Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LIFE OF EMILY ERIN - K+ - Family, Angst - 4th of the series-Meegs

3 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

THE LIFE OF EMILY ERIN - K+ - Family, Angst - 4th of the series-Meegs Empty THE LIFE OF EMILY ERIN - K+ - Family, Angst - 4th of the series-Meegs

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:11 pm

Here it is. I've been blabbing about this for a couple of months and now that I have the trilogy all posted, I am posting the 4th installment. If you haven't gotten caught up on the trilogy, check out the links below:

Part 1: 25 Simple Words
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Part 2: Regarding Parker

Part 3: Weddings Of The Year

Seriously, don't start reading this unless you have read the other installments!

And now, the first chapter of the BRAND NEW fic! Please REVIEW!!!
CHAPTER 1

~~~~~SEPTEMBER 2, 2014~~~~~

“No! I don’t wanna!” a little boy screeched, plopping to the grass as he grabbed desperately for the legs of the woman standing next to him.

“Baby boy, you have to go,” the woman replied as she bent down to pry the child from her calves.

“But Mama!” he protested as he gripped his little fingers more tightly around her knees.

“Sweetie, I promise that Daddy and I will be back soon. And you get to play with Emily and you get to meet a lot of other little boys and girls,” the woman explained to the now nearly-crying child as she succeeded in removing his arms from her legs. She bent down and swept him up into her arms, brushing the lone tear from his cheek.

“Where’s Emwy, Mama?” the little boy asked.

The woman glanced around. “That…my sweet, is a very good question,” she replied, a look of confusion on her face.

“Where are they?” a man asked as he took his place next to the woman.

“Oh, Emily probably found some way to tie them up,” the woman replied, rubbing the little boy’s back as she spoke.

They both looked around them. 10 yards away, parents were leading their kids into a school building that read “Lafayette Elementary School,” which was where they needed to be in a matter of minutes.

“What’s up with you, tiger?” the man asked the boy as he reached forward and grabbed him from his mother’s arms. “What’s that sad face I see, huh?” he asked as he gently flicked the little boy’s bottom lip with his index finger. “No sad faces on the first day of school,” he exclaimed as he threw the little boy into the air and caught him.

In spite of himself, the little boy erupted into a fit of giggles.

“Daddy, put me down!” the little boy sputtered through his laughter.

With a bright smile on his face, the father obeyed his son and placed him firmly on the ground.

The woman glanced at her watch, fidgeting slightly.

“10 minutes. The kids are supposed to be sitting in that classroom in 10 minutes. Where on earth are they?” the woman pondered aloud.

“Davey!” a little girl’s voice shrilled through the air.

“Emwy!” the little boy responded as he jumped towards her and they fell to the ground, arms around each other.

“Sorry we’re late, Angela,” Booth began, “Emily decided it would be fun to see if toothpaste would work to wash her hair,” he explained as he looked down at his daughter, whose head of dark ringlets was still wet from the massive washing it had just undergone.

“Daddy, you said it cleans teef, so I thought it would clean my hair, too,” Emily explained in a logical Brennanesque tone as she looked at her dad, her blue-gray eyes sparkling mischievously.

“Well, that makes sense, doesn’t it, Dad?” Hodgins offered.

“It makes no sense at all. But try telling that to a 5 year old,” Brennan said as she walked up with a doll in her hand.

“I don’t want Dora, mommy! I’m a big girl ‘cause I’m going to kindy-garden and I don’t need stupid Dora,” Emily informed her mother as she folded her arms and threw her chin into the air and away from Brennan.

“Last week, she didn’t go anywhere without Dora and now…” Brennan said as she sighed.

“Yeah, well, it’s better than being glued to it forever. Look at Davey’s Spiderman tucked in his pocket,” Angela whispered as she pointed to her son’s pants, which were now covered in grass stains as he had taken to making dirt castles while Emily threw grass at him.

“Hey! Stop throwing gwass at me! Mama!” Davey whined as he got up and walked the few feet to his mother.

“Emily, stop throwing grass at him. That’s not nice,” Booth intervened as he brushed the dirt and grass from her hands.

Emily giggled. “It was fun.”

As Booth brushed, he noticed a tinge of purple underneath Emily’s sleeve. He turned her hand over and pushed the sleeve up, revealing a quarter sized bruise.

“What did you do, Emmy?” Booth asked his daughter, concern evident on his face.

Emily looked down at her arm and scrunched her face. “I don’t know,” she said as she shrugged.

“You always have a new bump or bruise, huh, kiddo?” Booth said, bending his head to kiss his daughter’s arm.

“That tickles, Daddy,” Emily responded as she pulled her arm away.

“Okay, you two. Time for school,” Hodgins said as he ruffled his son’s head of neverending blonde curls.

“Remember, we’ll be here to get you when school is out, okay?” Brennan said as she leaned down to Emily and brushed the remaining smudge of dust from her cheek.

“I know, Mommy,” Emily said as she rolled her eyes.

“Hey, what did we say about rolling our eyes?” Brennan asked her, her lips pursed and her eyes piercing.

Emily matched her mother’s expression. “That it’s not nice and it’s diswespectul,” Emily replied, nearly rolling her eyes again as she spoke.

“Right. Now give Mommy and Daddy a hug and go have fun,” Brennan said as she opened her arms.

Emily hesitated for a moment, but then burst forward and jumped into Brennan’s arms. She squeezed as she stroked Emily’s hair. She had a hold of her for only a second before Emily wriggled free.

“Okay, I’ll have fun,” she replied, bouncing into Booth’s arms as she spoke.

“Alright, pumpkin. Take it easy on the other girls, okay? Not all of them are as…spunky as you,” Booth said as he hugged.

“I’m spunky!” Emily shouted as she threw her bruised arm in the air and pointed to the sky, her eyes sparkling as she giggled.

The adults couldn’t keep from smiling. Spunky was just the beginning of Emily Erin Booth.

“Pwomise to hold my hand, Emwy?” Davey asked, a slight whine in his voice as his lower lip sagged a bit.

“Pwomise!” Emily replied as she grabbed his hand. His eyes lit up and his frown turned into a smile.

Brennan and Angela looked to their counterparts and took hold of their children’s hands and led them up the steps; Brennan on the left, Emily holding her hand, Davey holding Emily’s hand, and Angela holding Davey’s. Brennan and Angela looked to each other and smiled.

“And you have to pwomise to play with me, kay?” Davey said, looking at Emily.

“I told you I pwomise! Geesh!” Emily said, exasperated at having to repeat herself. She had taken to using “geesh” when she was a mere 18 months old and she still hadn’t gotten sick of it.

Brennan smirked and Angela smiled as they walked their kids into their first day of kindergarten.
“I hope Davey makes it through the day,” Angela said as she took a sip of coffee. She was clearly quite worried.

“Oh, don’t worry, Ang. Emily will take good care of him,” Brennan replied, smiling at her best friend from across the table at the Royal Diner.

“I know she will. She always does. He’s just so…sweet. And sensitive and loving. I think he’s 90% Jack and 10% me,” Angela said, smirking slightly.

Brennan chuckled. “I honestly don’t know where she gets her, shall we say, ‘spunkiness?’” Brennan said as she smiled.

“You’re not much of a genius, are you?” Angela offered.

Brennan’s brow furrowed. “What is that supposed to mean?” she inquired.

“I would bet money that YOU were exactly like HER when you were in kindergarten. Thank God she has some Booth in her,” Angela replied, rolling her eyes dramatically.

“Ha-ha. I wasn’t that…stubborn,” Brennan replied, staring at Angela defiantly.

“Oh please!” Angela replied as her face scrunched and her eyes rolled again.

“What? I…wasn’t. I was a spirited child, but I was not as stubborn as my daughter,” Brennan attempted to explain.

Angela shot her a skeptical look.

Brennan opened her mouth halfway as she glared at her friend, who quite obviously knew her better than she knew herself. After another second, Brennan sighed.

“Okay, fine,” Brennan conceded as she now rolled her eyes. “I suppose I WAS that stubborn,” she confessed.

“Of course you were, sweetie,” Angela replied, reaching forward and squeezing Brennan’s hands.

Brennan snickered as she smiled.

“Getting excited?” she asked Angela.

“I think ‘nervous’ is a more appropriate word,” Angela replied, releasing her grip on Brennan’s hands and leaning back in her chair.

“Why are you nervous?” Brennan asked.

“What did you do when your first book came out? Wait, I think I remember. Oh right, you jetted off to Guatemala. You never were one for celebrating your obvious writing talent,” Angela replied.

“I didn’t want all the hype and YOU would have gotten me drunk had we gone to the premiere party like you wanted to,” Brennan replied, leaning her head in her left hand and smirking at Angela.

“Yeah, I thought the whole publishing party thing would be a fabulous idea…now, I’m not so sure. I just get this sinking in the pit in my stomach every time I think of all those people coming to a party…for ME. Of course, it is a little flattering,” Angela said and then added the last part with a smile.

“Hodgins wouldn’t have settled for anything less. Ang, your first children’s book is being released and it’s going to be the best thing since ‘Madeline,’” Brennan said with an encouraging tone. “And since when do you get nervous?” she inquired, taking a sip of her coffee.

“I don’t know. I guess it’s just that the party’s getting closer and I’m suddenly realizing that everything is actually…happening. Who would have thought I’d be writing and illustrating my own series of children’s books?” Angela asked, marveling at the thought herself.

“Well, I’m glad you hung on as long as you did at the Jeffersonian,” Brennan replied.

“I’m sorry, Bren, I just couldn’t take it any more,” Angela told her friend with as much regret as she could muster.

“You have nothing to be sorry about, Ang. You’re doing something you love and you’re happy. That’s what’s important,” Brennan reassured her friend as she placed her hand on her arm and squeezed gently.

Angela smiled silently for a few moments before speaking.

“Bigger than ‘Madeline?’ Really?” Angela asked, amazement in her tone and a look of wonder on her face.

“It’s gonna be huge, Angela,” Brennan replied a moment before her cell phone rang. Smiling, she removed the phone from her purse and glanced at the caller ID and she frowned.

“What is it?” Angela inquired.

Brennan looked to Angela without speaking as she punched the send button.

“Temperance Brennan,” she answered.

“Hello, is this Emily Booth’s mother?” a female voice inquired.

“Yes, it is. Is something wrong?” Brennan asked, worry evident in her voice.

“Hi, this is Patricia Morgan, the nurse’s assistant at Lafayette Elementary,” the woman began.

“What’s wrong with my daughter?” Brennan asked harshly.

“We have had a little incident on the playground. Emily is alright, but she has a pretty nasty gash on her head and a large bruise on her leg. It seems that she fell off of the monkey bars,” the woman explained calmly. “The nurse is tending to her injuries as we speak, but I think she needs to go home. It says here that you are a doctor?”

“Yes, but not a medical doctor. Is the wound bleeding profusely?” Brennan asked, eager to know the extent of her daughter’s condition.

“No, ma’am, it has stopped bleeding,” the woman replied.

“I will be there right away. Thank you,” Brennan said as she punched the end button.

“What’s wrong?” Angela asked.

“Emily fell off the monkey bars and hit her head. They say she’s alright, but-“

Angela didn’t even let her finish. “Check please!”
Okay, now run along and review 'cuz I LIVE for reviews! And unlike the other 3 stories, this is a work-in-progress, so reviews might just inspire Musie!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

THE LIFE OF EMILY ERIN - K+ - Family, Angst - 4th of the series-Meegs Empty Re: THE LIFE OF EMILY ERIN - K+ - Family, Angst - 4th of the series-Meegs

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:13 pm

CheeseBK:

aw, poor little emily! can't wait for more, meegs
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

THE LIFE OF EMILY ERIN - K+ - Family, Angst - 4th of the series-Meegs Empty Re: THE LIFE OF EMILY ERIN - K+ - Family, Angst - 4th of the series-Meegs

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:13 pm

fanofbones:

awwww little Emily and Davey...how cute
love this already...
more please

and hugs to the musie who is brilliant btw..

fab
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:14 pm

Meegs:

Is ther ANYONE else out there reading? Just curious. I love you, fab and Cheese, but I just want more people to read! Okay, here's the next one:
CHAPTER 2

“Did she fall or did she jump?” Booth asked as he opened the door to his SUV.

“Booth, that’s not the point. I’m on my way to pick her up-“ Brennan began.

“You have a class in 45 minutes. I’ll pick her up. I can take off work,” Booth countered as he started the car and buckled his seatbelt.

“I can get the TA to fill in for me, he has all my notes. If she needs to go to the hospital, I want to be there,” Brennan replied, running a stop sign as she spoke.

“Okay, fine. But I’m meeting you there,” Booth said as he pulled the car out of the parking garage.

“Okay, bye,” Brennan said as she ran yet another stop sign.
“Hi Mommy,” Emily said calmly as Brennan entered the nurse’s office.

“Baby, are you alright?” Brennan asked her daughter as she walked quickly to her, crouched, and gave her a hug.

“Yeah, Mommy, I’m fine. My head kinda hurts,” Emily replied as she reached for the gauze bandage that had been placed at the site of her wound.

“Let Mommy see,” Brennan said as she began removing the gauze so she could get a better look. She separated Emily’s hair carefully and squinted at the abrasion. It had started bleeding again, but Brennan couldn’t figure out why, seeing as how it was superficial.

“It was so cool, Mommy. I did a flip off the monkey bars!” Emily exclaimed.

Brennan’s lips pursed and her eyes nearly rolled as she thought back to Booth’s comment. *Daddy was right* she thought to herself. She located the exact site of the wound and brushed Emily’s hair away to get an even closer look.

“Ow!” Emily screeched as she broke from Brennan’s grasp.

“Sorry, baby,” Brennan soothed as she reached for her daughter’s hand and pulled her into a hug.

“Do I have to go to the hospotol?” Emily asked, her lower lip sagging.

“No, baby, Mommy can take care of you. You want to go home?” Brennan asked as she rubbed her back.

Emily nodded and gave her mother another hug.

“Let me see your leg,” Brennan said.

Emily pulled out of the embrace and rolled up her pant leg to reveal a large, purplish-blue bruise approximately the size of a silver dollar pancake. It covered most of her calf and part of her shin.

“Emily!” Booth exclaimed as he rushed over to his two girls.

“Daddy!” Emily cried as he hugged her.

“Booth, look at this,” Brennan said as she lifted Emily’s pant leg.

Booth looked down at the bruise as he released his death grip on his daughter.

“Geez, pumpkin, you’ve been playing rough today, huh?” Booth said to Emily.

“She had to have hit the ground with incredible force to result in this large of a hematoma,” Brennan explained, confused as to what could have caused the force seeing as how her daughter was no more than 45 pounds.

“Really? Em, how hard were you playing? You didn’t listen to Daddy, did you?” Booth said, looking Emily in the eyes.

“I wasn’t playing THAT hard! I did a cool flip, that’s it!” Emily insisted, her eyes wide.

“Promise?” Booth inquired.

“Pwomise! Geesh!” Emily insisted, now slightly irritated. “Can I get a milkshake?” Emily asked a moment later.

“Only if you take that ‘geesh’ back, missy,” Booth bargained.

Emily sighed. “Okay, I take it back,” Emily replied.

“Alright, then let’s go,” Booth said as he looked to Brennan, whose brow was creased as her mind attempted to understand Emily’s injuries. “Temperance?” he asked after she hadn’t moved.

“Do you think one of the bigger kids could have pushed her?” Brennan asked, her arms folded across her chest.

“No one pushed me, Mommy, I flipped!” Emily explained to her mother.

“A little R&R and she’ll be fine,” Booth said as he could see that his daughter was feeling fine. Brennan, on the other hand, could see that Emily’s injuries didn’t match the story she had told. She was in full scientist mode as though she were back at the Jeffersonian staring at a skull.

“It doesn’t make sense, Booth. Emily, are you sure a big, mean boy didn’t push you?” Brennan asked her daughter again.

“No, Mommy, I told you. Can we go now?” Emily asked as Booth picked her up gently.

Brennan sighed. Emily wasn’t one for telling lies and Brennan decided that as long as Emily was feeling alright and there wasn’t any serious damage, everything would be fine.

“Yes, baby, we can go now,” Brennan responded as she gave Emily a kiss on her forehead.

“How about the Royal Diner for that milkshake?” Booth asked as he bounced Emily in his arms.

“Yeah!” Emily exclaimed as Brennan followed them out of the office, the furrow still in her brow.
I know, it's short. But more tomorrow!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:15 pm

fanofbones:

OMG I think Bren had one too many forrowed brow!!! M-Dawg is planning something delicious...love it...
i loved that Bren said "Baby, are you alright?"
Being a mother does weird things to you, indeed...

hugs woman...you rock
fab
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:15 pm

libster:

cool story so far she sounds like me as a kid always playing rough never without a brise or scabbed knee.
cant wait for next installment
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:17 pm

Thanks for the reviews, ladies! And hi there, libster, glad to know you're reading! On we go:
CHAPTER 3

~~~~~SEPTEMBER 8, 2014~~~~~

“Go long!” Booth yelled as he took a few steps backwards on the lawn.

“I AM long!” Parker yelled back as he too ran backwards, a football in his hands. A mocha colored Cocker Spaniel-mix ran alongside Parker, barking as he watched his “master” intently.

“Go longer!” Booth countered as he jogged another few steps backwards.

“Dad!” Parker yelled, rolled his eyes, and then raised the football behind his head with his left hand and released. With a nearly perfect spiral, the ball went spinning through the air.

Booth realized a little too late that he would have to jump for it and when he finally did, he missed and the ball sailed over his head and into the flowers 5 feet behind him.

“Yes!” Parker said as he pulled his right arm in towards the side of his body, a gesture that screamed “take that!”

“Okay, fine, you have a good arm. But you know, you have to hit your receiver. If he falls back, you have to adjust,” Booth explained to his 12 year old son, who was about to try out for quarterback of the Jefferson Junior High School football team.

“Duh, Dad, I know that. Just wanted to show you up,” Parker said as he shook his head in a mocking tone, a playful grin on his face as he began walking the 15 yards to his dad, who was picking up the football.

“Oh, really. You wanna show me up? Huh?” Booth teased and prodded as he grasped the ball. “Go long, bud!” he shouted as he stepped back and raised the ball in his right hand.

Parker realized that his dad wasn’t kidding and he began running to get enough distance. The Cocker followed in his footsteps. As he ran, Booth released the football in an even more perfect spiral. Parker’s eyes didn’t leave the ball as he continued to run. With his tongue nearly hanging out, Parker dove for the ball…and ended up face first in a rather prickly bush…without the football.

He jumped to his feet and the dog barked. “Dad! I’m 5’2”!” Parker yelled at his father, who was snickering through a wide smile.

“Told ya to go long!” Booth added as he continued to laugh.

Parker stood in his spot for about 2 seconds before taking off to tackle his father, which he succeeded at as Booth had not been expecting it.

“Ha! Maybe I should be a linebacker! And Rufus can be me running back,” Parker said as he attempted to put a stranglehold on his dad. Rufus found all of this quite amusing as he continued to bark at the wrestling team of father and son.

Booth was far too good for this and he grabbed Parker by the waist and twisted him down into the ground, laughing all the way.

“Remember, bud, I was a wrestler, too,” Booth said, trying to calm down his own laughter. Booth jumped up from the ground before Parker could get another hold on him. As he hoisted himself up, he reached for his lower back and rubbed.

“What? You getting old, Dad?” Parker teased as he rose from the ground.

Booth grimaced. “Yeah, bud, I think I am,” he replied as he reached forward and ruffled his son’s hair. Parker ducked, but it was useless.

“Dad, quit!” he protested.

Booth laughed. “Go get the ball, huh?” Booth asked as he pointed across the front lawn.

Parker rolled his eyes and as he turned to run for the ball, a silver 4Runner pulled into the driveway.

“Hey, they’re home,” Parker said as he switched directions and headed for the driveway with Rufus tagging along.

Booth turned and walked the few feet to the driveway as Brennan got out and opened the back door. She unbuckled Emily from the car seat and the 5 year old bounced out, a lollipop in her mouth and something in her hands.

“Parker, look! I got you a dinosaur!” Emily exclaimed, lollipop and all, holding out her hand as she and Parker met at the edge of the drive. There in her palm was a small, green, plastic, T-Rex. Rufus attempted to sniff the dinosaur, but Parker got a hold of it before he had the chance.

Parker had been fascinated with dinosaurs ever since Brennan had given him a set of real fossils for his 8th birthday. He had since taken to collecting nearly anything that had to do with dinosaurs and/or paleontology.

“Cool, Em! Thanks!” Parker exclaimed as Emily handed him the toy.

“She couldn’t wait to give that to you,” Brennan said as she smiled and reached to reposition a stray curl on Emily’s head.

“How are you feeling, pumpkin?” Booth asked his daughter.

“I feel a lot better now. The docta said I have an upper-upper…repsitory fection,” Emily replied, her eyes squinting as she tried to remember exactly what the doctor had told her.

“A few days of rest and antibiotics and you’ll be good as new, baby,” Brennan said as she continued to smile at her daughter. She then looked to Booth, whose face was relaxed for the first time in the 36 hours since Emily had spiked a 102 degree fever.

“Is the medicine icky?” Emily asked, looking up at her mother as she pulled her lollipop out of her mouth. Rufus quickly seized this golden opportunity and he had the green candy in his mouth within a second. “Rufus!” Emily squealed.

“It tastes like cherry,” Brennan replied, attempting to grab Rufus by the collar, but failing.

Parker managed to take hold of Rufus and he pulled the lollipop out of his mouth.

“Those medicines never really taste like cherry. They make you gag,” Parker told his sister with a grimace.

“What’s gag mean?” Emily asked, her face scrunched.

“It means that you feel like you’re gonna throw up,” Parker said dramatically, his eyes wide as he looked Emily straight in the eyes.

“Ew! I don’t wanna throw up!” Emily exclaimed as she threw her hands in the air and shook them, an “icky” expression on her face.

“Parker, quit it. You’re not going to throw up, I promise,” Booth said as he bent down and tapped Emily on the nose.

“I better not! Parker, you’re mean!” Emily said as she stuck her tongue out at him.

“Okay, enough of the antics. You, my dear, need to go lie down while Mommy makes you some soup,” Brennan told Emily as she pulled her away from Parker.

“I’m not hungry,” Emily informed her mother.

“How ‘bout you drink the soup? That way, you won’t really be eating,” Booth offered as he reached down and picked her up.

“That’s weird, Daddy,” Emily said, smiling as she shook her head, unable to believe her dad would think of such a funny thing.

“You think so?” he asked her, smiling. He started for the front door and Brennan followed.

“So, we’re done playing then, eh, Dad?” Parker inquired.

“Yeah, for the day. We’ll practice some drills tomorrow,” Booth replied, glancing back at his son. “You mind grabbing the ball?” he asked.

Parker shrugged and turned for the other side of the yard, lollipop in hand and Rufus at his heels.

“She needs to stay home from school for the next few days,” Brennan informed Booth as they reached the front steps.

“Yeah, I figured that. I can take the afternoon off tomorrow while you have class,” Booth offered.

“I don’t wanna miss school!” Emily cried, her bottom lip sagging as she crossed her arms. She had only been in kindergarten for 6 days, but she couldn’t get enough of it.

“It’s just for 2 or 3 days, Emmy,” Brennan tried to explain.

“I don’t care! I don’t wanna miss school!” she screamed even louder, which caused Booth to lean his head back so as not to rupture his eardrums.

“Hey, hey, stop screaming. You’re sick and you need to be at home,” Booth tried to reason with the 5 year old in his arms.

“Not fair!” Emily screeched, her face pinched in every possible crease and corner.

“I’d give anything to miss 3 days of school,” Parker said as he appeared behind them at the front door, football in hand and Rufus panting beside him.

“I like school, it’s fun,” Emily explained as Brennan opened the front door for everyone. Once they stepped into the entryway, Booth set Emily down.

“Yeah, that’s ‘cause all you do is take naps and play with Play-Dough,” Parker said as he rolled his eyes.

“Nuh-uh! We do lots of other stuff!” Emily argued, crossing her arms once again as she jutted her chin out and glared at Parker. She looked EXACTLY like her mother, from defiant stare to crossed arms.

“Yeah, like what? Sing the ABC’s and eat graham crackers? Ooohhh, fun!” Parker said, sarcasm dripping in his voice.

Booth and Brennan looked at each other, both wondering when exactly they should step in.

“That’s right, I CAN sing the ABC’s! A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H-I-J-K-L-M-“ Emily sang before she was cut off by her mother.

“Alright, enough, you two!” Brennan barked as she gestured with her hands and stepped in between the two bickering children.

Booth stood back and smirked, slightly amused at how much Emily was like her mother. He wondered if Brennan realized it.

“He started it!” Emily exclaimed as her mother took her by the hand.

“You’re right, he did, but that doesn’t mean you have to continue it,” Brennan told Emily as she bent down. “Now, you go get in bed and I’ll be up with Cinderella in a minute. How does that sound?” Brennan asked, knowing that this would calm down her fuming daughter right away.

“Cinderella? Yay!” Emily exclaimed as she whirled around and started up the stairs. After the first few steps, she looked back at Parker and stuck her tongue out, making a noise as she did.

Parker crossed his eyes and placed his left thumb on his nose, wrinkling it as he snorted.

“Upstairs, missy,” Booth ordered as he pointed up the stairs. “And you, give her a break,” Booth said as he turned back to Parker and placed his hands on his shoulders, squeezing as he maneuvered him towards the doorway that led to the kitchen.

“Yeah, yeah,” Parker replied as he broke from his father’s grip, disappearing into the kitchen with Rufus.

Booth and Brennan stood in the hallway. Brennan looked to Booth as she sighed.

“I’m glad she’s feeling better,” Booth said as he grabbed Brennan by the hand and pulled her closer.

Brennan smiled softly. “Me too. I was so worried last night. I almost took her to the emergency room,” Brennan confessed.

“At least it’s just an infection. Nothing antibiotics can’t cure,” Booth said as he looked into her eyes. “What about you?”

Brennan’s brow furrowed. “What ABOUT me?” she asked, confused.

“How are you?” he asked, still gazing into her eyes.

“I’m fine, Booth. Just glad she’s okay…relief is what I’m feeling,” she explained as Booth pulled her into a hug.

They stood in each other’s arms for a long few moments, each soaking in the precious time they had alone together.

Booth kissed her on top of the head. “What time is your next class?” he asked.

She sighed. “Not until 6:30,” she replied.

“What is the lecture topic tonight, Professor Brennan?” Booth asked as he pulled out of the embrace and looked down at her, a playful smile on his face.

She smiled back. “‘The Necessary Tools For An Accurate Ethnography,’” Brennan replied, smiling as she reached her arms up and around Booth’s neck.

“Taught by Georgetown University’s top professor of Anthropology,” Booth said, the smile still glued to his face.

“Ha-ha. I actually have a few exceptionally bright students in the class,” she said, her brain switching back to work mode as she began to prepare the lecture in her head.

“Hey…focus back on me. I haven’t seen you all day,” Booth said as he put his arms around her waist and pulled her closer.

She chuckled. “I am…just a lot of stuff on my mind with Emily, and Angela’s opening next week. Oh, and Goodman called me today. He wants me to come in and examine some remains,” she informed Booth as she dropped her arms from his neck.

“What, Zack couldn’t handle it?” Booth asked, frowning slightly.

“Apparently, Zack is busy with Agent Lewiston on a homicide. Plus he’s apparently been acting extremely…awkward with his wedding coming up next month,” Brennan explained. “Goodman said he wouldn’t ask if he wasn’t desperate.”

“Desperate? He’s the man who hired you, he knows how brilliant you are,” Booth said, a little offended that Goodman would say such a thing to his wife.

“Don’t get all alpha male on me. He didn’t mean it like that. And ever since Cam left, he’s had a lot to catch up on. Not to mention, he had to hire a new facial artist as well as a new assistant for Zack. Well, I guess Zack hired the assistant. Regardless, it’s been a rough 10 months or so,” Brennan explained.

“Yeah, and I hear Lewiston and Zack aren’t exactly hitting it off,” Booth said.

“Just give it some time, Booth,” Brennan defended.

“We gave it time with Tanner and look what happened with that. He left the bureau altogether!” Booth exclaimed, now quite worried about the agent and the young doctor.

“Goodman is…working with Zack. Can we not talk about this? Neither one of us even works there anymore,” Brennan said, crossing her arms.

“Well, I have to oversee all of it,” Booth replied as he sighed. He paused a moment before continuing. “So, are you going to go in then?” he asked.

“Yes. I will lend my expertise where I see fit and Goodman needs me,” Brennan explained.

“Okay then. Leave me out of the drama,” Booth said as he flung his hands in the air, mocking surrender.

Brennan smiled. “Okay, fine, I will,” she replied.

Booth stepped forward and kissed her sweetly. She reciprocated and deepened the kiss, suddenly very aware of the fact that it had been nearly a week since they had made love. They still stood in the entryway, but they acted as though they were in the bedroom. Booth nibbled her lip and she giggled, leaning back as he grasped at her waist.

“Booth, I-“

“Shhh…no talking,” he replied, opening his eyes for a moment as he found the route to the computer room and then began to maneuver both of them towards it.

“Emily needs-“ Brennan began again.

Booth’s lips stopped her mouth. They sidled towards the computer room, now only a mere 10 feet away.

“Mommy!” Emily yelled down the stairs. “Where are you?” she asked.

Brennan and Booth stopped in their tracks and they both opened their eyes.

Booth smiled down at her as he gave her one final kiss.

“Ah…the joys of parenthood,” he said, still smirking.

She smiled back. “I’m coming, baby!” she called up the stairs.

“You owe me,” Booth said, smiling that seductive smile that transformed her into a puddle of mush.

“Stop that!” she said, pursing her lips as she walked away.

Booth smiled after her and turned for the den where he was sure Parker was watching TV when he should be doing his homework.
You like? Let me know!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:18 pm

fanofbones:
I don't like honey....I love....
Love Booth and Park in the yard...I could just see it...so cute..and Park kidding him about being old...
Poor Em..always something with girls!!!!
Love that Zach is getting married and love Dr. Goodman being in the fic...thrilled that Cam is gone, maybe she was killed? ha
Glad Bren is going back in lab to help...
this should be great...

hugs woman...

fab
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Meegs:

Well, I guess noone else is reading. Kinda sad But fab...I LOVE ya, woman!!! On we go:
CHAPTER 4

~~~~~SEPTEMBER 11, 2014~~~~~

“Do we have to go to Wong Foo’s?” Parker whined as he poked at his peas with his fork.

“It’s already all set up. We’ve rented the place out. Sid’s going to be there,” Brennan replied, lifting her fork to her mouth.

“I see Sid all the time,” Parker replied as he fell into full-on pout mode.

“Emily wants Wong Foo’s and it’s HER birthday. Gotta deal with it, bud,” Booth told his son as he looked to his daughter, who was also picking at her food. “Hey, missy, eat your food,” Booth instructed.

“I’m not hungry,” Emily said. “How long ‘til my birfday party?” Emily asked as she set her fork down.

“2 days, baby. You remember, it’s not your real birthday, just your party, right?” Brennan asked.

“Yeah, I get it. My real birfday is the 16th and that’s when Angela’s party is,” Emily said through a smile as she swung her legs and shifted in her chair.

“Right,” Brennan replied, taking a sip of her water.

“Oh, did you find a sitter for the night of the party?” Booth asked.

“I talked to Goodman when I examined the remains and he said he’d talk to Sarah and Samantha,” Brennan replied.

“I don’t see why I can’t babysit my own sister,” Parker interjected.

“Not ‘til you’re 14,” Booth replied, pointing over at him.

“Who’s gonna be there, Mommy? Are Lila and Miley and Gillian coming? ‘Cause they’re my BEST friends!” Emily asked, her legs continuing to swing.

“Yes, they are all coming. And guess who else will be there?” Brennan engaged her daughter as she leaned her head towards her and smiled playfully.

“Who?!” Emily asked, enthusiasm bouncing off of her.

“Emma and Haley!” Brennan replied, knowing that this would perk her daughter up.

Emily’s eyes went wide. “Awesome! And Uncle Russ and Aunt Amy, too?” Emily inquired, hoping that her mother had not left them out.

“Of course, baby. And Uncle Goodman and Sarah and Samantha and Angela and Jack and Davey and Uncle Zack, too,” Brennan replied as she reached out and gave Emily a nudge in the ribs.

“That tickles!” Emily said as she giggled. “Cool! This is gonna be the best birfday party EVER!” Emily exclaimed, her interest now completely taken away from her food. “Why can’t it be 2 days now?” she inquired, impatiently.

“It’ll be here before you know it,” Booth said, smiling.

“I don’t know if I can wait that long,” Emily replied, seriously as she looked to her dad.

“Well, you’re going to have to, Em,” Brennan replied as she took a bite of her mashed potatoes.

“Fine, geesh!” Emily replied, defiantly as she rolled her eyes.

“Hey, no eye rolling,” Brennan reminded her daughter.

Emily glared at her.

“Hey Dad? Guess what?” Parker asked suddenly, a smile evident on his face as his mood shifted.

“What, bub?” Booth inquired, wiping his mouth with his napkin.

“Hanson Morley broke his leg skateboarding, so he’s not trying out!” Parker said, excitedly.

“Hey! You’re a shoe-in then!” Booth said as he reached up and high fived his son.

“You two shouldn’t be happy over someone getting hurt,” Brennan scolded, her brow furrowing in disapproval.

“Yeah, that’s not nice,” Emily added and looked to her mother for approval, having completely forgotten that she was mad at her.

Brennan smiled at her daughter, who beamed back at her.

“Right, well…we’re not happy he’s hurt…just that-“ Booth began, sheepishly as he saw the stern look on Brennan’s face.

“Yeah we are,” Parker interrupted.

Brennan frowned. “Parker, you want to be able to try out, right?” Brennan inquired, a severe look on her face.

“Yeah, of course,” he responded with a look that said “duh.”

“If you continue to enjoy the pain of someone else, then you won’t be going to those tryouts next week…guaranteed,” Brennan threatened.

Parker’s face scrunched. “What? I have to go!” he shot back.

Booth almost interjected, but changed his mind as he had learned all too well not to butt in when Brennan was trying to teach his (their) son a thing or two about morals. Booth figured he had done a pretty good job of teaching him, what with taking him to Sunday school and all. But somehow, Brennan had a way with him…a way to get him to straighten up that Booth hadn’t quite figured out. She could always talk to him in such a way that made him understand. It was a hidden talent that had become evident in their second year of marriage when Parker had torn up Brennan’s office at the Jeffersonian. At first, she had been fuming, but as she calmed down, she reasoned with him and even at the age of 7, Parker had understood.

“Well, if you HAVE to go, then I suggest that you take back what you said about Hanson Morley. Because if it is a necessity that you go to the tryouts, then that comment will quite obviously keep you from going, seeing as how it isn’t helpful,” Brennan explained calmly as she looked at Parker.

Parker’s brow relaxed and he sat for a few moments in silence. He looked down at his plate of food and picked up his fork, taking a bite of mashed potatoes. As soon as he swallowed, he opened his mouth to speak. “Sorry. I didn’t mean it,” he said, sincerely as he cast a sideways glance at Brennan.

“Good, then we all can’t wait to see you make quarterback,” Brennan replied, still looking at Parker, but with a smile this time.

Emily watched all of this with great interest, her big blue eyes wide.

“Parker will be the best kortaback EVER!” Emily exclaimed, giggling.

“Of course he will,” Booth replied. “Now, finish your mashed potatoes, missy,” he instructed, pointing down at her plate.

“I told you, I’m not hungry, Daddy,” Emily explained again.

“You’ve barely touched anything in the past few days. Eat 3 more bites of potatoes and 2 more bites of chicken and then you can be done,” Brennan reasoned with her daughter.

“Ahhh…” Emily whined as she looked at her food with a grimace. “My tummy hurts and I’m not hungry,” she said again.

“Emily…” Brennan said sternly.

Emily sighed and pulled herself closer to the table, picked up her fork, and dug into the mashed potatoes.
Alright, review away!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

fanofbones:

OMG...you're gonna kill this sweet little girl off arn't you....WARNING....if you do, you will lose this reader ;-) jk...
Sweet chapter...Booth is a smart man knowing to back off when Bren is "teaching"

more soon please
fab

M-Dawg congrats on the part in the play..
you rock woman...can you get me DBs autograph please? hugs
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:20 pm

Well, fab, I can TRY and get DB's autograph, but I think that would require stalking. Can you believe that I haven't seen a single celebrity since I've been out here? So strange to me.

And why do you think I would kill her off? Hmmm??? She's a sweet little girl! AND she's B&B's little girl. I couldn't possible do that...or could I? *evil glare*

Anywho, on with the story!
CHAPTER 5

~~~~~SEPTEMBER 13, 2014~~~~~

“Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Emily! Happy birthday to you!” the group belted. They were gathered around a grouping of tables in the middle of the restaurant, each of them wearing a party hat.

Emily’s eyes widened as she silently made her wish and practically spit out the candles…all 6 of them in one breath.

“My wish will come true now!” Emily exclaimed as she looked up at her mother.

“Of course it will!” Brennan told her daughter as she kissed her on top of the head. “Okay, cake cutting time. Parker, would you care to help?” Brennan asked, a playful smile on her face.

Ever since their wedding, it had become a tradition for Parker to help cut cake…on ANY occasion.

“Sure,” Parker said as he followed Brennan to the bar.

The cake was square and adorned in curls of pink and white frosting that formed into the shape of a unicorn. The words, “Happy Birthday Emily” were scrawled in pink.

Emily laughed and turned her attention to one of her presents, a Barbie jumping horse complete with jump, trophy, brush, saddle, bridle, and doll. Sitting around her were her 3 best friends, Lila, Miley and Gillian. And the rest of the group included: Booth, Angela, Hodgins, Davey, Goodman and his twin daughters, Sarah and Samantha, Russ, Amy and her girls, Emma and Haley, and Zack and his fiancée, Naomi. And Sid rounded out the gang.

“Mommy, I wanna set this up,” Emily said as she turned to her mother and held up the Barbie horse box. As her arm shifted, Brennan caught sight of something purple.

“Emily, what is that on your arm?” Brennan asked as she set the knife down on the bar.

“What?” Emily asked, confused.

Brennan stepped over to her daughter and set the Barbie box down as she gently took Emily’s arm. She pulled up her sleeve to reveal a silver dollar sized bruise.

“I thought you were going to sit out at recess, Emily. How did you get this bruise?” Brennan inquired, now quite concerned.

“I don’t remember, Mommy. It was just there. I did sit out, I pwomise!” Emily said, looking to her mother for approval.

“Okay, baby. You just need to be more careful,” Brennan said as she let her arm go. “Why don’t you ask Daddy to help you open your present while Mommy and Parker cut the cake, okay?” Brennan replied as she placed a piece of cake on a pink paper plate that said “Princess” on it.

“ ‘Kay!” Emily exclaimed as she jumped up to get her dad, who was on the other side of the room talking to Russ. “Daddy, you have to help me get the horse out,” she informed Booth as she held the box up to him.

“Alright, pumpkin. Let’s see here…” Booth said as he sat down in a chair at a nearby table, placing the box on the tabletop.

“You like your gift, Emily?” Russ asked her since Emma and Haley had picked it out.

“Yeah, it’s my faverit!” Emily exclaimed as she watched her dad attempt to open the box.

“Good,” Russ replied, smiling down at his niece.

Booth continued to struggle with the box. He finally got the cardboard out, to which the horse, doll, and accessories were attached.

“Babe, do we have scissors?” he asked Brennan across the room.

“Amy had them last,” Brennan replied as she cut into the last half of the cake.

Having heard her name, Amy appeared with scissors in hand.

“Here ya go,” she said as she handed them to Booth.

“Hurry up, Daddy,” Emily said as she jumped in place, watching her dad with great interest.

“Hey, Emmy, you can play with your other horse, too!” Haley said as she appeared behind her mother.

“Oh yeah!” Emily exclaimed, suddenly remembering another gift she had received.

“Here it is,” Emma said as she appeared with the plastic horse.

“Who gave you this one, Emily?” Haley asked.

“My Grandpa Max. I’ve never met him ‘cause he works somewhere top secret. But he always sends me horse stuff,” Emily replied as she continued to dance around. “Come on, Daddy,” Emily whined.

Russ and Booth exchanged glances. Emily did not grasp the concept that Russ was “Grandpa Max’s” son and that Emma and Haley were his step-granddaughters.

“Give Daddy a minute, okay, pumpkin? Apparently, Daddy isn’t smarter than the toy,” Booth said as he snipped a piece of plastic that was holding Barbie onto the cardboard.

Russ laughed as he watched Booth basically rip the box apart. He had had his fair share of wrestling with Barbie packaging and he had moved on to MTV, makeup, Teen Magazine, and fashion as Emma was now 16 and Haley, 14.

Meanwhile, over on the other side of the table, Zack and Hodgins were in a heated discussion about the latest case. Seeing as they were only two of the three present who still worked at the Jeffersonian, no one else cared to join in.

At the other end of the table, Goodman was discussing babysitting Emily with Sarah and Samantha. Sarah was busy, but Samantha agreed to watch her, Davey, and Parker on the night of Angela’s party.

Seeing that her son was occupied with Emily’s 3 friends, Angela meandered over to the bar to see if Brennan needed any help.

“How’s it going?” Angela asked, leaning against the bar.

“Fine. Can you open the drinks?” Brennan asked Angela.

“But of course,” Angela replied, smiling as she stepped a few feet away and began pulling out jugs of apple juice.

“You need a real drink?” Sid asked Brennan as he appeared behind the bar.

Brennan smiled. “Maybe when the party’s over, I’ll have a glass of wine. For now, there are 20 people who want cake,” Brennan replied, smirking, before turning to the group. “Cake’s ready! Serve yourself, but Birthday Girl first!” Brennan announced.

It was a general hubbub of activity as some made their way to the cake (including Emily, who suddenly forgot about her Barbie entirely) while others (Hodgins and Zack) remained in their spots.

“Hey, I thought you wanted this!” Booth said as his daughter bounced away.

“Attention span. It’s a bitch,” Russ said, smirking.

“Yeah, no joke. She must get that from me since her mother is…overly focused,” Booth said as he broke Barbie free of her cardboard prison. “Ha! Got it!” he exclaimed.

Emily reached the cake just as her mother picked up a plate for her.

“Here, this is yours. Sit in your spot,” Brennan told her Mexican jumping bean as she set the plate of cake on the table.

“Looks yummy, Mommy!” Emily exclaimed.

“I’m sure it is. You get the first bite,” Brennan told her and Emily took the cue and dug in, smearing pink frosting across her lips and chin.

Brennan still didn’t quite understand how Emily could get so messy so quickly. She couldn’t help but smile at her daughter, who was soon joined by her 3 best friends and Davey.

“Great party, Mom,” Angela praised Brennan. “Think mine’ll beat this?” she inquired, a quirky grin on her face.

Brennan smiled back. “Your party is going to be huge, Ang…HUGE!” Brennan exclaimed.

Angela smirked as she and Brennan grabbed their own plates of cake and took seats at the bar.

The group continued to talk, shout, laugh, and eat for a while. It was a great party, Brennan thought as she listened to Angela go on about the book premiere party. She was listening, but she was also watching everyone around the room. The 4 teenage girls ended up in one corner discussing…well, everything teenagers girls discuss. Zack had finally been dragged away from Hodgins by Naomi, who had engaged him in a conversation with Russ and Amy. Goodman, Booth, and Sid stood in a small circle, sipping apple juice. Hodgins joined Angela and Brennan at the bar while Parker led the kindergarteners in a game of duck, duck, goose in the far corner of the restaurant. Brennan’s mind couldn’t help but wander to what she knew best…and that was anthropology. It would have been an interesting anthropology project. Perhaps she would use this as an example for her students; perhaps she would have them create their own subject groups.

Brennan was relaxed for the first time in…God knows how long and she smiled at the sight of all of her friends and loved ones gathered together. A moment after her relaxation had begun, Parker’s voice rang out over the crowd.

“Emily’s sick!” he yelled as he sprang up from the game of duck, duck, goose.

Booth and Brennan were by her side in a matter of seconds. She was throwing up in a plant by the entryway.

“It’s okay, baby, Mommy and Daddy are here,” Brennan said as she knelt down and held onto Emily’s forehead. Booth knelt next to her as his daughter heaved. Brennan could tell by the touch that Emily had a fever.

Everyone’s attention was now on the birthday girl, each of their faces flush with worry.

Emily continued to throw up for the next 25 seconds, at which point she leaned back into her mother’s legs, tears streaming down her cheeks.

“Just relax, baby, you’re just fine now,” Brennan said, soothingly as Angela handed Booth a glass of water. “Thanks, Ang.”

“Sip on some water, angel,” Booth instructed his daughter gently. He tipped the glass towards her mouth and she took a small sip.

“What happened, Em?” Brennan asked only after she saw her daughter’s eyes dry and her breathing calm.

“I felt really sick and I couldn’t hold it,” Emily explained as she took another sip of water.

“How much cake did you eat?” Booth asked.

“I only had a half a piece,” Emily replied as she sat up. “I got full.”

Brennan looked to Booth, a deep crease in her brow.

“Maybe you had too much fried rice, huh?” Booth suggested.

Emily let out a small whimper. “My tummy really hurts,” she said as she clutched her abdomen.

“It’s time to go home,” Brennan said as she rose from the floor and began to gather their things, explaining to everyone that Emily needed to get home.

Booth and Angela stayed behind to clean up as everyone filed out.

Emma and Haley gave Emily hugs; Sarah and Samantha waved to her as Samantha promised to see her on Tuesday; Zack and Naomi waved; her 3 best friends all gave her hugs, followed closely by Davey, who Hodgins had to practically yank away from the birthday girl.

As Brennan got Emily and Parker to the door, she turned to Booth.

“I’m taking her back to the doctor, I don’t think she’s over this bug yet,” Brennan told him.

“Yeah, good idea. See you at home in a bit,” Booth replied and leaned in to kiss her.

She kissed him back and picked up her ailing daughter as she headed for the car and for their pediatrician’s emergency phone number.
Thoughts? Feeings? Comments? Suggestions? I'll take 'em all!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:20 pm

Tozika:

I just saw this and started reading, but I already have a very bad feeling about Emily's sickness.
I would say it has to be something serious.
And with all the bruises recently and throwing up.....I know that I heard this symptoms before....but I can't remember what it was....maybe later today.....
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:21 pm

Fab...where are you? I need my fab 'cuz she's my loyal and true reviewer! Thank you, ToZika, for reviewing and letting me know someone else is reading. Well, I'll keep on posting in hopes that maybe someone else will read.
CHAPTER 6

~~~~~SEPTEMBER 16, 2014~~~~~

“Okay, Emily needs to eat before 7 o’clock because she just took her antibiotic. All of our phone numbers are on the fridge and her dinner is ready, you just need to heat it up,” Brennan explained to Samantha. She still had reservations about leaving Emily, but she hadn’t gotten sick since her birthday party and now that she had a second round of antibiotics, Brennan felt better about leaving her.

“Okay, Dr. Brennan,” Samantha replied.

“And here’s some money for pizza for you, Davey, and Parker,” Brennan said as she handed Samantha a 20 dollar bill.

“Why can’t I have pizza, Mommy?” Emily inquired from the couch, where (much to Parker’s dismay) she was watching Care Bears with Davey.

“Your stomach is still too sensitive, baby. You have yummy macaroni in the fridge,” Brennan explained to her daughter.

“Yum!” Emily exclaimed, suddenly forgetting about the pizza.

“Can I have macaroni too?” Davey asked.

“Sure, Davey, if that’s what you want. There’s enough for both of them,” Brennan informed Samantha.

Booth entered the den a moment later, decked out in a full tuxedo. Brennan wore a royal blue, floor length gown that flowed with every move she made. Her hair was swept up into a French twist and the diamond and blue topaz necklace Booth had bought to win her heart was dazzling on her neck.

“You ready?” Booth asked.

“Yes. Thanks, Sam,” she replied, turning to Samantha.

“You’re welcome. And you’ll be home by midnight?” she inquired.

“Yes. If not sooner. And Mr. and Mrs. Hodgins will be back with us to get Davey. Okay, good night, baby,” Brennan said as she stepped over to the couch and opened her arms.

Emily fell into her mother’s hug. “G’night, Mommy,” she said.

“I love you, Emily,” Brennan told her daughter before kissing her on the cheek.

“I love you, too, Mommy,” Emily replied, grinning up at her mother.

“Get to bed on time, okay?” Booth said as he too reached down to hug his daughter. “You too, Parker. No later than 9:30, you both have school tomorrow,” Booth added.

“Yeah, yeah,” Parker replied, patting a sleeping Rufus on the head.

“Remember, if you need anything, don’t hesitate to call. The numbers are-“ Brennan began.

“On the fridge. I think she got it, Mom,” Parker replied as he nearly rolled his eyes.

“Fine, smart guy. Good night,” she said again as she and Booth made their way out of the house and into their BMW.

Brennan had a wrinkle in her brow and Booth could see that she was deep in thought. He knew that face far too well.

“What’s wrong?” he inquired as he started the engine and pulled out of the garage.

Brennan sighed. “I’m just…worried about her,” she confessed.

“She’s okay. Like the doctor said, it was probably too early for her to have such rich food. She was a sick puppy last week,” Booth soothed.

“Puppy?” Brennan asked, confused.

“Look, her little stomach couldn’t handle everything. You heard what he said. She’s been doing fine on the new antibiotics. She’ll be back to herself by the weekend,” Booth continued.

“I know,” was all Brennan could say as she looked out the window.

“Now, how about we relax and have a fun night celebrating Angela’s success, huh?” Booth said as he smiled.

Brennan turned to him and broke a soft smile. “Sounds good,” she replied.

The furrow in her brow disappeared, but the worry in her mind lingered like a bad cold.
“Ladies and gentleman, I would like to present to you…the wonderful…the beautiful…and the talented…Angela Montenegro,” Brennan spoke into a microphone on a small stage. The crowd before her erupted into applause as Angela made her way to the microphone. She squeezed Brennan tightly for a long few moments.

“Thank you, sweetie,” Angela whispered as she kissed Brennan on the cheek.

“Anything for you, Ang,” Brennan replied and stepped away to give Angela the spotlight.

“Wow. Thank you all for coming. I just want to say, for the record, that none of this was my idea. I owe all of this to my wonderful husband, Dr. Jack Hodgins. He’s standing over there and out of the spotlight,” Angela said as she pointed to her left. “But he is the brains behind all of this. And so is my son, David. He was actually the inspiration for this series and he was the one who got me to write every day. I wish he could be here, but it’s way past his bedtime,” Angela continued and the crowd laughed.

Brennan stood by Hodgins as Angela launched into a detailed descrïption of her book. A few moments passed and suddenly, a wave of uneasiness overtook Brennan’s body and mind. Her smile faded, her stomach dropped, and she felt faint. Something wasn’t right. Even though she had never been one for intuition, her motherly instincts had never failed her…and this was no exception. A minute after it hit, her cell phone vibrated in her evening bag. She stepped away from Hodgins and from the crowd and pulled it out. The word “Home” flashed across the screen and Brennan’s heart sank to her stomach. She punched the send button.

“What’s wrong?” she asked, frowning deeply.

“It’s Emily, Mom! She just started…shaking. We can’t get her to stop! And her eyes are…oh, it’s so scary! Her lips are…blue. She just fell over and-“ Parker cried into the phone, his voice quivering.

“Is she still shaking?” Brennan asked, the crease in her brow deeper than ever.

“Yes! Oh my God, what’s wrong with her?” Parker cried.

“Parker, call 911. Dad and I are on our way,” Brennan told him. She could hear Davey crying in the background and Samantha trying to calm him down.

“You’ll be here soon, right?” Parker asked.

“Yes, we’ll be right there. Call 911, Parker, and then call me back,” Brennan repeated.

“Okay,” Parker replied, shakily.

She punched the end button as she made her way to Booth, who was standing amongst the crowd about 20 yards away.

He saw her coming and he knew immediately that something was wrong.

“Parker just called. Emily is, I think she’s seizing,” Brennan informed him, her voice trembling.

“Seizing?! What do you mean?” Booth barked, his eyes nearly popping out of his head as every muscle in his body grew tight with anxiety.

“I don’t know! He’s calling 911, we need to go,” Brennan said urgently.

“Oh God. I’ll get the car,” Booth replied as he whirled around and jogged, nearly sprinted, to the valet.

Brennan looked to Angela, who was nearing the end of her speech.

“So, thank you all again and please enjoy the food, the wine, and the cocktails!” she finished and the crowd applauded. She looked out among the pack of people and found Brennan. Her giant Angela smile vanished immediately and she made her way off of the stage.

“What’s wrong?” Angela asked, concern blanketing her face. Hodgins joined them a moment later.

“Emily’s seizing. We have to go,” Brennan informed them, tears forming in her eyes.

“Oh my God. We’ll get Davey and meet you at the hospital. You’re going to Georgetown, right?” Angela asked, suddenly sick to her stomach.

“Yes, but you don’t have to-“ Brennan began.

“Don’t even start, we’re right behind you,” Angela responded as she gave Brennan a hug.

“Booth’s got the car,” Hodgins said as he pointed back towards the front of the building.

Brennan left without saying another word, the tears now falling and the pit in her stomach rising to her throat. Dr. Temperance Brennan had never been more worried in her entire life.
Booth and Brennan pulled into the driveway 14 minutes later. An ambulance was parked in the front and a red Chevy Tahoe hybrid was parked along the street next to Samantha’s silver Prius. As Booth put the car in park, Brennan jumped out and jogged (heels and all) through the open front door with Booth closely behind her. No one was in the entryway, but they both heard Davey crying from the direction of the den.

Goodman was standing in the kitchen with Samantha clinging to him. He did not say anything as the parents glanced at them and continued into the den, where Davey sat on the couch, a paramedic sitting next to him and trying to get him to stop crying. Parker was standing next to the other paramedic, who was strapping Emily onto a stretcher. The pit in Brennan’s stomach rose again as she saw her daughter lying on the stretcher, an oxygen mask over her face. She wasn’t moving.

“What is her condition?” Brennan asked the paramedic as she reached out to grab Emily’s limp hand. Parker stepped forward and hugged her, tears in his eyes. Brennan wrapped one arm around him while grasping to Emily’s with her other.

“She is unconscious, ma’am. We do believe that she had a seizure. She is stable enough to transport,” the paramedic replied.

“She just fell to the floor…and her arms and legs got stiff and she stopped breathing. Mom, is she gonna be okay?” Parker asked as he looked up to Brennan, his arms still around her waist.

“I don’t know, Parker. Do you think it was a tonic-clonic seizure?” Brennan asked the paramedic as she tried to remain calm enough to assess her daughter’s condition. This was proving to be quite difficult as she could feel the tingling sensation in her chest about to explode with anxiety.

“Yes, it seems likely given the descrïption of symptoms your son provided us,” the paramedic replied.

Booth stepped forward as Parker reached to give him a hug.

“It’s okay, bud, she’s being taken care of,” Booth told Parker as he looked at Emily, whose lips looked blue. He couldn’t tear his eyes away from her. He wanted to wrap her in his arms and tell her it was all going to be okay.

“We’re ready to move,” the paramedic said as he took hold of the top of the stretcher and began rolling it out of the room.

A moment later, Angela and Hodgins walked through the doorway.

“Mama!” Davey cried and got up to run to her, but Angela was faster and had him scooped up in a second. She dried his eyes. “Emwy is sick, Mama.”

“I know, baby boy,” Angela replied, turning to Booth and Brennan.

“You go with her. Parker and I will follow,” Booth told Brennan as he placed his hands on her shoulders.

“Okay,” Brennan replied, barely above a whisper.

Booth leaned in and kissed her on the forehead as he squeezed her shoulders.

She turned and looked at Angela and Hodgins. Angela telepathically told her she loved her and Brennan turned to follow the paramedic out of the room.

“We’re right behind you, Booth,” Angela said as she rubbed Davey’s back. He had stopped crying, but was still sniffling.

“Okay, thanks,” Booth replied, shakily. His mind was reeling as he tried to form a coherent thought. What to do next? He turned to Parker. “Go get some clothes to sleep in, bud. And grab Emily’s Care Bear and blankey. And hurry,” he told his son.

Parker nodded and turned for the set of stairs that led from the den up to their bedrooms. Rufus rose from his spot on the floor and followed Parker up the stairs.

Goodman and Samantha appeared in the den.

“Booth, is there anything I can do to help?” Goodman offered.

Booth looked to him and his daughter. “Would you all mind taking Rufus? We’ll probably be gone all night,” Booth replied.

“Of course. Are you sure that’s all?” Goodman asked, eager to do anything he possibly could for the Booth family.

“Pray,” Booth responded, his face solemn.

Goodman nodded slightly as he looked into Booth’s eyes, his heart going out to him and Brennan.

“I’m so sorry, Mr. Booth. It all happened so fast,” Samantha told him as she choked back tears.

“It’s okay, Sam. You did everything you could do. NONE of this is your fault, okay?” Booth reassured her as he could see that she was quite worried.

Samantha nodded in response.

Booth proceeded to pace the den as Angela, Hodgins, and the Goodmans watched. He didn’t even know what to think, he was so distraught.

“Is Emwy gonna be okay?” Davey asked his mother, sniffling again.

Angela looked at her son. “I don’t know, sweetie. The doctors are going to try to find out what’s wrong so they can fix her,” Angela told him as she continued to rub his back.

“I hope they fix her fast,” Davey said as he looked into his mother’s eyes.

“Me too, sweetheart,” Angela said as she kissed the top of his head.

“Okay, ready,” Parker replied as he and Rufus reappeared in the den.

“Come on, Rufus. Here boy!” Sam called to the dog as she knelt down.

Rufus glanced up at his master through droopy eyes as if to ask if he was allowed to go to Samantha.

Parker patted him on the butt. “Go on, boy,” he said as he gently pushed him in Samantha’s direction.

Samantha grabbed him by the collar and patted him on the head as she and her father started out of the den.

“Alright, let’s go,” Booth said, grabbing Parker by the shoulders and ushering all of them out as he sighed, unable to believe this was happening.
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:22 pm

fab:

**fab slides in late as usual with a smile on her face**

Hey M-Dawg....I'm here with review for Chapter 5:

Loved the party and all the presents and all her friends....everything was cute and great.
A lot of planning and stressful...
The poor thing threw up and more bruises popping up....still scared here....
Oh good, we're going back to doctor....
**fab calms breathing awaiting the doctor**

hugs woman
off to next chapter
fab
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Tozika:

You can't do that to them....she has to get better soon....
Or maybe they need to find out what's wrong with her soon.

I can't wait for the next chapter.
I hope you'll make her better then
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

fab:

Chapter 6 review

OMG...I feel so sorry for all of them but Emmy pulls at my heartstrings...bless her heart...she can't figure out what the helll is going on....HEY? What the helll IS going on missy?
Love Goodman and Samantha...I'm liking them in the fic....
Ange and Jack's son is adorable too....

My poor Booth and Bren....and Park

This is bloody awesome by the way...
Would have been here sooner was I was pissed and depressed....
did you hear....the flyers lost to kas's team
I'm better now....a little....still pouting

fab
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

cheese:

hi!!!! I am reading too, meegs!!! had to catch up with the latest chapters... I love your writing, but what are you doing to that sweet little gir`?????
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:23 pm

Meegs:

know, I know! Angstville. Bear with me and we shall get through it together. On we go:
CHAPTER 7

Brennan grasped onto Emily’s hand, stroking her knuckles as the ambulance sirens blared. She stared down into her daughter’s face, which was splotched with dried tears. A lone tear trickled down Brennan’s cheek.

“Don’t worry, baby, Mommy’s here,” Brennan whispered as she swept Emily’s waves of auburn off of her forehead.

The paramedic continued to monitor Emily…her blood pressure and pulse were taken every 30 seconds.

Brennan held onto Emily’s hand for dear life as she closed her eyes, gently pulling her daughter’s hand to her lips. A few moments passed as Brennan began to form a prayer in her head. She had never prayed before and she still didn’t believe in God, but at this moment, she thought it was worth a shot. As the first words, “Dear God” formed in her brain, she felt a squeeze. Her eyes flew open and darted down to Emily just in time to see her spring up on the stretcher, a loud cry emitting from her mouth.

“Shh…baby, it’s okay. You’re going to be okay,” Brennan said as she pulled Emily to her chest, wrapping her arms around her and kissing the top of her head.

Emily pulled the oxygen mask off as tears started streaming.

“Mommy! Mommy! Where am I?” Emily cried, nearly choking on her sobs.

“Sweetheart, you’re going to the hospital, but I am right here with you,” Brennan soothed as she rubbed her daughter’s shoulders.

“Her heart rate is elevated,” the paramedic mentioned.

“She just had a major trauma, of course her heart rate is elevated,” Brennan snapped, glaring at him.

“I was just…we’ll be there in a minute,” he replied, avoiding eye contact for fear of being killed by Brennan’s daggers.

“I feel sick, Mommy…I’m scared!” Emily cried as she grasped for her mother’s neck, wanting to be closer.

Brennan leaned down so Emily could wrap her arms around her neck.

“I know, baby. I’m here and you’re fine. Everything is alright,” Brennan reassured her daughter, but she was unable to completely believe it herself.

Within the next minute, the ambulance came to a stop and the siren was silenced.

“Why’d we stop?” Emily asked, her tears slowing.

“We’re at the hospital so the doctors can fix you,” Brennan explained as she pulled away and looked her daughter in the eyes.

“Where’s Daddy? And Parker?” Emily asked, still crying a bit.

“They are right behind us,” Brennan replied.

“She needs to be lying down so we can roll her out,” the paramedic explained, glancing quickly at Brennan.

“Sweetheart, lie down so this man can help you, okay?” Brennan instructed Emily.

Still sniffling, Emily obeyed and the other paramedic appeared to help unload the stretcher.

Brennan released her hand from Emily’s for a moment, but Emily sprang up on the stretcher and cried out.

“Don’t let go, Mommy!” she said.

Brennan quickly grabbed Emily’s hand again.

“Okay, baby, I won’t,” she promised.

Booth and Parker appeared as they all made their way through the ambulance bay doors.

“Hi, pumpkin,” Booth said as soon as he saw that she was awake.

“Daddy!” Emily exclaimed as Booth joined Brennan’s side and walked in pace with the paramedics.

They made their way to the ER doors, at which point the paramedic informed them that only 2 family members were allowed to go any further. Parker stayed back as Angela, Hodgins, and Davey walked in. Emily was rolled to a curtained area where a doctor met them.

“I’m Dr. Wasson. Looks like we had a seizure, huh, Emily?” Dr. Wasson asked, a cheery tone in his voice.

“What’s a seezur?” Emily asked, still holding her mother’s hand.

Dr. Wasson smiled at Emily. “It’s when you go to sleep for a little bit, but you don’t mean to,” he explained simply, smiling.

Emily looked up to her mother. “Is that true, Mommy?” she asked, clenching Brennan’s hand tighter.

Brennan’s first instinct was to jump into the actual definition, but she quickly realized that this would not help her 6 year old daughter.

“Yes, baby, that’s right,” Brennan said reassuringly.

“Well, Mr. and Mrs….Booth? We need to run some tests, including CBC, CT scan, and an EEG,” Dr. Wasson informed them, glancing at Emily’s chart to get the last name.

“What does all that mean?” Emily asked, curiously as she looked up at her mother again.

“It’s stuff that will tell us why you’re sick so we can make you better,” Booth explained as he smiled. Emily looked to him and nodded.

“It should only be a minute and we’ll get her situated for the CT,” Dr. Wasson explained before jotting something on Emily’s chart and sauntering off.

“He seems far too cavalier,” Brennan told Booth as soon as Dr. Wasson was gone.

“He’s probably just trying to be…upbeat for Emily’s sake,” Booth suggested.

A split second later, Emily shot up in the bed.

“AHHHH!!!!!” she cried, tears streaming down her cheeks once again.

Booth and Brennan leaned down on either side of Emily, each of them grabbing onto one of her arms.

“Mommy!!! Daddy!!! Where am I? I’m…scared…what…happened? Am…I sick?” Emily continued to cry as she grasped both of her parents’ hands.

“We’re right here, Emily; Mommy and Daddy are here, okay? You’re okay,” Brennan soothed, holding onto her left hand and pulling her head into her chest as she sat on the bed next to her. Brennan looked over to Booth. “She’s postictal,” Brennan informed him.

“AHHHHH!!!!! Mommy, what’s…wr-wrong with m-me?” Emily asked as she let go of Booth’s hand and wrapped her arms around her mother. “D-Daddy? Where’d you go?” Emily asked frantically, completely unaware of the fact that he had just been holding her hand.

“I’m right here, pumpkin. I’m with you and Mommy,” Booth replied as he made his way to Brennan’s side of the bed and placed a hand on Emily’s arm. He shot Brennan a look of confusion.

“Baby girl, you’re going to be fine. It’s okay to cry. Just let Mommy and Daddy take care of you. We love you, Emily,” Brennan said as she slowly rocked Emily back and forth.

“I…wuv…you, too,” Emily sniffled into her mother’s chest as she snuggled in closer.

Brennan looked to Booth, who was still looking puzzled.

“It’s normal with seizures,” she whispered to him.

“What? A seezur? Wh-what’s that?” Emily inquired, not realizing she had already asked the question.

“It’s okay, sweetheart, it’s nothing to worry about. Just calm down and listen to Mommy’s voice,” Brennan replied as she stroked her daughter’s hair, rocking her gently as she met Booth’s eyes.

She didn’t have to say a word; he could see that she was terrified because he was too.

“Am I in the…hospotal?” Emily asked, her voice faint as she became sleepy.

“Yes, baby, you are. But don’t think about that, think about happy things…it’s your birthday today! You’re a big 6 year old now and just think about all the fun you’re going to have with all of your new toys. And when we get home, you can open your extra special present that Mommy and Daddy got you,” Brennan said, soothing Emily to the point that her sobs quieted to a sniffle and her breathing returned to normal.

“You’re such a brave girl, pumpkin,” Booth added, smiling as he watched Brennan work her magic. He was always amazed at how she took to being a mother…and this was no exception.

“I-I am?” Emily asked, raising her head to look at her father.

“Yes, you are. Just relax and you can even go to sleep if you want to, okay?” Booth told her as he stroked her cheek.

Emily’s eyes drooped. “O-okay,” she replied, sleepily.

Booth looked to Brennan as Emily dozed off in her mother’s arms.

A few moments later, Dr. Wasson reappeared.

“All set for the CT,” he whispered after seeing that Emily was asleep.

Brennan lowered Emily gently to the bed and then looked to Booth. They stood for a few moments, their eyes glued to one another’s, each knowing exactly what the other was thinking. *What is wrong with our daughter?*
More angst, I know! But was it good? Let me know!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:23 pm

cheese:

oh-oh..... memory loss too? you're scaring me here!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:24 pm

Tozika:

I hope they find out what's wrong with her soon.
PPS
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:25 pm

fab:

angsty as hell...but terrific too...
I can deal for a bit longer...
HEY....that said a bit longer....
then I'm gonna need some B&B lovin...;-)

fab
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

libster:

ooohhh poor emily. hope they find out whats wrong soon....
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

squirtandmilo:

Wow! Just started reading this and it is great.

The bruises and fever sound like a symptom of Leukemia...Not good!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:26 pm

Thanks so much, ladies! Sorry I haven't been around. My internet went out and my play opened on Friday, so it's been CRAZY! But here we go with the next installment! Hope you all enjoy!
CHAPTER 8

“Were you scared?” Parker asked, his eyes wide as he looked at Emily, who was lying in a hospital bed, dressed in a designer polka dot gown.

“Nope. I wasn’t scared at all,” Emily replied, folding her arms across her chest and smiling devilishly.

“Were too,” Parker retorted as he glared at his sister.

“Was not!” Emily fired back.

“Okay, you’ve ridiculed your sister enough. How ‘bout you get some sleep now?” Booth intervened as he grabbed Parker by the shoulder and pushed him towards the bathroom in Emily’s room.

“Yeah, yeah,” Parker replied and shut the bathroom door behind him, overnight bag in hand.

Emily had only slept for a mere 15 minutes before being wheeled into the CT scan, where Brennan had stood with her and talked her through the 45 minute test. She had then had blood drawn, commenting that “it tickles” when the needle had gone in. Finally, an EEG had been performed with both Booth and Brennan standing right by her side. She had been a trooper through all of it, more curious to know what was going on than she was afraid of what might be wrong with her.

“Where’s Mommy?” Emily asked her father.

“She’s telling Aunt Angela and Uncle Jack and Davey good night,” Booth said as he placed a pink Care Bear with a rainbow on its stomach on the bed next to his daughter.

She grabbed it and cuddled close. It was a bit difficult seeing as how there was an IV in her arm.

“Daddy?” Emily said suddenly as she looked at Booth with those sparkling blue eyes that were so entirely Brennan.

“Yeah, pumpkin?” Booth asked, leaning his right arm against the top of the hospital bed and looking down at his daughter.

“Why am I sick?” Emily asked, simply, those eyes gazing up at Booth with a plea for an answer that he could not give her.

Booth hesitated for a moment as Emily’s eyes bore holes in him. As he was about to answer, the door opened and Brennan appeared.

“Hodgins had to practically drag Angela out and Davey’s fast asleep,” Brennan told Booth as she walked to the other side of Emily’s bed and leaned down to kiss her on the forehead. “And you should be asleep, too, baby,” she informed her daughter who looked like she could go for a romp in the sandbox with all of the other kids.

“I’m not tired,” Emily replied, squeezing her Care Bear tighter.

Parker reappeared, fully dressed in Spiderman pajamas.

“It’s past 1 in the morning and you have had a hard day, Emily. You need to sleep,” Brennan told her daughter.

“But I don’t wanna! I wanna know why I’m sick!” Emily exclaimed, nearly yelling as she folded her arms across her chest again, Brennanesque style.

“Baby, the doctors are trying to figure that out right now. You know, you could go to sleep now and then by the time you wake up, the doctors will know why you’re sick,” Brennan attempted to bargain with her 6 year old daughter. Occasionally, she found this quite difficult as Emily seemed to be far more intelligent than an average 6 year old. This was not unexpected as her mother’s IQ was well above average.

Emily frowned, hugging her Care Bear tight.

“Why’d they have to stick stuff to my head and tell me to bwink and to roll my eyes? That was weird,” Emily asked as she avoided her mother’s proposal.

“Those were what are called electrodes. They can read your brain waves,” Brennan explained to Emily as she sat on the side of the bed and brushed her child’s unruly hair out of her eyes…which she seemed to have to do on a regular basis.

“Brain waves? You mean, they talked to my brain?” Emily asked, her eyes wide with wonder at the thought of something being able to actually speak to her brain.

“Yeah, they had a whole conversation with your brain,” Brennan replied with a smile. Seeing that this new bit of information was drawing her daughter’s attention, she decided to rub the top of Emily’s head, a trick that had always put her to sleep as a baby.

“What do you think they said to my brain?” Emily asked, her eyes drooping slightly as her grip on the Care Bear loosened a bit.

“They probably said ‘stop attacking Emily so she can feel better,’” Parker chimed in, smiling at his little sister.

“Really, Parker? You think I’ll feel better now?” Emily asked. Brennan’s hand brushed against her head ever so slightly and the Care Bear nearly fell from her arms, but she caught it and jerked slightly to keep from falling asleep.

“Yup, I think so,” Parker replied as he smiled once more.

Booth smiled at his son as Parker’s eyes met his. Brennan looked at the two boys and also smiled. This was a precious family moment and she didn’t want it to end because she feared it might be one of the last for a while.

“Okay,” Emily said, her eyes fluttering as she tried to stay awake.

“Good night, Emmy,” Parker whispered, knowing that his sister was about to lose the battle with sleep.

“Night, Park-“ Emily began, but she was out, her right hand in her mother’s and her left on her Care Bear.

Brennan kissed her forehead again and placed her hand on the bed.

“Alright, bed time,” Booth told Parker and pointed to the cot they had had brought in for him.

“Where are you two going to sleep?” Parker inquired, looking at his parents who were still fully clothed in tuxedo and evening gown.

“We won’t be sleeping much tonight,” Brennan replied.

Parker lowered his eyes and nodded in comprehension.

“Good night,” he said as he hugged his dad.

“Get some sleep, bud,” Booth said as he patted Parker’s back.

As Parker turned to hug Brennan, there was a knock at the door.

“Come in,” Brennan said softly.

Dr. Wasson appeared.

“Mr. and Mrs. Booth, we have some of Emily’s test results in,” he said, unflinching.

Booth and Brennan exchanged glances.

“Get in bed, Parker. Keep an eye on Emily, okay?” Booth instructed.

“But I wanna know what’s wrong with Emily,” Parker resisted.

“We’ll tell you, Parker, but right now, the doctor needs to talk to both of us and we need you to watch Emily,” Brennan replied, placing a hand on Parker’s shoulder.

Parker looked between Brennan, Booth, and the doctor and dropped his shoulders.

“Alright,” he said and then turned for the cot.

Booth and Brennan turned to Dr. Wasson, who opened the door to usher them out. They looked to each other, both sighing in anticipation of what they were about to hear.
I know, cliffie, but I promise I will be quicker to update this time! As in tomorrow!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:26 pm

fab:

freakin awesome...very cute with Park and Em
loved it and can't wait for the news

and a big congrats on the play
good for you chica
I'm so proud
seen DB yet? ;-)

hugs m-dawg
I"m missed ya lately
fab
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next