Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

just a small little mention...

+8
DBCrazy
howie
dawnsfire
Nightowl
PIMP
THX1138
bugaboo628
RGPageantqueen
12 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

just a small little mention... - Page 3 Empty Re: just a small little mention...

Post by PIMP Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:27 am

queen bess wrote:this thread is disturbing on so many levels......

Finally, a voice of reason. guess we were getting out of hand again.
PIMP
PIMP
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16028
Say What You Want : Don't tempt me, I give in easy.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

just a small little mention... - Page 3 Empty Re: just a small little mention...

Post by THX1138 Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:29 am

PIMP wrote:

Hands where I can see 'em and assume the position!

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by PIMP Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:45 am

THX1138 wrote:
PIMP wrote:

king RM

Any of the girls say that, and I'm willing, but if you think I'm turning my back on you right now, you can forget it!! Laughing
PIMP
PIMP
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:12 am

PIMP wrote:
THX1138 wrote:
PIMP wrote:

king RM

Any of the girls say that, and I'm willing, but if you think I'm turning my back on you right now, you can forget it!! Laughing
heh, I can respect that. It's like going in for you annual check-up. If the doc puts a hand on your shoulder it's a prostate exam, both hands and it's a date.

king RM

You know they do the pink ribbons for breast cancer awareness, even have pink kitchen appliances and the like. I was thinking we could do the same thing for Colon Cancer awareness - Chocolate Brown ribbons for Colon Cancer awareness week, and we could get Stanley or DeWalt to sell a special line of powertools in a nice warm nutty brown color, maybe with corn yellow accents?
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:36 am

I think the Three Stooges have new names: Pimp, THX1138, and Nightowl!!

Somehow I think they might all be pretty good with the juicing it up now and again... take a look!

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:28 am

Is there ANY way you all can cut down on the back-and-forth banter? While you all might find it entertaining, I find it distracting. I came to this thread looking for more discussion on the actual TOPIC and it just becomes a bit irritating to have to sift through it all to find anything having to do with the original topic.

Maybe I'm in the minority, I don't know, but it happens throughout the boards on numerous occasions with you all. I'm not an admin or a moderator, I'm just a fellow Bones fan who has been a member of this board longer than you all have and I'm making a request for you all to please take it down a notch. The IHBFC is for stuff like this.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:44 am

Sorry, I do let it get away from me too often and I will make a more concerted effort not to do so in the future.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:09 am

God forbid we have a conversation, not that we have to stay on the topic all the time, maybe if you wanna stay in the know or at least not be so confused, get on more often. I'm not accusing you or anything but I feel like people are beginning to take away the freedoms that this board originally started with or at least from what I've been told. We can't do this, we can't do that. It's like jeez, calm down it's not even that bad. A. The thread was just a little mention that escalated into a conversation and B. no one is breaking any rules that I know of, so let it be.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:37 am

RGPageantqueen wrote:God forbid we have a conversation, not that we have to stay on the topic all the time, maybe if you wanna stay in the know or at least not be so confused, get on more often. I'm not accusing you or anything but I feel like people are beginning to take away the freedoms that this board originally started with or at least from what I've been told. We can't do this, we can't do that. It's like jeez, calm down it's not even that bad. A. The thread was just a little mention that escalated into a conversation and B. no one is breaking any rules that I know of, so let it be.

A comment like this is feels like a direct hit at me, the owner of this board. This board offers multiple freedoms to every member here and is practically self-governing, which is quite unusual for a forum of this size. If you have a question or comment about this, then feel free to PM me in private.

Although Meegs did respond rather harshly, I do agree that she has a point. The main chat area, the IHBFC, was created in order for general conversation to occur. Not that I have any problem with the usual chat that occurs in every topic; of course that's what they are there for. But when it becomes convoluted, then I can understand why people would be upset.
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:49 am

Whoa, I'm not trying to start a fight here. No, you're not breaking any rules and I have no authority to tell you if you are anyway. I was just making a request. It becomes tiresome having to look through all of the posts between you all, trying to find info on the topic and it would be appreciated if you could just tone it down. Of course threads go "off topic," but sometimes it gets to be over-the-top. Yes, this is a "little topic" that is not of great significance, but it happens with a lot more topics as well.

I'm not trying to cause a problem, I was just asking a favor. If you choose to ignore my request, then that's your choice. Please don't blame me for telling you what you can and can't do. That was not my intention.

Thank you, THX for the response, I really appreciate it.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:51 am

P.S. The post above was in response to RGPageantqueen's post, I had not read yours yet, Willi.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:53 am

Meegs82 wrote:P.S. The post above was in response to RGPageantqueen's post, I had not read yours yet, Willi.

HA! No problem. I completely understand. I understand both sides!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:58 am

On a lighter note, my previous post was a little snarky!! Time for some soothing chocolate....
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:59 am

Meegs82 wrote:Whoa, I'm not trying to start a fight here. No, you're not breaking any rules and I have no authority to tell you if you are anyway. I was just making a request. It becomes tiresome having to look through all of the posts between you all, trying to find info on the topic and it would be appreciated if you could just tone it down. Of course threads go "off topic," but sometimes it gets to be over-the-top. Yes, this is a "little topic" that is not of great significance, but it happens with a lot more topics as well.

I'm not trying to cause a problem, I was just asking a favor. If you choose to ignore my request, then that's your choice. Please don't blame me for telling you what you can and can't do. That was not my intention.

Thank you, THX for the response, I really appreciate it.

I get you, I just don't really see the big issue in letting something go a little off topic. Unless rules are being broken, it shouldn't be a problem if things go a little OT. It would be a little different if I came here to post a thread about something COMPLETELY different than something about Emily. But thats just me

PS.. I'm sorry I'm being a little pissy, it's that time if you know what I mean Wink
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:24 am

And you never know what's going to strike our fancy, just like in a live conversation! But I shall attempt to behave as well. No promises to never do it again though--look who we're surrounded by! Wink

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:47 am

dawnsfire wrote:And you never know what's going to strike our fancy, just like in a live conversation! But I shall attempt to behave as well. No promises to never do it again though--look who we're surrounded by! Wink

queen

Hehe Wink Oh, I know how conversations go off topic, that's totally normal. I'm just saying perhaps you all could agree to take your convo to the IHBFC or something. Or you know what you could do?!?! (this idea just struck me) Create your own thread in the "Non Bones Topics" forum that is kinda like the "Kiki and Flyers Talk Nonsense" thread! Seriously, you all could really go nuts in there, it could probably be really fun! And some of us who like to read your posts can join in if we so choose. That way, it would be in an appropriate place and wouldn't get in the way of people reading on-topic threads. Call it "Dawn, Ella, Pimp, and Rob's Lair of Lunacy" or something cutesy like that Razz And I TOTALLY mean that in an endearing way, I swear!!! It would be incredibly entertaining! Smile
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:48 am

willgirl wrote:On a lighter note, my previous post was a little snarky!! Time for some soothing chocolate....

How'd that chocolate thing go for ya, Will? Very Happy You can't really go wrong with chocolate!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:29 am

I get what you're saying Meegs and maybe we will take our convo's to the non bones thread, But be a little more gentle with people, it's only natural that things get off topic. Heck my friends have the attention span of a squirrel it takes us two hours to have a serious conversation because we may be talking about whatever is bothering us and then something in the conversation may strike up something and the next thing we know we're talking about something completely different.

All I ask, por favor, is that you be a little bit more gentle in your requests and give a little leeway to let the topics drift if thats where the wind takes us. Eventually it will either die or the conversation will just end.

But you're right, maybe we should have our own random convo thread... Maybe we should have a warning sign on the door! Smile
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:08 pm

RGPageantqueen wrote:I get what you're saying Meegs and maybe we will take our convo's to the non bones thread, But be a little more gentle with people, it's only natural that things get off topic. Heck my friends have the attention span of a squirrel it takes us two hours to have a serious conversation because we may be talking about whatever is bothering us and then something in the conversation may strike up something and the next thing we know we're talking about something completely different.

All I ask, por favor, is that you be a little bit more gentle in your requests and give a little leeway to let the topics drift if thats where the wind takes us. Eventually it will either die or the conversation will just end.

But you're right, maybe we should have our own random convo thread... Maybe we should have a warning sign on the door! Smile

I had no intention of being "harsh." I believe I *was* being gentle. And trust me, I've given a LOT of "leeway." I've been ignoring it for a couple of months now. Anyway, like I said, not trying to start anything and I have no "beef" with any of you. I've already explained how I feel, so enough of that. I would even stroll by a thread in the "Non Bones Topics" and see what shenanigans you all are getting into! It CAN be entertaining, it's just a matter of how far it goes within the actual topic threads. And a warning sign might be good! hahaha Laughing Laughing Laughing
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:17 pm

Meegs82 wrote:Is there ANY way you all can cut down on the back-and-forth banter? While you all might find it entertaining, I find it distracting. I came to this thread looking for more discussion on the actual TOPIC and it just becomes a bit irritating to have to sift through it all to find anything having to do with the original topic.

Maybe I'm in the minority, I don't know, but it happens throughout the boards on numerous occasions with you all. I'm not an admin or a moderator, I'm just a fellow Bones fan who has been a member of this board longer than you all have and I'm making a request for you all to please take it down a notch. The IHBFC is for stuff like this.

THAT was a little harsh. I apologize for that and I didn't mean it the way it came out.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by PIMP Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:21 am

OK, I'm as guilty as anyone for running away with threads. Its just how my mind works. I'll latch on to some random thought or innocent comment and go off on a completely different tangent, usually a naughty one. I try never to do that with a serious thread, and seeing as how Ella started this thread and was seeming not to mind the insane direction this went, I didn't think there was a problem. Most of the time these convos are spontaneous in the direction they take, , and that's half the fun, and taking it from the thread they are in to another one seems to me would kill that. However, Meegs, I can see your point. If your time is limited and you think you're going to read a thread about something and there's nothing but nonsense on it, I can see how that would be annoying.

I will, along with the rest, try to behave more. This is a great forum, and its nice to be in such a relaxed atmosphere as compared to a lot of other forums. We all want this to be a fun and relaxing and fair place to come, and realizing how our actions may impact others is something I will try to exercise more.
PIMP
PIMP
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:20 am

Am I the only one who sees the irony in the fact that the thread has once again gone off topic only now it's gone off topic on the topic of being off topic?

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:02 am

THX1138 wrote:Am I the only one who sees the irony in the fact that the thread has once again gone off topic only now it's gone off topic on the topic of being off topic?

king RM

I was actually thinking the EXACT same thing and I'm the one that started all this! Wink Rolling Eyes
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:04 am

Hmmm...how 'bout back to the topic? Wink Ella, what interview was it that you read and who was it that mentioned Emily and her veganism? I'd love to read it!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by PIMP Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:30 pm

THX1138 wrote:Am I the only one who sees the irony in the fact that the thread has once again gone off topic only now it's gone off topic on the topic of being off topic?

king RM

Just wanted my say along with everyone else. Carry on. Very Happy
PIMP
PIMP
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next