Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Not to Wear...

+6
Lo
CanadianBones
THX1138
DBCrazy
i_heart_bones
RGPageantqueen
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What Not to Wear... - Page 3 Empty Re: What Not to Wear...

Post by RGPageantqueen Fri May 22, 2009 1:59 pm

Fluffernutter wrote:Apparently we're no longer talking about Emily, but just wanted to ring in on the original topic. I think ED wears very flattering clothes for her. Also, she has a very classic style to compliment her classic features and coloring, so I think it works very well.

you must of missed the upfronts dress... really, it's ok, she'll never read this. Confess that it's hideous.... If any other 32 year old woman wore that would you not go, "ew, please change?" she doesn't need to dress like she's 23, but like Robert said, she has worn outfits in the past that make her look stunning and then she wears that and you gotta think what in the world what she thinking when she she got dressed.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Fri May 22, 2009 6:01 pm

I think we got way too far away from the original topic.

And on topic: I don't think that she is wearing something hideous, maybe some of the outfits look even better on her, but I don't think that's a reason to talk as if she looked like a 80 year old most of the time.

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Fri May 22, 2009 10:28 pm

If we could please stay on topic in this discussion I would appreciate it and also for legal matters Razz the double meaning posts should wait until Ella turns 18! (at least Very Happy ) chickie don't instigate the fire please.
Thank you

Now you all were talking about ED's fashion sense right?
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 39283
Say What You Want : Just another cashew in a town of mixed nuts
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat May 23, 2009 3:51 am

Hehe... eighteen in 2 weeks from tomorrow!!!!! It's so exciting! Wink

And yeah we were... She's so beautiful... I wanna take her shopping and show her that clothes are her friend and they enhance her natural beauty. Smile
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3

Back to top Go down

Post by PIMP Sat May 23, 2009 3:54 am

RGPageantqueen wrote:Hehe... eighteen in 2 weeks from tomorrow!!!!! It's so exciting! Wink

And yeah we were... She's so beautiful... I wanna take her shopping and show her that clothes are her friend and they enhance her natural beauty. Smile

Anxious males are counting down the days...lol.....oops!! Off topic again!! *scuttles away*
PIMP
PIMP
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16028
Say What You Want : Don't tempt me, I give in easy.

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat May 23, 2009 3:58 am

oh pimp... don't instigate! gosh... ::slaps your arm pathetically::
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by PIMP Sat May 23, 2009 4:01 am

RGPageantqueen wrote:oh pimp... don't instigate! gosh... ::slaps your arm pathetically::

why do you think I scuttled? *scuttles away more*
PIMP
PIMP
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat May 23, 2009 4:14 am

you say scuttle I think of the bird from Little Mermaid....

"Scuttle, Hi scuttle"

"whoa, you swim fast"

Man, Now I wanna watch that movie...
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by PIMP Sat May 23, 2009 4:22 am

One of my favorite movies from Disney, actually.
Now, I'll no longer drag this thread off topic. *Tries to walk away as normally as possible.*
PIMP
PIMP
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Sat May 23, 2009 4:35 am

I think all stars have hits and misses when it comes to fashion. And as you have pointed out ED is not as thin as Tamara or Michaela so she has to have a different style than them.
I like the fact that she isn't as thin because it encourages people to accept the fact that not every TV star has to be a size 0. So maybe what happens is that (and having that same shape I would know; although I am not a size 8 ) she tries to 'cover' the lower half of her body a bit with those kind of dresses. THe second one she wore to the upfront party I think would have been better if the stripes weren’t that thick; having a shapely bottom can be difficult for us lowly mortals Razz I can IMAGINE being a star can’t be easy. Because if you flaunt it you have magazines going on and on and on about how big you are and if you hide it then this what happens “the badness of wearing something loose’ they can never win really.

Last edited by Turi ray of sunshine on Sat May 23, 2009 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 39283
Say What You Want : Just another cashew in a town of mixed nuts
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat May 23, 2009 4:50 am

Turi ray of sunshine wrote:I think all stars have hits and misses when it comes to fashion. And as you have pointed out ED is not as thin as Tamara or Michaela so she has to have a different style than them.
I like the fact that she isn't as thin because it encourages people to accept the fact that not every TV star has to be a size 0. So maybe what happens is that (and having that same shape I would know; although I am not a size 8 ) she tries to 'cover' the lower half of her body a bit with those kind of dresses. THe second one she wore to the upfront party I think would have been better if the stripes weren’t that thick; having a shapely bottom can be difficult for us lowly mortals Razz I can IMAGINE being a star can’t be easy. Because if you flaunt it you have magazines going on and on and on about how big you are and if you hide it then this what happens “the badness of wearing something loose’ they can never win really.

Of course there is a happy medium, I mean if you focus on t he fashio part of the conversation, I think we've established what would look good on Emily. She tends to wear a lot of black and that sometimes washes out her skin and she pairs it with heavy black make up and she starts to look dead. I think a lot of color would be good for her, fun prints, cuter cuts on the outfits that show off her neck, shoulders, back and arms. I mean she doesn't have to dress like Katy Perry at the American Idol finale (did you see that? UGH!) but she tends to stick a lot of unattractive clothes (as in clothes that don't accentuate her body) again not in a slutty manner, but she tends to cover up her body by wearing unattractive clothes, I mean the clothes alone are unattractive, on Emily, on my mom, on a 90 year old woman. That dress is particularly unattractive.

Psychologically, my best guess would be that she isn't there to be a model, thats not her job, so to her she wears clothes that aren't too flashy, so that she and those around her can focus on their job. Keeping a professional manner, if you will, she doesn't want everyone going off about her clothes. But then again, people like to talk about the worst dressed. So you really can't win. My best suggestion is finding something that looks good on her body, accentuates the parts of her body that make her beautiful, highlight her gorgeous eyes, her beautiful skin, wear something fun and pretty, not too flashy but not too drab either.

There's always a happy medium in fashion, always new stuff coming out, new looks, I would think that it would be good to use these parties and events as experiments, to see how something looks on you, and just to have fun. Smile

That dress looks like something right out of my moms 1990's dressy clothes closet....
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat May 23, 2009 5:40 am

Turi ray of sunshine wrote:I think all stars have hits and misses when it comes to fashion. And as you have pointed out ED is not as thin as Tamara or Michaela so she has to have a different style than them.

I agree Turi, in fact one of the things I find most attractive about Emily is her natural beauty. The woman is statuesque, well proportioned limbs, great skin, a nice figure, and she's simply healthy. It's a nice change from the stick figures or the plastic princesses you so often see in Hollywierd.

I think what drove RG and I down this path fashion-wise was the fact that she can look so amazing when she's put together with the right dress and accessories, and when she isn't it's literally like hiding her light under a basket, or in the case of that one dress a potato sack. I think her formal style, winch is really a late 50's/early 60's influenced classical style when it comes to formal wear, suits her well, but the dress selection not always so much. If I could pull her aside, and manage to stop drooling for five seconds or not have a heart attack, I'd point her to a copy of Breakfast at Tiffany's. Emily and Audrey have a lot in common, although Hepburn was almost waif-like skinny and Em clearly isn't. Both have shapely shoulders and long, slender necks, and both have/had fairly conservative taste in clothing. What Hepburn did was select dresses that accentuated her shoulders, arms, neck, while she hid a lot of the rest. Emily does that from time to time, but I think what RG and I were saying is, we'd love to see her do it consistently since she's such a beautiful woman.

Now that said, Emily's personal style when it comes to casual clothes is more a funky casual and it so totally works for her I'd never dream of asking her to change anything in that area. Well that's my .02

Robert Modean
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat May 23, 2009 5:56 am

RGPageantqueen wrote:Psychologically, my best guess would be that she isn't there to be a model, thats not her job, so to her she wears clothes that aren't too flashy, so that she and those around her can focus on their job. Keeping a professional manner, if you will, she doesn't want everyone going off about her clothes. But then again, people like to talk about the worst dressed. So you really can't win. My best suggestion is finding something that looks good on her body, accentuates the parts of her body that make her beautiful, highlight her gorgeous eyes, her beautiful skin, wear something fun and pretty, not too flashy but not too drab either.
You know, of course, that psychology is a soft science? Sorry, couldn't resist that one, but I think you've hit on something there. I imagine for Emily, who's someone that doesn't seem as obsessed about her 'persona' as a lot of actors/actresses are, sees most of these events as work events and treats them in a perfunctory manner in which case she's dressing to fit in, not stand out. Then when you get to things like the Golden Globes which have significant professional importance, or say the Genesis awards which have significant personal importance, she goes the extra mile to look her best. That's why the disconnect between say, the way she's dressed for the Upfronts and the way she dressed for the Genesis awards or the GGs.

That dress looks like something right out of my moms 1990's dressy clothes closet....
Laughing

Sorry, but I had to laugh at that one. I get crap all the time for the throwbacks I hang onto even though I'll never wear them again.

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum