Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cross Roads (complete)

+5
jagglebells
BrainySmurf0302
geraghtyvl
Bonesbabe
dawn
9 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Cross Roads (complete) - Page 4 Empty Re: Cross Roads (complete)

Post by dawn Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:06 am

She tried to pull out of his embrace, but his arm tightened around her.

"Booth..." she began.

"Before you say anything," he interrupted her keeping his hold on her, "remember this is me and you, Bones." he paused, physically turning her chin with his hand forcing her to look at him. "us, we're still the same as we were two days ago."

"Not anymore, Booth."

"wrong, Bones it is us."

"sex changes everything, you told me that."

He looked at her, "your right Bones, it is different. It better. " he looked at her, "don't tell me after last night that you don't feel that way."

He looked at her waiting for her to say something, "I'm not sure what your talking about."

"I'm talking about you and I, and what happened between us. Don't tell me you didn't feel it, I was there, I saw your face." he looked at her expectantly. "You love me. You can't take that back." he wouldn't let her.

She closed her eyes, remembering. She remembered how Booth had touched her, awakened her, not only physically, but something more, too. She felt his hands slide around her waist, pulling her even closer to him. She laid her head in the crook of his neck, "I don't want to take it back." she said in a low voice against his neck.

Booth smiled as he kissed the top of her head, he was tired of wasteing time, "I think we should go back to bed, its still morning." he whispered in her ear. HIs arms came around her, cradeling her like an infant. Without missing a beat, he hefted himself to his feet with her in his arms, and carried her back to his room, kicking the door shut behind him.

dawn
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:52 am

They lay together. She was tucked into his side, his arm keeping her close. She was resting but awake, her finger stroking circles against the skin on Booth's chest. He was staring at the ceiling.

He tipped his chin down, so he could see her face, "We're good here, aren't we Bones?"

Her fingers ceased their movement, as she looked up, "I don't understand the question."

His eyes bored into her hers, inches away, "What I mean is," he paused, his hands sliding around her, pulling her over on top of him, where she couldn't get away, "you and I together, like this," he kissed her, "and like this." she arched her back, against him, his fingers finding her under the covers. "We're good." It was a statement, and not a question.

She looked down at him, slipping her thighs around his, bracing herself on her elbows, hovering over him, "What if they don't let us work together, anymore?"

"If they don't Bones, I'm okay with it." he looked up at her, "because this is way better." he looked at her, "you don't think so?"

"I think," she looked down at him,"you should try to convince me." she gave him a impish grin, "that this is way better," using his words.

Booth tilted his hips against hers, "whatever you say, Dr. Brennan," she moved against him, "I know how you squints need scientific proof." he whispered in her ear, and proceeded to show her.

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:34 pm

"Well?" she asked him, slipping into her shoes. "What did you tell him?"

"Just that you are alive and well."

"You didn't say anything about us?"

He walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist pulling her to him, "Nah, thought I'd wait til Monday. I really just want to enjoy the weekend." he bent and kissed the tip of her nose.

"you call your agent?"

"I did."

"And?"

"She was very happy to hear from me. Apparantly, she was already working on my eulogy for tomorrow's paper." she looked at him. "She's going to contact the press and have them make corrections for tomorrow's paper." She looked up at him, "you know what she told me?"

Booth shook his head, "what?'"

"She thinks that all this is going to make my current book sell even more than it would have. "

"Its a great book, Bones."

"You read it?"

"Of course."

"You hadn't said anything."

"Stay right there." he walked into his room, and came out a minute later.

"Here." he handed her a book.

"Will you sign if for me?" he asked her.

"You bought this?" he nodded, "I would have given you one."

"I wanted to buy it." he handed her a pen.

She opened the front cover, and wrote a small paragraph, and signed her name with a flourish. She snapped the book closed, "You ready, I'm starved." she set the book on his coffee table.

His stomach growled at the mention of food, "I'm ready, Bones." joining her by the door.

"I forgot my phone, just a minute Booth." she left him by the door, and walked into Booth's room.

She was gone half a minute, Booth's eyes drifting over to her book on his coffee table. She still wasn't coming. He walked over and picked it up and flipped open the front cover.

"To Booth, my greatest friend and confidant, thank you for showing me love and laughter, and I look forward to the dance, for the next 30, or 40 or 50 years."

Bones

"I need to pick up my luggage at the airport." she said from the doorway, watching him as he read her words to him. He looked up staring at her. His eyes shiny. She walked to him, as he closed the book softly, setting it back down.

"Thank you." he whispered to her, pulling her to him.

"your welcome." she smiled, giving him a kiss. His stomach growled. "Let's go eat."

"The diner?" he asked.

"Sounds good." he opened the door, "After you, Bones."

"I'd rather wait for you." she said, slipping her arm around his waist. He smiled down at her.

"let's go." and they walked out the door together.

Meanwhile, thousands of miles away a figure of a man swathed in bandages, lay on on a primitive cot.

"Is he going to make it?" a man asked with a heavy accent.

"If the infection doesn't kill him." a woman answered.

"do what you can."

"Of course." they looked over the figure, his eyes opened. They bent down, "what's your name?"

"Stires, Michael Stires." he moaned, before his eyes rolled up into his head, and passed out.

The End.

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:39 pm

Hope everyone liked the story, I am planning on a follow up picking up where this one left off if their is interest in it.

dawn

Last edited by dawn on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

dawn
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:41 pm

It was a VERY good story, I liked it so much.
A sequel is "strongly recommended". Twisted Evil Very Happy
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by geraghtyvl Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:17 am

I loved this story..The inscription in the book brought tears to my eyes. Maybe we will see it someday on Bones! Sequel please!!!!

geraghtyvl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:36 am

This is such a wonderful story. Could you do a nice long chapter each week while we all avoid raghag? You have captured the voices of each member of the team so perfectly. I wish HH&Co would use this as their script when they finally put B&B together! Thank you for sharing this.

Pat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 160
Say What You Want : Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.
Registration date : 2010-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4