Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Couple in the Cave clips

+21
bonesfan158
gordongordonfan
19ana89
Lo
Chocolate Chip
TinkonBrink
MI_Bonesgirl
HermioneGirl101
SnoopGirl
dreamerktm411
tinkrella
bailey
bella
DoctorB
crzy4bones
mereva
RubyRuby
treble21
katharine
anthropologystudent
clair82
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Couple in the Cave clips - Page 2 Empty Re: Couple in the Cave clips

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:13 am

Just watched it-OMG Clark- I *LOVE* You!!!!!

Nothing like Cam, Angela and Clark all ganging up on Brennan. I hope they ride her case all season-or at least til she wakes up. Obviously subtle hasn't worked in the past.
And Hodgins-not to be outdone "Duuude...A little self control" LMAO

Now off to the other one....

ETA-the 2nd one? Eh. There are going to be times this season where Booth is a total douche-this is one of them. Can't really blame him, he thinks this is what Brennan wants-and Hannah just doesn't know any better. But seriously Hannah-You and Brennan "dishing" about Seeley?? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't make me watch that. It seems to me that Brennan is trying harder to convince herself that she's "happy" for Booth, than Booth is trying to convinve himself that he's happy with Hannah.

Am I the only one that was thinking-Hey Booth left $50 for Brennan to get drunk on. I mean-if I were Brennan and I had to witness THAT, I'd want to get drunk too....
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by bella Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:25 am

bailey wrote:
I don't agree ... if you listen to the interviews with the actors what they keep saying is that Booth will be comfortable with these two both being in his life. I think Booth does think he's over Bones ... I don't think he is, but I think he's convinced himself that he is. And him being comfortable with these two knowing each other, and prehaps liking each other, is very different than in the past. Going back to season one, Booth tried to keep Brennan out of his personal life, it's interesting that in this case, they're taking a different route.

I do agree that it's going to feel a bit like he's shutting Brennan out, but that's just a natural result of him being in this new relationship with Hannah. It happens anytime you start a romantic relationship, the other people in your life get pushed back to some extent.

Well if this is Booth at ease and "comfortable" with the two most important women in his life well I'm sorry David isn't really selling this to me at the moment from what I've seen so far, may be things will get better as the weeks go by.

The problem is a lot of fans watching these clips are not seeing what the writers apparently want you to see i.e. that Booth is comfortable with both Hannah and Bones interacting and also more importantly talking to Bones about his new relationship in a healthy and happy way not all this forced conversation and difficult silences. Booth seems distant, cold, disconnected and yes acting at times like a bit of jerk towards Bones. This is something his character has never done - and as their relationship is the centre of things, it's hard to take for some fans. Others would argue what goes around comes around and now it's Bones turn to face the hurt, that may be true but it doesn't change the fact that Booth at times doesn't even look like he's Bones close friend let alone something more.

It reminds me of a very recent interview with HH on GMMR when the interviewer mentioned that it seemed that Booth was rubbing Bones nose in his new relationship when they met up given Bones expression at the reveal. HH said that he had no idea they had taken it that way and would have to look at it again. It does make you worry that if HH can't see this then may be he can't see what others sense now from these spoilers and the series premiere. Many fans who ship B&B are not going to like this new Booth especially if he carries on behaving in this way as evidenced by some of the replies on here.

But I agree with you about the other point, we have to remember that in any new serious relationship the other people in that person's life do tend to get pushed to one side, that person no longer hangs around after work for drinks to chew over the day, they go out for meals with their new love etc. Booth was doing just that and he did invite Bones to come with them but it was a pity invite and that's worse than no invite! There was no way she was going to take that up.

And from the glimpse of Hannah at the end it's clear she is going to be written as this warm friendly, bright young thing - the supposed perfect mate for Booth. She will also be warm and friendly towards Bones I'll wager, making it hard for Bones to think badly of her in any way. The set up being of course that despite being perfect she isn't the one. Unfortunately to get to a closer B&B relationship some fans are going to have to close their eyes, stick their fingers in their ears and start singing during certain sections of the show to avoid imploding with clips such as these until they get to the good stuff.

And I hope they use the second ending too in that cafe, that's the real Booth. If they do use the other one then I think the writers have taken leave of their senses because who wants to watch a show where the lead male character is acting like a clueless insensitive jerk towards a woman he professed to deeply love not that long ago? This same guy who is renowned for being brilliant at reading people's emotions. Rolling Eyes

Finally, Clark again, I adore you.

bella
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:28 am

bella wrote:
bailey wrote:
I don't agree ... if you listen to the interviews with the actors what they keep saying is that Booth will be comfortable with these two both being in his life. I think Booth does think he's over Bones ... I don't think he is, but I think he's convinced himself that he is. And him being comfortable with these two knowing each other, and prehaps liking each other, is very different than in the past. Going back to season one, Booth tried to keep Brennan out of his personal life, it's interesting that in this case, they're taking a different route.

I do agree that it's going to feel a bit like he's shutting Brennan out, but that's just a natural result of him being in this new relationship with Hannah. It happens anytime you start a romantic relationship, the other people in your life get pushed back to some extent.

Well if this is Booth at ease and "comfortable" with the two most important women in his life well I'm sorry David isn't really selling this to me at the moment from what I've seen so far, may be things will get better as the weeks go by.

The problem is a lot of fans watching these clips are not seeing what the writers apparently want you to see i.e. that Booth is comfortable with both Hannah and Bones interacting and also more importantly talking to Bones about his new relationship in a healthy and happy way not all this forced conversation and difficult silences. Booth seems distant, cold, disconnected and yes acting at times like a bit of jerk towards Bones. This is something his character has never done - and as their relationship is the centre of things, it's hard to take for some fans. Others would argue what goes around comes around and now it's Bones turn to face the hurt, that may be true but it doesn't change the fact that Booth at times doesn't even look like he's Bones close friend let alone something more.

It reminds me of a very recent interview with HH on GMMR when the interviewer mentioned that it seemed that Booth was rubbing Bones nose in his new relationship when they met up given Bones expression at the reveal. HH said that he had no idea they had taken it that way and would have to look at it again. It does make you worry that if HH can't see this then may be he can't see what others sense now from these spoilers and the series premiere. Many fans who ship B&B are not going to like this new Booth especially if he carries on behaving in this way as evidenced by some of the replies on here.

But I agree with you about the other point, we have to remember that in any new serious relationship the other people in that person's life do tend to get pushed to one side, that person no longer hangs around after work for drinks to chew over the day, they go out for meals with their new love etc. Booth was doing just that and he did invite Bones to come with them but it was a pity invite and that's worse than no invite! There was no way she was going to take that up.

And from the glimpse of Hannah at the end it's clear she is going to be written as this warm friendly, bright young thing - the supposed perfect mate for Booth. She will also be warm and friendly towards Bones I'll wager, making it hard for Bones to think badly of her in any way. The set up being of course that despite being perfect she isn't the one. Unfortunately to get to a closer B&B relationship some fans are going to have to close their eyes, stick their fingers in their ears and start singing during certain sections of the show to avoid imploding with clips such as these until they get to the good stuff.

And I hope they use the second ending too in that cafe, that's the real Booth. If they do use the other one then I think the writers have taken leave of their senses because who wants to watch a show where the lead male character is acting like a clueless insensitive jerk towards a woman he professed to deeply love not that long ago? This same guy who is renowned for being brilliant at reading people's emotions. Rolling Eyes

Finally, Clark again, I adore you.

'clueless, insensitive jerk' basically sums up how I feel about booth right now. lol

Now, I understand that many have felt that way with brennan in the past. Warranted. It makes sense. However, Brennan didn't often know any better. Booth does. And if Hart is going to try and say he doesn't, well then....we have TWO clueless characters and we might as well just pack it up because that will never work lol

Hart not realizing that's what the audience is seeing is a classic example of his writing being interpreted differently by the actors. I'm just basing this off what Hart and David and Emily have said, so don't take it for fact. But, Hart (and nathan) have made it seem like Booth is honestly trying to move on....but that it may not work and it will be a struggle because brennan is there and they are 'meant to be'. David....on the other hand, has made it seem like Booth is just out there to spite Brennan for hurting him and rub it in her face and make her jealous because she deserves it. And poor Emily, I don't even know how she can make sense out of either of those contradictions! lol Bless her heart! Jerky booth, could very well be David interpreting it the way he thinks it is ex. jealousy....bitterness that she hurt him....and not at all what Hart intended. I'm not quick to blame the writing just yet. Because, there seems to be some miscommunications so far. Just look how that B roll turned out. The second take of it was much better and different than the first....because David changed his delivery and decided to look after brennan as he was leaving. That changes the entire scene. Of course, directors have a lot to do with it, but I'm not gonna get into all that here. lol

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkonBrink Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:31 am

Clark= King Of The Lab Shippers!

Thank goodness SOMEONE is saying what we're all thinking!...I thought Caroline would say something to Booth in the premier when he whipped his phone out to show her the picture of Barbie (along the lines of, "Put that thing away Seeley Booth before I take it out of your hand and knock you around the head with it.")...but alas, NO! Caroline failed thumbsdown

The B-Roll...Poor Brennan. Still, she did turn Booth down (poorly worded offer aside) I don't really think Booth is being heartless. Brennan is trying really hard to be happy for Booth. Booth is trying really hard to be happy. They're both trying. (yeah, they're trying my patience...but that's another story! Very Happy ) It's sad really, all that effort into pursuing happiness...when they both did what Hodgela experienced = saw a steep hill and decided to turn back instead of running down it.

Also...That Hannah one is bright, sparky, nice and smiles too much. She's just nice and likeable...I see what you writers are doing! It's started already...we are all slowly but surely sneaking a "Hannah" in place of another nickname. She's trying to wear us down! (with niceness!) Oh no ya don't Miss Blondie Moppet! Razz
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 652
Say What You Want : A Reporter sat under a Fig Tree one night,
"Where art thou Booth?" She said.
The lightning went Flash!
The tree went Crash!
And squashed the Reporter quite dead.
*Sigh* Isn't poetry lovely?
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://twitter.com/TinkonBrink/

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:10 am

TinkonBrink wrote:Clark= King Of The Lab Shippers!

I love it!!
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:29 am

TinkonBrink wrote:Clark= King Of The Lab Shippers!

Thank goodness SOMEONE is saying what we're all thinking!...I thought Caroline would say something to Booth in the premier when he whipped his phone out to show her the picture of Barbie (along the lines of, "Put that thing away Seeley Booth before I take it out of your hand and knock you around the head with it.")...but alas, NO! Caroline failed thumbsdown

The B-Roll...Poor Brennan. Still, she did turn Booth down (poorly worded offer aside) I don't really think Booth is being heartless. Brennan is trying really hard to be happy for Booth. Booth is trying really hard to be happy. They're both trying. (yeah, they're trying my patience...but that's another story! Very Happy ) It's sad really, all that effort into pursuing happiness...when they both did what Hodgela experienced = saw a steep hill and decided to turn back instead of running down it.

Also...That Hannah one is bright, sparky, nice and smiles too much. She's just nice and likeable...I see what you writers are doing! It's started already...we are all slowly but surely sneaking a "Hannah" in place of another nickname. She's trying to wear us down! (with niceness!) Oh no ya don't Miss Blondie Moppet! Razz

Yea, I usually don't agree with you but on this I do. Smile

I don't think Booth is being heartless either. Does he seem different toward Brennan? Yea. But it's just a result of him having a girlfriend at the moment, and probably a little bit of trying to get over Brennan. I don't think he's being a jerk to her. Yea, it was a pity invite, but he invited her, to me that's better than just leaving her there alone ... he says "see you tomorrow" and asks her along, leaves her money (which she obviously didn't need him to do). It's an akward situation, and he's trying his best to do what he thinks Brennan wants him to do without forgetting about their friendship totally.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:07 am

Ok, I wasn't going to get into the whole Booth/DB/writing issue and rub salt in the proverbial wounds, but something that bugs me, Booth can tell Brennan that he LOVES Hannah-after all of what-knowing her for 7 months at the absolute most? But all he could say to Brennan who he supposedly knew was the one for him after 6 YEARS was "I believe in giving this a chance" scratch
That just reinforces that Booth was never IN LOVE with Brennan. He *thought* he loved her, he loved the idea of loving her, but he was obviously confusing the sexual attraction of working together closely with love. The surrogate relationship. The coma dream obviously didn't help.
I read that GMMR interview with Hart-he HEARS the fan frustration, but I don't think he "gets" the fan frustration. There is an obvious disconnect between the way things are written, to the way they are acted, to the way they come across on screen and the way the audience interprets them. He thinks that we shouldn't believe that B&B missed their moment-but it's going to take ALOT to convince me now that they belong together. I'm not really sure Hart and DB are on the same page with the portrayal of Booth this season. David seems to think it's all about revenge on Brennan for rejecting him-and that is coming across on screen, where Hart just thinks he's attempting to "move on". IMO if Booth was really in love with Brennan, like they want us to believe, he wouldn't rub it in. It's just not Booth. It comes across very jr high-ish. His facial expression when Brennan interrupted the kiss in the diner came across as annoyed.
On the other hand, Brennan is supposed to show regret-I haven't seen that yet..I think she showed more regret at the end of last season than she is showing now. Maybe she's just trying to hide it, I don't know. I mean are we really supposed to believe Brennan is STILL going on about not believing in love-or whatever that spiel was that she was giving to Booth while they were walking through the woods, and then she is just going to wake up one day and realize she loves him?? Suspect

I guess for me-having this mindset has made me ok with this storyline. Simply because I no longer believe B&B were ever "in love". Sure there was love. They were best friends. They depended on that type of love and belief in each other to survive when they were in danger. I don't think that 2nd clip was that bad. Sure it's awkward, it's a totally new dynamic that they both have to navigate. Booth was taking his girlfriend out to dinner. Hannah just wants to fit into his life. I would like to know just how much she knows about her boyfriend's partnership. Booth seemed pretty quick to get Hannah out the door. It was actually Hannah that invited Brennan to dinner. Booth just went along with the invitation for whatever reason. At least he gave Brennan $50 to have fun with....If you look at that clip from a non-shippery point of view, it wasn't bad at all.
I don't think Hannah is going to be the 3rd wheel in this relationship-I think Brennan is the 3rd wheel. And that is going be tough for THEM and US to overcome.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Chocolate Chip Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:28 am

@bailey ita. I didn't think that Booth was a jerk. It isn't intentional at least... what I saw was detached and a little closed off -- lets not forget he has just came back from a warzone. take away his Bren rejection hurt and Hannah ,,, just stepping of a plane from the horrors of a warzone it is going to take time for him to re-adjust back to FBI Booth ... now Hannah shows up and she is safe reminds him of their war bond, someone he can share that with and of course that is going to be comforting to him, particulary since she is a ray of light for him out there ... when he re-adjusts to DC and gets grounded in D C life again he will see the Hannah relationship in a new light and realize why they worked in Afghanistan is why they don't work in DC ... all the charactes have moments when we go wth! Booth is no exception.
Chocolate Chip
Chocolate Chip
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Chocolate Chip Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:44 am

@mi_bonesgirl I am going to wait and see the entire epi in context with the Booth saying that he loved Hannah. It could just be semantics to me but he didn't say 'in love' ... cos for me I could argue that he loved Cam, cared for her but in love, no. . . you know sometimes I wish that Brennan would quit being so nosey, lol, she kinda kept pushing, cos otherwise he wouldn't said it, is my pov ----- now the whole love is just chemical whoooha, I have been tired of hearing that since S2 - But I get that this is her way of maybe dealing with it --- idk, I think the first 10 epis are going to be good in the long run but a little hard for shippers. ---- Booth trying to convince himself that he is happy and realizing that he really isn't but he should right cos he is over Bren but figuring out he can try but it will always be Brennan and Bren trying oh so hard to be happy for Booth but eventually calling it out that she wants him to be happy but with only her and both stepping up to plate to get there..

Last edited by Chocolate Chip on Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Chocolate Chip
Chocolate Chip
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:51 am

Honestly, do I like seeing Brennan all sad and quiet? No. BUT.... I also don't think Booth is being deliberately mean to her and rubbing her nose in it, he's just very matter of fact about it. " this is my girlfriend and I love her" ( I'm one of those people that thinks that Booth probably does love Hannah, just like he loved Rebecca.... doesn't mean she's still not second best.)
I'm not saying he shouldn't care about Brennan's feelings but I don't think he should have to coddle her about his relationship.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Chocolate Chip Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:17 am

treble21 wrote:Honestly, do I like seeing Brennan all sad and quiet? No. BUT.... I also don't think Booth is being deliberately mean to her and rubbing her nose in it, he's just very matter of fact about it. " this is my girlfriend and I love her" ( I'm one of those people that thinks that Booth probably does love Hannah, just like he loved Rebecca.... doesn't mean she's still not second best.)
I'm not saying he shouldn't care about Brennan's feelings but I don't think he should have to coddle her about his relationship.
totally agree, there is no ulterior motive from Booth, he is just being upfront and direct.And we know that is what Brennan understands best ---- It is kinda a no win, cos if he played down it or flat out lied about Hannah how awkward that would be for all 3 of them. It is best this way, the directness, imo. -- And totally Booth is going to spend time with Hannah and less time with Brennan, that is the way it should be realistically - it was the same when Bren dated Sully they had reduced B&B with Bren spending more time with him, going on vacation time on his boat.There was actually more B&B when Booth dated Cam. But perhaps this time they are working more scenes with B/H and B/H/B and maybe a little Bren and Hannah bonding - going to be interesting dynamics to say the least Very Happy
Chocolate Chip
Chocolate Chip
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:24 am

treble21 wrote:Honestly, do I like seeing Brennan all sad and quiet? No. BUT.... I also don't think Booth is being deliberately mean to her and rubbing her nose in it, he's just very matter of fact about it. " this is my girlfriend and I love her" ( I'm one of those people that thinks that Booth probably does love Hannah, just like he loved Rebecca.... doesn't mean she's still not second best.)

I agree-and that's not what I was getting at-more about the character inconsistency. And what it will mean in the long run. Booth is like a walking contradiction-it's hard to figure him out. He wanted to give it a chance with Brennan, she shot him down but she's still the standard, so sometimes you've gotta settle for 2nd best? Ouch. Cam and Gordon Gordon both told Booth he's in love w/Brennan-he didn't deny it because he thought they were right. Yet after only a few months he can say that he is in love with another woman scratch So my next question is does he really love Hannah, or is he just using her to get back at Brennan? That would be a really shitty thing for him to do. Or does he *think* he loves Hannah, because she's there and she's giving herself to him? I question it because in the 6 years that we have known Booth the only woman that he has said he loved on screen was Rebecca (Hero in the Hold) So to me that says he's not one to just throw those words around. It would be different if we heard him say he loved Tessa, or he loved Cam, or if he would have said he loved Brennan...but he didn't. Booth talks a good game and that's what made us all fall in love with him (There's someone out there for everyone, everything happens eventually, etc)
The same inconsistency can be argued for Brennan. How can she write that frickin coma dream book, tell Gordon Gordon there is nothing she wouldn't do for Booth, give a toast to Jared and Padme that because of Booth she believes in love, then turn him down, immediately regret it, run off to an island on the other side of the world to gain perspective, only to come home with the "love is a chemical reaction" attitude again scratch Maybe she's just trying to protect herself and convince herself that she was right, that she isn't capable or deserving of real love, IDK.. I'd love to sit down with Hart and pick his brain on this.. Or I just over think the storyline and read too much into it loco
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamerktm411 Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:35 am

Okay, it's easy to say I love you to people when it's not as important.
To your friends, to someone you know, whatever... when it's not a big deal saying I love you is easy.

But have you ever had to say I love you to the person you KNOW is the love of your life? It's so much more difficult... because it means so much more.
dreamerktm411
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1255
Say What You Want : "I hope you find something that just changes the entire notion of what it means to be human."
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bella Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:00 am

MI_Bonesgirl
Ok, I wasn't going to get into the whole Booth/DB/writing issue and rub salt in the proverbial wounds, but something that bugs me, Booth can tell Brennan that he LOVES Hannah-after all of what-knowing her for 7 months at the absolute most? But all he could say to Brennan who he supposedly knew was the one for him after 6 YEARS was "I believe in giving this a chance" scratch
That just reinforces that Booth was never IN LOVE with Brennan. He *thought* he loved her, he loved the idea of loving her, but he was obviously confusing the sexual attraction of working together closely with love.
I listened to Booth's admission of being in love with Hannah in that clip and it came from Bones pushing him into it almost, something I agree with other posters I wish she would stop doing because clearly it gets his back up. However, Bones is in her own way trying to figure out this "love thing" from her clinical point of view and he ends up having to justify his feelings in a rushed 'I do love her, I do..." then quick change of conversation. I think it's different to him staring into Hannah's eyes and saying I love you - if the writers to that I think they are really setting out to destroy a future for the B&B relationship. I think Booth believes he loves Hannah. The story from HH is this idea that Bones is the one he belongs with whilst Hannah is apparently the perfect one for him that he should be truly in love with as Bones is anything but perfect. If we follow that, then Booth is still truly in love with Bones not just in the idea of it but because of circumstances he's had to settle for second best so he decides to do the best he can with that and 'love' Hannah.

I read that GMMR interview with Hart-he HEARS the fan frustration, but I don't think he "gets" the fan frustration. There is an obvious disconnect between the way things are written, to the way they are acted, to the way they come across on screen and the way the audience interprets them. He thinks that we shouldn't believe that B&B missed their moment-but it's going to take ALOT to convince me now that they belong together. I'm not really sure Hart and DB are on the same page with the portrayal of Booth this season. David seems to think it's all about revenge on Brennan for rejecting him-and that is coming across on screen, where Hart just thinks he's attempting to "move on".

I agree, I found it really strange that HH saying that Booth is a guy trying to move on and doing the best he can and he is definitely NOT trying to get back at Bones but DB is clearly running it from the bitter ex angle. You need your lead actor to be on the same page as you on this, it's pretty damn important! Meanwhile Emily is in the middle with her character trying to navigate Bones to get more in touch with her feelings and loss over Booth. A bit of mess there.

On the other hand, Brennan is supposed to show regret-I haven't seen that yet..I think she showed more regret at the end of last season than she is showing now. Maybe she's just trying to hide it, I don't know. I mean are we really supposed to believe Brennan is STILL going on about not believing in love-or whatever that spiel was that she was giving to Booth while they were walking through the woods, and then she is just going to wake up one day and realize she loves him??

I think she has shown regret already in many of the facial reactions she has given, I can count at least 3 or 4 instances when it's clear to me she's thinking 'I made a mistake here but what can I do about it?' I think there will be more of these but this being Bones they are going to be subtle so people have to take care and watch out for them, Emily is doing well so far in giving me that impression. I agree that Bones various comments on love are getting old though, I think she does it again in this episode (say there is no such things, it's just chemicals). Come on, she must know now that what she's saying is silly, plus what signals does it send out to Booth? She's too smart to keep doing that.

I guess for me-having this mindset has made me ok with this storyline. Simply because I no longer believe B&B were ever "in love". Sure there was love. They were best friends. They depended on that type of love and belief in each other to survive when they were in danger.

Well my mindset is still going with the idea that Booth has always been in love with her pretty much from the get go really, and that Bones kind of caught up much much later on, struggled with it and still won't give it a name. All the things he's done for her, if it's not genuine love but just the idea of it, well him actually being in love with her would be scary! And again, I go back to HH and one of his recent comments when he said we feel these two people belong together, they are meant for each other, no they are not perfect for each other (like Hannah) but this is what we the fans believe too.

I don't think Hannah is going to be the 3rd wheel in this relationship-I think Brennan is the 3rd wheel. And that is going be tough for THEM and US to overcome.

Although I understand perfectly where you're coming from on the third wheel being Brennan (and right now that is totally coming across), from HH/SN point of view Hannah is the third wheel for them, she's the one to manipulate into getting Booth and Bones to do certain things to get them where they need their characters to be later on in the season. B&B are the centre of the show, this is not meant to be turning into the Hannah Bones and Booth show. As I've said before she is a lovely, warm, bright, shiny oh so obvious plot device to delay what even they must realise is the inevitable - B&B getting together.

Although the way things are going they could really screw this up big time if they get the interactions between Hannah, Booth and Bones wrong, they could risk fans no longer believing in Booth's absolute love and devotion to Bones underneath it all and that's why it's so important that DB and the writers/directors should ensure they are all on the same page with the character arc, otherwise you just get jerk Booth!

I think I've written way too much today on this minute or two of clips! Better save some energy up for the actual episode. Smile

bella
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkonBrink Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:11 am

Chocolate Chip wrote:Booth is going to spend time with Hannah and less time with Brennan, that is the way it should be realistically - it was the same when Bren dated Sully they had reduced B&B with Bren spending more time with him, going on vacation time on his boat.

Hannah is the female Sully! Very Happy
1) Begrudgingly, you have to admit that they make their respective partner happy. (Happy-ish!) Check.
2) They have an outgoing personality. Check.
3) They like to travel. Check.
4) They have Big Hair. Check.
5) The 'outside' character has to suck it up while the other two make kissyface. Check.
6) We have to endure watching rolling around naked bedness that's not B&B AGAIN. Check.
7) They eventually give their partner an ultimatum with the relationship...?
8 ) They disappear on a boat out into the ocean and are never seen again...?
(Helped greatly by the fact they get their own lead in another show!!! Very Happy )

Please let No 8 come true! Razz
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

The tree went Crash!

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:53 am

So, he actually told that he loves Hanna after maybe 7 months but never ever told it to Brennan after 7 years?.. It's bitter.
My heart is [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:58 am

I don't expect Booth to coddle Bones but she's still supposed to be his best friend - he's treating her like a stranger he can hardly bear to spend five minutes around.

To the poster who said this is what Brennan wanted - I don't agree. She didn't want to risk what they had before (a close friendship and working partnership) for a romantic relationship because her relationship with Booth is too important to her. I doubt having Booth treating her like a total stranger; refusing to have a non-work related conversation with her; turning their relationship into a work focused relationship with no friendship or camaraderie or any of the other aspects of BB's relationship we all love to watch is what she wanted.

I honestly don't know how many more eps I can watch, BBs relationship is my favourite aspect of the show, even the platonic friend nature of their relationship was lacking in the premiere and clips we've seen. IMO, Booth is acting like jerk off. You can have a GF and still treat your best friend like... well... your best friend.

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:26 am

Doctor B...WE know that that is what Brennan was doing and wanted. but does BOOTH know that? Because as much as people harp on Booth not telling Brennan that he loved her, she didn't tell him anything but that she still wanted to WORK with him and that their partnership was important to her. But then that partnership went out the window when she told him she was tired of murder and left for Maluku, which told him that even their partnership was only 2nd important to her. So why should he be all chummy chummy with her? He doesn't know that she wanted to stay friends (especially since he thought that he was the only one she wasn't keeping in touch with) just like she didn't know that he was in love with her after the 100th.

Both Booth and Brennan are just trying to deal the best they can with what they have right now. Is it going to be pretty? No.

Maybe Booth never told Brennan he loved her because just the word "love" freaks her out. Was it the right approach saying "give us a chance"? probably not, but I still say that even if he told her that he loved her the outcome still would have been the same...maybe even worse.

Maybe it's easy for Booth to say he loves Hannah because she's receptive of it, she obviously is very affectionate with him...it's easier to tell someone you love them when you can feel the love in return. And remember Booth told GG "she doesn't love me." in regards to Brennan.

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkonBrink Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:28 am

DoctorB wrote: IMO, Booth is acting like jerk off. You can have a GF and still treat your best friend like... well... your best friend.

You can if your Best Friend is JUST your best friend. Not say...your soul mate, the "One", the love of your life, your best friend that you also want to make love (not crappy sex) with, the one you're trying to get over, the one you cannot have, the one that's fine with Hannah (and she never lies, right?)

Booth has to walk a very fine line here. Too close to Brennan and Hannah begins to wonder if there's more going on here than a working relationship? Also, too close to Brennan and Booth risks overstepping the new line Brennan etched out that night outside the FBI...Too close is also very dangerous for Booth (kind of like being around the casino in Vegas...getting back the gamblers itch...) But, you know, Booth's not perfect...(*thinks about Booth's imperfections*) he once shot a plastic clown off an ice cream truck?! Very Happy
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

The tree went Crash!

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:39 am

DoctorB wrote:I don't expect Booth to coddle Bones but she's still supposed to be his best friend - he's treating her like a stranger he can hardly bear to spend five minutes around.

To the poster who said this is what Brennan wanted - I don't agree. She didn't want to risk what they had before (a close friendship and working partnership) for a romantic relationship because her relationship with Booth is too important to her. I doubt having Booth treating her like a total stranger; refusing to have a non-work related conversation with her; turning their relationship into a work focused relationship with no friendship or camaraderie or any of the other aspects of BB's relationship we all love to watch is what she wanted.

I honestly don't know how many more eps I can watch, BBs relationship is my favourite aspect of the show, even the platonic friend nature of their relationship was lacking in the premiere and clips we've seen. IMO, Booth is acting like jerk off. You can have a GF and still treat your best friend like... well... your best friend.

No you can't. Not when you are in love with your best friend.... I only had a crush on one of my best friends and it made things incredibly awkward for me and I treated him different because of it. Booth IMO is trying to find a happy medium for everyone, and he's not quite there yet.

***Just realized that TinkonBrink already said this much more eloquently LOL
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Lo Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:14 am

Oh man people are going to hate me, but I LOVE seeing Brennan sad. I think it forces her to seek support and open up to someone (whoever it ends up being, who knows?). But, her being sad definitely gives her character some sense of humanity which at times she usually lacks.

She isn't showing jealousy towards Booth's new interest (which is the mature route), but her being sad - shows that she is at least affected by it emotionally. So I enjoyed seeing that, because it's a step in the right direction for her.

I gotta say Clark has a great presence, he adds a lot to that lab. He's a more socialized Zack. Just love it. And Hodgin's comment at the end is hilarious!
Lo
Lo
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 683
Say What You Want : Icon: tempertemper77 @ lj
Registration date : 2008-06-15

http://twitter.com/clairedietz

Back to top Go down

Post by clair82 Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:26 am

bailey wrote:
clair82 wrote:
And I hope they go with the second exit we saw ... the first take David is saying "let's go, let's go, let's go" to Hannah as they leave, the second take he says "Bye" to Brennan and keeps looking back at her. Perhaps whihc take they go with there will tell us something.

It's kind of like he doesn't want his separate lives to mix. Maybe he is scared that Hannah will realise that he isn't over Brennan if they all spend too much time together. He's trying to 'slow down' the torpedo. If he carries on like this, shutting Brennan out, he has to come to the realisation that he is hurting her. Maybe she will call him on it.

Just watched the interview with Kathryn, and I wanted to say that I like that Hannah is going to respect Brennan. I think part of my fear was that Brennan would respect Hannah and see all the good qualities in her, but Hannah would just see Brennan has someone Booth works with ... kinda looks like Hannah is going to realize what Brennan is, as a scientist and eventually what she is to Booth. And that's when I think this relationship between Hannah and Booth will end.

Hmm, you're right, I agree. He's trying very hard to convince himself that Bones is not the one for him and he needs to move on. But, if you believe you've been in love with someone for 6 or 7 years, how easy would it be to move on??? Not very. I believe he cares for Hannah deeply, she shares something with him that none of the DC crew do (war experience), but Brennan is the only one for him. I hope Brennan asks him why he is shutting her out, why he isn't her 'best friend' anymore. Could make for an interesting conversation.....

clair82
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 38
Say What You Want : Everybody poops. They even wrote a book about it...
Registration date : 2010-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:29 am

JMHO but I believe Brennan saying love is a chemical reaction as a way of dealing with her regret. She's trying to convince heself that what she believed was right, and that romantic love is temporary. If Booth is trying to deal by drawing a line, Brennan is trying to deal by convincing herself none of it was real. Its saddens me more than anything.
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:33 am

DoctorB wrote:I don't expect Booth to coddle Bones but she's still supposed to be his best friend - he's treating her like a stranger he can hardly bear to spend five minutes around.

You may or may not be talking about me, but I did say something that that effect. Smile

No, I don't think it's what Brennan wants either, but I think it's what Booth thinks she wants. Because when he told her he needed to move on and fall in love, she said "I know." I'm not sure why he would think otherwise at this point.

And I'm not sure where you're getting that he's shutting her out??? In the first ep, they went out for drinks twice. And from what we know about the second ep, they go out again twice ... yea, Hannah shows up but he is still doing non work stuff with Brennan, so I'm confused as to what you're saying here. He isn't treating her like a total stranger, IMO. If he was treating her like you're saying, he wouldn't be taking her out after work period. It'd be, "See ya Bones!" as he walked out the door at the end of the day.

bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by 19ana89 Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:10 pm

I can't see it!!! Sad I hear it, but I can't see it... I got the new internet explorer 9 and ever since, I can't see videos unless they're on youtube or hulu... I can't even do games on facebook! Sad anyone have a youtube link to it?
19ana89
19ana89
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1938
Say What You Want : Ones who flaunt their power disappear when the truly powerful appear.
Registration date : 2009-01-13

https://www.facebook.com/19ana89

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next