Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official ~ "I hope Brennan gets a new costume designer" thread (split)

+24
tinge1990
SnoopGirl
future_anthro
Brain&Heart
ddc
i_heart_bones
HermioneGirl101
spectacularviews
katharine
Lyanna Stark
rexcat
Ankuuh
Murphs93
kat0505
treble21
joybrennan
MI_Bonesgirl
tinkrella
gordongordonfan
jsgemini
dreamerktm411
jro54
the beaver1965
elyon
28 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Official ~ "I hope Brennan gets a new costume designer" thread (split) Empty The Official ~ "I hope Brennan gets a new costume designer" thread (split)

Post by elyon Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:23 am

It looks like a lot more fun for the actors too. I second the motion. And for God's sake get a costume designer for Emily. Ever since Bobbie Read left, she's looked like some 1980's suburban housewife with no clothes sense. Where is the cutting edge, hot mama, kick-ass style of the first 3 seasons?

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

The Official ~ "I hope Brennan gets a new costume designer" thread (split) Empty Re: The Official ~ "I hope Brennan gets a new costume designer" thread (split)

Post by the beaver1965 Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:39 am

To me, Emily can't look bad!! I will admit though, because of the clothes she wears, she looks better sometimes more than others. Same with David. I have Bones friends who HATE when he doesn't shave, Same as Emily, he can't look bad. They are both gorgeous people who would have a hard time looking bad, even they tried.

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

The Official ~ "I hope Brennan gets a new costume designer" thread (split) Empty Re: The Official ~ "I hope Brennan gets a new costume designer" thread (split)

Post by elyon Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:43 am

Yes, but they can look their best. In season 2 Emily's hair, make-up and costumes were spot on. This whole drab, wrinkled trenchcoat look that has dominated since Bobbie Read left in the middle of season 4 (what was up with that, by the way?) just isn't as flattering. She's far too beautiful for the costumer(s) not to do right by her.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:58 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:
the beaver1965 wrote:To me, Emily can't look bad!! I will admit though, because of the clothes she wears, she looks better sometimes more than others. Same with David. I have Bones friends who HATE when he doesn't shave, Same as Emily, he can't look bad. They are both gorgeous people who would have a hard time looking bad, even they tried.

OMG I love it when he doesn't shave!! Nothing is hotter than scruffy DB/Booth. Girl in the Gator and the beginning of Harbinger's? Yeah. To quote Angela-I'd like to buy a ticket for that ride Twisted Evil

Ooooh. Me too. DB/Booth looks sexiest when he doesn't shave. *faints* I don't think David and Emily can never look bad, but I do think Emily needs a new stylist on the show. I didn't like her hair and ugly flowy dresses in S5.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:01 am

Let's all agree that if they're handing out Booth's, the line is going to be very, very, very long. Ditto Jro54 on the flowery dresses and clunky heels.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamerktm411 Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:09 am

elyon wrote:Let's all agree that if they're handing out Booth's, the line is going to be very, very, very long. Ditto Jro54 on the flowery dresses and clunky heels.

Hahaha. I <3ed that. Smile
dreamerktm411
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1255
Say What You Want : "I hope you find something that just changes the entire notion of what it means to be human."
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamerktm411 Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:12 am

jro54 wrote:
MI_Bonesgirl wrote:
the beaver1965 wrote:To me, Emily can't look bad!! I will admit though, because of the clothes she wears, she looks better sometimes more than others. Same with David. I have Bones friends who HATE when he doesn't shave, Same as Emily, he can't look bad. They are both gorgeous people who would have a hard time looking bad, even they tried.

OMG I love it when he doesn't shave!! Nothing is hotter than scruffy DB/Booth. Girl in the Gator and the beginning of Harbinger's? Yeah. To quote Angela-I'd like to buy a ticket for that ride Twisted Evil

Ooooh. Me too. DB/Booth looks sexiest when he doesn't shave. *faints* I don't think David and Emily can never look bad, but I do think Emily needs a new stylist on the show. I didn't like her hair and ugly flowy dresses in S5.

Haha, I agree. I like her old jacket/clunky necklace/ jeans/boots outfits. I don't think the clothes were ugly necessarily, I just don't think they fit the character. And her hair was kind of weird.
Worst part is, even with the bad wardrobe, she still is stunning. I'd give an arm and a leg to look like her.
dreamerktm411
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1255
Say What You Want : "I hope you find something that just changes the entire notion of what it means to be human."

Back to top Go down

Post by jsgemini Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:13 am

ED is a beautiful woman, but I agree with the wardrobe. I wrote this on another post but I'll repeat it here: I would love to see her return from Muluku with her eco-warrior look again. She is on a dig for a year so to come back and immediately return to wearing trench coats and housewife dresses from the fifties just wouldn't make sense.
jsgemini
jsgemini
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 306

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:20 am

jsgemini wrote:ED is a beautiful woman, but I agree with the wardrobe. I wrote this on another post but I'll repeat it here: I would love to see her return from Muluku with her eco-warrior look again. She is on a dig for a year so to come back and immediately return to wearing trench coats and housewife dresses from the fifties just wouldn't make sense.

LOL... that is the BEST description for the way they dressed Brennan in season 5... "housewife dresses from the fifties".. SPOT ON. Not saying a few of these outfits weren't okay, or if they were only work on occassion, but this look was so repetative this season, and it made her look much older and not quite like "herself" I think. She's not the June Cleaver type, KWIM?

I also love the jeans and tight shirts, boots etc.. from earlier seasons... and then when they did dress her up it was like WOW kind of dressed up! (With the super beautiful dresses for benefits, heavy make up and exotic jewelry... really made Booth "take notice" LOL) She looked younger, sexier and "boring" was never a word you could apply to her "look" back then.
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:29 am

Totally agree. Maybe someone could ask about Brennan's 'look' at ComicCon?

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:10 am

I agree with the wardrobe. I have no idea what the wardrobe department started doing, but I don't like it. Emily has such an amazing figure and most of the outfits from season five just....did not do it justice. She still looked great! But, I don't know....they didn't really work for her body or the character (imo) I loved her outfits from seasons 1-3. The jeans rocked on her! And it made sense...because they were always out in the field and she worked at a lab not an office building.

I wonder how much influence they have on their costumes. David has a lot on his. A lot of his stuff are vintage shirts he picks out. Some he probably even owns like the Flyers T-shirt. The cocky belt buckle is actually his. I read that Emily likes to work in the organic and vegan stuff into brennan's clothes.

While we're on the costume subject...I think Cam's outfits are usually way too over the top for the lab setting. She looks amazing in those outfits...but I think it's a tad much.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:02 am

Cam's clothes look strictly designer and at least are classy, unlike poor Cuddy's on 'House' which scream inappropriate. DB has his own costumer so he looks snappy rogue/rebel Booth. Bobbie Read, who was Emily's costumer until the middle of season 4, did a fabulous job with jeans, slacks, trendy/ethnic tops and great!!! jewelry. But since she left, the Brennan look has just been sad.

I don't know if it's because the showrunners are men that this doesn't seem to be a concern but they really need to amp up the fashion with Brennan. It is so drab and unflattering.

My opinion purely but that dress she wore in Sweets' office in the 100th was too hideous for words. Then throw in the Sparkle Plenty cotton skirts and clunky heels -- oh, Brennan, you do need a change.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jsgemini Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:07 am

gordongordonfan wrote:
jsgemini wrote:ED is a beautiful woman, but I agree with the wardrobe. I wrote this on another post but I'll repeat it here: I would love to see her return from Muluku with her eco-warrior look again. She is on a dig for a year so to come back and immediately return to wearing trench coats and housewife dresses from the fifties just wouldn't make sense.

LOL... that is the BEST description for the way they dressed Brennan in season 5... "housewife dresses from the fifties".. SPOT ON. Not saying a few of these outfits weren't okay, or if they were only work on occassion, but this look was so repetative this season, and it made her look much older and not quite like "herself" I think. She's not the June Cleaver type, KWIM?

I also love the jeans and tight shirts, boots etc.. from earlier seasons... and then when they did dress her up it was like WOW kind of dressed up! (With the super beautiful dresses for benefits, heavy make up and exotic jewelry... really made Booth "take notice" LOL) She looked younger, sexier and "boring" was never a word you could apply to her "look" back then.

I'm glad you approve gordangordanfan! I just kept thinking of Lucille Ball when I saw some of the dresses they put on her. All that was missing was Booth coming out with a cuban accent and we could change the name of the show to I Love Tempe (don't even try to deny that you didn't just picture Booth wagging his finger at Brennan saying "Temmmmpeee") LOL I agree that some of the outfits were nice in season 5, but I think it was towards the end that it got more housewifey-ish. The whole coat thing has to go. Once in awhile is fine, but it was enough to have people questioning whether she was pregnant or not. IMO I don't want to look like I'm preggo if I'm not. As long as she doesn't wear jackets and housewife dresses of the fifties in season six, I'll be happy! (Just for the fun of it, I made a quick lil comparision):
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
jsgemini
jsgemini
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 306

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:10 am

jsgemini wrote:
gordongordonfan wrote:

I'm glad you approve gordangordanfan! I just kept thinking of Lucille Ball when I saw some of the dresses they put on her. All that was missing was Booth coming out with a cuban accent and we could change the name of the show to I Love Tempe (don't even try to deny that you didn't just picture Booth wagging his finger at Brennan saying "Temmmmpeee") LOL I agree that some of the outfits were nice in season 5, but I think it was towards the end that it got more housewifey-ish. The whole coat thing has to go. Once in awhile is fine, but it was enough to have people questioning whether she was pregnant or not. IMO I don't want to look like I'm preggo if I'm not. As long as she doesn't wear jackets and housewife dresses of the fifties in season six, I'll be happy! (Just for the fun of it, I made a quick lil comparision):

I have to agree. I felt so horrible for Emily that when you typed her name into google search it came up "emily deschanel pregnant." I blame it on the wardrobe. Some of the dresses were not flattering. Emily rocks some great dresses and outfits outside of bones....so I can't imagine it is her picking out the clothes.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:37 am

tinkrella wrote:
jsgemini wrote:
gordongordonfan wrote:

I have to agree. I felt so horrible for Emily that when you typed her name into google search it came up "emily deschanel pregnant." I blame it on the wardrobe. Some of the dresses were not flattering. Emily rocks some great dresses and outfits outside of bones....so I can't imagine it is her picking out the clothes.

I always feel so bad for her because the pregnancy rumor is always going around...first everyone thought she was pregnant with the "Brennan's desire to have a baby" storyline in S4 and then last fall with her ugly, housewife dresses...and she always denies it and says that she wouldn't have time for a kid, not even a dog because she is so busy with Bones, her charity work and her other projects.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:23 pm

Ok I agree about Brennan's clothes. Yuck. Even S4 wasn't as bad as S5. I do have to admit, I like that white jacket. I liked the shorter one from the 100th flashback better, but I can handle the longer one. They do need to put her back in jeans and boots though. I want my kick ass Brennan back. It's got to be hard to kick someone's ass when you are dressed like your great grandmother. Just sayin.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:33 pm

I gather this is now "the offical 'I don't think Bones' clothes will suck the most in season six' discussion." Razz
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:05 pm

joybrennan wrote:I gather this is now "the offical 'I don't think Bones' clothes will suck the most in season six' discussion." Razz

LOL yes it does seem that's where this is heading Wink Do you think we should separate this out into a new thread?
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:55 pm

LOL! We are so easily distracted off topic aren't we?! [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

But I HAVE to say... jsgemini- I now absolutely CAN NOT get the image of Booth in a wide legged snazzy suit wagging that finger and saying "Tempeeee... I told you not to play with the evidence"!! And Brennan saying "But Boothy, I juuust waaanted to heeeelp, WAAAAAA"... LMAO!! And I guess Angela can be the neighbor friend next door who helps get her into trouble? (was her name "Ethel?")... Absolutely HYSTERICAL! And the picture comparison- priceless!

Instead of a sexy film noir version they were once considering... you've now given them a new direction! If there was a new thread we could call it "I Love Bones Crossover " :-) LOL
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:00 pm

treble21 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:I gather this is now "the offical 'I don't think Bones' clothes will suck the most in season six' discussion." Razz

LOL yes it does seem that's where this is heading Wink Do you think we should separate this out into a new thread?

YEP. Sounds like an excellent idea. Smile I think it gets derailed somewhere around the middle of page 13. Wink
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:45 am

joybrennan wrote:
treble21 wrote:

YEP. Sounds like an excellent idea. Smile I think it gets derailed somewhere around the middle of page 13. Wink

Ok I'm gonna try this, first time I've ever done it so we'll see how it works LOL....
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:53 am

Yay I did it! my first official Mod action! Woot! LOL Also moving this to show discussion since this isn't really spoiler oriented.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:01 am

Somebody tweet the Tempe/Lucy pic to HH. It says more than 1000 words. Totally brilliant.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by kat0505 Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:04 am

To me it seems like they started changing her clothing because her character started to change too. Although i also prefer her previous clothing.
Maybe this season her clothing will change again. Who knows??
More sexy???
kat0505
kat0505
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:14 am

They changed her clothing because costumer Bobbie Read left the show and a string of other people took over, people that don't seem to have had as deep an understanding of Temperance Brennan's character. She's supposed to be dorky and cool at the same time and the clothes now are just dorky, nothing special about them. I love the ethnic jewelry and clothing pieces that Read used. Now the clothes look like something from a thrift store. Brennan is too cool to dress that way.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next