Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colors-The Amos Lee Series

4 posters

Go down

Colors-The Amos Lee Series Empty Colors-The Amos Lee Series

Post by willgirl Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:59 am

A/N: Ana G and I are back! This is Colors, the second in the Amos Lee series. If you haven't listened to Amos Lee, you should! So fantastic! Anyway, we hope you enjoy.

The metal was cold against his hands. A breeze swept through the air that caused him to shiver. But he didn't move from his spot, his eyes trained on the brick building in front of him. He had been leaning against his car for the last hour and a half, a task that his partner would have deemed completely illogical. When in fact his partner was why he was here. He blinked back the moisture in his eyes, atrributing it to the stinging cold rather than the events of the previous hours.

He was limbo, not sure whether to stay or go, not sure whether to acquiese to her request or not. After all, he was a man who didn't back down easily. He liked to fight for things, fight until he got what he wanted. But what do you do when your parter of six years, girlfriend for two of those, turns to you and tells you to get out of her life?

The flush in her face, angry red creeping up the column of her throat. The flash of blue fire in her eyes as the argument had escalated. His head fell back and he closed his eyes against the weight of the memory. She had meant it. At least he thought she did. But every time he reached into his pocket for his keys, ready to walk away like she said that she wanted, his feet wouldn't move.

Instead, he stood in the cold, looking up at the warm glow drifting from her window while he tried to understand what had happened. How an argument over something insignificant, stupid even, had turned so bad so quickly. From the moment the door had slammed behind him, and the mad rush turned into real silence, he had been going over every angle, torn between wanting to lay the blame at her feet and wanting to go back, bang on the door until she let him inside long enough to say that he was sorry for whatever he had done.

Their relationship was a strange one to say the least, one he didn't quite understand himself. They came together in the way he always thought they would; in the middle of a fight they began tearing off their clothes and irrevocably their relationship had changed forever. But even two years later, she held him at arm's distance, never letting him stay over too many nights in a row, desperate to avoid any domesticity that came with their relationship. She loved him, he knew that. In fact she told him before he told her. But there was always something stopping her from going farther.

At first he tried to push, but after getting unsatisfactory results, he decided that he could adjust and be happy with her in what ever way she would give him.

He couldn't live without her.

And therefore he put up with all the inconveniences and quirks that came along with their relationship.

He sighed and shifted against the car, recognizing the lie as soon as it entered his head. It was the same one that he'd been telling himself for awhile now. It wasn't enough. Each time that he compromised his feelings and stepped back to give her the space that she demanded, he was the one left alone. And he was tired of moving back and forth between the bright, unbelievable moments of happiness to being forced back into the shadows.

Maybe it was time. All or nothing.

But if it was truly that black and white, and the choice had been made, why did he feel like the world had still faded into gray?

His eyes returned to her window, as if somehow the answer would appear in the lighted square. He saw a shadow glide across its surface, watched as it vanished. Wondered if she was still wearing the red dress she'd worn for their date that night or if she had changed into those ugly blue flannel pajamas he always teased her about.

He rubbed his eyes and shifted against the car again. He was exhausted. Their fights lately had worn him down. Maybe that's why he had turned and left tonight so easily. He pulled his keys out of his pocket and turned, heading to the drivers side of the car. It was time to leave. Maybe he would take a vacation, ask for a transfer, anything that would allow him not to have his entire life revolve around her. It was too much.

Opening the car door, he took one more tentative glance up at the window. The light was still on. Was she watching him? Wondering what he was going to do? Well she won. She had finally pushed him hard enough to leave. He slid into the seat and put the keys into the ignition, before resting his forehead on the steering wheel.

God, he was stupid. He was doing exactly what she wanted and yet he couldn't at the same time. He could ask for a dozen transfers and yet he would still feel her lips against his. See her lazy smile when she was truly relaxed, watch as an uncharacteristic giggle escaped her lips.

She would follow him any place he went, he knew that. You didn't escape love that easily, not even when it jerked the heart right out of your chest and stomped on it just for good measure. Not when it was the real thing anyway. And she was it for him.

Though, apparently, he wasn't for her.

That was the thought that made him reach for the seatbelt, mumbling to himself about being a man and sucking it up. Enough already. Tell himself that enough times, he figured, and maybe he would start to believe it.

His hand closed over the keys dangling from the ignition and he was willing himself to turn them, so lost in the effort that he failed to notice the shadow that passed across the windshield in front of him. The click of the door handle was like a shot in the heavy silence, and he tensed, reflexively reaching for his weapon before he saw her framed in the open passenger door.

He froze.

She was wearing the ratty old flannel pajamas that he'd imagined, her hair falling from the makeshift knot she had haphazardly fashioned. Her face was devoid of makeup, her eyes red and swollen, the skin of her cheeks blotchy were he knew she had pushed away the tears as if they were the enemy. And god help him, it was the most beautiful sight he'd ever seen.

He remained still as she slid into the seat and carefully closed the door after her. She didn't speak, didn't look in his direction, her eyes fixed on the darkness outside the glass in front of her. He didn't understand what this meant, didn't dare to hope, knowing that he wouldn't be strong enough to retrace the steps back to accepting her decision.

When she turned to him, opened her mouth to speak, his throat constricted around the certainty that she was only here to tell again to go. Then he saw the tremor in her lower lip, watched as her mouth tightened into a closed line. Her eyes widened as they locked onto his, and she tilted her head slightly to the side. And with that simple gesture, one that he had seen a hundred times before, he knew without doubt what she had come to say.
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Colors-The Amos Lee Series Empty Re: Colors-The Amos Lee Series

Post by ToZiKa Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:17 am

I so hope that she came to say that she is sorry.......
very good!
I love it!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by fanofbones Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:50 am

OMG, I'm completely in love with this series....it is fantastic and beautifully written...I was hoping for another song to listen to....but it was awesome just the same....
~She would follow him any place he went, he knew that. You didn't escape love that easily, not even when it jerked the heart right out of your chest and stomped on it just for good measure. Not when it was the real thing anyway. And she was it for him.~ perfection...so true to life line....amazing

this is amazing
more more more more

fab
fanofbones
fanofbones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2287
Say What You Want : What if I have nothing to say? Huh?
Don't push me....

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:54 am

omg.........i have been looking for this for the longest time.............ahhhhhhhhhh and i found it........that was absolutely brilliant you two...........so intense and emotional............oh the descriptions........it was really great...........and i am getting used to the fact that you two were also abused children and cant stand to see booth and brennan happy.....so cant beat em........join em...........all is good..........and will be able to handle anything you deal to me...........except any kind of death..........that is a no no....and i will not take that lightly...........so go ahead and write your angsty feeling stuff.............will always read......cause you two rock.............and if this one chap is any indication of how wonderawesome the next ones will be..........i am truly excited for more................so when is the next one???????? huh...........
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 35708

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: