Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A different look at ED's guy :)

+17
DBCrazy
ILovePie930
tinge1990
snoozy
Fi1975
bugaboo628
bailey
ToZiKa
the beaver1965
tinkrella
Meegs82
empiricist
jro54
treble21
twss17
joybrennan
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

A different look at ED's guy :) - Page 3 Empty Re: A different look at ED's guy :)

Post by joybrennan Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:44 am

tinkrella wrote:hart and emily's bf are friends. it's nice he said that. 2Tup

confused
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

A different look at ED's guy :) - Page 3 Empty Re: A different look at ED's guy :)

Post by tinkrella Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:39 am

joybrennan wrote:
tinkrella wrote:hart and emily's bf are friends. it's nice he said that. 2Tup

confused

i meant for that to be a regular smiley! not that odd one....lol

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:13 am

AHHH. [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:01 am

joybrennan wrote:AHHH. [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

what does that smiley even mean? lol

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:27 am

tinkrella wrote:

basically F U or up yours. :shocked:

See why I was confused Very Happy
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:00 am

joybrennan wrote:
tinkrella wrote:

hmmm It says it's 2Tup which is 2 thumbs up, but It does kinda look like an up yours....
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:01 am

treble21 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
tinkrella wrote:

hmmm It says it's 2Tup which is 2 thumbs up, but It does kinda look like an up yours....

Wow, I think you're right. I never use it because I've always thought it meant "Up yours." So, I went to the smiley page and looked it up. The smileys for "Up yours" are like this: [Only admins are allowed to see this link] the finger really is in the middle tongue
Well...this has been educational. [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:13 pm

hmmm.....either way i swear i wanted a regular smiley! lol i would never intentionally put an up yours on an emily thread!!! lol two thumbs up....i can see the mix up now lol

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MorWeb Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:01 pm

Any guy who makes Emily smile like this...

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Is a-ok with me. Cool

Another poster wondered why we would even care who she's with. Rolling Eyes My theory...her performances on Bones bring us joy & other embraceable emotions therefore we only want the best for her cheers (and subconsciously this is because we just want Bones to continue into perpetuity thus we are all incredibly selfish in our desire for her to be happy Shocked). Human nature...ain't it a beautiful thing! loco yinyang sunny
MorWeb
MorWeb
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 43
Say What You Want : "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility."~Uncle Ben Parker...May HH be forever reminded of this when he thinks of the B/B Shippers!
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:26 am

Figure this is kinda the unoffical/offical thread for Emily's David so here are some interviews with him that I found on wikipedia while surfing aimlessly earlier on my phone. (Work was kinda slow today.) Thought they were interesting, I'd never heard him interviewed before, no talk about Emily or anything but still kinda cool to read. Smile

The first is from Feburary of 2009 when he first started working on Fanboy and Chum Chum. Note what he says about message boards ... very true. Lol.

(http://frederatorblogs.com/fan_boy/2009/02/26/meet-david-hornsby/)

Mr David Hornsby’s lengthy resume includes acting gigs in the feature films Flags of Our Fathers and Christmas with the Kranks. On TV, he’s appeared on Six Feet Under and The Joe Schmo Show (he was ’the Asshole’). He’s played Matthew Mara on Eric Robles’s favorite show, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, a project on which he’s also been story editor and supervising producer. While he’s been busy lately on the new FOX pilot Boldly Going Nowhere, David’s destined to be best remembered as the voice of America’s most-beloved cartoon character, Fanboy. Here, we tried his patience with this brief but wildly informative interview.

Frederator: What’s the David Hornsby Story, in 150 words or less?

David: I’m a Southerner. I grew up going to private school in Houston, Texas where, in high school, we’d wear what we call a ‘Texas Tux’ to proms. (Top half tux, cummerbund, bottom half jeans and boots.) At one point when I was younger I seriously contemplated being an animator, as I’ve always drawn, but ultimately ruled it out when I fell into acting. I ended up becoming a total theatre geek in high school. I went to drama school, moved to New York, then LA, yada, yada, yada. And finally, after being a temp, a nanny, a caterer, valet, food expeditor on the Sunset strip, a waiter and a telemarketer, I started to gain some momentum acting and writing and landed where I am today: A grown man playing a ten year old boy. I couldn’t be happier.

Frederator: What was your favorite cartoon growing up?

David Hornsby: Robotech. On Channel 39 in Houston, after school. I liked it because it was a cartoon of epic scope that covered three generations of galactic fighters. It was actually pretty dark stuff. It also had a motorcycle that wrapped around your body into a suit of armor. (Still waiting for that technology.) Also, when you’ve got a story editor as good as Carl Macek on a show, you know you’re in good hands… I just looked that up on the internet to sound smarter. (I think it totally worked.)

Frederator: Where do you get your creative inspiration?

David: Tough to say where creative inspiration comes from. Surrounding myself with talented, ambitious friends who make me laugh and raise my bar inspires me. Also everyday life. There are so many great interesting characters in the world. (Especially in my neighborhood.) I can definitely answer where I don’t get creative inspiration from: internet message boards. They can be brutal. I say avoid them.

David with Paul Giamatti and Billy Crudup in Pretty Bird

Frederator: Any words of showbiz advice?

David: Do it yourself and be persistent! Don’t just wait around for someone to hand it to you. There’s no right path so just create what you want… preferably in a form that can be viewed on a dvd player by someone important who’s probably gonna watch/listen/look at it at their convenience at two in the morning in their underwear.

Frederator: If you could meet any artist, living or not, who would it be?

David: Are we talking a time-travel situation? Cause if that’s the case I’d probably utilize that technology to win a lottery or invest a buncha money into the stock market. That seems much more beneficial. Then again, there’s the whole butterfly effect… this scenario you’ve proposed is a dangerous game.

Frederator: What excited you about working on Fanboy & Chum Chum?

David: The level of talent behind this show is extremely high. The scripts are very funny and character-driven, headed by Steve Tompkins and his small crew of writers who are working at breakneck speeds. Creator Eric Robles’ talent and enthusiasm could power Ventura County alone. Plus, the animation is at a level I’ve not seen on TV before. Nickelodeon’s first original creator driven CG show in HD.

Frederator: If you had any super power what would it be?

David: The power to make my 89-year-old grandfather vote Democratic.

Thanks for your time, David.

(And thanks to Angie Polk for the interview work.)

– Eric (Homan)

And a second one from his days on Joe Schmo.
(http://articles.dailypress.com/2003-10-07/news/0310070016_1_joe-schmo-show-spike-tv-mullets)

David Hornsby wants you to know one thing about the characters he plays on prime-time TV. "They're both so unlike me," he says, with such sincerity that it's easy to miss the subtle humor of the statement. "You know," he adds, "me and my angelic personality."

The truth is, if Hornsby was anything like slow-witted Denny Mullet or foul-mouthed Steve "Hutch" Hutchinson, the Newport News native would have a hard time holding down any job at all. Instead, after years of trying to establish himself as an actor, he is currently starring on UPN's lowbrow sitcom "The Mullets" and Spike TV's faux-reality "Joe Schmo Show."

The shows go up against each other on Tuesday nights -- "I'm kicking my own butt in the ratings," Hornsby jokes -- and each is quickly finding its niche. "The Mullets" recently landed Hornsby's picture in Time Magazine, and "Joe Schmo" has emerged as the flagship of the fledgling Spike TV network, drawing more than a million viewers for last week's episode and rapidly increasing its audience with each episode as word-of-mouth spreads.

Speaking by phone during a lunch break on the "Mullets" set, Hornsby said he is enjoying his newfound exposure through the two shows.

"Every actor has the same weakness, really - an insecurity about not working ever again," Hornsby says. "It's a free-lance job, and you never know when the work is going to come. But being in 'The Mullets,' having one of the leads, hopefully I won't be serving fries again anytime soon. That's what I care about. "It's cool to have your picture in Time Magazine, but it's more cool to just be able to live comfortably and not worry about when the next paying job is coming. I had been working really hard just to pay the rent, and once you come from that place you know just how hard it is to make a living. It makes you realize what's important."

Hornsby, 27, was born in Newport News but moved to Houston with his family before he entered school. He still has relatives on the Peninsula, and his family frequently vacations in Virginia Beach.

After graduating from Carnegie Mellon University in 1998, he worked in the theater and took bit parts on TV and in movies, landing small speaking roles in the hit films "Pearl Harbor" and "Minority Report." He was still waiting tables while playing a recurring role on the HBO series "Six Feet Under."

But everything changed last spring.

In March, Spike TV was casting "Joe Schmo," a parody of "reality TV" in which one unsuspecting contestant thinks he is playing in a "Survivor"-style game show - oblivious to the fact that the other contestants are actors carrying out pre-arranged storylines to see how the one real guy will respond.

The producers cast Hornsby as Hutch the Jerk (that's not the actual word they use in the cable TV show, but it's as close as we can come in a family newspaper). The character is a crude, temperamental dirtbag who bears at least a passing resemblance to Puck Rainey, the obnoxious slob who developed a cult following on the first season of MTV's "The Real World."

When the producers learned that their unsuspecting real-life contestant was a fan of "Six Feet Under," they feared he would recognize Hornsby from his seven appearances on that show. So they had him grow a goatee, which turned out to be perfectly in character for Hutch.

"The dialogue is almost entirely improvised," he said. "When I was cast, they just told me the character was a former security guard, a very angry guy who failed the psych test. Eventually, it sort of evolved. When we first started the show, I came out guns a-blazing, but as it went on it became like a marathon. In a sense, it's hard to be (a jerk) for 24 hours a day, but then again, it's not all that difficult to be offensive and gross."

Spike TV cast the show in March and filmed it in June. In between, Hornsby landed the role of Denny Mullet, one of the two dim-bulb brothers on UPN's "The Mullets." He and co-star Michael Weaver proudly sport the eponymous hairstyle - "business in the front, party in the back," they crow - and bumble about with their mother (played by "WKRP's" Loni Anderson) while antagonizing their stepfather, a pompous TV game show host.

"What I love about 'The Mullets,'" Hornsby said, "is that it has some of those old 'I Love Lucy' comedy moments. You know the characters, and you just put them in a bizarre situation and let them try to keep up."

Unlike Hutch, Denny Mullet is clean-shaven. And while Hornsby freely acknowledges that he grew the goatee for his character on "Joe Schmo," he declines to admit whether his flowing locks on "The Mullets" are real or fake.

"Cannot confirm or deny," he said with a laugh. "That's Hollywood magic."

And finally here's a link to a radio interview about Yoda and Me.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Someone on wikipedia had really done their homework. Lol.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:56 pm

he went to Carnegie Melon? I didn't know that. this is the most I've ever read/heard about him! thanks for those.

I agree with the message board/internet thing. It's pretty nice here (because mean-ness is not tolerated) but it's not like that everywhere and it's a shame.

I know it's hard to get a persons personality from just paper interviews, but, he seems pretty down to earth like Emily.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum