Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Prodigal Son (ForensicMama K+, Angst)

+8
ObsessedOne
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Memphis
smile0303
kruff1998
sweetie_dude
ToZiKa
ForensicMama
12 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Prodigal Son (ForensicMama K+, Angst) - Page 3 Empty Re: The Prodigal Son (ForensicMama K+, Angst)

Post by kruff1998 Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:16 pm

1st...yeah!!! you did promise it would be ok...I know we aren't done yet

didn't you have your stories on computer before posting then

wow won't they even let you read them? Crazy
kruff1998
kruff1998
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

The Prodigal Son (ForensicMama K+, Angst) - Page 3 Empty Re: The Prodigal Son (ForensicMama K+, Angst)

Post by ForensicMama Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:26 pm

Thank you Kruff for reading. Yeah I'll have more up soon!!!
Oh I didn't save them on my computer b/c I'm always going between the two desktops and three laptops (rofl... computer geek hubby)...
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetie_dude Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:40 pm

So you want me to send the Twist in twaler?
sweetie_dude
sweetie_dude
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1887

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:44 pm

That would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetie_dude Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:45 pm

I can't do the sequel...some of it got deleted I think...because there are deleted messages after like the 8th chapter. Sorry mama. I tried.
sweetie_dude
sweetie_dude
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:17 pm

That's OK! Thank you so much for everything!!! I love you
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetie_dude Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:23 pm

You're very welcome:) It's a shame that we couldn't get the sequel to the other one. Because I was actually in the middle of reading the twist in the trawler. Oh well what can you do...
sweetie_dude
sweetie_dude
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:38 pm

LOL I'm so sorry that you had to miss out on that... I really liked my sequels. Smile
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:00 pm

I really liked the new chapters.
but I thin it would be a good idea to talk about the rest through pm's or in the IHBFC.
it's hard to read a story like that!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by smile0303 Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:57 am

I got the e-mail from Sweetie_dude but only have limited e-mail access. Then I came on this site and found the story I had asked about. It's a great story and hope you still continue this and others for the lurkers (like me)

smile

smile0303
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 171
Location : somewhere in the great state of corruption i.e. ILLINOIS
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:09 am

Thank you! I'll add more chapters today! Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:29 am

Chapter 20

Over a hill in a hallow, the team of FBI agents assembled. Across the hill was a small shanty beside a railroad track. It was made up of plywood and two by fours. The shack almost seemed to be held up by an imaginary force, for its lack of nails and a proper frame. That familiar red Ford pickup was parked outside of it. Movement within. A light that moved from side to side, as if a lamp had been bumped, causing its luminescence to ricochet from the walls of the small apartment.

Agent White, Agent York, an old familiar friend named Charlie, Agent Booth, Dr. Brennan, were there among others. Many were not even involved in the case, but Seeley Booth was one of those guys. He was cheerful and funny. He loved to joke with his colleagues. He made friends easily. Brothers. They were brothers, and they stood up for one another... especially when tragedy hit home in a very personal way, the way that it had with Agent Booth's family.

Booth pulled a black bulletproof vest over his navy blue FBI jacket and locked the clasps securely in front of his chest. He slid them into one another carefully, so as to keep the snap from causing an obnoxious click which would carry itself on the wind into the ears of the fugitive in the hovel. Temperance was quick to seize a spare vest and throw her arms through the armholes.

"What are you doing?" Seeley whispered harshly to her.

"I'm going in with you." Her voice was emphatic and absolute. She had made the decision and there was no arguing with her.

"Stay behind. I can't lose you." Booth drew the cold night air into his lungs, filling them and stretching his chest. He felt faint and let the air out. Nervous. He was nervous. A part of him was afraid of what he would see. He knew from the nature of the cases before that the children were kept like animals in wire cages. He also knew from past cases that the children were abused horribly and murdered capriciously. Would his son be alive? Would he be dead? He tried his best to prepare himself for what he would see within those four walls.

Booth rose two fingers in the air, catching the eye of every agent. He made a quick gesture with his wrist, letting every man know it was time to move in. Silently, as if their feet were woven from silk, they slid around the hut, finding their starting points. Some behind exits, some beneath windows, some on the roof, and with the most experienced agents at the door.

Booth could feel his head pounding with anticipation. The blood throbbed. THROB-THROB-THROB like the sound of an echo cardiogram, catching the sonance of blood bursting through the veins and arteries in his head and ears. He held his gun firmly in his right hand and held out his hand for the final motion which would trigger the sudden influx of agents into the lair.

Last edited by ForensicMama on Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:00 am; edited 2 times in total
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:53 am

Chapter 21

Special Agent Seeley Booth lifted his hand and made a gesture to the man behind him. The message was quickly spread throughout the team. Booth slipped out his hand and quietly turned the handle. Locked. He leaned back on his left leg and snapped his right leg out, toppling the door over with a violent crash. Shards of wood and particles of dust filled the room with a cloud of white. The team spilled into the hovel. Les and Reed, the kidnappers at large, jumped to their feet, completely taken off guard. Reed dropped the cards and his arms flailed in the air. The other man was quicker to respond to the onslaught. He leaped through a nearby window where he was immediately pummeled to the ground by a young strong agent who was overseeing the back of the shanty.

Bones was not too far behind. Her eyes searched the little room for her son. It wasn't a large room, so her search was quickly over and her heart sunk below the dusty floorboards. They were too late. They were too late. Booth saw the panic on Temperance's face and also searched the room for the cage, for the boy, for any sign of life. His first reaction was fury. He flew at the man in front of him, snatching him by the collar and throwing his body like that of a rag doll's against the wall. "Where is he?" He growled. If it was possible, his eyes would be burning like the red embers of fire--spitting, popping, searing. The man only laughed in his face, which was like throwing fuel into the fire. Booth pulled the man back and then smashed the man into the wall harder. He doubled up his fist and slugged him. The impact threw his body onto the the floor. He was a marionette at the hands of a very large and very angry father.

Brennan stepped into the man's eyesight. "Where is Samuel? Where is my son!?" The mans' eyes gleamed with fury, pain, and sheer callous. Not many men flashed such a look at Temperance Brennan without feeling the effects in the morning. She stood up quickly and struck at him with her boot, the collision causing two of his ribs to snap like twigs. He relented when the pain shot through his body. He pointed towards the little restroom door. There was no handle, just a hole where one belonged. Temperance pushed against the door with her shoulder. Something behind it kept the door from swinging freely with her weight. A cold shiver ran through her spine. She feared the worse. Was it a child's body that lay in the way? She pushed firmly and gently until just enough of a crack was created where she could peek around the door.

The cage. It was a cage. She breathed with relief and pushed again. Inside of the malodorous latrine was a rusty cage. And within the cage was a little body. Her hands shook as she quickly untwisted the wires which held the wire door to the wire cage. She reached deep into the cage until her hands met the cold little body. She pulled him to hear heart. Seeing her son with his face and hair caked in filth, his body punctured with thousands of tiny cuts, and his diaper full of feces and urine caused her heart to ache with pain of guilt and sadness. Tears of elation and joy were mixed with those of heartache, which often comes at the end of a very unsteady road.

Last edited by ForensicMama on Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:00 am; edited 2 times in total
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetie_dude Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:11 am

wow mama. that made me cry. Please make sammy okay. You are doing awesome with the story. Guess who's sick again...me:(

But great job. Keep up the good work. I liked your old signature better. The one you have now is awesome but bad for people with weak stomachs. Then again if you watch Bones you can't have a weak stomach lol.

sweetie_dude
sweetie_dude
sweetie_dude
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Memphis Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:25 pm

Yay...I found it!!! Hey mama!!! Hey sweetie_dude/cole!!!! Very Happy...gawsh...i just read the rest of the chapters that I have missed...LOVED it...can't wait to read more!! You're an amazing writer mama!!!
Memphis
Memphis
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 154
Say What You Want : Hmm..I'm very down to earth!! I'm in LOVE with Justin Timberlake! Music is my life!! I'm learning how to play guitar! I'm very opinionated and I speak my mind. Anything else?? Just ask....
Registration date : 2008-07-19

http://www.myspace.com/ginalanae

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:22 pm

Hi Memphis chick!!!!!! It's great to put a face to the name!!! Very Happy Thank you for the compliments!!! Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:50 pm

Chapter 22

Fear. Dread. Panic. Terror. For a moment, as Temperance held Samuel's limp body, she did not allow herself to breathe. His long blond lashes fluttered, then a crystalline blue eye peeped from beneath his grayish pink lid, then slid in the back of his head. The act itself to lift and lower his lid took far too much energy from his fatigued body. She allowed herself to draw oxygen through her gaping mouth. When the breath was released, so was emotion like a torrent. She sobbed and drew the boy close to her face, wanting to never let him go again. She kissed his chubby little cheeks. "Mommy's here, Sammy. Mommy's here." Samuel's cheek rested on her shoulder. She drew in his scent. It was the same scent. The scent of lilacs and dandelions. The scent of dust and dirt. The scent of Tonka trucks in the sand and the smell of his sweet baby breath. She remembered every nuance of the way his warm arms felt around her neck. And, for perhaps the first time in her life, she whispered her thanks to God.

Booth pushed his way into the bathroom. Temperance turned her head. That glimmer of pure bliss in her sapphire eyes twinkled back at him. He let his lips curl into a smile. For the first time in days his face relaxed. The folds of his cheeks and forehead, once drawn tightly together like the ruffle of flamenco dancer's skirt, softened and lifted. He knew that sparkle in her eyes. He had seen it once before.

He remembered that day and would forever. He held his left hand beneath Bones' shoulder as she bore down and pushed. Her head was slick with sweat. She relaxed her upper body, not believing she could push any more. Temperance had been pushing for hours. Samuel was posterior, meaning his head was facing upward, making it harder for him to maneuver through the birth canal. Dr. Woodridge was quick to order a nurse to have the ER prepared in case of a Cesarean Section. In her weakness, she clasped her fingers beneath her thighs and pushed one more time. At last, Samuel slid into the world. He writhed his bloody body, still attached to his mother by a rope of umbilical cord. That first time he laid eyes on Samuel... so small... so perfect... so wrinkly! He laughed with relief as the doctor laid him on his mother's chest. Temperance let her hands rise and touch her new son. Mother and father met eyes. There was that glimmer. That glimmer of hope, that glimmer of love, that glimmer of joy.

There was no doubt in her mind, the moment Samuel entered the world, that there was a such thing as love. Falling in love with Seeley Booth was one thing, but falling in love with a person she had only seen for a second was yet another. And there they stood. On either side of a dark, dank, fetid bathroom, with a rusting cage between them. They held each other's gazes in the dimness of the night as the red lights of an ambulance flashed on their faces.

Last edited by ForensicMama on Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:59 am; edited 4 times in total
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Memphis Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:37 pm

yay...just beautiful!!! I love it!!! you're welcome for the comments..Very Happy I'm glad that I decided to check once more tonight for an update...I was just about to go to bed..but then I would have missed this!!! lol...thanks!!
Memphis
Memphis
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 154
Say What You Want : Hmm..I'm very down to earth!! I'm in LOVE with Justin Timberlake! Music is my life!! I'm learning how to play guitar! I'm very opinionated and I speak my mind. Anything else?? Just ask....
Registration date : 2008-07-19

http://www.myspace.com/ginalanae

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:32 pm

they got him back.....thank god.....
I hope he is alright.....and Angela and her baby too....
maybe they will all meet in the hospital....

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlia-Wicked-Witch Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:56 pm

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh AWESOME story....made me almost cry...............but I loved it..I'm so happy that they got Sammy back...whohohooooo.....
PPS?!
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16090
Say What You Want : Buena Suerte Y Adios Mis Amigos <3

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetie_dude Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:35 am

great chapter mama. was really good:)
sweetie_dude
sweetie_dude
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:18 am

Thank you all! I'll be posting more chapters today!!! Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ObsessedOne Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:24 am

FOUND IT!
Haha, I wondered were you went Mama!

ObsessedOne

Number of posts : 1
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges - Still Cool
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:18 am

Hi Obsessed One!!! Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetie_dude Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:50 am

Hey obsessed SWEETIE here!!! Glad you got on and MAMA love this story it's awesome. Can we have more soon?
sweetie_dude
sweetie_dude
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next