Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Bones' Wins in the Tubey Awards!

5 posters

:: News

Go down

'Bones' Wins in the Tubey Awards! Empty 'Bones' Wins in the Tubey Awards!

Post by bugaboo628 Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:46 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Worst Payoff

Winner: Booth and Bones finally kiss and then decide they don't really want to go down that road (Bones)

AND

Neverending Subplot Most in Need of Resolution

Winner: The will they/won't they of Bones and Booth (Bones)

bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

'Bones' Wins in the Tubey Awards! Empty Re: 'Bones' Wins in the Tubey Awards!

Post by joybrennan Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:57 am

I tweeted Hart a congratulations. Twisted Evil
Absolutely well deserved! He might note that "The Closer" which put the Couple together in Season 3 - got another Emmy nod. I think the Closer gets a nod for the actress often. Hmmm...Bones is like, NEVER nominated ( I think they had one nod for props last year) - Coincidence? Maybe not. Maybe the whole "letting the story take its course" gives the actress more realistic emotions to play with, leading to more interesting performances. Shocked Rolling Eyes
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:49 am

joybrennan wrote:I tweeted Hart a congratulations. Twisted Evil
Absolutely well deserved! He might note that "The Closer" which put the Couple together in Season 3 - got another Emmy nod. I think the Closer gets a nod for the actress often. Hmmm...Bones is like, NEVER nominated ( I think they had one nod for props last year) - Coincidence? Maybe not. Maybe the whole "letting the story take its course" gives the actress more realistic emotions to play with, leading to more interesting performances. Shocked Rolling Eyes
He-heee... sorry Joy, but as a HUGE and CRAZY Closer fan I just have to correct: James Duff (the creator of The Closer) put Brenda and Fritz together in 1x05 (it's not a mistake: 5th ep of season ONE!), by the end of Season 4 they got married, are still together, and the show got renewed for Season 7. Very Happy
But otherwise I completely agree: that's a very good example how a commited couple has to be handled.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamerktm411 Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:59 am

Um, sorry I know this is off topic, but mereva, I have a ridiculous love for your icon. Smile It made me laugh so much.
dreamerktm411
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1255
Say What You Want : "I hope you find something that just changes the entire notion of what it means to be human."
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:10 am

mereva wrote:
He-heee... sorry Joy, but as a HUGE and CRAZY Closer fan I just have to correct: James Duff (the creator of The Closer) put Brenda and Fritz together in 1x05 (it's not a mistake: 5th ep of season ONE!), by the end of Season 4 they got married, are still together, and the show got renewed for Season 7. Very Happy
But otherwise I completely agree: that's a very good example how a commited couple has to be handled.
lol!

You are correct! Very Happy Burn Notice is pretty good also. They aren't a "couple" exactly - but the feelings, passion and issues are out in the open and in the mix. Unlike Bones where it's taken 100 episodes for someone to ask a damn thing, Rolling Eyes
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:55 pm

mereva wrote:
Ah Mer, you're a Closer fan too?! I love that show, and Kyra Sedgwick is amazing isn't she? That show is a straight procedural where the case work always takes precedence and the side stories about everyone's lives (with Brenda and Fritz taking center stage, of course) are woven in and out of the case. There's no separation from them as there is in Bones, and yes sometimes it's messy when the cases bleed into the character stories but then that's how it is in real life. I think that's what makes it such a good show.

Proof once again that Hart can't be trusted to run his own house.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:30 am

Aaaaaaand... Kyra won an Emmy yesterday (Lead Actress Drama Series)! Well deserved! flower
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down