Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Not to Wear...

+6
Lo
CanadianBones
THX1138
DBCrazy
i_heart_bones
RGPageantqueen
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What Not to Wear... Empty What Not to Wear...

Post by RGPageantqueen Wed May 20, 2009 1:41 pm

I don't watch the show often, just when it comes on after Jon and Kate plus 8, but after looking at the upfronts pictures, I think she needs to be on the show. That red blue grey dress looks like something a 40 year old would wear to an accounting job. The blue dress is cute, but it should be sleeveless. show off her gorgeous arms, she's so pretty and her outfits sometimes take back from how pretty she is. Smile I know she prefers secondhand and vintage stuff, but you can find such cute vintage clothes, look at her sister... I think the WNTW crew needs to make over Emily....

No offense to her, I love her, I just think she can do better dressing herself.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

What Not to Wear... Empty Re: What Not to Wear...

Post by i_heart_bones Wed May 20, 2009 2:02 pm

really? i think she dresses really well. appropriate for her age, not like all the other whorish celebrities. i think she always get the look spot on!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Wed May 20, 2009 2:28 pm

I'd have to agree with i<3bones! I enjoy Emily's "look". It's definitely more classic than contemporary, for sure. Zooey is a whole different story, but gorgeous all the same. I enjoyed the red-blue-grey dress way more. She's so pretty she doesn't need the brilliant colors - the subdued colors show her off!

But I'll take that WNTW showcase if there's one up for grabs!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Wed May 20, 2009 3:06 pm

Please call me Indy Smile
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu May 21, 2009 12:04 am

i_heart_bones wrote:really? i think she dresses really well. appropriate for her age, not like all the other whorish celebrities. i think she always get the look spot on!

But I mean the cut of the dress the style, believe me, there are outfits for her age, she's 32 for crying out loud, barely that old at all, she's got a gorgeous body beautiful eyes something fun and flirty that shows off her body and isn't so frumpy (for lack of a better word) here's just two things I found really quick that would look cute on Emily....

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu May 21, 2009 3:35 am

Okay, I'm going to make this quick since I could lose my Man Card just for commenting in this thread, but I think everyone is right, more or less. What I mean is, Emily's style is more classic or contemporary classic than anything. She seems to favor dresses with a 50's or 60's style influence, the blue number, for example, could have come straight out of Donna Reed's closet. Personally I like it, then again I'm a fan of the classics. Also, Em does seem to dress more 'age appropriately' than most female celebs do. Let's face it, there's a fine line between provocative and skanky, Em will never even come close to that line.

That said, the woman needs a tailor. I mean the red, blue & grey number looks like a belted potato sack on her, can someone say 'cut on the bias' for cryin' out loud, the drape of the fabric sucks. Plus the color combo is seriously not complementary, it makes her look washed out and pale, she should stick with classics like black, silver, taupe, or light pastels, things that match well with her fair complexion. Bold prints, bright colors, just aren't going to look as good on her as pastels and dark colors will, and I doubt anyone could make that first dress actually look good - from the neckline down it was a disaster. Speaking of necklines if she's going to wear a scoop neck like that she needs to do something with the collar, or lower the back a bit, otherwise it is a bit school-marmish. What she should do, if she wants a change up, is start favoring cocktail length A-line skirts and dresses, and maybe add in something with an empire waist because with her rack she'd look stunning.

Okay, that's more fashion talk than I've done in years and if my gf finds out she'll drag me out with her next time she goes shopping and for the love of God I don't think I'd survive that.

Robert Modean
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu May 21, 2009 3:43 am

THX, I am going to have to find someone in your neck of the woods and have them take your Man Card from you, by force if necessary! You said you were going to make it quick and you have the largest post in this thread, by a lot! And you know more fashion lingo than I could learn if you sent me to modeling school for the next year!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu May 21, 2009 3:50 am

THX1138 wrote:Okay, I'm going to make this quick since I could lose my Man Card just for commenting in this thread, but I think everyone is right, more or less. What I mean is, Emily's style is more classic or contemporary classic than anything. She seems to favor dresses with a 50's or 60's style influence, the blue number, for example, could have come straight out of Donna Reed's closet. Personally I like it, then again I'm a fan of the classics. Also, Em does seem to dress more 'age appropriately' than most female celebs do. Let's face it, there's a fine line between provocative and skanky, Em will never even come close to that line.

That said, the woman needs a tailor. I mean the red, blue & grey number looks like a belted potato sack on her, can someone say 'cut on the bias' for cryin' out loud, the drape of the fabric sucks. Plus the color combo is seriously not complementary, it makes her look washed out and pale, she should stick with classics like black, silver, taupe, or light pastels, things that match well with her fair complexion. Bold prints, bright colors, just aren't going to look as good on her as pastels and dark colors will, and I doubt anyone could make that first dress actually look good - from the neckline down it was a disaster. Speaking of necklines if she's going to wear a scoop neck like that she needs to do something with the collar, or lower the back a bit, otherwise it is a bit school-marmish. What she should do, if she wants a change up, is start favoring cocktail length A-line skirts and dresses, and maybe add in something with an empire waist because with her rack she'd look stunning.

Okay, that's more fashion talk than I've done in years and if my gf finds out she'll drag me out with her next time she goes shopping and for the love of God I don't think I'd survive that.

Robert Modean

Yes, but does it make her butt look big? JK JK!!!

seriously though, look at the dresses I picked out, I just googled a womens fashion catalogue found that site, and found those two dresses without trying too hard. Personally the second one is my favorite and favors her "Donna Reed" (Thank you Gilmore Girls for the education of who Donna Reed is) style a little bit. But yes, that grey dress looks like a potato sack. She needs to expose her arms a little bit, she's got gorgeous arms, she should expose them. She needs color for the love of god she always looks like she's going to a job interview for an accounting or office job and not out promoting her show. I mean she's had some seriously gorgeous outfits in the past for instance this one is my favorite:

this looks like a shipwreck and should be burned:

The black on black makes her look washed out and pasty. The fringed skirt looks too trashy for a movie premiere. Really she wears a lot of outfits that hide her body, I don't know why, she's got a gorgeous body, nice curves, nice chest, you know what they say if you got it flaunt it. She doesn't need to be showing cleavage, as she is far too old for that, but that purple dress I picked out would hide that, it would show off her body and it gives her color so she's not so drab. She wears too much black, she's like a sexed up goth girl with all the black make up.... And ESPECIALLY since it's summer she needs to throw some summer colors into her wardrobe, some purples, pinks, greens, yellows, orange.

I'd love to take her shopping, we'd have fun, though we'd probably fight too much.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu May 21, 2009 3:51 am

DBCrazy wrote:THX, I am going to have to find someone in your neck of the woods and have them take your Man Card from you, by force if necessary! You said you were going to make it quick and you have the largest post in this thread, by a lot! And you know more fashion lingo than I could learn if you sent me to modeling school for the next year!

I have to say, I'm kind of turned on by his fashion talk. I like guys who know what they are talking about.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu May 21, 2009 3:53 am

RGPageantqueen wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:THX, I am going to have to find someone in your neck of the woods and have them take your Man Card from you, by force if necessary! You said you were going to make it quick and you have the largest post in this thread, by a lot! And you know more fashion lingo than I could learn if you sent me to modeling school for the next year!
I have to say, I'm kind of turned on by his fashion talk. I like guys who know what they are talking about.
There you go, Robert! But you better wait till her birthday!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu May 21, 2009 3:58 am

Heh, I plead victim of circumstance. My two cousins, mom, sister-in-law, god mother, three neices, and my ex are all seamstresses and quilters. It's osmosis, I swear to God it's osmosis. Plus I do like to look good, and if you're going to buy clothes for a woman it helps to know more than "she's a medium".

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu May 21, 2009 4:01 am

THX1138 wrote:

Heh, I plead victim of circumstance. My two cousins, mom, sister-in-law, god mother, three neices, and my ex are all seamstresses and quilters. It's osmosis, I swear to God it's osmosis. Plus I do like to look good, and if you're going to buy clothes for a woman it helps to know more than "she's a medium".

RM

I say that about the little boy whose mom does the costumes for our dance studio and the leotards for the gymnasts, he will grow up to be a fashionista, and not even gay, but like you said it's osmosis...

And DB, I'll be 18 in like 2 weeks and 3 days. So, till then we can just pretend. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu May 21, 2009 4:15 am

DBCrazy wrote:
RGPageantqueen wrote:I have to say, I'm kind of turned on by his fashion talk. I like guys who know what they are talking about.

Oh yeah, now we're in dangerous territory and this will not go over well with my gf if she reads it. Best to have the EMT's on standby for me DBC, and someone out there my blood type? AB Neg anyone?

RGPageantqueen wrote:
I say that about the little boy whose mom does the costumes for our dance studio and the leotards for the gymnasts, he will grow up to be a fashionista, and not even gay, but like you said it's osmosis...

Yep. They get us when we're young and impressionable, and you can't help but pick things up.

RGPageantqueen wrote:
And DB, I'll be 18 in like 2 weeks and 3 days. So, till then we can just pretend.

Danger Will Robinson!!! Danger!!!*

RM

* Lost in Space reference for those too young to remember the show.
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu May 21, 2009 4:20 am

THX1138 wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:
RGPageantqueen wrote:I have to say, I'm kind of turned on by his fashion talk. I like guys who know what they are talking about.

Oh yeah, now we're in dangerous territory and this will not go over well with my gf if she reads it. Best to have the EMT's on standby for me DBC, and someone out there my blood type? AB Neg anyone?

RGPageantqueen wrote:

Yep. They get us when we're young and impressionable, and you can't help but pick things up.

RGPageantqueen wrote:
And DB, I'll be 18 in like 2 weeks and 3 days. So, till then we can just pretend.

Danger Will Robinson!!! Danger!!!*

RM

* Lost in Space reference for those too young to remember the show.

I never saw that movie so to quote our friend Temperance Brennan, "I don't know what that means"

Girlfriends are evil, unless they cheated on you first.... I think you can tell in those cases... Why would she read this unless she gets on here and/or snoops than in which case I'd be nervous, cause as a girl who snoops it usually means she's leary of cheating or is jealous of you- either way, I've felt both. you're probably too old for me anyways....
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu May 21, 2009 4:39 am

RGPageantqueen wrote:Girlfriends are evil, unless they cheated on you first.... I think you can tell in those cases... Why would she read this unless she gets on here and/or snoops than in which case I'd be nervous, cause as a girl who snoops it usually means she's leary of cheating or is jealous of you- either way, I've felt both. you're probably too old for me anyways....

Mine is relatively benign but she has a jealous streak in her because I do tend to flirt with women, a lot. Now in my defense I'm utterly unabashed about it and totally indiscriminate - okay, that's not really a defense, but at least it's honest. I'll flirt with ladies in their 90's and girls much younger than myself, it's just my nature to do so, I don't even realize I'm doing it half the time. Still she's not mistrusting of me so much as she mistrusts other women, she knows I'm not going anywhere.

I never saw that movie so to quote our friend Temperance Brennan, "I don't know what that means"

First, excellent Brennan quote. Second, I was actually going for the 1960's TV show so you are most definitely correct, I'm too old for you. In fact the difference in my age and my gf's is almost equal to YOUR age.

RM

Damn, now I need some geritol.
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu May 21, 2009 4:43 am

18 years? yes well if only you knew... I'm an absolute flirt, especially if you are good looking, I use it to my benefit... My boyfriend got mad at me when I would look at a guy and go "Oh hello, whats your name?" Which is my code for "hello sexy, lets fuck"

And were you a child when that show came out??? Cause then thats not SO bad, after all, I would fuck David in a heartbeat.... Smile
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu May 21, 2009 5:16 am

RGPageantqueen wrote:18 years? yes well if only you knew... I'm an absolute flirt, especially if you are good looking, I use it to my benefit... My boyfriend got mad at me when I would look at a guy and go "Oh hello, whats your name?" Which is my code for "hello sexy, lets fuck"

Actually my gf is 24 and she's 17 years younger than me, so you can do the math, I feel old when I say it even though I'm told I don't look my age (no gray hair, w00t!). As for the absolute flirt thing? OMG the damage we could do, lol. I am absolutely shameless about flirting to get what I want, and what really ticks of my gf is it works, not that she's above using it for her own means. When I'm working it for her she calls it 'whoring'. If we want a better table at a restaurant and she'll point me in the direction of the hostess and say, "Go whore us a good table". Then, of course, in keeping with that aspect of women I'll never understand she gets mad at the hostess for flirting back at me.

And were you a child when that show came out??? Cause then thats not SO bad, after all, I would fuck David in a heartbeat.... Smile

Actually I was a child when I saw it, a very young child, in fact I saw it in reruns on Saturday mornings, so I guess that's not all that bad and I am only nine months older than David... Okay, now we ARE in dagnerous territory. Laughing

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu May 21, 2009 5:32 am

David looks GOOD for being a newly 40 year old. I usually set a limit for no one over 30... But believe me, It doesn't stop me. There is a dad of one of the little girls who goes to my gym Saturday mornings and I swear to god he looks like Chris Daughtry.... SOOOOO Freakin hot! Single dad too. When he pays me the monthly tuition, He usually writes a check and is always flirting with me for a pen...

Or if there's a cute guy in the gym, I use my flexibility as a way of getting them to notice me... It works too... I can't tell ya how many guys watch me when I stretch. My coach is only 26 and she gets mad at me for it, but i can't help it... I'm good at it, and it's fun... Wink

41's not that bad, by the way, again looking at David. Very Happy
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu May 21, 2009 5:45 am

I can see that I'm going to have to watch what I say around you two!! You do know that we have some pretty young ones 'round these parts, don't you?
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu May 21, 2009 6:05 am

The youngest I met is 14... Are they younger than that? Cause Bones is TV-14 in America and they have sex in it, so it's not like they aren't aware of it... But yeah... I know. Ii'm just saying I'm a flirt... I'm not being too bad am i?
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu May 21, 2009 6:12 am

RGPageantqueen wrote:
Or if there's a cute guy in the gym, I use my flexibility as a way of getting them to notice me... It works too... I can't tell ya how many guys watch me when I stretch. My coach is only 26 and she gets mad at me for it, but i can't help it... I'm good at it, and it's fun... Wink

Attractive and flexible...must...purge...impure thoughts...Ah screw it. Anyway, so you're evil? I knew there was something about you I liked. Laughing

Heh, Two weeks and three days you say?

RM

Yeah, I know I'm going to hell. Might as well enjoy the trip.
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu May 21, 2009 6:13 am

DBCrazy wrote:I can see that I'm going to have to watch what I say around you two!! You do know that we have some pretty young ones 'round these parts, don't you?

Actually if you think about it, this is all your fault! Wink

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu May 21, 2009 6:18 am

RGPageantqueen wrote:The youngest I met is 14... Are they younger than that? Cause Bones is TV-14 in America and they have sex in it, so it's not like they aren't aware of it... But yeah... I know. Ii'm just saying I'm a flirt... I'm not being too bad am i?
There's a few 13 year olds too. I'm not suggesting that they're too young to know about it, but I was starting to blush a bit and I've got THX beat! I'll just say you might have been flirting with the line a bit much! And since I felt like I instigated it I thought I might ought to step in.

I'm not a moderator, just a fellow ABYer! But I do recognize Lost in Space's most famous line when I hear it!! What was that robot's name?
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu May 21, 2009 6:19 am

THX1138 wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:I can see that I'm going to have to watch what I say around you two!! You do know that we have some pretty young ones 'round these parts, don't you?

Actually if you think about it, this is all your fault! Wink

RM
I know, that's why I stepped in again!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu May 21, 2009 6:21 am

THX1138 wrote:
RGPageantqueen wrote:

Attractive and flexible...must...purge...impure thoughts...Ah screw it. Anyway, so you're evil? I knew there was something about you I liked. Laughing

Heh, Two weeks and three days you say?

RM

Yeah, I know I'm going to hell. Might as well enjoy the trip.

Hehe, Yep, just pretend till then... shhhh our little secret.... Wink

I'm an evil yet, very sweet, lovable, flexible, girl... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

gotta love me!
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum