Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LIFE OF EMILY ERIN - K+ - Family, Angst - 4th of the series-Meegs

3 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

THE LIFE OF EMILY ERIN - K+ - Family, Angst - 4th of the series-Meegs - Page 5 Empty Re: THE LIFE OF EMILY ERIN - K+ - Family, Angst - 4th of the series-Meegs

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:19 pm

tozika:

Okay I know, that I say it every single time, but poor emily!
Now she is even loosing her hair.....but at least they have found Max.....maybe he can help her....
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

THE LIFE OF EMILY ERIN - K+ - Family, Angst - 4th of the series-Meegs - Page 5 Empty Re: THE LIFE OF EMILY ERIN - K+ - Family, Angst - 4th of the series-Meegs

Post by fanofbones Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:30 am

bumping this for me so I can read when I get home...

hugs mdawg...so sorry about your grandma and saying prayers for your dad...
I'm so behind on my fics....
I have missed everyone...July was a tough month....but I'm easing my way back....

fab
fanofbones
fanofbones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2287
Say What You Want : What if I have nothing to say? Huh?
Don't push me....

Back to top Go down

Post by fanofbones Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:07 am

god mdawg...I forgot how sad this was.....well, its still wonderful
I'm still in love with story....sad or not....
I can't imagine going thru something like this with a child...it makes me want to hug my 22 year-old and realized how lucky I am....

hugs woman, sorry you had to move back to Colorado.....
more soon when you can sweetie....
you rock

fab
fanofbones
fanofbones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2287
Say What You Want : What if I have nothing to say? Huh?
Don't push me....

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:22 pm

I am reposting this chapter by chapter on FFnet. And I am FINALLY getting back to it. So, those of you interested, check it out at FFnet, or go ahead and read everything I have written so far right here. I will have more up soon.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:17 am

And if *anyone* is still interested, I will now be posting more in the next week. This story kinda got away from me, meaning that I didn't expect it to be so time consuming. I had to do A LOT of research and it's just so tedious. So, I understand if I lost some readers. But, for those of you still out there, expect more soon. I am up to page 97 in Word. I can't even believe that...97 pages!!! And I'm *still* not done! I have a few chapters left to write, but I have some new stuff to post here soon.

Please let me know if you are still interested. Thanks!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:42 am

Well, here is the next chapter. Don't know if anyone is still reading, but I'm gonna still post. Here ya go:

CHAPTER 22

~~~~~SEPTEMBER 27, 2014~~~~~

The house was modern with a soft yellow hue of paint. 3 steps led up to the front porch that included a swing and a table and chairs. A newspaper sat on the table along with an ashtray, complete with 3 cigarette butts. Brennan made note of this and wondered if her father had taken up smoking in his new life. Around the right side of the house was a short drive that ended at a detached one-car garage.

She stood on the lawn for what seemed like an eternity. She had gone over what she was going to say perhaps a thousand times on the plane and yet, she was still nervous. She had no idea if he would even be a match; Booth could lose his job; her father’s safety could be at risk because of her visit. She had thought through everything in her mind and nothing could outweigh the health of her baby girl. This was for Emily. Although, in the back of her mind, Brennan couldn’t deny that she had missed her father.

Brennan took one last look at the house, took a deep breath, and proceeded up the steps. She jabbed the button on the door and heard a pair of chimes within. 20 seconds passed. Nothing. Brennan punched the doorbell again, sighing as the tension in her chest began to rise. She had checked with the barber shop and he wasn’t working today. But she hadn’t even considered that he wouldn’t be home. Another 30 seconds passed in silence. Brennan peered through the glass on the door. The entryway was empty, except for a lamp table.

“Great,” Brennan said aloud. She tried the doorknob, but it was locked. She couldn’t believe it; he wasn’t home. She turned from the door and walked to the swing. *I can wait all day* she thought as she took a seat.

She was about to pick up the paper when a green Subaru pulled into the driveway. Brennan stood and turned, her palms resting on her hips. She walked a few feet towards the steps and stopped in her tracks.

Max Keenan…Henry Fisher got out of the driver’s seat as a woman with long, blonde hair got out of the passenger’s seat.

Max opened the back door and grabbed a plastic grocery bag before turning towards the house.

“It’s okay, Nan, I’ll get that done later,” he said to the woman as he made his way to the front steps.

Father and daughter stood frozen in time, Brennan on the porch, Max on the lawn. It was the first time she had laid eyes on her father in nearly 7 years. Although she had gone longer than that without seeing him, he was a sight for sore eyes. She must have been too, because Max had to fight the tears forming in his eyes.

The moment didn’t last as “Nan” reached Max on the lawn.

She saw Brennan and startled. “Um, can we…help you?” she inquired, her eyes wide.

Brennan hesitated, completely unprepared. She opened her mouth to speak, but Max cut her off.

“Julianne. Oh wow, am I late?” Max blurted as he twisted his watch around.

Brennan, albeit confused, went with it.

“Only slightly…late,” she managed to say as her heart skipped two beats.

“Sorry, Nancy, this is Julianne from uh…oh hell, I was gonna make it a surprise, but you know that house over on Cherry Hills Drive?” Max said as he smiled at Nancy.

Nancy’s face had not changed much over the past 30 seconds. “Uh, yeah?”

“Well, I was going to make an offer and Julianne is here to go over the details,” Max explained, darting a glance over at his daughter.

Brennan swallowed hard and walked down the steps. “Hi. Julianne Booth…man, Boothman,” Brennan said with a quick catch of her breath as she reached her hand out to Nancy.

“Nancy Steele, nice to meet you. Henry? Are you sure we can afford this?” she asked, a half smile on her face.

“Well, that’s why Julianne is here. I’m so sorry, Julianne. I must have gotten the time confused. I apologize,” Max offered as he turned to get another good look at his daughter.

“It’s alright, I haven’t been waiting long,” Brennan replied, forcing a half smile herself.

“Nancy, why don’t you get started with the hors de oeuvres while Julianne and I get some things accomplished,” Max suggested, handing the grocery bag to Nancy. He then turned to Brennan. “We’re having a dinner party.”

“Uh, sure. Henry, I am in shock. Happy, of course, but still,” Nancy replied as she took the bag and gave Max a kiss on the cheek.

“Well, nothing is settled yet, just need to talk about some things,” Max replied as he returned a quick peck to Nancy’s cheek. He stole a glance at Brennan in an attempt to gauge her reaction…to which he was unsuccessful.

“Sure. Uh, thank you, Julianne. Hopefully, I’ll be seeing more of you,” Nancy replied, turning to Brennan as she smiled.

“Yes. It was nice to meet you,” Brennan replied, not quite sure what to make of her father’s story. *He’s living with a woman? Is he married?* she couldn’t help but think.

Nancy made her way to the front door and waved back at Max and Brennan. They watched her until she had shut the door and then turned back to look at each other. They each wore a soft smile, both hiding tears.

“The park across the street has a picnic table,” Max offered.

Brennan nodded slightly and followed her father silently across the street, knowing they couldn’t really talk until they were well out of sight of Nancy.

They walked side by side until they reached the picnic table. Max turned to Brennan and smiled again.

“It’s good to see you,” he informed her.

Brennan stood in silence as she regarded her father and after a few seconds, she stepped forward and embraced him, squeezing him tight.

“It’s good to see you, too, Dad,” she said as she closed her eyes.

Max returned the hug and he could tell from her body language that something was wrong. Where she lacked intuition, Max made up for it tenfold.

A crease formed in Max’s brow and he broke the embrace. “Honey, what’s wrong?” he asked, keeping a grip on Brennan’s left arm. He knew it had to be serious if she had found him.

Brennan fought back the sting of tears and she took a long, deep breath.

“It’s Emily,” Brennan began, “she’s sick. She has a rare form of leukemia,” and Brennan’s voice caught in her throat as the first tear escaped. “Sh-she needs a stem cell transplant and everyone we know has been tested and none…” another tear, “none of us are a match,” she sputtered before closing her eyes to allow the tears to spill.

She didn’t even have to ask. “I’m on the next flight out with you.”

Alrighty, there you are. If anyone is reading, let me know. If not, I'll just be posting for the fun of it.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:43 am

Can anyone explain to me WHY the text is all screwed up on that post?!?! I just copied and pasted from Word...it's never done that.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5