am so glad I found it! Great Great Job as Always!

Jtcristo

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:11 am

Thank you both. Yeah I was messing with the colors lol... Smile
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetie_dude Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:05 am

You made a typo:o how could you mama..."yes after an arument, then there would be no victory in that."

I have aruments too.Smile Great job mama. Hope sammy and angela are both okay. And that Bones actually agrees to marry him...because she wants to. love the chapter but i want more...please. my mom's on holidays and i'm going to lose the computer Sad so i want to read as much as i can now.
sweetie_dude
sweetie_dude
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:09 am

Thanks for catching that! I'll try my best to have as much as I can up.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:07 pm

Chapter 24

The ride to the hospital was a long one for Temperance, but not nearly as long and arduous as the journey was from DC to the little town in Delaware. Keeping her thoughts aligned with her son was more difficult than she thought it would be. She watched as his little chest rose and fell, steaming up the mask over his face. The paramedics tried their best to clean him up on the ride to the hospital. They removed his soiled diaper and applied ointment to his bleeding skin. Samuel's energy was drained to the point where he didn't even cry and push the hands away from his behind as he usually did when he had diaper rash.

When they finally arrived, the ambulance slowed and pulled into the little country hospital. Booth wasn't too far behind with his team. A helicopter had been called in, not because Sam's injuries were especially perilous, but because strings were pulled on the part of his father. The thunderous sounds of Life Flight's propellers lifted dust and small rocks into the air, embedding themselves into Brennan and Booth's cheeks as they ran with the suited technicians to the open doors of the helicopter. Neither of them were allowed into the helicopter, as it was at its maximum weight capacity. The technicians paused for a moment to say their good-byes before taking off. Temperance leaned over and kissed her baby boy's lips. He was resting calmly and peacefully. Seeley was next. He stepped up beside Brennan, his left hand on the small of her back, and lifted his other hand and swirled Sam's sandy blond locks on his forehead. He leaned forward and kissed him. He whispered something inaudible that Bones could not hear over the sound of the helicopter's blades just inches over their heads. They stood back and watched as Samuel's little body, in a sea of white sheets, was lifted into the helicopter. The doors were shut and then the whole contraption lifted into the sky, uneasily at first, then it stabilized and took off. The parents listened, paralyzed and quiet, until their ears could no longer detect the WHOOSH-WHOOSH-WHOOSH of the blades.

Temperance looked into Booth's eyes. He was glad to see a weight lifted from her shoulders. "Let's go." She smiled. She almost felt like laughing, as mad as it sounds. Booth reflected that same look back at her. The tension on his face relieved and he was at last able to laugh with relief.

ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetie_dude Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:16 pm

Awe!!! Mama. you are making it happier...slowly but surely...i have a question though. You went and used a big word on me. what does "arduous" mean? *scratches head* i feel dumb. SWEETIE_DUDE IS DUMB!!!

really good chapter though:) thanks for posting more:) you are an awesome MAMA!!!

Last edited by sweetie_dude on Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
sweetie_dude
sweetie_dude
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:19 pm

Difficult. =)
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:20 pm

Chapter 25

Temperance and Seeley walked quickly to the SUV. It seemed like their feet moved with a weightlessness that was not there in the past few days. They settled silently into the SUV, neither wanting to talk. Each of them knowing their son was safe and in the arms of medical professionals.

Bones felt her cell phone buzz on her hip. She fished it out and lifted it to her ear. "Brennan," she replied.

"Temperance?" Cam was still just getting used to the first name thing. Although Bones had insisted it wasn't necessary if she felt uncomfortable with it. She had just as much difficulty with the living as Brennan had most days.

"Cam? Are you OK?" She heard the strain in her voice.

"Angela was in labor."

"She's not even full term yet."

"A week short."

"Is she alright? Has Gabrielle arrived yet?"

"No, but she has given birth."

"What?" Temperance scrunched her forehead. She wasn't very good with metaphor, it was true, but even this seemed like a completely different language to her.

"Listen, I've got to go. I just wanted to let you know that everyone is OK. I'll let Angela tell you everything."

"Thank you, Cam." Brennan heard the phone click. Although Cam's voice seemed almost jovial, she worried that something had gone wrong. It seemed like it was a week of things gone wrong and she couldn't help but to be concerned.

"Everything OK, honey?" Booth asked.

"Yeah. I think so. Angela just gave birth." She suddenly felt as if she missed something very huge. She had wanted to be in the delivery room with Ange. She tried not to worry about Angela or Gabrielle. Instead she turned her head towards the horizon and watched the trees rise and fall before her in the glare of the headlights. She felt a familiar warmth and pressure on her left hand. Booth. There again for her.

"It'll be OK, Bones. Trust me." He winked in her direction.

"I know." She forced a smile to her lips.

Last edited by ForensicMama on Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetie_dude Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:21 pm

Oh!!! FEELS REALLY DUMB...so like the definition of me basically. Why couldn't you just say that?
sweetie_dude
sweetie_dude
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetie_dude Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:22 pm

Awe such a cute chapter. I understood all the words in that one! YAY ME!!! Great job mama. got anymore?
sweetie_dude
sweetie_dude
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:24 pm

LOL Nah! Wink

New Chappie soon!
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetie_dude Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:25 pm

Awesome. so i am arduous. correct?
sweetie_dude
sweetie_dude
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:28 pm

Of course, but only in the very best form of the word! Wink
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetie_dude Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:33 pm

okay that's it. i'm not reading your stories anymore, you are mean:(
sweetie_dude
sweetie_dude
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:09 pm

LOL I don't mind your arduousness. It's part of your lovely personality.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetie_dude Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:10 pm

i have a lovely what LOL jokes...im not that far gone. POST MORE NOW. I want to go to sleep soon:P
sweetie_dude
sweetie_dude
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:30 pm

I didn't get this Gabrielle or giving birth thing....
maybe it is a boy?
I don't know...
PPS

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlia-Wicked-Witch Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:34 pm

whohohooooo 3NEW chapter!!!!!!!!!
You ROCK Mama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But...but...but....post more Please!?
I'm soooooooooooooo glad that Sammy is with Mum&Dad again..whohohohooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16090
Say What You Want : Buena Suerte Y Adios Mis Amigos <3

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:29 am

Thank you! I'll post soon. Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:03 am

Chapter 26

It wasn't until around three in the morning when the two finally pulled into a parking space at Georgetown University Hospital. Both of their bodies badly wanted to fall into warm beds, but adrenaline kept their limbs moving as they trekked through the parkinglot and into the red brick building's main doors.

A woman with fuzzy white hair greeted them at the information desk and pointed them to the third floor: pediatrics. They rode silently through the elevator, hand in hand. The elevator stopped with a jolt and the doors opened, revealing halls that had been decorated with colorful handprints. Anxiety brushed over both of them, although they both tried their hardest to push the feeling away. Room 306 was Samuel's room. The lights were turned on low so that he could rest. The only sound between the four walls was the beeping of a heart monitor.

A middle aged doctor with brown hair and a high hairline was leaning over Samuel checking his respiratory sounds and looked up when he felt their presence. He stood and walked over to them. In a low voice, he spoke, "I'm Dr. Delaney. Don't let the wires and machines scare you. He's doing really well. He's dehydrated and has a few minor wounds, but other than that, he's doing just fine. He does have a severe diaper rash, however. He's not wearing a diaper right now so that the air can get to it. He's laying on an absorbant mat which we're checking regularly. He is on some pain relievers... nothing major... just to help him rest. Other than that... you two are very blessed." He shrugged and then found his way out of the room.

"Yeah, we are, Bones." Booth whispered.

"He looks so helpless..." Booth, who had his hand intertwined with Temperance's, could feel her trembling as she looked on her son. Tears caught the lights of the monitors and glistened as they streaked down her nose.

"Tempe," He hardly ever used that nickname. He turned and pulled her into a hug, her cheek resting on his collar bone. "It's going to be OK. We have Sammy back. We're blessed beyond reason. He's here. He's alive."

"It's just so hard seeing him with all of those monitors attached to him."

"Shh... I know, I know..." He soothed as he rubbed her back. Temperance shook her head mutely, amazed once again at how comforting his arms and scent were to her.

A knock drew both of their heads in the direction of the door...

ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlia-Wicked-Witch Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:22 am

Knock...on the door????
who is it...WHOWHOWHO???????????????
Booth...our knight in shining armor....always there for Tempe....whoho...
Sammy is fineeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16090
Say What You Want : Buena Suerte Y Adios Mis Amigos <3

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetie_dude Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:03 am

awe mama love the chapter. Great job:)
sweetie_dude
sweetie_dude
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:18 am

Chapter 27

The door was ajar for several seconds before a man, who stood about five foot seven, with curly blondish hair entered the room.

"Hodgins!" Booth said. They were both surprised to see him there. Temperance had forgotten about Angela in the past several minutes.

"How's Ange?" She asked.

Jack's sober expression quickly faded into a huge grin. "She's fine."

"I didn't know that Angela was supposed to deliver here."

"This one was closest, so we just came here." He shrugged. "Angie wanted me to find you. I found out you guys were here. I'd say it was a conspiracy, but..."

"Yeah, I pulled a few strings." Booth shrugged.

"I knew it, man!" Jack laughed.

"How's Gabrielle?" Brennan asked.

"There's no Gabrielle."

"What?" She could feel hear heart screeching to a hault.

"There's a Gabriel, though."

"What?" Temperance could feel her eyes bugging out of her head.

"What? Congratulations, Hodgins!" Booth pulled the man into a hug. He released him and then patted on his back several times.

"Tempie has a brother!" Hodgins put his hands on his hips and shook his head, his grin stretching from ear to ear. "Apparently what the sonographer thought was an umbilical cord WAS NOT an umbilical cord. That's my boy!" The group laughed lightly, then Jack's eyes caught the boy in the bed. "Oh, hey, how's Sam?"

"Uh," Temperance swallowed hard before speaking, "He's dehydrated, has minor contusions, and a severe case of diaper rash, but other than that, he's fine."

"That's awesome! I'm so glad. Hey, do you wanna see Gabe?"

"Sure." Temperance took several steps, then looked back at Samuel. "Wait, I, uh--"

"Bones, don't worry about it. I'll stay here with Sam. You go see the new baby." Booth winked at her. She smiled and followed Hodgins through the door and into the NICU.

ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next